Topic Stats

• 384 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinBallMagician
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

507378-bigthumbnail.jpg
acdc-siderails2.jpg
acdc-siderails1.jpg
acdc-siderail31.jpg
lindsay-lohan-iron-maiden.jpg
F0LfG.jpg
IMG_0131.JPG
images.jpeg
IMG00011-20120113-1341.jpg
Cosby_win.gif
Cosby_fail.gif
groupies.jpg
jumpingjack.jpg
ts.jpg
double-dragon-20070508102113637_640w.jpg
double-dragon-20070508102113637_640w.jpg

There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 8 years ago

The music lineup Rocks but, the PF,BG, and Cab honestly are very cheesy looking.

#102 8 years ago

Don't like the art at all. Hopefully the gameplay will make up for it.

#103 8 years ago

Ahh the sound of money staying in my Savings account.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I also watched for a few minutes and saw at least 3-4 other comments come and go very quickly. Censorship is rabid on their Facebook...it's insane. So much for even constructive criticism.

I looked at their page and thought it was just me that there were 33 positives and nothing negative. How does that face get the approval as a go in the final design? I was really looking forward to see Stern step up. It does look like it will play well and I want to hear it.

#105 8 years ago

I just love the fact that a new game is coming out already..seems like TF just hit.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

I just love the fact that a new game is coming out already..seems like TF just hit.

Good point.

#107 8 years ago

Automated Services has put their prices up on their site for those interested in prices:

Pro $4595
Premium $6,495
LE - Back In Black (300 units) $6,999
LE - Ready To Rock (200 units) $6,999

I know it's "automated prices". WOW $6999......really.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

Give me quality over quantity. TF is great; AC/DC is not even close.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Give me quality over quantity.

Amen!

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

mojozone said:I just love the fact that a new game is coming out already..seems like TF just hit.

Give me quality over quantity. TF is great; AC/DC is not even close.

Better Point.

#111 8 years ago

well, I'm a stern supporter but the best I can say is the jury is still out...

#112 8 years ago

i tought it was 3 version, now 4

what is the ready to rock version?

i guess back in black... all black.
the pro... nobody will buy, too ugly.
the premium... what the pro should be!

#113 8 years ago

Simple! Consider the "Pro" model the Costco version and avoid it.

"Premium" is the new "Pro" or "Standard"

And where are you getting $7.5k from? I'm betting this will be in line with the TF pricing.

At any rate, Stern's playing a words-game. Just ignore what they're calling the models these days and take them for what they are. A "Bar" version, a "player" version and a "collector" version.

And yeah, prices are going through the roof.. but so are prices on everything else it seems. I'm just happy Stern's still making pins

Quoted from Meph:

Snowdale said:I agree it's only the pro but. TF looked great from the get go.
pinball_customs said:I think you guys are forgetting .. this is the Pro model. Wait for the Premium / LE game (aka. the REAL pinball game)
I don't get this train of thought....your only going to pony up 5k for the Pro so you get crap, but if you want to shell out another 2.5k we'll give you the real game??

#114 8 years ago

Let's compare this to Tron.

The art on Tron looks like a masterpiece compared to this. I just can't believe how fugly it is.

Facey/DC indeed

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Ahh the sound of money staying in my Savings account.

Same here. Before today I was wondering how I was going to manage to get both WOZ and AC/DC this year. Now, no worries.

#116 8 years ago

cant believe that crap artwork actually passed a vote in the boardroom!

#117 8 years ago

I would have liked if all the band members were drawn like in the promo video. Some of the whores would be good too.

#118 8 years ago

I was tempted to get in on a new AC/DC machine,but after todays ugly pics and all those features,to include High Power Slingshots,I will pass on this poor effort by Stern,once again.

#119 8 years ago

Yet another piece of crap from Stern. I was really looking forward to this game, and after having played a good deal of Spider Man recently was honestly thinking of putting a toe back into the Stern waters. After this debacle, and with JJP ramping up, I am done giving Stern the benefit of the doubt. If all the Stern fanboys would stop buying these pieces of junk, then maybe Stern would step up their game. Oh yeah, $7000 for a LE, are they nuts?

#120 8 years ago

This is why the fragmentation of Pro and LE sucks balls. Its so obvious that face is just a cover for where a lower PF will be, and with that point comes the revelation that they arent ADDING anything to the LE, but rather designing the LE first and then TAKING OUT the coolest bits. What a sham.

#121 8 years ago

Here is todays released WOZ pic-rotated and blown up a bit-Done by Peter from the Netherlands. And some comments from JJJ-both members of "The WOZECLE owners group forum" as I am also,and agree with JJJ's comments,we are getting VERY stoked for this new machine.

That playfield is totally insane. No art, no toys (witch, monkey,
trees, balloon, house, wizard) on there in that rotisserie pic, and
it's still insane.

WOZ_Playfield_Pic_1-9-2012.jpg

#122 8 years ago

Best....Marchprilay....Ever!!!

#123 8 years ago

Maybe it is just me but shouldn't the rainbow targets actually follow the order of the visible light spectrum? They are not in the correct order. Should go red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet and uh, white.

#124 8 years ago

It was covered in the other thread SC...
Roy G. Biv FTW!!!

#125 8 years ago

I guess I just haven't really been paying attention to the playfield design since I won't be buying one. You would think they would fix it then. It would be the first mod I would have to make as it already bugs the crap out of me.

#126 8 years ago

Jack's already commented that they WILL be in correct order.

#127 8 years ago

How on earth did this artwork get approved? Just frigging awful. After all the hype that this was going to be the best Stern ever..........

Don't care how it plays, would never, ever buy a pin for the money they want, that looks so bad.

JJP must be throwing a wild, wild party

#128 8 years ago

I gotta take a wiz

#129 8 years ago

Darn it, just realised my chances of finding SS, TOTAN, TAF etc have gone down as will people now sell them to buy this??

It might play great, but for this kind of money I want something that looks good and looks expensive.........

#130 8 years ago

Although I personally don't mind the huge Angus mug (hey, that's what his ugly mug looks like!), I can understand how some may not like how it dominates the playfield. That being said, I still think there are some interesting things here with even more coming from the the LE. The cannon looks like it could be pretty cool when it comes to gameplay. An improved sound system is also welcome. Plus, with the LE comes a lower playfield (and probably less Angus) and most likely a "non-fixed" TNT detonator and Hells Bell, drop targets vs. stand-ups, plus an upgraded sound system. Don't write this one off yet! Still holding out for the LE...

By the way, what exactly are TNT Explosion Butyrates and Band Member Butyrates?

#131 8 years ago

The evolution of a pinball machine........

acdc.png

#132 8 years ago

Sorry guys to interrupt your stern bashing, but personally I really like the artwork on AC/DC. Stern thinks a lot about attracting new pinball players and bringing pins out on location. Overall color scheme looks light and bright (and yes, of course, family friendly), attracting the eye in dark spots or a pinball lineup, as does the big face - hey at least it has a hand-drawn look.
The pin will have superbe sound and probably a great lightshow (think TNT). That Cannon Fire Button just looks cool, also I love the iconic bell and the jukebox-Sound selection.
Is that a mini LCD in the backbox? probably not. But LCDs are also a new way to attract younger customers. QR-Tags may help those kids that don't even know what to do with a pinball machine to find their way into the game.

Overall I believe this could be a very good earner with fun gameplay and outstanding sound- and lightshow. Let's wait and see.

#133 8 years ago

I wonder if the big face will make up the lower playfield surface, with the horns turned into curving ramps, like CP's green ramps leading to the boxer? Then a couple of flippers at the bottom of the playfield would allow the player to make shots to a central target or make criss-cross shots to targets at the sides.

That might not be so bad.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

evolution of a pinball machine

well pointed out.. wow, it's uncanny

#135 8 years ago

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Just buy a T2 and get a boombox playing Back in Black over and over. Same deal, but you save 6 grand.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Automated Services has put their prices up on their site for those interested in prices:
Pro $4595
Premium $6,495
LE - Back In Black (300 units) $6,999
LE - Ready To Rock (200 units) $6,999
I know it's "automated prices". WOW $6999......really.

And if you think that's bad, look at the UK pricing:

Pro: £4295 (£3995 pre-order) - $6648 ($6185)
Premium: £5695 - $8817
LE: £6095 - $9437

So the Limited Edition is $2438 more in the UK.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

And if you think that's bad, look at the UK pricing:

Pro: £4295 (£3995 pre-order) - $6648 ($6185)
Premium: £5695 - $8817
LE: £6095 - $9437

So the Limited Edition is $2438 more in the UK.

Do they at least provide lube with each order?

#138 8 years ago

I should have added, our massive 20% sales tax and shipping makes up most of that $2438. It'll probably be cheaper to get one from another part of Europe. Again. I can't see many selling here - it's just too expensive.

As with most overpriced things in my overpriced country, lube is not supplied - instead you get a small roll of salt dipped sandpaper.

#139 8 years ago

The evolution of a pinball machine........

I saw that right away as I played T2 this weekend! What a pathetic effort....

It's BOHICA time, grab your ankles boys......

If anybody shells out 7k for ANY Stern NIB, I don't care what designation they put behind it, they are nuts! See TF recent quality control issues and the look blows this orange turd away!

Now think about this for a second.....HEP posted his #36 TF LE Decepticon on here for sale last week at a price of $5,995....and you know he had made some tweaks for the better.....still no takers as it's been listed on Mr. Pinball Classifieds....by comparison, it should have sold immediately...

TF quality control issues and now they rush this one out at 7k for the LE....GL to those that pre order...the distributors will be sitting on piles of these....including TF

#140 8 years ago

Doesn't surprise me that the artwork sucks.Pretty much all the modern Stern games have the same photo shop look.Will have to play it before I completely disregard it, but there hasn't been a single "band" pin that makes the A title list.GnR is probably the best one.Oh well,Scott

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

simonakapw said:The evolution of a pinball machine........
I saw that right away as I played T2 this weekend! What a pathetic effort....
It's BOHICA time, grab your ankles boys......
If anybody shells out 7k for ANY Stern NIB, I don't care what designation they put behind it, they are nuts! See TF recent quality control issues and the look blows this orange turd away!
Now think about this for a second.....HEP posted his #36 TF LE Decepticon on here for sale last week at a price of $5,995....and you know he had made some tweaks for the better.....still no takers as it's been listed on Mr. Pinball Classifieds....by comparison, it should have sold immediately...
TF quality control issues and now they rush this one out at 7k for the LE....GL to those that pre order...the distributors will be sitting on piles of these....including TF

Btw, it was not my diagram......so credit to whoever did it

But, buying a pro is a no go as who wants the one without the mini-playfield? And the prices of the LE etc are sooo high. Turned down a restored MB, with new playfield ( unplayed ) for less money........

#142 8 years ago

It's a shame about the giant face on the playfield. It reminds me of the lazy art on the DE games in the early 90's, only now they have taken to putting it in the middle of a bunch of photoshop images. I love the cabinet, but the face is too much.

#143 8 years ago

Turned down a restored MB, with new playfield ( unplayed ) for less money........

That's the point, you saw the TOTAN pimped out for 6800 and you know what you get there versus these prices! No way, I'll be looking for a CV pimped out and at least I know what I've got and the quality is great AND I'll be able to re sell it.....

#144 8 years ago

I wouldn't pay the asking price for a NIB, but my bet is the game will be fun to play.

#145 8 years ago

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

At this time I can confirm what you have suspected: Yes, our next pinball machine is AC/DC.

Stern Pinball's design team, led by the King of Pinball, Steve Ritchie, with programming creativity provided by the legendary Lyman Sheats, worked tirelessly to create a pinball experience worthy of the AC/DC and Stern Pinball monikers.

You all know that AC/DC is one of the most popular bands in the history of music. Brothers Angus and Malcolm Young formed the band in Australia in 1973. Since then, AC/DC has toured worldwide virtually non-stop and sold more than 200 million albums, including 130 million albums in our export markets. Their iconic album, Back in Black, is the second highest selling album in history. The band's recent worldwide Black Ice tour was the highest grossing tour in 2010. The band is currently planning another worldwide tour with the goal of surpassing the phenomenal success of its recent Black Ice tour. See http://www.acdc.com

The highly anticipated AC/DC pinball game features:

12 COMPLETE iconic AC/DC songs:
Back in Black
You Shook Me All Night Long
Highway to Hell
For Those About to Rock
T.N.T.
Hells Bells
Thunderstruck
Let There Be Rock
Rock N Roll Train
Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be
Whole Lotta Rosie
War Machine

An incredible new sound cross over network and added memory that makes this game the best sounding pinball game in history.

Outstanding game play from Steve Ritchie, the widely acclaimed master of game flow and shots.

A playfield packed with features representing AD/DC icons including:
For Those About To Rock Cannon
Hells Bell target
Rock N Roll Train
T.N.T Detonator
The Highway To Hell
Devil's Juke Box song selector
Hell Mini Playfield on Premium and LE Models
Drop targets galore on Premium and LE Models

A ground-breaking rule set from the creative mind of Lyman Sheats, that enables players to:
Choose FULL songs they like to hear
Choose rules they like to play
Choose areas of the playfield they like to play
Pursue a nearly infinite number of scoring strategies
Stack and overlap three multi-ball modes (Jam, Album and Tour)

An outstanding art package from the incomparable John Youssi.

AC/DC Pinball will be available in four models with different features and price points:

Pro Coin-Op model, with game play for all levels of player and priced for the game operator.
Two Limited Editions, full-featured and with added decoration, desired by pinball collectors and enthusiasts:
Back in Black LE ("Black LE" for short); production limited to 300 machines
Let There Be Rock LE ("Rock LE" for short); production limited to 200 machines
New Premium model, with most of the features of the LE's but less added decoration, designed for customers and players seeking the game play of an LE model at a somewhat lower price. Like the Pro, production of the Premium is unlimited.
Attached is a Features Matrix outlining those features associated with each of the four models along with Photographs of AC/DC Pro. We will provide pictures of the LE and Premium models as available.

The Pro price in U.S. dollars, fob our factory, remains unchanged from our last model, at both the Elite and List wholesale levels. We will contact you about pricing of LE and Premium models.

AC/DC Pinball is timed perfectly for the spring selling season. Production of AC/DC Pro will begin in the middle of January starting with export games and some domestic samples. Premium and LE production will be about a month later, followed with more Pro games for our domestic and export markets.

Please consider your opening AC/DC orders. We will also be making many of our other recent models, so consider these also. We look forward to speaking with you shortly.

Together we will make AC/DC Pinball a great success for you and for Stern Pinball.

Best regards,

Gary
--
Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc.
2020 Janice Avenue
Melrose Park, IL 60160-1011. USA

#146 8 years ago

The pricing is absolutely absurd. It seems that JJP has led Stern to think that they can charge more for a lesser product than what JJP is putting out.
Hey Stern, the only reason JJP can charge $6500-7500 is because they are spending a hell of a lot time on it and putting quality toys that are original. I don't see anything like that in most of the recent Sterns. You need to stick with your $5000 ballpark pricing for the quality and features you are putting out.

#147 8 years ago

I actually like the art minus the the big face. I bet though that an avid AC/DC fan will be more than fine with it. I like the colors. I like the toys. You know it will have amazing flow and sound. I bet more people will be saying it's a great game before too long. Their are many other games that are not so pretty that are still a blast to play. I would not want one as I am not a huge AC/DC fan. Now if they made a U2 pinball I would be FIRST to sign up. Wonder why they don't. Biggest Band EVER! Zoo Station multi-ball. Still selling out multiple nights in one city with the biggest stage EVER made.
I bet some AC/DC fans are ready to buy.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The pricing is absolutely absurd. It seems that JJP has led Stern to think that they can charge more for a lesser product than what JJP is putting out.
Hey Stern, the only reason JJP can charge $6500-7500 is because they are spending a hell of a lot time on it and putting quality toys that are original. I don't see anything like that in most of the recent Sterns. You need to stick with your $5000 ballpark pricing for the quality and features you are putting out.

Stern noticed the LE pricing of WoZ, and wracked this mind for a way to get the same money.

His solution, was to strip a game of features and sell it as a "pro" model, at the price point of the full game. He then ransoms the full game back to the buyers for JJP LE prices, totally ignoring the fact that JJP is actually putting the money they charge back into the product.

Stern's digging a deep hole.

#149 8 years ago

Here's the full feature list based on editions: http://pinballhead.com/acdc-official-features-list/

Mini-playfield and drop targets in the Premium/LE, shaker is LE only along with a lot more.

#150 8 years ago

Reading the feature list for premium and LE models, it does sound more interesting. Sounds like the Angus face will become the lower playfield likely with flippers and some bumpers on it. I don't hate this idea. Thanks for the link Raikus.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside