Topic Stats

• 384 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinBallMagician
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

507378-bigthumbnail.jpg
acdc-siderails2.jpg
acdc-siderails1.jpg
acdc-siderail31.jpg
lindsay-lohan-iron-maiden.jpg
F0LfG.jpg
IMG_0131.JPG
images.jpeg
IMG00011-20120113-1341.jpg
Cosby_win.gif
Cosby_fail.gif
groupies.jpg
jumpingjack.jpg
ts.jpg
double-dragon-20070508102113637_640w.jpg
double-dragon-20070508102113637_640w.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago

I have added AC/DC pinball to the Pinside database.

To start positive, that bell looks pretty cool, hit it and hear it DONG!

I really hoped to see wire ramps. Ah, too bad!

A cannon, seriously? That's so... Steve Ritchie (in a good way!)

Glad to only see one of those stupid QR codes. No one cares for those things, right?

Cabinet sides ROCK, unfortunately the backglass is not really, uhm, my taste.

Hmm, first reaction is that I'm not thrilled about the use of photos on the playfield. Why oh why is it so hard to hire an artist to do photo-realist art, I wonder. Or is that a limitation of the license?

acdc.jpg

Compare this to Guns n' Roses hand drawn artwork (Markus Rothkranz if I'm not mistaking), which is so much more pleasing to the eye and so much more creative:

gnr.jpg

I do like the style of drawing on that big head (beats a photoshop job) but agree with others here that it's too friggin' big! Man, it would have been so nice to see the whole playfield drawn instead of photoshopped.

bighead.jpg

ac-dc-highway-to-hell-cover.jpg

The song selection is top notch, must be fun to play and rock simultaneously!

(Photos in this post are from the awesome Pinballhead.com)

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I think it is the perfect time for Robin to instate my barfing emoticon...

Haha, I might. I just might... But then I would also need an emoticon to clean all the barfin mess up. It could get ugly in this thread.

Feel bad for Stern and Steve Ritchie in particular. Guess many people had high hopes for this one and I must agree that what we're seeing here (in terms of artwork) looks very, very poor.

Let's hope it plays better than it looks!

#36 8 years ago

AC/DC Pro Model Features:
• 1 Ramp Mounted Magnetic Diverter For Cannon Loading
• High Definition Color Cabinet and Decal Artwork
• Motorized Rotating Ball Cannon, Player Controlled
• 3 “Thunderstruck” Standup Targets w/ Super Bright Flash Lamps
• 4 “ROCK” Standup Targets (on right)
• Lit Start/Fire Cannon Button w/ Laser Cut S/S Trim Plate
• Back Panel Jukebox Song Selector w/ Flashing Red Horns
• Posi-Lock Ball Ejector and Electric Top Gate
• 2 Molded Super Speed Ramps
• T.N.T. Explosion Butyrates In Key Locations
• 2 High Powered Slingshots
• 3 Super Bright LED Jet Bumpers
• 1 “Greased Lightning” Spinning Target
• Traditional Country-Specific Coin Door
• 8 Inch Cabinet Speaker with bold, enhanced sound quality
• QR Codes
• Molded “Hells Bell” Toy, Fixed, W/Standup Target
• Fixed T.N.T. Detonator
• Band Member Butyrate Display
• 5 AC/DC Standup Targets (on left)
• 3 T.N.T. Standup Targets (center)
• Black ABS Lower Arch
• "Latch" Lockdown Bar

The lockdown bar is back?

#214 8 years ago

I don't think you should apologize for not liking the initial looks of AC/DC. I sure don't. Look at that artwork, look at the way that TNT box or the cannon looks (heck, compare with molded cannon on ST:TNG). Look at those long straight plastic ramps. I just can't get over how cheap everything looks. This is insane, it's almost looking like a Zizzle. AC/DC may be a great game in terms of gameplay and rules (after all, it's a Steve/Lyman game) but a looker she is not. And I truly can't believe this game's artwork is credited to John Youssi. I love all his designs (for example Monopoly) but this is just poor photoshopping, and doesn't look like Youssi work at all. Like I said earlier: this may be a limitation of the license and the bands marketing department, but if that is the case then Gary should have chosen another license instead of accepting a cheap looking game smudging the Stern name.

And how can you make a Rock n' Roll game without any chicks on it is beyond me.

This whole new market model with different models of one game is a bad idea, if you ask me. It makes things way to complicated and always makes people feel like they're missing out. Why we can't upgrade our pro models to hold LE features is beyond me. If there's demand there should be a market right? What I keep thinking: bring out just one model -like the good old days- and offer upgrades at a premium. People are willing to pay over $200 for a shaker motor upgrade - I think that's where money can be made: upgrades!

So basically, let Steve or George go wild and make the craziest game imaginable (like TZ back in the day, or WOZ now) and then strip out some of these cool things to make a base model and thus make the machine affordable. Sell those "stripped out parts" as plug and play upgrade kits at a premium and you've got yourself a nice business model. For example, for TF, you could easily offer an upgraded left ramp kit, including Bumblebee toy. Ask $350 for it and sell through your distributors. Same with the mini pf, that would also make a nice upgrade! Customers can then simply enable it in the software and enjoy upgraded software and shots! They got it right with the shaker motor kit, make it available as an add-on and people can buy it whenever they have recovered from the initial investment of the base game.

Ah well, I keep hoping Stern will come to its senses but right now my hope is on JJP. I feel kind of bad really because there are so many great Stern games (SM, LOTR, TSPP, FG, POTC, IM) it's sad to see the direction the company is going digging a marketing hole that they may not get out of.

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Judge the game as the LE, as Steve envisioned and designed "First".

The blood red underworld pf lit when activated, the cross over wireform, the complete anamatronic band figures in the back panel with Angus doing the duck walk in unison to the music, the hell tunnel and the 4 different GI zones and multicolor lights using the Tron LE technology. The list goes on. The pendulum magnet/bell sounds cool.

Now we're talking. Why didn't they announce this first?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Machine - For Sale
Syracuse, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside