You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20171120_204711 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171120_204612 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171120_204700 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171212-143112 (resized).png

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I prefer KISS to both
( and final update still to come ).

100% agree. Own a MetPro, AC DC Luci and Kiss LE.
Kiss rules them all when it comes to Gameplay, call outs and theme integration and has the best sound out of the box

#52 6 years ago

I have both PRO models - AC/DC is for me is a harder game but as many others have said has more flow. For the fun factor MET is better and has more to shoot at and bash. Don't be shy get both that way you can't go wrong -

IMG_20171120_204700 (resized).jpgIMG_20171120_204700 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171120_204612 (resized).jpgIMG_20171120_204612 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171120_204711 (resized).jpgIMG_20171120_204711 (resized).jpg

#53 6 years ago

Met is a favorite in my decent size collection. I've played a lot of acdc but for some reason or another I've never pulled the trigger.....still might someday though.

#54 6 years ago

I know the major differences with the ac/dc pro and LE, but is metallica a dramatically different game between the two models?

#55 6 years ago

Metallica, but this is personal opinion. I came to the conclusion playing both at NY, NY in Vegas. I would have never considered either.

After playing both I started playing Met way more. It got to the point that I wanted to buy Met and I did. I didn't know one song on Met so I hardly was a fan of the music/band. Turns out my son in law was a fan and now my grandson plays Met the most. Who knew. I've owned for maybe 15 months and really enjoy it.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I know the major differences with the ac/dc pro and LE, but is metallica a dramatically different game between the two models?

I played the Met Premium before I bought my pro and for the $$$$ IMO the pro was the better value. The premium does have the hammer and rising cross which are kinda cool if money is no object

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Having previously owned a Met Pro and currently own an AC/DC Premium, I'm happy to weigh in.

AC/DC Pro vs. Premium: There is a dramatic difference between the pro and premium models of AC/DC...and it's more than just the lower playfield and cross-over ramp. The stand-up targets on the pro vs. the drop target banks on the premium have a significant impact on the way the machine plays and I much prefer the drop targets because the ball doesn't fly around so wildly (i.e. the ball travel is more predictable off of the drop targets). Also, the color changing LEDs on the premium make the deep rule set easier to understand by providing visual indicators for what to shoot for. This shouldn't be overlooked as the code is deep and the ruleset is not always the easiest to understand at times (i.e. what to shoot for at any given time). The swinging bell is also awesome on the premium and is a very cool, satisfying shot.

Met Pro vs. Premium: There is definitely less of a difference between the two versions. The met premium has the rising cross (static on the pro), the motorized snake jaw (static on the pro), the hammer lock (static newton ball lock on the pro), and two spinners. Other than the hammer lock which is awesome but some folks complain it blocks the view of sparky and is less flowly than the pro's lock and the spinners, everything else is aesthetic. Also, same as above, you shouldn't overlook the color changing LEDs on the premium as they are very helpful and also look better. Having owned the Met Pro which didn't have them and now the AC/DC premium which does, I highly prefer the color changing LEDs and they are especially helpful as you learn the game and help non hardcore players enjoy the game more.

Conclusion: As others have said, I don't think you can go wrong: both are really fun, fully featured games with deep code. If you like flow and more of a challenge, I'd recommend an AC/DC Premium. If you're more into mode-based gameplay and love yourself a good bash toy, then Met is probably better for you. They are both great games and are probably the two best games that Stern has ever produced. Come on over and put some more time on the AC/DC and I know someone with a Met Premium that you can get some quality time on as well.

#58 6 years ago

I've owned both for years and they are both keepers for me. I give the edge to ACDC.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I don't know man, hearing Steve Ritchie yell "Holy sh*t!!!" when you have a monster ball is pretty awesome.

No arguments there, but I'll counter with a MET 2x scoring PF, then doubled, then SJ "JACK FUCKING POT" call out

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

i do like the music in the matrix pin though. Europe is where the music is at! house/techno/trance/dub step/D&B.
wish stern or someone would make a pin with actual GOOD current music in it.

Suuure.

#61 6 years ago

MET can be a bash fest but still has so many things that make it great. Helps to know the rules. Mind blowing when you get a bunch of things going at once. CUI modes are brilliant and never get old. Animations, code, and callouts really come together well. Just a solid game. ACDC is pretty good too. I'm not as familiar with the rules but have a lot of fun playing it. If I was after an ACDC, I would want a premium. The pro for MET so that saves you money. MET all the way.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

MET can be a bash fest but still has so many things that make it great.

Agreed but when you play it smart, and set your bashing up during MBs each leading to the next it's actually pretty smooth.

#63 6 years ago

Metallica is better looking, those metal ramps are sweet. AC/DC has better rules and there is more to do, I think it's less repetitive. I think there is really no wrong choice. I would base it on your musical taste. You going to be listening to it a lot.

#64 6 years ago

You CANNOT go wrong with either. Most would give Met the slight edge over ACDC - but personal music taste also comes into play. Interestingly enough, both games are awesome in the Pro version so you don't have to lay out that extra cash. I would also recommend that you look at Aerosmith Pro or Premium... Again the AS Pro plays great, but the Premium has a few more features if you think they are worth the $$$.

#65 6 years ago

I disagree to say that Acdc has more flow, especially premium/LE.

Metallica is better game, better shooter and simplier to understand rules.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Having previously owned a Met Pro and currently own an AC/DC Premium, I'm happy to weigh in.
AC/DC Pro vs. Premium: There is a dramatic difference between the pro and premium models of AC/DC...and it's more than just the lower playfield and cross-over ramp. The stand-up targets on the pro vs. the drop target banks on the premium have a significant impact on the way the machine plays and I much prefer the drop targets because the ball doesn't fly around so wildly (i.e. the ball travel is more predictable off of the drop targets). Also, the color changing LEDs on the premium make the deep rule set easier to understand by providing visual indicators for what to shoot for. This shouldn't be overlooked as the code is deep and the ruleset is not always the easiest to understand at times (i.e. what to shoot for at any given time). The swinging bell is also awesome on the premium and is a very cool, satisfying shot.
Met Pro vs. Premium: There is definitely less of a difference between the two versions. The met premium has the rising cross (static on the pro), the motorized snake jaw (static on the pro), the hammer lock (static newton ball lock on the pro), and two spinners. Other than the hammer lock which is awesome but some folks complain it blocks the view of sparky and is less flowly than the pro's lock and the spinners, everything else is aesthetic. Also, same as above, you shouldn't overlook the color changing LEDs on the premium as they are very helpful and also look better. Having owned the Met Pro which didn't have them and now the AC/DC premium which does, I highly prefer the color changing LEDs and they are especially helpful as you learn the game and help non hardcore players enjoy the game more.
Conclusion: As others have said, I don't think you can go wrong: both are really fun, fully featured games with deep code. If you like flow and more of a challenge, I'd recommend an AC/DC Premium. If you're more into mode-based gameplay and love yourself a good bash toy, then Met is probably better for you. They are both great games and are probably the two best games that Stern has ever produced. Come on over and put some more time on the AC/DC and I know someone with a Met Premium that you can get some quality time on as well.

Thx! I forgot about the Color changing LEDs, I’d love to have another couple rounds at that Ac/Dc

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

You CANNOT go wrong with either. Most would give Met the slight edge over ACDC - but personal music taste also comes into play. Interestingly enough, both games are awesome in the Pro version so you don't have to lay out that extra cash. I would also recommend that you look at Aerosmith Pro or Premium... Again the AS Pro plays great, but the Premium has a few more features if you think they are worth the $$$.

I’ve played Aerosmith a bunch - love the toy box and the game seems pretty straight forward to me; if it were a bargain pin I might consider it, but theme kills it for me, I just don’t like Aerosmith’s music THAT much

#68 6 years ago

Great games...prefer AC/DC as it is much more challenging to me and I get tired of it a lot less easily. Something about Hell's Bell is magical and I never tire of it.

#69 6 years ago

Both are great but it's AC/DC pre for me!! Met just got old hitting sparky all the time plus not a big of a Metallica.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#70 6 years ago

METELICA......my personal favorite pin of all time.....

#72 6 years ago

Premium- AC/DC
Pro- Metallica

#73 6 years ago

I own Metallica pro, great game. Just bought AC/DC premium 'VE. This is a close call, with a slight edge to Metallica. The price break on pro for such a good game is fantastic. Better art work & easy to play, maybe a little tricky to understand the rules at first. Still learning AC/DC probably a bigger fan of the music. I think MET is a bash fest, AC/DC seems to have a little more flow but harder to play. Not the subject of your machines but it was mentioned earlier, I personally like Aerosmith the best of all. Own an LE & love everything about it.

#74 6 years ago

I played AC/DC Premium first and loved it. Looked into buying either a Met Pro or AC/DC Premium this past summer and went with a Met Pro because of price difference. Both are great games and if price wasn't a factor I would have a hard time choosing one over the other.

#75 6 years ago

Sparky baby!

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

The stand-up targets on the pro vs. the drop target banks on the premium have a significant impact on the way the machine plays and I much prefer the drop targets because the ball doesn't fly around so wildly

Yeah, I sorta had to fix that.

#77 6 years ago

Acdc premium is my longest honeymoon phase game to date. Not saying met pro is shit by any means. I had mine for like 3 years and thought it would never leave.

#78 6 years ago

I owned an AC/DC premium for many years. It's an awesome game, but I eventually got tired of it and sold it. I also own a MET pro, and for some reason that game never gets old for me. I still play it more than any other game in my collection. As for the music, I much prefer AC/DC to Metallica, but I swapped out all the songs in my MET, so that's really a non-factor.

I think it's interesting that so many people are saying they prefer AC/DC because it has more flow. I actually like the flow on MET more. You can do some great combos on MET. For example, it's an awesome feeling when you can pull off a left ramp -> right orbit -> right ramp -> fuel lane -> snake. There is no comparable combo on AC/DC.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think it's interesting that so many people are saying they prefer AC/DC because it has more flow. I actually like the flow on MET more.

Metallica has just as many flowy shots (two ramps and full orbits), it's just that they are much tighter and so it's more likely you'll botch that potential flow. AC\DC has nice, big open ramps. Not to mention plastic so they whip around insanely fast.

But yes, Metallica can flow really well too if you can get into a rhythm. I personally like going left ramp to right ramp, then into the piston. Extra combo bonus there and it's really satisfying.

#80 6 years ago

Agreed. I wouldn't call MET a "flow" pin. ACDC yes. I'm not sure how Ritchie does it but his games have that flow x factor. I've owned MET for quite a while and still have a hard time hitting the ramps - especially the left. When I do start hitting ramp combos, feels awesome and love that sound of the ball whipping around metal ramps. Even better when hitting a bunch of combos back to back in CUI For Whom the Bell Tolls. Great sounds and big points. Hitting the piston shot after a fast orbit is another great shot. Love that sound, too. In fact, I think MET sound effects are some of the best in pinball. I love all the explosions, fuel burnouts, guitar rifts, and everything else. When you hit an important shot, the game really responds with an over the top sound.

#81 6 years ago

Custom band call outs in MET vs Steve Ritchie in ACDC. Enough said.

#82 6 years ago

I have both AcDc premium and Met pro.

I’d give the edge to Metallica.

Both are outstanding to play and great music, rules, toys and shots.

Metallica has much better artwork and band callouts which put it ahead by a nose.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

A lot of people prefer Met pro. This is not a joke or an excuse because we can’t afford the premium.

Premium has spinners, hammer ball lock, rising cross, snake jaws that close and hold the ball.

Overall I think the pro is more simple less complicated. Particularly some people don’t like the hammer ball lock.

I prefer Met pro

With AcDc I really have not played the pro, but I like the lower PF just wish it scored better and could have both upper and lower active at the same time. Plus I like the extra toys on AcDc premium.

#84 6 years ago

I like AC/DC more as a band but like the shot selection in Metallica more. Both games kick my ass.

#85 6 years ago

I far prefer AC/DC Ritchie callouts to Metallica's bandmember's (or almost any other games callouts, AFM and MM excepted.) AC/DC and Metallica are the only Stern games I've wanted so far. In retirement, I vow I will learn AC/DC's impossibly comlicated rules---I figure Lyman will balance them out for scoring in the final update.

#86 6 years ago

AC/DC , owned both in LE,s sold both, now I have a heavily modded Luci that I bought new.Metallica gave me a headache ,I did like the flow, should have changed music

#87 6 years ago

Metallica destroys Ac/dc imo. Ac/dc feels and looks cheap and suffers from terrible artwork. Metallica music suits better and the shots and objectives are more to my liking. I've tried to like Ac/dc but find myself either leaving balls or credits when i leave it onsite.

#88 6 years ago

I owned an AC/DC premium. Im still torn about letting it go. However, I remember I used to get a little bored with it after awhile.

My Met prem is bolted to the floor....imo, Met all the way

#89 6 years ago

Had an ACDC premium and a modded ACDC pro....both moved on while Metallica remains

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-or-metallica/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.