Linked Games

Topic poll

“Pick”

• Star trek premium 54 votes
    43%
  • Ac/dc premium 72 votes
    57%

(126 votes)

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Well i get my woz next week. Sold a SS a week ago.

Since i only can fit 2 games in my house i have to pick carefully.

I love ac/dc pre and my brother in law got one, so well i can play it st his house. But i still really like to own one,
St looks like a great game and the led is great.

So what to pick....?

#2 10 years ago

I have the STLE and just traded for the AC/DC but will not actually possess it until tomorrow. I have more games on the STLE and I think it is an absolutely fantastic pin. I'm not sure you can go wrong on this one. That said, at this point in my experience if I could only have one I'd probably keep the ST but that may change after I own AC/DC for a while. 'Tis nice you have such a 'hard' choice to make. If all of life's decision could be this tough!

#3 10 years ago

I think you answered your own question in your post .

If your b-in-law has an ACDC and you can play it when you want then get the ST .

If you ever want a change then you could do a swap with your b-in-law = win / win situation .

The more varied titles you can get in your area the better .

#4 10 years ago

I think you'll get the full range of opinions here, since ACDC and STLE are really neck to neck when it comes to fun, action and excitement. Some will favor ACDC and others will favor ST.

I really couldn't tell since I played both machines, but only for a couple of games

#5 10 years ago

I like AC/DC more...both great games though

#6 10 years ago

I have neither but will be owning both on Monday!

Will report back later. But for one it would be ST since I prefer the looks and theme a lot more. I only picked up the AcDc premium since I got a great deal locally, I am paying significantly more for the STLE

But good idea to get ST and maybe trade back and forth with your brother in law win-win

#7 10 years ago

Just for fun you can add a poll to your first post

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just for fun you can add a poll to your first post

There is a poll

#9 10 years ago

Get an AC/DC Luci so you have different artwork than your BIL. Unless you don't like the Luci artwork or find it offensive etc.

#10 10 years ago

Acdc
I haven't played st premium only the pro version of st

#11 10 years ago

There is this exact same poll active by different poster I believe AcDc has the lead in both polls, but less people have played ST Premium yet

#12 10 years ago

Played some more AC/DC to day... wow this game is getting better and better...
Sure i can play it at his house when i like, but it still a game i cant stop playing

Maybe better to get a ST Pro and play until i'm done, then sell and get a AC/DC

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Played some more AC/DC to day... wow this game is getting better and better...
Sure i can play it at his house when i like, but it still a game i cant stop playing
Maybe better to get a ST Pro and play until i'm done, then sell and get a AC/DC

i'd do that.

#14 10 years ago

If I didn't own either machine, I'd say go with ST. Better layout, more overall appeal. But since I own both and if I had to decide today; ST would hit the road. Acdc has so much going for it. That said, I anticipate this being a very very tough decision once ST is complete.

#15 10 years ago

I have a BIBLE and a STLE and I'd say acdc is better, maybe cause the rules are more polished but I like the drops the canon and the gameplay I love the risk/reward.

#17 10 years ago

This is a personal preference for sure. My AC/DC LE is the funnest pin of all time. As far as star trek,I can't stand the theme & will never own one even if it's a good game. To each his own on this one!

#18 10 years ago

Get acdc Luci,it's gorgeous ,acdc for gameplay and Luci
For the best look on a cab for a long time. My 2 cents

#19 10 years ago

Have both and didn't vote because I couldn't decide...both great games.

#20 10 years ago

Wow. I just got AC/DC yesterday. What a game! Yeah, that would be a hard decision. I have both and am very thankful for that fact.

#21 10 years ago

Can't go wrong either way, flip a coin and let lady luck decide for you (best of three/five if the bit*h fu*ks it up)

#22 10 years ago

Played some more AC/DC to day, wow its great However it feels crazy to get it when my brother in law got one and i can only fit 2 games in my home. Still not sure on if i should pull the trigger on a ST Pro or now. (i can wait a month or two and get the premium, however i dont think it will hold value here in Europe, so it might be save to get the Pro)

Rai: You got both, what do you think?

I'm also afraid that st is the "flavor of the month" often new pinballs get high points and in 6 months its another X-men

#23 10 years ago

Speaking as someone who has both, ST would be out the door way before ACDC. I understand your dilemma with your brother having one but there really is no rush to buy a ST right now as it will be in production for a while and you can see how the code develops. ACDC is still going to get another update and it's already IMO the best Stern ever.

#24 10 years ago

smassa: Thanks. I'm a bit afraid that ST is a "hype" that we se often see. Since there isnt any ST in my country i really cant try one and figure it out my self. Do you feel that ST is getting a bit to much love and its the favor of the month? Or are they both great games?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Played some more AC/DC to day, wow its great However it feels crazy to get it when my brother in law got one and i can only fit 2 games in my home. Still not sure on if i should pull the trigger on a ST Pro or now. (i can wait a month or two and get the premium, however i dont think it will hold value here in Europe, so it might be save to get the Pro)
Rai: You got both, what do you think?
I'm also afraid that st is the "flavor of the month" often new pinballs get high points and in 6 months its another X-men

I own STLE and I used to own ac/dc premium I prefer ST. I like mode based games over points based.. Don't get me wrong plenty of strategies in ac/dc, but ST is just more enjoyable for me to play even with early code. Lastly on AC/DC I know it sounds crazy but the music wore me down and I am a big ac/dc fan, but for me it became like listening to the same cd in my car for months on end.
Last note on ac/dc pin browser wasn't available when I had my game if I could of changed some of the songs it would of given the game alot more last ability for me.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

smassa: Thanks. I'm a bit afraid that ST is a "hype" that we se often see. Since there isnt any ST in my country i really cant try one and figure it out my self. Do you feel that ST is getting a bit to much love and its the favor of the month? Or are they both great games?

ST is fun, it's visually one of if not the best looking pins out there. It shoots really nice but I have my concerns with the long term code. If Lyman was lead on the game I'd be less concerned but the current code reminds me a bit too much of games I didn't care for. Maybe future updates will make me reconsider but when comparing it against a proven winner there isn't much of a decision.

#27 10 years ago

If you don't mind the lack of a cannon and a lot of toys, but a ton of gameplay, ST is your game. I have no regrets whatsoever with it. I can't put it down.

#28 10 years ago

The more i think about it the more crazy a AC/DC buy is. I can play it anytime i like, it feel new every time + i dont have to pay for it...

I think i got for the ST, next choice is pro or premium.... life is hard

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

The more i think about it the more crazy a AC/DC buy is. I can play it anytime i like, it feel new every time + i dont have to pay for it...
I think i got for the ST, next choice is pro or premium.... life is hard

If you can afford it get the Premium, no question. If the money thing is an issue the Pro is really not short changed. But the full RGB LEDs alone are just great.

#30 10 years ago

Oh isnt Pro full LED? I did think it was. LED is more important for me then toys.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Oh isnt Pro full LED? I did think it was. LED is more important for me then toys.

Yes to LEDs, but every single insert on the Premium are RGB (color changing) LEDs. So the whole playfield can do color effects. On the Pro only the ramp inserts are RGB.

The laser effect is cool, the extra ship stuff is fine, the metal rails are nice and the VUK is good too, but the thing that really makes the difference to me is the full color changing light show. Again though, it's bling, the Pro plays just fine.

#32 10 years ago

AC/DC was Fun for a bit , I sold my NIB Premium after 135 plays in 2012 , but Star Trek takes the Cake for me ... I'm considering the Premium ..

Here's a Good lOOk at The Banker's ST LE , a Down Rite Beauty !!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

AC/DC was Fun for a bit ,, but Star Trek takes the Cake for me ... I'm considering the Premium ..
Here's a Good lOOk at The Banker's ST LE , a Down Rite Beauty !!
» YouTube video

A tripod is a wonderful and cheap investment.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

A tripod is a wonderful and cheap investment.

lOOk thru my Video's over the Yr's ,, a Tripod has been used many Times ,, but Not for a 2 minute walk around bro .

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

lOOk thru my Video's over the Yr's ,, a Tripod has been used many Times ,, but Not for a 2 minute walk around bro .
» YouTube video

I know just messin with ya. Videos with fast movement make it difficult to pick out much.

#36 10 years ago

I had totally missed that Premium/LE got the color changing LED. I was under the impression that Pro did also have that. Big changer for me, i will save for the Premium!

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Hard to say if ST will be considered 'one or the top Stern' pins by which I mean ACDC, Tron, LOTR, SM? I do think it will be one of that group but totally not sure yet as the code might disappoint.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

I had totally missed that Premium/LE got the color changing LED. I was under the impression that Pro did also have that. Big changer for me, i will save for the Premium!

To me, the color changing LEDs is HUGE, I mean this is the best light show of all time (maybe WoZ is tie but, ST does not need any additional GI lights).

In fact, I am starting to question if I want to still get MMR, not that I don't think it will be great, but just that after seeing color changing LEDs its hard to justify $8k for regular insert color LEDs ever again.

If all things were equal, I would pay $1000 more just for the color changing LEDs, but you have to figure metal ramps, kickback, up kicker, laser light (meh), PF support and lockdown bar and full side armor power coated and more Vengeance movement and Enterprise toy.

To me the premium or LE is worth the money, but the pro is very nice. I don't think there will be any people saying the pro plays better (just a matter of the cost).

#39 10 years ago

Yeah i pay the extra for color changing leds.

Now next question is if LE is worth 1300 more then Pre (EU)

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Well i get my woz next week. Sold a SS a week ago.
Since i only can fit 2 games in my house i have to pick carefully.
I love ac/dc pre and my brother in law got one, so well i can play it st his house. But i still really like to own one,
St looks like a great game and the led is great.
So what to pick....?

Easy. Sell woz. Pick up a very nice huo one later. Gives you time to play ST. Sounds like you love ACDC.

#41 10 years ago

If comparing Premium to Premium I would say you get more game with ACDC Premium then Star Trek Premium. ACDC just feels more interactive and mechanical with its 8 drop targets, moving canon, bell with magnet, TNT detonator, two ramp divertors and the hell mini playfield. Star Trek wins on pure flow (ACDC is still a high flow game) but not everyone wants that when paying $6k-$7k for a game as many want a game filled with features and toys that interact with the ball.

Notice I didn't mention the mini mechanical band as I think that is the most useless feature in ACDC, lol.

#42 10 years ago

Just to let you all know i will go for the Star Trek! I did play AC/DC again to day. And sure its great but i visit my brother in law 1 time every week and i can play as long as i like! Youtube and full led on premium/LE ST did make me change my mind, it looks crazy great! Love the flow (Since i got WOZ i think they will do great together)

My reseller opens again on monday and i will check price and delivery time on Premium. I know that they have 1 LE that they had for a while now, so i might be able to do a nice deal! Else i go for Premium and will not look back

#43 10 years ago

WOZ and Star Trek sound like one heck of a great combo to have.

#44 10 years ago

If you love flow get both! WOZ didn't have a lot of flow for me..

#45 10 years ago

New Gambit, huh?

Funny, I am also trying to decide between ACDC Luci and STLE right now. Leaning Luci. I miss my Premium that I sold awhile back.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

New Gambit, huh?
Funny, I am also trying to decide between ACDC Luci and STLE right now. Leaning Luci. I miss my Premium that I sold awhile back.

Lol ya I was confused at first when the new gambit arrived. Welcome back!

STLE > acdc shot/layout wise (but not by much)
Acdc > STLE code wise.

Code trumps layout IMO - at least between these 2 pins. theme also plays a role. But, If you must own one today, go acdc. Otherwise, wait for STLEs next update (or 2) and decide. If you miss an LE, so be it - go premium.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

New Gambit, huh?

Funny, I have been considering selling my ACDC Premium to get an STLE. Then I went downstairs and had the game of my life on ACDC. Now I'm torn

#48 10 years ago

Welcome back To the original Gambit - Gambit3113
Good to see you!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Funny, I have been considering selling my ACDC Premium to get an STLE. Then I went downstairs and had the game of my life on ACDC. Now I'm torn

Sell me your family guy to help fund your ST

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Easy J... Keep ac/dc and get ST

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-or-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.