Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pimp77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Making plans for my third machine and it will be either the ac/dc bible or premium or the MMr.

I already have one music themed machine in the Rolling Stones le which I actually do really enjoy and potc. I'm thinking MMr maybe for variety of game play and theme but I like ac/dc.

Tough choice, any suggestions?

#2 3 years ago

Play both, get the one you like best.

LTG : )™

#3 3 years ago

Save money and get ac/dc premium. Unless you really must have a BIBLE backglass, I don't think it is worth the extra money since it has the same gameplay as the premium. Fun game.

#4 3 years ago

I'd say MMR, since you already have two Sterns. Mix it up with a remake of a classic & non-Stern.

AC/DC premium is an awesome choice as well and ~very~ different from your RSLE and POTC, though....

~Steveo

#5 3 years ago

AC/DC, unless you plan on getting one next year. The wait for MMr is ridiculous.

#7 3 years ago

Bible over Mmr but Mmr over acdc premium. This is only Art based. Gameplay goes to Mmr all day all night.

#8 3 years ago

I am a big fan of AcDc premium.

#9 3 years ago

They are way different pins. Play them both and then you have to decide. We can't make that decision for you.

#10 3 years ago

Play them both and pick which you like, although I must say that I would never own a Medieval Madness at home. Too expensive for a game that gets old pretty quickly. Cool gimmick but not enough there to make me want to come back to it. AC/DC, on the other hand, has tons of content and to me is the most deep and interesting pin ever made.

#11 3 years ago

Owned and sold ACDC twice. Liked it, but didnt love it. Great music. Shots werent that satisfying to me. I'd take MM over ACDC any day. definitely play both and decide for yourself.

#12 3 years ago

Acdc!!!

#13 3 years ago

Never buy a game you haven't played before, I made that mistake. Having played both, my personal preference is with the ACDC. Better sound (if you like ACDC) and better flow. To me whacking the castle over and over again gets old quickly.

#14 3 years ago

You should play both games before you decide. Sometimes people feel that MM is a one shot game. That is totally not true. It was designed to look that way to get quarters from first time players in an arcade environment.

I have played AC-DC at a couple of pinball shows and thought it was okay. But to get to know a game, you have to play it more than a couple of times.

I have an MMRLE that I am getting familiar with and starting to like more and more. It is well made and a good challenge for a crappy player like me.

To get an idea of the depth of play on a MM you should watch the PAPA tutorial by BK. Here is a link. There is probably one for ACDC as well:

Dennis

1 week later
#15 3 years ago

I'm pretty convinced one of these two will be my next but I still can't friggin decide. Driving me nuts!

#16 3 years ago

I can tell you one thing: ac/dc is one tough game!

#17 3 years ago

For me AC/DC all the way. Had a MM and it lasted 2 weeks at my house.

#18 3 years ago

I think you have made your decision, get both

#19 3 years ago

I've found that the games that are initially easier to play appear to be more fun, but expire much faster at home.

MM is fun to play and entertaining, but the challenge isn't as great.

AC/DC is initially so dang tough and frustrating, it's sometimes not as fun. But in time if you keep at it, you will see how much more challenging and rewarding it is. It just takes a lot longer to uncover it. But it will keep you coming back, especially as you get better.

#20 3 years ago

Once you get acdc rocking, its hard to walk away. I love mmr, but I can see it could get boring quickly. Both are great options, and I would save the money and get the premium too.

#21 3 years ago

I was up against that exact choice almost 2 years ago. I went ACDC and have zero regrets. Plus I'd might still be waiting for my MMR.

#22 3 years ago

Acdc prem for sure.

#23 3 years ago

Thanks for all the input

#24 3 years ago

I prefer playing MMr.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I prefer playing MMr.

Care to enlighten me why?

For the ac/dc I like the music probably more than the game/art

Mmr I like the game but can see how it is easier but the mm/mmr seems like everyone's holy grail of the collection.

I'm thinking long term I would like ac/dc more for the challenge however the rest of my family not so much!

I will probably eventually get both just depends on what some of the next stern jjp pins are.

#26 3 years ago

Neither, get a MET. Depth and great shots Seriously though now as that wasn't an option, are you a mode based player or a score based player?

If you like the journey of going through modes then MM would be the better game as you have task to complete in order to get to the end. With AC/DC it's all about maximizing your scores by the risk vs reward of the game. All the songs are pretty much the same as you have to hit ___ number of shots to open the jukebox to change the song. I'm more of a mode based player but I prefer AC/DC over MM just for the adrenaline I get from playing it during a good game. Nothing beats having 100 million points ready to go and needing to hit that wide open right ramp that for some reason just shrunk drastically. Well, nothing but needing one more shot to get battle for the kingdom.

See what I did there? A lot of words that basically got you back to the start If it was me, I'd go AC/DC now. Play it for a year or so and then pick up a used MMr if you find AC/DC doesn't strike your fancy.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Care to enlighten me why?

I owned an AC/DC pro and have played quite a bit of the premium. Thought I would LOVE the game (and I do love AC/DC) but for whatever reason the game just did not resonate with me. I thought it had some cheap drains and quite honestly I just don't love how the rules play out on that game.

MMr is just "fun". I'm not sure I would actually own one though.....it is bit "too easy" for home use.....IMHO. That being said I think it's the much better option for guests. Much easier to understand & figure out what to do. Lots of multiballs and it's always a hoot to take down the castle.

I might not own either but when I run into them in the wild I head for MMr.

#28 3 years ago

For me, Medieval Madness is about bashing the gate until you get about 85 million for defeating the King of Payne. Calling mystery programmer! Please reduce the value of the castles to about 1/2 or 1/4 of their current values! Same shot, right up the middle, all day long. This is most frustrating for me because this game is way awesome other than this scoring imbalance. It's painfully bad and makes me shake my head why many think this is the best pinball game ever. Is it as bad as DE Star Wars (Not Star Trek) with the original ROMs? No, but the idea is the same.

AC/DC can be played at least a half dozen ways for big scores.

In summary, Both of these layouts are nothing spectacular. I like the layout of MM better. But AC/DC has the rules. And the rules make the game.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Is it as bad as DE Star Trek with the original ROMs

I think you mean DE Star Wars.

#30 3 years ago

We are casual (don't care to learn all the rules and "need some flipper skills") owners of both games. AC/DC may prove to be too difficult for us, but everyone needs an overly complicated rowdy asskicker in their collection. My family and guests prefer MM. I think both games will be cheaper in a few years when hopefully better games dilute the high end market.

#31 3 years ago

I've played them both and they're both great.......But its AC/DC Prem for me. That's the beauty of pinball, different strokes for different folks. Personally I think it would suck if MM was #1 on everyone's list

#32 3 years ago

I don't know a ton about all the shots and features of mmr but the recurring theme I hear is shooting the castle gets old. Well one of my other pins is pots and you repetitively shoot the ship, I do love the game though and my man cave has a bit of a pirate theme so it works.

Just don't want a pin that is too similar if that makes sense.

#33 3 years ago

I own both. and I can tell you imho they are the top 2 games in my collection by far, and the top 2 of any pinballs i have ever played. but with that said, i can't give you advice as to which one to choose. They are both that good. Also MMR is about much more than just blowing up the castle, if that's all it was about it would get old real fast. The game is much, much deeper than that. in my pinside ratings I rate AC/DC a little bit higher than MMR, simply because it is as close to perfect as a pinball can get. But they will be the last 2 games to ever leave my collection. Good luck with your choice, but you can't go wrong with either one.

#34 3 years ago

MM is head and shoulders above ACDC IMO. Everthing about ACDC is just so generic. All the song modes are pretty much the same. I just could never get into it, but it has some neat ideas. MM is a fan like ACDC is, but it's anything but generic. Everything just works on the game...and the best toy in pinball doesn't hurt. Rules are solid on both. ACDC is "deeper", but MM is more fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 3.70
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.95
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
€ 40.00
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
7,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York City, NEW YORK
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside