(Topic ID: 21313)

ACDC owners who bought the pinbits plastics protectors....

By Kcpinballfan

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Just a heads up for anyone that has bought these protectors, when you install the plastic protector on the plastic in the lower playfield the screws that hold the plastic down are raised higher and will now scratch into the underneath of the lower playfield. This was very disappointing to me and just a warning to anyone thinking of installing them.

#2 11 years ago

Thank you for the heads up. Sorry you had to be the pilot.

#3 11 years ago

Its all good. I can probably repair it but it will take a bit of work.

#4 11 years ago

Yep a friend of mine has the same problem i just heard. Underside of the mini playfield has some scratches now. Very dissapointing indeed! Should have been better tested.

#5 11 years ago

Im sure I can polish it out but I need to find out if they just used acrylic on the lower playfield.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Im sure I can polish it out but I need to find out if they just used acrylic on the lower playfield.

Mail Stern about it, they should be able to answer such questions.

#7 11 years ago

Yeah ill find out.

#8 11 years ago

Thanks for the heads up...I hope it polishes up easy.

#9 11 years ago

Oh no problem. I would hate to see others have this happen to theirs.

#10 11 years ago

Why would you need them for the lower PF? looks hard to chip a plastic there?

#11 11 years ago

I've got a set but haven't installed them yet . So if I read this correctly are you saying that the protector in the lower playfield causes the screw heads to rub against and scratch the underside of the clear window of the main playfield ??

Thanks for the heads up .

#12 11 years ago

How noticable are the scratched through the hazy window?

#13 11 years ago

I have them installed. Could not see if they have contact to the window. But I have no problems so far, don`t know if I should take them out.

#14 11 years ago

Anyone who has installed these protectors: Uninstall the protector from the lower playfield as soon as possible! If it is making contact it might pop the window/insert upward!! Go do it now, seriously.

John

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Anyone who has installed these protectors: Uninstall the protector from the lower playfield as soon as possible! If it is making contact it might pop the window/insert upward!! Go do it now, seriously.
    John

Bump! This seriously needs to be made a sticky.

John

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

How noticable are the scratched through the hazy window?

Its not noticeable at all unless you pull off the playfield.

#17 11 years ago

I took the pinbit protector out, and yes there were small scratches already there. Thank you for your warning.

#18 11 years ago

Geez who made these they may be up for some repairs?

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Its not noticeable at all unless you pull off the playfield.

Yes. It is more of an imprint of the screw head than scratches. Since it is perfectly aligned with the screws, it is unnoticeable. No big deal.

The important thing is that you remove the protector so it is not up against the window.

John

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-owners-who-bought-the-pinbits-plastics-protectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.