You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20171120_204711 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171120_204612 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171120_204700 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171212-143112 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Music fans (and everybody else!) - I had never played either AC/DC or Metallica until fairly recently. Both machines seem just outstanding! Which one hits higher on the 'fun' factor? I love the lower playfield of AC/DC, and am a fan of both bands. Which one makes better use of the band's music, and is an overall 'great' pin? I know I can't go wrong with either, but I'm curious what everybody loves about each one. I'm fairly new to Stern games (I have an LOTR but that's it)

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Add a poll
For me it's Met easy but I'm not a fan of ACDC. I think Met is set up almost perfectly as you progress through the game.
The Crank it ups, the doubling score before you leave, the inline drops etc....everything just seems pretty perfect.
Metallica music sounds like 2 ugly teenagers FB'ing each other in plastic bag filled with starting fluid, whatever the hell that means, and it's still an all time great.

I didn't want to just do a poll, I figured it would be more informative to hear everybody's reasoning

#45 6 years ago

I've got to look up which tunes Metallica incorporates...

#54 6 years ago

I know the major differences with the ac/dc pro and LE, but is metallica a dramatically different game between the two models?

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Having previously owned a Met Pro and currently own an AC/DC Premium, I'm happy to weigh in.
AC/DC Pro vs. Premium: There is a dramatic difference between the pro and premium models of AC/DC...and it's more than just the lower playfield and cross-over ramp. The stand-up targets on the pro vs. the drop target banks on the premium have a significant impact on the way the machine plays and I much prefer the drop targets because the ball doesn't fly around so wildly (i.e. the ball travel is more predictable off of the drop targets). Also, the color changing LEDs on the premium make the deep rule set easier to understand by providing visual indicators for what to shoot for. This shouldn't be overlooked as the code is deep and the ruleset is not always the easiest to understand at times (i.e. what to shoot for at any given time). The swinging bell is also awesome on the premium and is a very cool, satisfying shot.
Met Pro vs. Premium: There is definitely less of a difference between the two versions. The met premium has the rising cross (static on the pro), the motorized snake jaw (static on the pro), the hammer lock (static newton ball lock on the pro), and two spinners. Other than the hammer lock which is awesome but some folks complain it blocks the view of sparky and is less flowly than the pro's lock and the spinners, everything else is aesthetic. Also, same as above, you shouldn't overlook the color changing LEDs on the premium as they are very helpful and also look better. Having owned the Met Pro which didn't have them and now the AC/DC premium which does, I highly prefer the color changing LEDs and they are especially helpful as you learn the game and help non hardcore players enjoy the game more.
Conclusion: As others have said, I don't think you can go wrong: both are really fun, fully featured games with deep code. If you like flow and more of a challenge, I'd recommend an AC/DC Premium. If you're more into mode-based gameplay and love yourself a good bash toy, then Met is probably better for you. They are both great games and are probably the two best games that Stern has ever produced. Come on over and put some more time on the AC/DC and I know someone with a Met Premium that you can get some quality time on as well.

Thx! I forgot about the Color changing LEDs, I’d love to have another couple rounds at that Ac/Dc

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

You CANNOT go wrong with either. Most would give Met the slight edge over ACDC - but personal music taste also comes into play. Interestingly enough, both games are awesome in the Pro version so you don't have to lay out that extra cash. I would also recommend that you look at Aerosmith Pro or Premium... Again the AS Pro plays great, but the Premium has a few more features if you think they are worth the $$$.

I’ve played Aerosmith a bunch - love the toy box and the game seems pretty straight forward to me; if it were a bargain pin I might consider it, but theme kills it for me, I just don’t like Aerosmith’s music THAT much

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 25.50
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-or-metallica?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.