(Topic ID: 29339)

NEW CODE ALERT!!!!!! AC/DC 1.61 is UP on Stern's site!

By Rarehero

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DirtyDeeds
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RR.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    acdc_pinball_score2.JPG
    There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Don't forget option #105 and 106.
    Default is family mode and insult level medium ))
    You want the full meal deal.

Don't believe I ever read this before but have it adjusted now. Thanks for the heads up.

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from Zdoor:

Had the same problem and fixed it the same way.

It will happen again though. I moved my targets as far as they could go in one direction then installed a washer under one side of the base In order to re-center the stand up. That's seemed to work out ok so far.

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

It will happen again though. I moved my targets as far as they could go in one direction then installed a washer under one side of the base In order to re-center the stand up. That's seemed to work out ok so far.

Pat talked to Steve about it and he said they were supposed to be the smallest rubbers and maybe we got larger ones. They are sending me a set. Any chance you can take a pic of that washer solution?

#104 11 years ago

Mine fixed itself... the rubbers finally broke. Works fine without em!

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nico:

you buy direct from stern ?

Nah. The order is being processed by a distributor, but the games ship directly from Stern factory.

Quoted from shock_me:

You're going to love this game drbond, enjoy!

I'm sure I will! Last time me and ACDC Premium met, we were inseparable for an entire day (at PPE 2012), amid the company of AAA titles nearby.

#106 11 years ago

My fix for the jammed targets in the lower playfield is to remove the rubbers. Tighten all you want it still happens. Also I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but I have 11 red GI LEDs dead. Word is that Sterns latest two code releases is causing the LEDs to fail.

#107 11 years ago

These LEDs failing is really starting to piss me off. Normally this isn't that big of a deal to me, they are cheap enough to replace and I always have some on hand, but I've had more than a dozen of them fail on me now which is beyond ridiculous as I've only had the pin two months.

Normally not worth it, but I'm considering contacting Stern or Cointaker about this..

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

These LEDs failing is really starting to piss me off. Normally this isn't that big of a deal to me, they are cheap enough to replace and I always have some on hand, but I've had more than a dozen of them fail on me now which is beyond ridiculous as I've only had the pin two months.
    Normally not worth it, but I'm considering contacting Stern or Cointaker about this..

I had 2 more red die on me this week , too, Rob. one wedge base and one bayonet. One of them, I just replaced the week before. I'm up to over a dozen replaced now. Had a blue wedge base go out also. The "benefit" of never having to change these LEDs is awesome.

#109 11 years ago

Strange, I haven't had a single LED die...

#111 11 years ago

Just put in my order to cointaker. Going to switch all the double LED's out to Retro's

#112 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Just put in my order to cointaker. Going to switch all the double LED's out to Retro's

You should have Stern or Cointaker pick up the tab.

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You should have Stern or Cointaker pick up the tab.

Probably but i'll save that for something bigger.

#114 11 years ago

Had 6 go but none since the new code! My lower playfield come from the factory with 2 not even there just empty sockets lol

#115 11 years ago

Three weeks on holiday in Vanuatu. Have not spotted a single pin.

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Three weeks on holiday in Vanuatu.

You realize you are not getting much sympathy here. Sounds like a real shame. Hows the suffering with all the white beaches and crystal blue waters : )

#117 11 years ago

Zucot was kind enough to come down, and help me setup ACDC Premium. I didn't check the manufactured date yet, but my machine had the latest software (and a squeaky clean lower playfield window).

Pretty sure Zucot is gonna be picking up a machine too now that he has 'seen the light'. Just played a game and almost broke 110M on the game (grand champ on my machine....so far), staying extensively in Rock'nRoll Train mode (not by choice mind you...some crappy shooting on my part to change the jukebox). Game is a must play with Steve Ritchie's trash talk set to maximum, and family mode OFF!

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Strange, I haven't had a single LED die...

Me either...well, one red went kinda flakey. I like the 2-LEDs so much I ordered a ton of them to use in the GI on my other games.

Quoted from smassa:

Retros are great unless you've got a lineup of games & they're all on...if you're playing another game and a retro catches your peripheral, it's painful! I think the 2-LEDs are PERFECT...almost as bright as the retro but safe to look at directly. You might wanna keep the 2-LEDs under the slings and other visible areas...Retros in completely covered plastics areas. I had some extra white Retros so I put them in the jukebox devil horns...they're WAY brighter now.

#119 11 years ago

You could use Frosted Retros and you won't have the same issues. They defuse the light nicely.

Dave.

#120 11 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

My fix for the jammed targets in the lower playfield is to remove the rubbers. Tighten all you want it still happens. Also I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but I have 11 red GI LEDs dead. Word is that Sterns latest two code releases is causing the LEDs to fail.

I have also heard code is causing LED issues. That is when running them at 100%. I started having issues with all of the inserts and general illumination bulbs flickering or pulsing together in attract mode. Stern's recommendation was to drop the intensity of the LED's to 90%. I did that and have had no issues ever since. Just a heads up.

Brian

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You realize you are not getting much sympathy here. Sounds like a real shame. Hows the suffering with all the white beaches and crystal blue waters : )

Wonderful place Vanuatu. Can certainly recommend it for some chilled out island life. No pins though, not that I could see anyway. Plenty of evidence of US forces during WW2, the second biggest base after Hawaii. Some beaches are sprinkled with pieces of green glass worn smooth, the forces sure drank some coca-cola!
    Now to download this 1.61 code and see what its all about. Cheers fellas.

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-prem-le-161-is-up-on-sterns-site/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.