Topic Stats

• 384 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinBallMagician
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

507378-bigthumbnail.jpg
acdc-siderails2.jpg
acdc-siderails1.jpg
acdc-siderail31.jpg
lindsay-lohan-iron-maiden.jpg
F0LfG.jpg
IMG_0131.JPG
images.jpeg
IMG00011-20120113-1341.jpg
Cosby_win.gif
Cosby_fail.gif
groupies.jpg
jumpingjack.jpg
ts.jpg
double-dragon-20070508102113637_640w.jpg
double-dragon-20070508102113637_640w.jpg

There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 7 years ago

I think the cannon has the potential of making this a fantastic players game, I just wish they could have made it look more like a real cannon.

I also wish to apologize for my words earlier, too.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I will be the first to formally apologize to Gary and crew for the earlier criticism.

I think you should put up a Selma Pic and i'm sure they will forget all about it.Hehe!!

#203 7 years ago

*sigh*
Maybe if you can get her name right, I can dig one up for you...

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Maybe if you can get her name right, I can dig one up for you

Ohh you mean Salma I can't spell right when it comes to Hot Chicks.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well, I was sorta close on the 200 thread before lunch...
I will be the first to formally apologize to Gary and crew for the earlier criticism.
I was just venting my frustration with Stern's current business model... I mean no harm at the end of the day. At the same time, you have to be prepared to take some slings and arrows when you release a game that looks like well... AC/DC!!!
My point is,
With JJP dropping WOZ soon and TF still sitting in the warehouse, why would you want to send AC/DC out into the world looking like an unfinished, rushed product?!? Have you ever considered having pinball related focus groups that come in and give feedback for the next Stern product? I'm thinking you don't... If you had invited me into one of those sessions, I would have given you an honest review of what was in front of me. I would have also stressed the importance of keeping things simple. Make two machines- one for the home market and one for the ops. Keep the flow and feel of the machines the same but give the hardcore player what they want in a pin. Deeper rules, more durability (better parts, clearcoat) and a premium trim/finish package that makes jaws drop!
Easier said than done???
I don't think so- and I'd bet my paycheck it would sell you more pins!
Again, sorry about the harsh words earlier.
NP

You have an opinion, not sure you need to apologize? Customer is king and what you say makes perfect sense We all love pinball and want great pins from whoever makes them. Stern seem to be making some elementary mistakes so they should listen to their customer base.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyFliprFingrs:

seriously, they should sell a whitewood PF edition. Just sayin. I would buy one. Plain Jane. Better than looking at anus.

Quoted from CrazyFliprFingrs:

Oops, sorry, typo, I meant Angus.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLED again

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Automated Services has put their prices up on their site for those interested in prices:
Pro $4595
Premium $6,495
LE - Back In Black (300 units) $6,999
LE - Ready To Rock (200 units) $6,999
I know it's "automated prices". WOW $6999......really.

Lol its $9250 in AU... Given that the $$ is the same between US and AU you guys have it good.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Detonator looks cool

I was thinking it was cool but I wish they would not have used those wire connectors. I would suggest they leave the insulation off the connectors and used small brass wing nuts instead of those screws

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

vid1900 said:Detonator looks cool
I was thinking it it cool but I wish they would not have used those wire connectors. I would suggest they leave the insulation off the connectors and used small brass wing nuts instead of those screws

I can see the wing nut mod kit for sale already....

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

they must be reading these forums and writing down notes

If that were true I think there would have been a few things different.

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FOCUS on making a great game like these without having to crank out 10 different variations

AMEN!

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Pro $4595
Premium $6,495
LE - Back In Black (300 units) $6,999
LE - Ready To Rock (200 units) $6,999

Why so many versions, just make a good one and make it in a LE or gold, just make it nice. One positive, I do not think they will need to go back on their word and produce more than they are advertising this time. They are making plenty to go around.

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from angel73:

, family friendly

My neighbors would not let their kids play that pin with the horns on angus. That is NOT "family friendly."

#214 7 years ago

I don't think you should apologize for not liking the initial looks of AC/DC. I sure don't. Look at that artwork, look at the way that TNT box or the cannon looks (heck, compare with molded cannon on ST:TNG). Look at those long straight plastic ramps. I just can't get over how cheap everything looks. This is insane, it's almost looking like a Zizzle. AC/DC may be a great game in terms of gameplay and rules (after all, it's a Steve/Lyman game) but a looker she is not. And I truly can't believe this game's artwork is credited to John Youssi. I love all his designs (for example Monopoly) but this is just poor photoshopping, and doesn't look like Youssi work at all. Like I said earlier: this may be a limitation of the license and the bands marketing department, but if that is the case then Gary should have chosen another license instead of accepting a cheap looking game smudging the Stern name.

And how can you make a Rock n' Roll game without any chicks on it is beyond me.

This whole new market model with different models of one game is a bad idea, if you ask me. It makes things way to complicated and always makes people feel like they're missing out. Why we can't upgrade our pro models to hold LE features is beyond me. If there's demand there should be a market right? What I keep thinking: bring out just one model -like the good old days- and offer upgrades at a premium. People are willing to pay over $200 for a shaker motor upgrade - I think that's where money can be made: upgrades!

So basically, let Steve or George go wild and make the craziest game imaginable (like TZ back in the day, or WOZ now) and then strip out some of these cool things to make a base model and thus make the machine affordable. Sell those "stripped out parts" as plug and play upgrade kits at a premium and you've got yourself a nice business model. For example, for TF, you could easily offer an upgraded left ramp kit, including Bumblebee toy. Ask $350 for it and sell through your distributors. Same with the mini pf, that would also make a nice upgrade! Customers can then simply enable it in the software and enjoy upgraded software and shots! They got it right with the shaker motor kit, make it available as an add-on and people can buy it whenever they have recovered from the initial investment of the base game.

Ah well, I keep hoping Stern will come to its senses but right now my hope is on JJP. I feel kind of bad really because there are so many great Stern games (SM, LOTR, TSPP, FG, POTC, IM) it's sad to see the direction the company is going digging a marketing hole that they may not get out of.

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I can see the wing nut mod kit for sale already....

I should have marketed that myself but pinheads would probably go to Lowes and get their own parts.

#216 7 years ago

Looking forward to this.
Hopefully when you get to wizard mode the ghost of Bon Scott will rise out of the backbox wearing spandex pants and doing jump kicks.

#217 7 years ago

My WOZ is $400 cheaper! :-p

#218 7 years ago

Robin, I agree totally. If they didnt have a limit on the amount of LEs available then surely they could have sold 3000+. In fact I was told today that all the LEs have run out. Now wouldnt that piss the market off more if you couldnt get one? Dam right it would. I think they thought due to the lack of sales that LEs would attract more buyers but given that pinball is coming back somewhat just make everything LEs. Screw this cheap shit for home use. The guys that can buy a game for home can surely afford an LE otherwise they would be playing it on location....

WOZ is the last hope for pinball.... If they make great games then pinball will come back on the map... Make a standard game like TZ and mod it up like you would now.... It aint hard...

The issue that I am not sure about is that Stern either:

1: Does not have the funds to produce pinballs like they were in the 90s.

OR

2: They are milking the industry due to them being the only ones left.....

Dare I say I think the latter...

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

WOZ is the last hope for pinball.... If they make great games then pinball will come back on the map... Make a standard game like TZ and mod it up like you would now.... It aint hard...

The issue that I am not sure about is that Stern either:

1: Does not have the funds to produce pinballs like they were in the 90s.

OR

2: They are milking the industry due to them being the only ones left.....

Dare I say I think the latter...

Yes WOZ is the last hope and yes it will deliver BIG TIME, you can already see that!

I've been saying it for a year and I still don't think people realize how big the LCD is going to be for pinball, I don't give a crap about the flow of the game and neither does the non pinball player......why do you think they stop "the flow of the slot machines" in Vegas! Because JJP knows that people sit there longer and are attracted to the clips and animations and will keep funneling money in!!!

What's different about WOZ? Well it looks like a great play field with great toys etc. and game play and yes the pinheads will love that, despite the theme some don't like, but the general public will LOVE the LCD display and that will be the game changer......

And all that said......sorry NP, Crazyflipper, I have ZERO apology for anything I've said about what Stern is doing, it's a stupid strategy on his part and it's going to blow up in his face.....on the surface of these lack of quality control NIB's to behind the scenes of trying to control suppliers and cutting off JJP which will never work....

Quoted from VT8man:

My WOZ is $400 cheaper! :-p

Nuff said......

While I love my LOTR LE, I paid $5300 for it NIB, with shaker, and delivered!......let's see, this was back in May of 2011!!! And now, a few months later, he expects people to pony up 7k for LE NIB's like TF and AC/DC that are inferior....that's a JOKE.....and anybody that pays that much for it is not playing with a full deck......

Stern is trying to take advantage of JJP pricing with assembly line machines that just don't measure up....so it will fail and it's a stupid strategy!

Make another run of SM NIB Stern, I'll buy one, for $5300, with shaker, delivered.....otherwise forget it.......

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes WOZ is the last hope and yes it will deliver BIG TIME, you can already see that!

And to quote myself! This will be the last hope for me and my interest....I got back into pinball this time last year and got excited because of WOZ and the JJP buzz and thus I bought a LOTR LE to pass the time....and thrilled that I did....

So, if the model is to fleece the industry and new guys like myself, I'm done after this and will be happy with my 3 or 4 machines and no more....that's how you destroy future interest, so keep it up......

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm done after this and will be happy with my 3 or 4 machines and no more...

Famous last words..

#222 7 years ago

Any real evaluation can only be made after it's been played. It does seem rather ugly though.

#223 7 years ago

Something about creating a great machine like Transformers and then dumping the load on consumers by giving them AC/DC as a follow-up just doesn't make sense to me. That's like catching up to the up-and-coming leader in a race (JJP) and once you get close deliberately driving your car into a concrete barrier. We all saw Gary taking notes during Jack's presentations. He was clearly trying to do this right with Transformers. I mean look at that game! Great artwork and colors, no photoshopped actor faces, no major design gimmicks that make you want to facepalm, and the amount of toys on the LE is just ridiculous. THAT is how you do pinball right today. Stern was actually starting to look like Williams for a moment there. I don't know, there's so much wrong with this last move that just doesn't turn over in my head.

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And all that said......sorry NP, Crazyflipper, I have ZERO apology for anything I've said about what Stern is doing, it's a stupid strategy on his part and it's going to blow up in his face.....on the surface of these lack of quality control NIB's to behind the scenes of trying to control suppliers and cutting off JJP which will never work....

I couldn't agree more. No apologies here either. Stern is a company making a product with the expectation that people will fork over a lot of money to buy it. When they make a product that by all appearances is a turd I'll call them out on it. Not sure why Stern should be treated with kid gloves.

#225 7 years ago

i'm just blown away at the already comparible differences in materials and construction and time/effort put into JJ WOZ machine and this AC/DC. blown AWAY. its like busch league vs the pros

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

iceman44 said:Yes WOZ is the last hope and yes it will deliver BIG TIME, you can already see that!
And to quote myself! This will be the last hope for me and my interest....I got back into pinball this time last year and got excited because of WOZ and the JJP buzz and thus I bought a LOTR LE to pass the time....and thrilled that I did....
So, if the model is to fleece the industry and new guys like myself, I'm done after this and will be happy with my 3 or 4 machines and no more....that's how you destroy future interest, so keep it up......

Yep same here. I only got back into it due to the amount of guys in AU that share the same interest. If WOZ is no good then I am out... I am heading to the IFPA to play in the world champs as well, but like I am gone if Stern just keep making the same type of game.

I agree with the LCD attracting new players. This was the same in the 90s when DMD came out, pinball exploded. Lets hope LCD does the same thing.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lets hope LCD does the same thing.

Not a chance..

This thread is hilarious , you guys act like Stern took your birthday away ..
Jim

#228 7 years ago

I'm holding judgement until I see the LE's, and hearing gameplay reviews. From just looking at the feature sheet comparisons, the LE's sound a lot better IMO.

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Jim

Hahaha.. +1 to that.

The whole "my dad is better than your dad" thing is kinda funny too.

#230 7 years ago

lol what your saying that Stern satisfying their customers???

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol what your saying that Stern satisfying their customers???

They are in a way aren't they?

Fans wanted a Tron game. Stern gave them one. Fans wanted Transformers. People got Transformers. Fans wanted AC/DC.. fans are getting AC/DC. Fans wanted better designers. Lyman, Ritchie and Gomez are back! Fans wanted better graphics on the cabs, there are better graphics on the cabs.

I mean I don't *want* to sound like a fanboy here, and I've been disappointed with some titles myself (BBH, Avatar, and even Transformers a little bit) but it seems to me that they're listening to their fans and doing the best than can with a limited budget.

This ain't the rockin' 90's, people.. stay positive!

I'm looking forward to JJP machines as well! I think there's room for two players in this game.. competition is good for the end user.

#232 7 years ago

lol well whats with the lack of hope for WOZ???? lol and dont give me this about Stern listening to the their customers... What we asked for RS??? Indiana Jones??? 2 of the worst games ever made. Did they learn from it? No. Has the artwork improved??? No. Will they ever develop a wide body game??? No. lol Why well because they need that special piece of wood which they cant afford but somehow JJ can afford it and is using it in their 1st game.. Judging by the length of this thread and the amount of negative feedback that is from a company as old as Gary Stern himself you gotta ask one question.... WTF?

#233 7 years ago

Yeah, I agree...VERY similar to T2. Swap the Bell for the Skull....
Ugly machine...and no chicks! Ding Dong, this bit$h is dead!

#234 7 years ago

No lack of hope here, I hope for big things from WOZ and wish the team a huge success! ... I just wish it was a different theme. But what can I do.

Stern on the other hand.. while I do see your points, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. The company could be an inch away from death for all we know. Of course it's all speculation.. I'm just happy there's still a company making pinball machines on the planet. If Stern folds and the JJP project is a flop, then what are we left with?

As I said.. stay positive.

Quoted from RGR:

lol well whats with the lack of hope for WOZ????

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Something about creating a great machine like Transformers and then dumping the load on consumers by giving them AC/DC as a follow-up just doesn't make sense to me. That's like catching up to the up-and-coming leader in a race (JJP) and once you get close deliberately driving your car into a concrete barrier. We all saw Gary taking notes during Jack's presentations. He was clearly trying to do this right with Transformers. I mean look at that game! Great artwork and colors, no photoshopped actor faces, no major design gimmicks that make you want to facepalm, and the amount of toys on the LE is just ridiculous. THAT is how you do pinball right today. Stern was actually starting to look like Williams for a moment there. I don't know, there's so much wrong with this last move that just doesn't turn over in my head.

You are *way* overestimating the quality and longevity of TF. Heck, it's *Transformers* man! Where is the transforming toy? Nowhere to be found, not even in the LE. Wait--I found it. It's in the teaser video. But not on a single produced game. Off-the-shelf plastic figures glued onto a pf don't qualify as "cool toys." And you say that Stern was catching up to JJP? No. This will be painfully obvious in a few months when WOZ is out. Don't let your TF fanboydom blind you to what's really in front of you. TF is a mediocre game at best, overpriced, with a lot of mechanical issues and (no surprise) incomplete software. There are some hints of new/cool software features in ACDC. We'll have to wait and see if they ever appear in the game, and if so, just how cool they are.

#236 7 years ago

Yeah well based on the sales of ACDC LE and that they are all sold out is a good thing however the limited numbers is a bad thing. They should have the LE with unlimited numbers. No way would they have sold less LEs if people knew that it would not be a limited production. Love to see the wireforms come back btw...

#237 7 years ago

a "Limited Edition" (or LE) in unlimited numbers would make no sense..

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Where is the transforming toy? Nowhere to be found, not even in the LE. Wait--I found it. It's in the teaser video. But not on a single produced game.

Lol yeah was that misleading adverting???? I was waiting to see that in the playfield as well... Maybe George was playing with it thinking hmmm yeah I could use this, then Gary walks in the door and goes nah cant afford it... Hmmm but when they made the video they knew at the time that the transforming toy would not be in the game, so why include it in the vid??? grrrrr

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

a "Limited Edition" (or LE) in unlimited numbers would make no sense..

Lol lets not get pedantic.... LE style game with all the bells and whistles. Or just one version, that being of LE comparable quality...

#240 7 years ago

Custom speech will be supplied by none other than Steve himself

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lol lets not get pedantic.... LE style game with all the bells and whistles. Or just one version, that being of LE comparable quality...

They ARE making one, it's called the "Premium" edition

The "Pro" model is for bars, probably best to pretend it doesn't exist..lol

#242 7 years ago

Pfftt yeah the premium doesnt have a sub woofer... Being that this game will be the best sounding game ever made does that mean there will only be 500 of these to play??? Hmmm if the premium was exactly the same apart from the cosmetics then ok, but they needed to include the sub here. I guess you will be able to upgrade.

But heck they could have made only LE quality games and they would have been good sellers. I think this is doing them more harm than good. Hmmm moving onto the Pro, lol this will end up being the LE model ROFL since it will sell the least....

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not a chance..

Watch it happen.....

And Stern didn't take my Bday away, I'm just not going to get ripped off! He's an idiot for rolling this out.......just saying...

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Hmmm moving onto the Pro, lol this will end up being the LE model ROFL since it will sell the least....

Heh.. ok you have a point there. And I fear for the ops who buy them, they're going to have a hard time selling them.

But for the sub.. seriously, you'd save yourself a lot of coin and get better sound if you added your own aftermarket sub anyway.

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Judging by the length of this thread and the amount of negative feedback that is from a company as old as Gary Stern himself you gotta ask one question.... WTF?

Amen to that and a +1.........if people are dumb enough, and I don't think they are, to pay 7k for an LE that cost 5k a year ago just because JJP raised the bar and Stern hasn't....

If AC/DC has "sold out", then it's all sold out to the distributors and they will be sitting on it in their warehouses......I don't care "how it plays", I've seen enough to know the quality won't even come close to WOZ, thus, as a consumer, I'll pay less for my WOZ, get a whole more....and wait for the second JJP....OR....maybe Stern should just stick to releasing some successful old titles and make some smaller runs, less overhead that way....

I just don't see how you can be "positive" about a machine that is going to cost 7k that will play like T2 and be of lesser quality!

That said, go Stern go...I'm cheerleading for you! Make a better machine that I'd like to buy, I've got the dollars waiting.....

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Jim

I think what your reading is people hoping that the new machines will be good/great and that Stern will put some quality into the games and not build higher priced games with similiar are less quality and parts. You would hope more money gets you something better.

For pinball adicts (I am one), my stolen present is I want to buy a well made NIB once in a while. Even though I don't own a Stern, I want to buy one and support them. Its a letdown for me every time I see a new Stern game that I would not buy. The letdown causes these comments.

#247 7 years ago

Hmmm I think the LE ACDC will be ok but just ok.... The thing that shits me the most about this game is the lack of thought/ effort that has gone into the ramps.... So similar to RS, TF, and IM. Like straight down the side. No undulations like WH20 or curves like TOTAN, TOM, CFTBL etc etc... To top it off they are plastic as well. Clear uncolored.

I really had my hopes for this game but given that there will be nothing new from Stern for a while hmmm Iam only hoping for WOZ to ship something nice and I think WOZ will be good if not great.

#248 7 years ago

So the general breeze I'm picking up here is...

Stern:

Cosby_fail.gif

Jersey Jack:

Cosby_win.gif

#249 7 years ago

Post edited by Crashdance22 : Accidental double post

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So the general breeze I'm picking up here is...
Stern:

Jersey Jack:

Attachments Cosby_win.gif (964.2 KB, 0 downloads) 18 minutes old Cosby_fail.gif (428.9 KB, 0 downloads) 18 minutes old

Quoted from RGR:

Hmmm I think the LE ACDC will be ok but just ok.... The thing that shits me the most about this game is the lack of thought/ effort that has gone into the ramps.... So similar to RS, TF, and IM. Like straight down the side. No undulations like WH20 or curves like TOTAN, TOM, CFTBL etc etc... To top it off they are plastic as well. Clear uncolored.
I really had my hopes for this game but given that there will be nothing new from Stern for a while hmmm Iam only hoping for WOZ to ship something nice and I think WOZ will be good if not great.

Quoted from RGR:

Ya those creative WoZ people went all out with one entrance ramp and those cross over wireforms like fishtails

And yes I ordered one

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside