IMG00011-20120113-1341.jpg
Cosby_win.gif
Cosby_fail.gif
groupies.jpg
jumpingjack.jpg
ts.jpg
double-dragon-20070508102113637_640w.jpg
double-dragon-20070508102113637_640w.jpg
There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 12 years ago

Not interested in the title but I actually like the way the upper pf looks. The rest not so much but like has been said the LE will be different. I bet it will sound fantastic, unlike the GnR pin.

One thing I wish they would have done is eliminated the translite in favor of something that looks like a giant amp stack and packed that with some big speakers. That would have had me tempted.

#52 12 years ago

woof! Don't know how it plays, but a looker it is not...The closeups of the PF look like Stern playboy...photoshopped photos. The BG looks mundane and boring....Would have been better with a big bell or horns. Better even, a mechanical BG where you ring the bell.

12 full songs is great, but I can buy a jukebox for that. Maybe it will change with the LE but the Pro is a turd.

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Layout kinda reminds me of Iron Man a bit. Don't like the face in the center.
Is that a cannon on the right sling?

Very first thing that I thought too. Even the colors are similar.

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Pinballdad said:Just a (mine) subjective opinion of course
Subject away PBD!!!
It is the only way for them (Stern) to learn their lesson and make good on the next one from the input given here!
I bet this thread hits 200 by tomorrow morning!

That is an excellent point Nimblepin. I never thought of it that way but it makes sense now that you brought it out. It is kind of like Pinside.com is the focus market study group for stern here. They (Stern) should be grateful for the free feedback! 99 out of 100 people are genuine in nature with opinions here from what I have read. Just a great hangout(Pinside) and great folks who are out to support the industry/hobby and not benefit directly from it. Jeesh...almost to good to be true for Stern lol. After pondering this more I am thing they must be reading these forums and writing down notes!

#55 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

12 full songs is great, but I can buy a jukebox for that

that's what I'm screamin, dual purpose that usb, stick a $8 2gb (or higher) drive in there, and let you play your own music. I'll like this like the stones.. in that I won't. I'm 33 and this game is too old for me. Who is the target demographic for pinball anyway?

#56 12 years ago

Hey, it is just the Pro Version!
And i think it looks not bad. I would play this thing before i put money into something with red slippers as flipper finger. ;P

I can't wait to see pics of the premium and le versions.

#57 12 years ago

Looks like a real stinker.... I have literally seen a 10 year old do better photo shopping than this. Would it really cost too much to have someone draw the playfield art or at least do an adequate photo shop job??

Quoted from Asael:

I would play this thing before i put money into something with red slippers as flipper finger. ;P

Have to agree with you on that one. No offense just not my cup o tea

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

Who is the target demographic for pinball anyway?

Pretty old I think. Plenty of posts on RGP along the lines of "my 92-year-old mom just set a high score on Black Pyramid!!"

#60 12 years ago

This artwork = boring. I'm going to learn from this machine and do something different when I make my own

#61 12 years ago

wow what a let down.
Wait did you hear that loud screaching....thats all the LE buyers putting no the breaks.
If I were on the fence I would have jumped off buy now.
Sad attempt at art work.

The cab looks just fine to me but that face is a huge turn off.
Hoping for excellent game play and a clear center plexi for the LE with better lower pf art.
It would really suck if they put that big face on the lower pf as art work.

#62 12 years ago

Maybe they should have tightened Ritchie's leash rather than letting him off of it.

#63 12 years ago

Edit: Too mean...

#64 12 years ago

Does anyone know how much these are going to run?

Other than the ramps and face, I kind of like it.

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

I agree it's only the pro but. TF looked great from the get go.

Quoted from pinball_customs:

I think you guys are forgetting .. this is the Pro model. Wait for the Premium / LE game (aka. the REAL pinball game)

I don't get this train of thought....your only going to pony up 5k for the Pro so you get crap, but if you want to shell out another 2.5k we'll give you the real game??

#66 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Maybe they should have tightened Ritchie's leash rather than letting him off of it

I don't think Ritchie had anything to do with the artwork. As he once said to me regarding another of his pin's software, "I just design the playfield. I don't mess with the code."

#67 12 years ago

Stern clearly sees the stiff competition coming from Jack, yet he STILL allows these uninspired designs with hideous photoshopped artwork through the production line. I mean, come on. The looks of a game are the most important before gameplay. I wonder what part of a huge ugly face in the middle, straight boring ramps on either side, and a flat decal'd cannon sounds like a good idea. The shred of respect Stern has gained from me is now lost.

I also wonder why so many people actually think it looks good in the comments responding to that Facebook post.

#68 12 years ago

I actually like the layout - good job Steve - as for the artwork, well that face has to go, I look forward to playing it, just not looking at it.

Im sick of these LE versions Pro models blah blah - just make one pin and make it good - what happened to the days of Spider Man or LOTR or TSPP or even Pirates... why the change.

Hopefully that lower playfield is cool on the LE version or whatever they want to call it.

#69 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I also wonder why so many people actually think it looks good in the comments responding to that Facebook post.

Umm...because they are deleting any negative or semi-negative post. Seriously. I've heard of them doing it before, now I know. I commented that the game looks great other than the giant face being the worst looking thing ever put in a Stern game. Comment deleted 2 minutes later. I also watched for a few minutes and saw at least 3-4 other comments come and go very quickly. Censorship is rabid on their Facebook...it's insane. So much for even constructive criticism. It's really a joke.

#70 12 years ago

Oh man, were they trying to give Raven and Hard Body a run for there money with the ugliest pin. I realize I'm exaggerating, but come on Stern, look at the reaction it is getting. No pin should look so bad that even AC/DC fans want to hurl when looking at it. I wouldn't want that atrocity in my home. Nuff said.

#71 12 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

Im sick of these LE versions Pro models blah blah - just make one pin and make it good - what happened to the days of Spider Man or LOTR or TSPP or even Pirates... why the change.

I agree. I have no problem with putting out a LE version if that means it has a shaker motor/chrome package/etc. Some upgraded cosmetics are fine but having different games is just a money grab. Anyone that CAN afford the LE will end up buying it rather than "settling" for a lesser game.

#72 12 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I don't get this train of thought....your only going to pony up 5k for the Pro so you get crap, but if you want to shell out another 2.5k we'll give you the real game??

This is largely why I hate Stern machines.

There's no valid reasons to try and ransom the real game to people for extra money. The only way you can get the real game from Stern is to pay for the LE version. Years ago, you could see where the money went into pinball. Now, all I see, is a greedy man making bad machines.

#73 12 years ago

The late Sid Vicious is not amused...

picture3.pngpicture3.png

#74 12 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

There's no valid reasons to try and ransom the real game to people for extra money. The only way you can get the real game from Stern is to pay for the LE version.

Clearly the best machines made by Stern, SM, LOTR, TSPP each have the same layout and play field for the most part....SM black is the same, so is LOTR LE....

Maybe that ought to tell you something....FOCUS on making a great game like these without having to crank out 10 different variations and they all end up being crap.....

They rushed out TFM and quality suffered and now they are trying to run out this junk in various versions meant to do nothing but hijack dollars....bad move buddy!

#75 12 years ago

Can't really say I like it, but can't really say I hate it until I play it. I would definitely give it a chance but wouldn't buy NIB at this point. I'm glad I got Transformers LE even given the problems it has had.

#76 12 years ago

Fuggly pin. At least I won’t have to spend time contemplating a purchase here. OK..now onto what’s next.

#77 12 years ago

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I don't think it looks that bad at all. This is only the Pro model and I don't agree that TF and Tron looked great at this stage. They looked empty and boring... this looks interesting at least. Also like the cartoon Malcolm and wold have liked to have seen that style used more.

Agree the cannon is really cheap and tacky looking.

-Craig

#78 12 years ago

Hah - that face is not pretty.

"We'll make the Economy version so ugly everyone will buy the Standard or LE!! WIN!"

#79 12 years ago

for some reason not hugely impressed, looking too much like rolling stones. At least the artwork is.. artwork, not scanned photos. I do dig the jukebox display for the songs, and the cannon is a nice touch (reminiscent of T2 there steve richie). I don't know, I'll play any pin, but not as excited now

#80 12 years ago

Glad this isn't a Metallica pin or Tool pin, Id be figuring out a way to redesign the artwork...I really hope the LE version comes thru... I wish Stern would just calm down and spend a bit more time and get more feed back and ideas from the community - busting out a new game every few months might pay the bills but really is going to be the nail in the pinball coffin.

#81 12 years ago

there is so many things that are wrong with this pin.

colors... oops i mean one color... orange.
backglass, backbox's sides could be much better.
the artwork on the playfield.
the toys look bad, i mean the box of metal with the stickers on it... cannon, the bell...
The jukebox display a la 1950's (good idea, not the right design)
super fast plastic ramps... what? where's the wired ramps?
the theme should have been much darker... it's a rock band!
button in the middle of the lockdown bar ''a la hyperball''
plastic everywhere... big plastic with decals on it in each upper corner... too much
Why not make something new and cool with the apron...
why not put lighting on the speaker grills? man this thing screams MOD ME
coin door paint doesn't match rest of the pin (too glossy)
plastic lighting when going trough the ramps... those thing will snap in two... hello air ball!
can see the coils and wires under the plastic (right side under the bicycle) why not make an extra part so we can't see that.
so this is what the king of pinball come up with.. really? was going to be his best?
sorry steve ritchie's fan... FAILED
i don't care how good the game rule is... it won't change the look, not even the lower playfield
i don't wanna be rude or anything this is what i see, my opinion.

i bet you jjp is laughing right now!

#82 12 years ago

I've seen comments downplaying the face because that is where the lower playfield will be on the LE. Well, what if the artwork on the LE's lower playfield IS the face? May not be, but just sayin'.

#83 12 years ago

That face is hideous! If you think it looks bad now, just imagine how much you'll hate it after staring at it for 100 or 200 games. It gives me the creeps already, and I'd never get to sleep after a whole evening of playing it. TRS, AC/DC, how eager are you for another rock themed pin from Stern? I've been a Stern defender, but this doesn't make it easy. I have to remind myself that TF is a great pin.

#84 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I've seen comments downplaying the face because that is where the lower playfield will be on the LE. Well, what if the artwork on the LE's lower playfield IS the face? May not be, but just sayin'.

I think you're on to something there. To be honest, if that face art was lurking in a recessed playfield it would give it some depth since the hat/horns could still be on the pf level of the art, and it wouldn't look nearly as ugly. It might even look quite good. Give it a slightly smoked glass and only light it when active.

#85 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Or what if it's a rotating face, with 4 sides and various expressions and orifices to shoot the ball into!!!

#86 12 years ago

I'm going to sell brown bag mylar kits if anyone is interested?

#87 12 years ago

I was just reading some of the comments on the Facebook page. Boy, what a bunch of fanboys. The way they are wetting themselves over such a benign looking pin, you'd almost believe they were paid to post such rubbish.

However, I can see where the lower playfield will definelty add something to this. When was the last time a pin was made with a lower playfield? Congo? Or am I missing one?

#88 12 years ago

Jeez, guys, give 'em a break.
I haven't seen a tough crowd like this since Nuremburg.

#89 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I don't think Ritchie had anything to do with the artwork.

It doesn't matter...
If I was designing a pin and my name was going on it (or slightly under the apron... ), I would sure as hell oversee every aspect of said machine!!! "From inception, to conception, to completion!" would be my "Pin-Designing" motto...
Hell, I would even load the first one onto the truck!
Passing Blame = Serious "Weaksauce"...

Borg... You are up next!
Don't let U$ down!!!

#90 12 years ago

It is ugly, but it s also just the Pro model. I bet the LE models are significantly better. And significantly more expensive.

#91 12 years ago

Wow, could they have made it less family friendly in the art? A giant head with devil horns taking up 30% of the playfield. So much for those with families who grew up on their music struggling for a way to spring for one.

#92 12 years ago

Stern is censoring posts. I just posted that "the face gives me the creeps" and they pulled it within one minute. That's why you're seeing so many positives - it is not a true forum, it is just an advertising piece! Stick to Pinside for a free exchange of ideas

#93 12 years ago

I want one! (whitewood PF)

#94 12 years ago

i showed my wife the pics and asked her to give her honest opinion. her first words were eww! that looks bad. who wants to look up angus's nose. and hey,isnt that just like t2?
either 1,steve ritchie has jumped the shark or 2, he is being forced by stern to put out this pin. i hope its #2. dear Mr. Ritchie,RUN! go see jjp and make pins for him. sorry folks,im not a stern hater. i love im,avatar,tron and transformers look good. the ac/dc pin looks bad,not rs bad but not good. hope the le saves it.

#95 12 years ago

I cannot agree that it is OK to put out an ugly pin just because it is "only" the pro model.

#96 12 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Stern is censoring posts

better believe it.. I made a comment after he posted about "only pinball manufacturer in the world", about how he ISN'T the only pinball manufacturer (see spain), comment got deleted. I also like the twitter asks every friday "where you playing pinball this weekend?", I feel like replying "Not sure, where can I still play pinball?

#97 12 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I cannot agree that it is OK to put out an ugly pin just because it is "only" the pro model.

+1...

I wasn't even interested in buying this pin and I am somehow extremely annoyed!!!
If I had a LE on order somewhere, I'd sure as hell ask for my money back!
Well, I guess the bright side of this whole mess is the fact that, at least it will be a quick albeit "painful" death...
Hopefully Stern will return stronger- and learn this simple lesson... To NOT take us for granted and to actually bring a quality- "highly polished", completed product out (on all models!) that we can honestly stand behind too... With our $$$!!! (<---- MOST important...)

#98 12 years ago

seriously, they should sell a whitewood PF edition. Just sayin. I would buy one. Plain Jane. Better than looking at anus.

#99 12 years ago

Oops, sorry, typo, I meant Angus.

#100 12 years ago

Actually, I lied, wasn't a typo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pics-are-starting-to-come-out/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.