View topic image gallery

18654-desktop-wallpapers-panties.jpg
tumblr_lorp22WZcv1qmjfl3o2_500.gif
spit-take.gif
NFBRRiI.gif
glinda.gif
machine summary snip.JPG
post-40977-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Obscen-bdkx.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yotaxi125.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Ok, not trying to be a dick (seriously). And I'm a bigger acdc fan than most people who own this machine, but honestly I'm not seeing how this game is as awesome as everyone says.

Thoughts?

(Again, this isn't a hate thread!)

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Nobody understands the ruleset.
It's crazy.
Seriously though, rumoured to be Sterns best selling game.
So no, not over-rated.
Still, might not be a pin you enjoy, which is cool.

So I've been busy as hell lately but wow I came back and this thread is off the chain! I'm going to read through all the replies, because

1) I DO appreciate a game with a (FUN) deep ruleset, and my issue could be just that I don't understand it; and
2) I'm not a troll, I honestly wanted to get people's input on this game

I'll be back for another response once I can digest the replies...!

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hmm Op starts odd thread on one of the most beloved Stern titles ever produced then never chimes back in......weird.
Where did you play this game OP? On route? A pro or LE/prem version? Volume turned down?
AC/DC and TRON are by far my fav 2 games but did you ever play a stock TRON pro with no add ons (subwoofer/Eli mod) Its not that awesome but in a private collection with subwoofers and the volume jacked up completely changes the experience.

Well, like I mentioned in a previous post, work got stupid busy so not a lot of time to play around on the internet (unfortunately!), but I played in an establishment where the pins are WELL taken care of. Volume was not ridiculous, but high enough... I believe it was the pro version (honestly not sure)? But what I am sure about is that I did not find the game itself that great. Music and subwoofers alone don't really mean anything to me if I'm not connecting with the game play. And yes, lots of fools are just going to comment on what a shitty player I must be in that case (u mad? lol). However, I am definitely turned on by a deep (and FUN, hast to be FUN, and not solely about the grind etc) rule set, and after I eventually get through all the comments and pointers here I'll be looking forward to giving this game another chance.

So, in short...no, I'm not a troll (sorry!), and centerflank, instead of posting you a super funny "fuck you" middle finger GIF, I'll just bask in the pride of you earning your 12 million plus pinside points. (no seriously, fuck you right back if you're just going to be a dick like that...)

Cheers!

P.S. awesome I say FU back to someone who said FU to me with NO provocation and I'm the one getting neg banged. <3 pinside fans. I'm a person just like you who would most likely also say "fuck you too" to someone who said "fuck you" for, quite frankly, a pretty stupid reason.

Post edited by yotaxi125

Post edited by moderator: Short thread eject: Avoid personal attacks, and don't use profanity directed at another member.

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dont get your panties in a wad, U mad Bro?

No. You're just a dick is all. Calling you out doesn't make me mad. It makes me right. Enjoy those points.

(Improvement the pic though...)

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Was it the pro at Pizza Depot in Sunnyvale? If yes, that's my game and it is hard. I installed it using default settings (6.5 degrees) and ball times were short. So I closed the left outlane a notch. Didn't make much difference. Now the left outlane is all the way closed and the right outlane is in the middle. It's still hard. No swinging bell or drop targets to slow the ball down.
You shouldn't judge AC/DC after playing only one version. They play very differently. Head north and try one of the premiums on location up there. The premiums and LE's are much more forgiving (easy d. Secondly, if you want to play that pro at the pizza parlor more, send me a pm before you go and I'll try to meet you there. Credits on me. Even if that wasn't the one you played, the offer stands.

It is indeed that machine. I'd love to take you up on that offer sometime! I did not realize that the premium/LE is a more forgiving game. But honestly, I could forgive the difficulty. The BSD at that same location is PUNISHING but I absolutely love it. Makes the good games that much more rewarding!

And by the way, you keep your games in impeccable condition and I really appreciate that!

On a side note, I guess it may not have been clear that I was just putting a feeler out there to see if anybody felt the same way or if there were any tips for someone not experienced on the game. Some of the other people here will respond however they feel like regardless of this, I guess.

Cheers.

2 weeks later
#206 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Appreciate the compliment and the quarters. Not all the pins there are mine, but most of them are. I saw your location and my AC/DC is the only one in the south bay other than the beater at the boardwalk. Figured you went to PD. I get a lot of compliments on that BSD. The wicked fast flippers with upgraded coils really make the game. The steeper I make it, the funner it is. If you didn't get any time on Ripley's, go back some time and give that a try. It's rough around the edges, but it's a blast to play.

I have played at least 30 games on that Ripley's and I actually am warming up to that game. I'm not really into the theme, but it does have some solid, fun gameplay. One of the gaping holes in my collection is a Pat Lawlor pin. (One day).

And the BSD, man, I was legit angry the first few plays, but something about it had me coming back. That game is so damn rewarding when you actually get a decent game going.

Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yotaxi125.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-overrated?tu=yotaxi125 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.