Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

acdc.jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

I have an AC/DC Pinball for sale, I can e-mail pictures upon request, although with less than 400 plays it still looks like it did right out of the box. This pinball has the LED upgrades to the playfield as well as it has the Premium translite, and the original PRO translite. The Premium TL was picked up from a stern dealer, that wasn't exactly supposed to have an extra. Anyway, great looking pin, Lots of fun. I am asking $5,800 but an open to offers. I also have the playfield "Mirrors" or blades as some people call them. You can P.M. me or post on this topic if you are interested. Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

Don't blame you. I'm about done with mine. Good luck with the sale.

#3 6 years ago

HAHAHAHA. "Yah, the game your selling kinda sucks. Good luck."

Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

HAHAHAHA. "Yah, the game your selling kinda sucks. Good luck."

Well, to each his own right? Some pinballs I like, some pinballs I don't much care for. I guess thats why there are so many titles out there right? Now this EMINEM pinball I am hearing about, well he has a cult following, just like ac/dc but some are going to buy and some won't because they don't care for him.

#5 6 years ago

It's not like the old days anymore where you fell in love with a machine you used to play at the local arcade or pizza shop down the street. Then as the years passed you wanted to own a piece of that childhood memory so you bought it. Stern now is trying to target certain "group" followings. Hence AC/DC, and many comic book and movie titles.

#6 6 years ago

I am not a fan of ACDC per say but really enjoy the game .

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I thought i was the only one who bought it and didn't like it. Welcome to the club!

#8 6 years ago

I want one really bad. I played the Pro and liked it but a couple of weeks ago I got to play a premium and I loved it. I am waiting for one to come up for trade close to home and when it does it will be mine.

#9 6 years ago

I am sorry for being dense...is this the Premium for sale ? Thanks

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballdoc:

I have an AC/DC Pinball for sale, I can e-mail pictures upon request, although with less than 400 plays it still looks like it did right out of the box. This pinball has the LED upgrades to the playfield as well as it has the PRO translite, and the original premium translite. The PRO TL was picked up from a stern dealer, that wasn't exactly supposed to have an extra. Anyway, great looking pin, Lots of fun. I am asking $5,800 but an open to offers. I also have the playfield "Mirrors" or blades as some people call them. You can P.M. me or post on this topic if you are interested. Thanks!

I think I got that backwords somehow, mind is elsewhere! It's a PRO model with the PREMIUM TL

#11 6 years ago

It's not his opinion, I think he was sh!^^ing on your for sale thread a bit.

Quoted from pinballdoc:

Well, to each his own right?

Post edited by absocountry2 : profanity edited

#12 6 years ago

I thought the Pro was selling for $4700 NIB including shipping?

#13 6 years ago

Shazzamm!!!!!

Yes you can get the Pro for less than 5K all over the place.

#14 6 years ago

Must be a premium

#15 6 years ago

The 5800 was wishfull thinking, which I put obo. Its a pro, with premium translite and pro tl, as well as led's and mirror blades.

#16 6 years ago

I thought it was a premium also.

#17 6 years ago

** Edited original post for clarity. I apologize I am in between pinside surfing and working on a harley pinball atm.

#18 6 years ago

I'd like to shoot mine out of a cannon.

#19 6 years ago

Heres the pin.

acdc.jpg

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

i thought ac/dc was a masterpiece? i haven't played it but it seems to be a top 10 a-list game according to all that bought it.

maybe explain why it is so terrible tommy gunn, because your viewpoint seems quite different from others that swear it is a perfect "10".

#21 6 years ago

You will sell it for 4200. How can you expect anyone to pay more than the NIB would cost for a used game?
If you need that much out of it in then pack it up and wait a year until production is gone and then you can get higher pricing. Otherwise its going to tough but good luck either way.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from vex:

because your viewpoint seems quite different from others that swear it is a perfect "10".

EVERYTHING in this world will have different opinions. Thats how we work as people. Its not good or bad…just different. What one person loves another can hate.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

You will sell it for 4200. How can you expect anyone to pay more than the NIB would cost for a used game?
If you need that much out of it in then pack it up and wait a year until production is gone and then you can get higher pricing. Otherwise its going to tough but good luck either way.

Thanks for the GL, I posted it as OBO, I am not at all firm on that. And I understand as soon as it is pulled from the box the price drops because it is no longer NIB, I have done the upgrades to it though which did cost money regardless. The LED's, Mirror blades, and premium translite all cost $$ If someone wanted to shoot me an offer of 5k I would more than likely pull the trigger on it.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Pull the boards first.
Cannon would be cool but bashing it with a guitar would be better, use a flying v though, not a Telecaster.
Make sure you get a close up of the point going through that giant ugly melon in the middle of the PF.
Poke a hole in a can of starter fluid and toss it in the coindoor for the grand finale, take it out in rockstar style.
Post the vid on Utoob.

#25 6 years ago

I hate mine too and will gladly sell it for 9K ..

Jim

#26 6 years ago

Don't joke. $9K is actually a pretty reasonable offer for a BiB.

Quoted from McCune:

I hate mine too and will gladly sell it for 9K ..

Jim

#27 6 years ago

I'll probably get shit for this but, I don't care. A local member pm'd me yesterday about this game and here's a recap. He was thinking about getting one. He asked for my two bits.

ACDC

I've been an acdc fan since I was 10. I like the band. First time I saw the ddddc album i was like wow. acdc was also my first concert too. I like the theme.

I was really dissapointed after my first couple of games. To the point, where I thought I made a big mistake. ACDC is just all random stuff, complete random shots, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe later software will fix this.

The sound out of the box is horrible. Distorted to the point, where I though the speakers or amp section was blown. I ended up installing ff tweeters and ran a cap to the left and kept the right speaker open. I added a ex sub hooked up to the cabinet speaker and it improved it a lot. The audio quality/sounds from tron, im and tf are amazing. ACDC sounds especially terrible with the older songs. rosie, hell aint a bad place etc. Some sounds like the spinner drives me crazy. Way overdriven. The newer songs sound better (war machine, train, etc). I got the audio adjusted to where it's just ok. Still can't crank it over 58, without clipping. 12" sub (it's really a mid to me) is a waste. Most of the audio runs through the cab speaker per design. Not like previous sterns, strange.

It is a MASSIVE drain monster (Increase revenue). The worst I've ever seen. It was so bad, that the game was unplayable. I added extra extensions to the maxed side outposts and one to help with the center drain. This improved gamplay a lot and made it more fun.

The light show is nice, it's a bright game. LEDS on newer sterns are ok in my book.

It's fast. I got it on +9 degrees.

Animation is good, except for angus's ahole for the match feature. That's just retarded. Should of been random groupie chicks (not rosie). Glad you can disable that feature.

Feel's like it built solid compared to previous sterns.

Lower playfield window is foggy as hell to begin with. Add your first coat of wax to the playfield and it gets even worse. I do like it's part of the playfield though and not seperate. I don't want to deal with leveling issues or wear around the window.

The band members on a stick is super lame. It's like something out of south park. I unplugged it.

The red hardware is awful imo and it's cheap and it gives it a funky stench out of the box. Ruins that new game smell. It made the game stick out like a sore thumb. It's like a beautiful super model with herpes. Usless imo. I've switched everything over to pro black hardware. Could get the le hardware. It looks so much better. Cost an extra 200, but it's looks natural now.

Right now, there's not a lot to do in acdc. plunge the ball, hit the bumpers. shoot a ramp and hear a train sound. Shoot the drop targets and hear OI!. Hit the bell, it goes gong. shoot a ramp and load the cannon. drain, drain, drain, change the song and repeat. Load the lower playfield once and a while and watch it go in a loop. It's really random at this point. What are you suppose to do? Right, hit stuff. No story line. Just all random hit's, sound effects, and acdc playing in the background.

SR devilish voice callouts are annoying too. There's no way to shut it off. They detuned his voice and it sounds like a bloated guy yelling. Who played the jackpot guitar licks in the game? SR?

The game sucks out of the box imo. I never had to dial a game in so much to get it to play right to my standards. Right now, it's ok. I'm alright with it. I'm still have a little buyers remorse. I should have played it for 5-6 hours before buying it. Bought it on a whime. This is one of those games that gets old pretty quick in a line up imo. Playing it in the wild and owning it are two different things. It's grown on me a little after the work I put into it.

It is cool when you're drinking some beers, and feel like bashing the ball around, and like listening to acdc, but that's about it. The volume won't crank up too loud, because it will start clipping. So that sucks. I like my games really loud. Still not too crazy about it. Some people think it's the greatest thing though. Not sure why. I think because it's new or what they have for games in their line up.

My opinion. You got yours, I got mine. Everyones different. Not hating, just the voice of reason after spending 6.3k. I got it in a lineup with the latest 4 sterns. Comes in 3rd place after im and tron at my house. Spend a lot of time on this one before you pull the trigger.

Post edited by absocountry2 : profanity edited

#28 6 years ago

moved to marketplace

This is a for sale thread, nobody needs to comment on how good or bad AC/DC is here.
other threads on that. Go do it there. If you do not want to hear it, don't go there.

Good luck with the sale.

#29 6 years ago

You have it at 9+ degrees and complain about it being a drain monster.

#30 6 years ago

9 degrees is not from the op, please dont jack the ops thread. Send the poster of that post a pm if you question his table setup.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I'll probably get shit for this but, I don't care. A local member pm'd me yesterday about this game and here's a recap. He was thinking about getting one. He asked for my two bits.

AWESOME !! I have never seen such action in a "for sale" ad ever ! I bet the guy is happy you crapped all over his thread !

Jim

#33 6 years ago

HAHAHAHA. AC/DC Premium, now with 50% more slope!

Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

You have it at 9+ degrees and complain about it being a drain monster.

Your game might be defective, my games sounds amazing.

Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

The sound out of the box is horrible.

Right now you're playing for points. When the new software update hits, objectives will be added as well. There is so much strategy for scoring big it's insane. Try cranking that puppy down to 6.5 and you might be able to keep the ball in play long enough to figure some of it out. The game is crazy fast at 6.5 degrees, I promise.

Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Right now, there's not a lot to do in acdc. plunge the ball, hit the bumpers. shoot a ramp and hear a train sound. Shoot the drop targets and hear OI!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Right now you're playing for points. When the new software update hits, objectives will be added as well. There is so much strategy for scoring big it's insane. Try cranking that puppy down to 6.5 and you might be able to keep the ball in play long enough to figure some of it out. The game is crazy fast at 6.5 degrees, I promise.

Jalpert, you are wasting time with this guy . He can't figure out his game, so naturally, he hates it !

Jim

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

This is a for sale thread, nobody needs to comment on how good or bad AC/DC is here.
other threads on that. Go do it there. If you do not want to hear it, don't go there.

In these guys' defense, this thread was a train wreck long before the reviews arrived. It took 20 posts to decipher if this was a Pro or Premium.

#36 6 years ago

Closing thread, PM op with questions.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside