M_and_J.jpg
beat.jpg
IMB.jpg
album_iron_maiden_somewhere_in_time_ir.jpg
ACDC.jpg
seven_leasttv_05.jpg
IM.jpg
Master_of_Puppets.jpg
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 12 years ago

lady ga ga damit lady ga..........

#102 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

An HP pin would be awesome!

Main reason I think that would be awesome is the wife loved the books and probably wouldn't mind having the pin. the idea of a HP pin is really growing on me.

Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

lady ga ga damit lady ga..........

LMFAO!

#103 12 years ago

Pink Floyd and Harry Potter would be incredible themes. You could do multiple machines with each.

#104 12 years ago

I agree, Steve should do what Steve does best. BK3K!!! It would be the new MM to say the least, what a home run hit! Steve.....build it and they will come!!!

#106 12 years ago

Could Stern really do a BK3K? I mean I know williams isn't exactly in business.. I spose someone still owns the name and could license it?

I for one would sell blood to own something like that. I'm still trying to find a decently priced bk2k.

#107 12 years ago

I am still hoping AC/DC is in the works...!

#108 12 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Could Stern really do a BK3K? I mean I know williams isn't exactly in business.. I spose someone still owns the name and could license it?

I for one would sell blood to own something like that. I'm still trying to find a decently priced bk2k.

Williams is still in business and still owns the rights.

http://www.wms.com/Games/Video/GPlus/Pages/BlackKnight.aspx

They have also made a Funhouse, Attack/Revenge from Mars, Star Trek and others.

#109 12 years ago

@jonnyo: I forgot they still make the slots. Funny they're still using the same themes.

2 weeks later
#110 12 years ago

AC/DC is next and confirmed. Pro ships in Jan the LE shortly after a month + or so.
Lots of drop targets on this one
The LE will have a lower playfield beneath the main. This will be a first on a Stern.

#111 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

AC/DC is next and confirmed. Pro ships in Jan the LE shortly after a month + or so.
Lots of drop targets on this one []
The LE will have a lower playfield beneath the main. This will be a first on a Stern.

Link please!!

#112 12 years ago

Lots of drop targets on this one

#113 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Lots of drop targets on this one []

Were are you getting your info from??Does'nt sound right

#114 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

AC/DC is next and confirmed.

i cant find any info on this either.

#115 12 years ago

I messaged Steve Ritchie on Facebook and he confirmed that this is the next game. His exact words were "What do you think?, The answer is YES and it ROCKS"

#116 12 years ago
Quoted from TJ141:

I messaged Steve Ritchie on Facebook and he confirmed that this is the next game. His exact words were "What do you think?, The answer is YES and it ROCKS"

Old news We know that already...What about this lower playfield info?

#117 12 years ago

Hells Bells intro music.... TREVOR TIME!!!!!!

#118 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

AC/DC is next and confirmed.

Love it,Should be the most rockin pin to come our way!!
Most seem to Love them or Hate them. (AC/DC)

#119 12 years ago

So this guy just came in to post this B.S. and leaves..Pffff!!

#120 12 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Love it,Should be the most rockin pin to come our way!

I don't know something tells me it's a RS converted to ACDC.
Nothing fancy I don't think.

#121 12 years ago

Hi PinMike,
He appears to be a new member that is racking up some karma points,what's wrong with that?All are welcome here.
Did I miss something?

#122 12 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

He appears to be a new member that is racking up some karma points,what's wrong with that?All are welcome here.

He's been here since 2004

#123 12 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

He's been here since 2004

That Quick Profile feature sure is cool!!

#124 12 years ago

We have known for ages that AC-DC is the next pin! A dealer in Australia was told months ago and then told to deny

And the LE is going to have a lower playfield. Not heard about the drop targets but that would be excellent.

#125 12 years ago

The lower playfield was completely obvious in the screenshot they had in that Transformers video that some people grabbed awhile back. At least it was to me.

Oh this reminds me, someone owes me $50. Sweet.

1 month later
#126 12 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

No.
No.
Tool - yes
Mr. Bungle - yes
» YouTube video

Nahhh, Faith No More!

#127 12 years ago

AC/DC is an awful idea. might as well give poison their own. they were always 2nd fiddle to van halen with roth. they just weren't innovative enough. and now the 80's bands including VH, my fav, are just nostalgia acts. metallica or u2 would be the only choices for music because they remain relevant to the contemporary music scene. they probably tried to get led zep or the beatles but they wouldn't sellout. Rock themes are bad. rock is not even the dominant music genre out there.

#128 12 years ago

Terrible idea.....but "you shook me all night long" with a shaker motor.....

#129 12 years ago
Quoted from kiter67:

AC/DC is an awful idea. might as well give poison their own. they were always 2nd fiddle to van halen with roth. they just weren't innovative enough. and now the 80's bands including VH, my fav, are just nostalgia acts. metallica or u2 would be the only choices for music because they remain relevant to the contemporary music scene. they probably tried to get led zep or the beatles but they wouldn't sellout. Rock themes are bad. rock is not even the dominant music genre out there.

Zep will be next in the near future from Stern. Kiss from JJP.

#130 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

kiter67 said:AC/DC is an awful idea. might as well give poison their own. they were always 2nd fiddle to van halen with roth. they just weren't innovative enough. and now the 80's bands including VH, my fav, are just nostalgia acts. metallica or u2 would be the only choices for music because they remain relevant to the contemporary music scene. they probably tried to get led zep or the beatles but they wouldn't sellout. Rock themes are bad. rock is not even the dominant music genre out there.
Zep will be next in the near future from Stern. Kiss from JJP.

VH could be cool, Metallica would do well (in comparison to all other music pins) and huh
on Zep and KISS...

#131 12 years ago

If that under-playfield feature is true, the LE will make the Pro look pretty pointless. It'd be nice to see one of those again, but the theme doesn't do much for me.

#133 12 years ago
Quoted from kiter67:

AC/DC is an awful idea. might as well give poison their own. they were always 2nd fiddle to van halen with roth. they just weren't innovative enough.

AC/DC has sold 200 million albums.
Van Halen sold 80 million.
-
So no doubt, VH will always be second fiddle to AC/DC.
-
-
Roth always wanted to be a clone of BOA's Jim Dandy. The high kicks, half spoken lyrics, the clothes. Big Jim Dandy had better hair though...

#134 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I think if a band themed pin has a chance, it would be a Metallica machine (which has been rumored as an upcoming Stern machine).

I would never buy Metallica nor put a quarter in the machine on location. F them. Their music is decent but they are major A holes. Not a big fan of rock and roll pins but did enjoy GNR last I played it and Tommy. AC/DC and/or another Kiss pinball machine might have a chance. But I want pinball to take me on a journey or adventure.....going on tour, please. Meh.

I'd want a Highlander pin with Queen as the music - "Born to be Kings". Because there can be only one.

#135 12 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I would never buy Metallica nor put a quarter in the machine on location. F them... they are major A holes.

If you REALLY want to hate Metallica, try and sit through their documentary "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster".

Don't watch it if you like the band, as you will absolutely hate them afterwards.

What a bunch of crying little girls they are...

#136 12 years ago

How many albums did Rolling Stones sell! And it's a stinker......the gameplay better be awesome, just sayin

#137 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many albums did Rolling Stones sell

195 million

#138 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

iceman44 said:How many albums did Rolling Stones sell
195 million

Funny Vid! You know it's one 250 million for RS and while AC/DC hit 200, one album, Back in Black, a great one, accounted for 50 million.....

Still, RS a total stinker pin....

The AC/DC must be for all the overseas wankers......

#139 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Roth always wanted to be a clone of BOA's Jim Dandy. The high kicks, half spoken lyrics, the clothes. Big Jim Dandy had better hair though...

That has got to be Jesse James Dupree's dad .

Jim

#140 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

mnpinball said:Kiss from JJP.
Approaching troll status.

Maybe things changed since I talked to the "man" at expo, but that was the word 2 months ago.
Maybe I should have put in a disclaimer:no eta of game in que and info current 2 months ago but subject to change.

#141 12 years ago

I can't imagine why anyone would consider producing another KISS pin. Not this far out from their relevancy.

#142 12 years ago

Kiss has a instantly recognized branding that lends itself to pinball. They are a living comic book. They merchandise themselves on everything from Lava Lamps to Coffins.

What would a Bad Company, Foghat, Oasis, Foreigner or Coldplay, pinball machine look like? Great bands, but what do the members look like? What are their names? You would probably have to look it up.

Kiss, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden (think Eddie), Elvis, The Misfits...all bands that would work great in a pinball theme appealing to 50 year old males.

#143 12 years ago

True. In 1978. Not today. They weren't ever really even a good band, if we are being totally honest here. I would venture to say that easily 95% of college students today couldn't name you a single KIsS song - definitely not if you took away Rock & Roll All Night. I just don't see that KISS is even marginally relevant anymore, and can't imagine JJP being able to sell even a run of 1000 LEs.

...even to 50 year old guys....

#144 12 years ago

I remember being so excited hearing that The Who had a Tommy pinball game finally coming out.

Imagine my disappointment when I went down to the distributor only to find a big yellow packman with none of the great imagery from the band or the movie. I'll give the design credit that it was the first kinda gay themed broadway game I'd seen. It was ahead of its time, really. Had it come out today with a Moulin Rouge or Wicked theme, it could have saved pinball.

#145 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I would venture to say that easily 95% of college students today couldn't name you a single KIsS song

College kids are not playing or buying $7000 pinball machines.

Anytime I'm in Ann Arbor I hit up Pinball Pete's on campus. Kids are shooting pool or playing air hockey.

Never a single kid on Tron LE, Iron Man, Elvis, RS, TOM, AFM, G&R, or NASCAR, ever.

#146 12 years ago

Point taken. I wasn't really making the reference in terms of target demographic for a home use pinball machine. It was more a statement of KISS' relevancy in pop culture at current. Maybe there are enough KISS fans that would buy another, more expensive pinball machine. I just have my doubts. I also doubt that Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper or the Misfits could sell enough machines today to make it a viable option. Elvis and AC/DC are both top-ten all-time grossing artists, with worldwide appeal and music that will survive modern pop culture fickleness. KISS is identifiable for being the band that wore cool makeup and had huge pyrotechnics on stage, and spawned a reality show and a midget band that are now more popular than the original band. They certainly aren't seeing Love Gun being passed down through the generations.

#147 12 years ago

Some hate AC/DC but they are the minority! The 2010 Black Ice tour ended up being the most successful by AC/DC, grossing roughly $441.1 million, making it the third highest-grossing concert tour of all-time.

That says a lot about a 40 year old band .

Jim

#148 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

KISS is identifiable for being the band that wore cool makeup and had huge pyrotechnics on stage, and spawned a reality show and a midget band that are now more popular than the original band.

Kiss fans still sell out Kiss cruses ($3000 per person 4 day cruse with Kiss), over 500 Kiss coffins @ $5000 (now they have a new 2and run @ $4000 each), $300 wall murals.... SOMEBODY is buying this crap.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I also doubt that Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper or the Misfits could sell enough machines today to make it a viable option.

I just said they had the "look" to be a pinball machine theme, they certainly will never have Kiss' fan base.

#149 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Kiss has a instantly recognized branding that lends itself to pinball. They are a living comic book. They merchandise themselves on everything from Lava Lamps to Coffins.
What would a Bad Company, Foghat, Oasis, Foreigner or Coldplay, pinball machine look like? Great bands, but what do the members look like? What are their names? You would probably have to look it up.
Kiss, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden (think Eddie), Elvis, The Misfits...all bands that would work great in a pinball theme appealing to 50 year old males.

I'd buy a Maiden pin and a Ramones pin in a heartbeat.
Or a Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie Gruesome Twosome pin.

#150 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The 2010 Black Ice tour ended up being the most successful by AC/DC, grossing roughly $441.1 million, making it the third highest-grossing concert tour of all-time.

I had tickets to see them in Oct 2009 in Vegas. Brian Johnson got sick and they rescheduled it for Apr 2010--but I had to deploy to Afghanistan and missed it! I sure hope they have another tour left in them! I may just have to settle for the upcoming pin...!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pinball-machine-yes-or-no/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.