(Topic ID: 22301)

AC/DC Pinball Competition in Australia. HELP ME WIN THIS!

By Benanaman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gorgar1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you think Ben is the most attractive pinballer in history?”

• Yes 0 votes
  • Heck Yes 0 votes
  • TOTALLY 2 votes
    22%
  • Attractive would be an understatement. 7 votes
    78%

(9 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

ERMAGERDTHISISTHEHEPPIESTDAYEVMEHLEFF!!!

That was my reaction when I learned that there was a national pinball competition on in australia, it was on the AC/DC machine, and it was qualifying at my local arcade!

Now the question is, what sort of score do I need to be putting up regularly in order to win this thing? If you know a thing or two about getting a high score on ACDC, I WANT TO KNOW EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK. Please help me Acka Dacka owners. First prize, an ACDC machine!

http://www.acdcpinballchampionship.com/

#4 11 years ago

Good luck with the contest!

Hopefully RGR doesn't enter or you'll need to get 1 trillllllllllion points to beat him hahaha

Dave.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good luck with the contest!
Hopefully RGR doesn't enter or you'll need to get 1 trillllllllllion points to beat him hahaha
Dave.

Nah his scores have been beating long ago.

#6 11 years ago

See you on the finals Ben.

Sweep the leg!!

#7 11 years ago

Ooh! Mickthepin, another pinger Where are you going to play this one Mick? I'm at browns plains.

#8 11 years ago

good luck

#9 11 years ago

lol the scores dont matter when your playing in a tournament... Looking forward to the new code tho.... Lets hope its gives a better insight into how to play the game and therefore to develop a good strategy... It would help if I owned one to be able to take the glass off...

#10 11 years ago

I will take the Chermside one Ben. Man I don't expect to get passed state but I would be pissed off not to get there and have a shot.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Looking forward to the new code tho

Is there new code in the tournament ?.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

It would help if I owned one to be able to take the glass off...

+1 RGR
This tournament will be undoubtably won by someone who already has the machine. I think there should be a little side action for us hackers that have to play in the wild.

#13 11 years ago

Hope the AC/DC tournament comes to Melbourne as well I'm averaging some nice scores on my LE

Peter

#14 11 years ago

it is in Melbourne right now. Qualifying is from Aug 1 to Oct 31.

#15 11 years ago

Lol there is one guy down there that would clean up for sure, but hes out of the game now. Went to IFPA3 back in 93 and came second in the doubles with Dave Hegge...

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lol there is one guy down there that would clean up for sure, but hes out of the game now. Went to IFPA3 back in 93 and came second in the doubles with Dave Hegge...

Glad his out of the game then lol

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Hope the AC/DC tournament comes to Melbourne as well I'm averaging some nice scores on my LE
Peter

Ive found this one in Sth Melb http://www.railwaypub.com/acdc-pinnie-comp/ , its the only one Ive spotted. I think the operator I bought mine from is getting ready to start up. I wonder what will happen when the code changes?

Quoted from mickthepin:

This tournament will be undoubtably won by someone who already has the machine. I think there should be a little side action for us hackers that have to play in the wild

I think its an advantage for sure but not a certainty. My highest score which I still can't beat is from the early days when I just concentrated on keeping the ball in whilst aiming for whatever was lit. So I think theres still a chance for everyone?

#18 11 years ago

I'm trying to figure out how it works do I take a pic of my score? or enter my name and mobile number at the venue? there's one in Taylors lakes I'll check out later today.

Peter

#19 11 years ago

I think we would have to go on site. Good luck!
I see what you mean. I think a staff member would have to record the score?

#20 11 years ago

Yeah there are multiple locations: http://www.acdcpinballchampionship.com/#!locations

#21 11 years ago

Zac scored over 500 million on ours at Gameworks...I think if you land somewhere around there, your pretty safe. So go for that.

#22 11 years ago

lol its just a matter of knowing how to do it... I watched that dam gameworks vid and I still cant figure out how Trent got over 200 mill....

#23 11 years ago

try rock n roll train, and backpalm up the left side over and over again until the ramp melts.

#24 11 years ago

Have a good nights sleep. Say a prayer to the rock gods of the universe. Meditate for an hour. Grab a fistful of dollars. Put a mean face on. Chain your leg to the machine. Get the song jackpot as high as you dare before starting multiball. Mainly aim for whats relevent to the song and multiball you are in. Relax, concentrate and don't lose the ball. Erm, thats all I know.

#25 11 years ago

Na go on the Bon diet . Whiskey on your cornflakes, a cig every 3-4 min, air guitar sessions, starting at the crack of noon.

Disclaimer: The Bon diet may make you very dead

#27 11 years ago

we need someone to do a great training for pinball comp montage

#28 11 years ago

Australian Pinball League
AC/DC Pinball installed in Timezone Geelong, Geelong VIC 3220
LikeUnlike · · Share · 3 hours ago ·

Theres one for your DirtyDeeds

#29 11 years ago

Went to Taylor's lakes hotel as its listed on the website as a comp game nothing there when I asked they looked at me like I was a freak the girl didn't even know what a pinball machine was ha ha

Peter

#30 11 years ago

Yeah it should have a tournament mode set up but yeah there should be posters around to promote it....

#31 11 years ago

Has anyone seen some top scores that have been entered on some machines in the wild so I know what I should be aiming for.

#32 11 years ago

Well as long as you beat the highest score on the game that you are playing thats all that matters. I assume that operators are setting these up on tournament mode then having say the top 3-5 players play off at that location. Once that is done I am not sure how they are going to run the state champs however I assume that it will be play offs. It all depends on the players that you are playing against, but I would think for tournament play on 5 balls, 200-300 mill should be fine. Highest score that I know of is just over 500 mill.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Went to Taylor's lakes hotel as its listed on the website as a comp game nothing there when I asked they looked at me like I was a freak the girl didn't even know what a pinball machine was ha ha
Peter

Same situation, Peter. A friend and I went to our local (the Vic Hotel, Wagga Wagga) to enter the comp and there was none there. Listed on the web site, but not actually in the pub. Girl behind the bar asked us if we were ok and I said I was looking for the AC/DC pinball. She looked puzzled and said she didn't think they had it, but had heard staff talking about it. My friend gave a cheeky reply "you'd definitely know if it was here or not".

We then went to the Duke hotel down the other end of town and I got to play the Premium for the first time. I got a measly 40 million on my best game. What a woeful night....and I own a Pro machine already.

Cheers!
Adam.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

It all depends on the players that you are playing against, but I would think for tournament play on 5 balls, 200-300 mill should be fine. Highest score that I know of is just over 500 mill.

If that's the case, that's the guy that set the score on the browns plains machine. I looked at that and thought 'That's gotta be a cheat.' I was struggling to get over 50 million on my best games, after mega sessions. Luckily, whoever set it hasn't been around since the tournament started But.... if that's what I need to be doing to win this comp, well, I've got a lot of money to be spending.

Best score so far, around 110 mil. But I haven't played it much yet.

#35 11 years ago

Just called the one in Geelong to save what happened to Peter and Adam. It isn't in the comp so I'll keep looking..

Quoted from Gorgar1:

the girl didn't even know what a pinball machine was ha ha

thats funny!

Can we not use our home machines so I can use my special 'glass off' mod?

#36 11 years ago

The glass off mod is a good one

#37 11 years ago

Thanks Mick yeh it requires skill to work the flippers and reach over to knock the targets down at the same time!
Went to Timezone in Geelong today. They are not in the comp but I was down that way so checked it out. Its a Pro on three ball, $1.50 a game on a swipe card system. Got a 158 to knock off the 108 which was on there. Man the Pro is faster - not as much time to think. Still good fun though!

#38 11 years ago

All the Stern Pros play better than the LEs...

3 months later
#39 11 years ago

So much for getting advice from RGR eh. *blows a rasberry* Enjoy your new pin

#40 11 years ago

Lol its all in the Song Jackpot thread.... But of course on the day things changed cos it was so hard...

#41 11 years ago

He was smart he asked for all the rules before the comp lol

#42 11 years ago

Yeah that helped for sure, didnt realize that Gibo was following the thread as well

#43 11 years ago

not a lot of help on here for playing techniques. huh. 110 seems pretty low, since it seems the gameworks crew over here, seem to hit that every game. Highest i've seen was the 550 or something like that.

#44 11 years ago

Yeah, everyone thinks that. Even I thought that. And then I played the competition machines. Completely took me by surprise. My first game on the competition machine was 1.1 million. That's gotta be a record, it's not even easy to do that poorly if you're trying!! Three super skillshots, straight down the middle. It was so fast I felt blinded by it.

Here's my sob story... I flew to sydney for the qualifier. The qualifier was three machines, and the winner of each machine made it into the nationals. I came second on my machine, and even though my score was higher than other guys that came first on the other machines, it didn't matter! waaah.

The qualifying idea was evil. I flew to sydney for three balls!

We had so much time up our sleeves, would allowing the extra players into the comp really have made that much of a difference? And how do you know you're the best if there's unlucky players still on the sidelines?

#45 11 years ago

Start playing in more comps

#46 11 years ago

Ben you joined AA yet??

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Benanaman:

Yeah, everyone thinks that. Even I thought that. And then I played the competition machines. Completely took me by surprise. My first game on the competition machine was 1.1 million. That's gotta be a record, it's not even easy to do that poorly if you're trying!! Three super skillshots, straight down the middle. It was so fast I felt blinded by it.
Here's my sob story... I flew to sydney for the qualifier. The qualifier was three machines, and the winner of each machine made it into the nationals. I came second on my machine, and even though my score was higher than other guys that came first on the other machines, it didn't matter! waaah.
The qualifying idea was evil. I flew to sydney for three balls!
We had so much time up our sleeves, would allowing the extra players into the comp really have made that much of a difference? And how do you know you're the best if there's unlucky players still on the sidelines?

So you scored higher but didn't get through? How does that work

#48 11 years ago

Like Ben said Pete . There were 3 machines with the winner of "each" machine going through . Didn't matter if you had a higher score on another machine but didn't come 1st . All the names were drawn randomly from a hat to determine the order / machine they were playing on .

#49 11 years ago

Just signed up now Rhodie

#50 11 years ago

You joined Alcoholics Anonymous Ben, I thought you love a drop of wine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pinball-competition-in-australia-help-me-win-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.