Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by playpin35
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the overwhelming amount of ac/dc posts on pinside?

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the overwhelming amount of ac/dc posts on pinside?

When a game is great and many people are buying said game it will get talked about. I suppose you would rather discuss Rolling Stones awesome success???

#3 11 years ago

Acdc will kick your ass & have you begging for more. A spectacular game, thus it gets discussed often.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

Yeah, I wish some folks would really start talking about WOZ.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

It's peaking in interest and lots of people have it. When the next pins come, it will be over. Wait until Star Trek. That should be insane if it is any good. Remember Spiderman?

#6 11 years ago

ACDC is a special pin.

It's buzz can't get much louder, however. And we'll see if it withstands the test of time.

But it's remarkably good.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

It's peaking in interest and lots of people have it. When the next pins come, it will be over. Wait until Star Trek. That should be insane if it is any good. Remember spiderman?

LOL You mean it may become yesterdays news like LOTR or TSPP???

#8 11 years ago

Look back to September and there was a flurry of Tron posts. Flavor of the quarter I guess.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

LOL You mean it may become yesterdays news like LOTR or TSPP???

Keep it up, you are getting a reputation as the #1 fanboy of ACDC. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Keep it up, you are getting a reputation as the #1 fanboy of ACDC. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Does that mean I get the trophy that Jim McCune has been holding for the past year???

#11 11 years ago

Maybe if you work hard at it, you can pass him up. Enjoy your game!

Quoted from smassa:

Does that mean I get the trophy that Jim McCune has been holding for the past year???

#12 11 years ago

In another 2 weeks it will be Metallica saturation.

#13 11 years ago

Remember the XMEN thread? That was the biggest pre-release hype ever. WOZ might be discussed more, but XMEN was the biggest pre-hype. I'm really hoping that Star Trek will get the attention that an A list theme like that should get. As I said before, STTNG is a tough act to follow.

#14 11 years ago

I don't understand why it's getting so much love, honestly. In my mind, Steve Ritchie can do no wrong.... but ACDC doesn't do it for me at all.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

It's peaking in interest and lots of people have it. When the next pins come, it will be over. Wait until Star Trek. That should be insane if it is any good. Remember spiderman?

When the next pins come?
Did you miss X-Men and Avengers?
AC/DC has already survived the coming of the next pins.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Yeah, that "should be insane if it is any good". Dude.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

AC/DC has already survived the coming of the next pins.

Umm, talking about the next release, and after that, and after that etc...Remember, we are a people with a very short attention span. ACDC will get old like every other pin before it. Trust me. Remember Transformers? How about Iron Man? How about Avatar? Get forgotton fast, right?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

And we'll see if it withstands the test of time

It has already been out over a year ! Tell me one late model pin that has had more REAL buzz than ac/dc for this long ?

Best game I have ever owned bar non ! Look at my collection and history !

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Umm, talking about the next release, and after that, and after that etc...Remember, we are a people with a very short attention span. ACDC will get old like every other pin before it. Trust me. Remember Transformers? How about Iron Man? How about Avatar? Get forgotton fast, right?

Cuz they sucked in comparison?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

lol those were never as well received as ACDC & didnt sell nearly as many units. Hell Stern still is sitting on combo TF LE's. ACDC probably will sell more units then all of those combined.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I understand your position of biggest ACDC fan boy (per others here) is under threat. Keep up the hype if you want to retain that status. Not that there is anything wrong with being a fan boy. Just look behind you, others want that spot.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Hell Stern still is sitting on combo TF LE's.

Good work. Keep using HELL in your posts. It's subliminal.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Does that mean I get the trophy that Jim McCune has been holding for the past year

I was crowned that @ Expo 2012 by Steve Ritchie himself. Good luck getting that endorsement!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

Does the term "irony" mean anything to you?

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

It has already been out over a year ! Tell me one late model pin that has had more REAL buzz than ac/dc for this long ?

Tron

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I was crowned that @ Expo 2012 by Steve Ritchie himself. Good luck getting that endorsement!

You cant be crowned that until you've owned all 3 versions of ACDC.

#27 11 years ago

You're the clear winner in the hater department (per everyone). Not that there is anything wrong with being a hater. Just look behind you, nobody cares.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

I understand your position of biggest ACDC fan boy (per others here) is under threat. Keep up the hype if you want to retain that status. Not that there is anything wrong with being a fan boy. Just look behind you, others want that spot.

I'm going to work harder at this.

I'm pretty darn disappointed that I haven't been mentioned in the same breath as McCune as Smassa. That means that I'm not posting about my infatuation with AC/DC enough.

This will change. I will do better!

Then again, until Steve Ritchie himself calls anyone other than McCune "the biggest AC/DC fan of all", he will retain the crown!

Quoted from smassa:

I disagree. Only the King himself can award the crown. Until Steve crowns you the "biggest AC/DC fan of all", the crown will remain with McCune!

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

True, but I have sold a bunch of them for stern with my loud mouth

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Quoted from McCune:

But, did you get Jack's signature and photo ?

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Good work. Keep using HELL in your posts. It's subliminal.

Sorry if my demonic language offends your delicate ears. l'll be sure to send some ear muffs along with some tampons out to you asap.....

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I haven't been mentioned

You are noteworthy. But you have too many favorites. For example, your Avatar is Tron. That's a clear sign to others. Now, get out there and hype it soldier!

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

True, but I have sold a bunch of them for stern with my loud mouth

I cant argue with that.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sorry if my demonic language offends

Seriously, every ACDC owner uses this term like 10 times as much because of the pin call outs and music. You see, you are under its control now. LOL

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Spyder777:

But, did you get Jack's signature and photo ?

No, but I unloaded the game out of the back of Jacks SUV and help set it up ! I played the game for hours before anyone seen the game @ expo with Bryan Kelly.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

No, but I unloaded the game out of the back of Jacks SUV and help set it up ! I played the game for hours before anyone seen the game @ expo with Bryan Kelly.

Priceless!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

You are noteworthy. But you have too many favorites. For example, your Avatar is Tron. That's a clear sign to others. Now, get out there and hype it soldier!

True, I do have a lot of favorites.

But I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if I could only own one pin, it would be AC/DC!

Had a ton of fun playing it today with friends and family. Still feels like a new pin to me. Can't believe that I've had it for over 7 months already.

#38 11 years ago

AC/DC is good. I like it, it's definitely working it's way into my top 20. Is it as good as LOTR? not even close. LOTR is one of those rare epic games that only comes around once. Do I like it better than TF? Not yet. That's only counting newer sterns. There really shouldn't be so many threads about the same shit of the same game tho. That's a reason why pinside is so cluttered with so much useless info and the real helpful stuff falls to the bottom so quickly.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

You're the clear winner in the hater department (per everyone). Not that there is anything wrong with being a hater. Just look behind you, nobody cares.

If you were talking to me, sorry if I hurt your feelings buttercup.

#40 11 years ago

Aww, your feelings did get hurt. Well at least you have something more to complain about. It is obviously what you love most about this site anyways. Flame on, flamer.
Buttercup

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Do I like it better than TF? Not yet.

You shouldnt even be allowed to own a ACDC after that statement right there!!!! Going to have to send Jim over to confiscate your Premium ASAP.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can't believe that I've had it for over 7 months already.

You are pretty picky. It must be good for you.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You shouldnt even be allowed to own a ACDC after that statement right there!!!! Going to have to send Jim over to confiscate your Premium ASAP.

Maybe someone needs to sit you down and have you play the shit out of a TF premium for a good couple of days.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Maybe someone needs to sit you down and have you play the shit out of a TF premium for a good couple of days.

Maybe....But I think the UN abolished it since it was a form of Cruel & Intolerable punishment. They went with something a bit more humane....Water Boarding.

#45 11 years ago

hey, I didn't say I was going to make you play Xfiles, SF2 or Shit tales.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Acdc will kick your ass & have you begging for more. A spectacular game, thus it gets discussed often.

I agree as I own a premium, but it is also nice to see some other topics discussed once in a while. Maybe we need an ac/dc sub-forum?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-posts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.