image.jpg
acdc_pinball_score5.jpg
ACDC_GC_Score.JPG
rubber_over_outlane.JPG
DSCN0256.JPG
DSCN0257.JPG
DSCN0258.JPG
DSCN0259.JPG
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

I disagree, not all fan shots reward multiballs for just shooting two ramps. AFM will never award you a single multiball from shooting the two ramps over and over again. What other games are you thinking of?

#102 10 years ago

Oh, and if you need to take off the glass to post a stupid score, I will respond with the defacto AC/DC boner crowd and tell you "Learn to play pinball." neat.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

AC/DC is boring, all you have to do is farm the ramps for combos and multiballs and complete everything else during multiballs. Once you get the ramp shots down, you dont have to worry about the other broken shots that reward made shots with an insta-drain, which makes the game un-fun. Who designs a game with "Good shot, you totally made that, lets just drain the ball now so I can get you to put in more quarters!" Oh yea, its a Ritchie game, the master of quarter earning games.
Dude, make your game fun, ignore all the "Play better" statements. You are obviously a realist here. One you get the ramp shots down, 1.4 bil games are no problem and tiring.

Thanks for letting us know which games are boring & which arent. Not sure what we would do without one of your posts in a acdc thread letting us know what a lousy game it is.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That's it, i'm taking the glass off too, so I can show a snapshot of a stupid score.

Glass was on the entire time on the game scores I posted. Outlanes are brought in to make the game a little more fun in a home environment. Not sure why i'd post a high score & claim it wasnt mine if the glass was off while playing.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Thanks for letting us know which games are boring & which arent. Not sure what we would do without one of your posts in a acdc thread letting us know what a lousy game it is.

I never stated which games aren't boring, just simply that AC/DC can be completed with two shots. Yet I don't see an arguement here, so I assume you agree. You like two shot games?

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I never stated which games aren't boring, just simply that AC/DC can be completed with two shots. Yet I don't see an arguement here, so I assume you agree. You like two shot games?

If thats how you choose to play it then you are missing out on some of the great programming on ACDC. Take a look at the gameplay video posted in this thread of the 1.4 billion score on one ball. Does it look like he's just shooting 2 shots???

#107 10 years ago

Hey look, here is a player that is not you average home user raping a machine. All home users must be pro players so his video is golden. Enter your dumb facepalm icon here.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Oh yea, its a Ritchie game, the master of quarter earning games.

I think you meant that to be derogatory. It's not. It's ironically very true.

Way to give Steve a well deserved pat on the back. I couldn't agree more.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I never stated which games aren't boring, just simply that AC/DC can be completed with two shots.

Not sure what you mean by that. You can't get to Encore (complete the game) by just shooting the ramps. Please elaborate.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Not sure what you mean by that. You can't get to Encore (complete the game) by just shooting the ramps. Please elaborate.

You can complete the song shots during multiball to progress. Once m-ball completes, change songs and farm ramps again to m-ball. Elaboration complete.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I think you meant that to be derogatory. It's not. It's ironically very true.
Way to give Steve a well deserved pat on the back. I couldn't agree more.

There is no reason to farm quarters from a home user, we are playing on free play.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Hey look, here is a player that is not you average home user raping a machine. All home users must be pro players so his video is golden. Enter your dumb facepalm icon here.

The point is there is more to ACDC then just cycling the ramps all game long to try n buzz your way through to Encore. Many who play it dont even play for encore,I will play many times just maximize the song jackpot and earn some good song bonuses in album n tour MB. You cant do that if all youre doing is playing Jam multiball the whole game. Play it that way if you like but you are missing out on some great game programming if you choose to play it that way.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

You can complete the song shots during multiball to progress. Once m-ball completes, change songs and farm ramps again to m-ball. Elaboration complete.

It's not that simple. There are 12 songs and each multiball gets harder to restart every time you've completed it. If you're getting to Encore regularly at 8 song requests to light jukebox, you're either a world class player or your game is setup too easy. Not simple at all. Way harder wiz mode to reach than most all other Lyman games.

Summing up the game by saying you only have to shoot the ramps also completely ignores the strategy the vast majority of players use when they start a game on AC/DC. To strictly go for points (song jackpots/bonuses, etc).

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

There is no reason to farm quarters from a home user, we are playing on free play.

The games aren't designed strictly for home buyers. I'm sure plenty would prefer they were, but as long as I can play on location, I'm going to do everything I can to prevent that from happening. Sorry about that.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Many who play it dont even know how to reach encore.

FTFY d

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

The games aren't designed strictly for home buyers. I'm sure plenty would prefer they were, but as long as I can play on location, I'm going to do everything I can to prevent that from happening. Sorry about that.

Agreed, just shoot the ramps and make all the suicide shots during m-ball. You can complete the game, take all the risk shots without risk and enjoy the entire rule set while the pop-caps shoot the balls STDM while you have ball save active from the start of m-balls. fun!

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Agreed, just shoot the ramps and make all the suicide shots during m-ball. You can complete the game, take all the risk shots without risk and enjoy the entire rule set while the pop-caps shoot the balls STDM while you have ball save active from the start of m-balls. fun!

You talk about playing the game in a home use setting yet you use a strategy that would be best if you were paying to play a location game or in a tournament. Who cares if you get a few tough drains playing the game with a more risky style of play at home. Just fire up another game & see if you can crank up the SJ to an obscene level.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You talk about playing the game in a home use setting yet you use a strategy that would be best if you were paying to play a location game or in a tournament. Who cares if you get a few tough drains playing the game with a more risky style of play at home. Just fire up another game & see if you can crank up the SJ to an obscene level.

Isn't the purpose of playing a game to have fun? Whats fun about SDTM drains for launching the ball or hitting stand ups? I like to have fun when playing a game, which means I have to avoid all the shots that end the gameplay. For AC/DC that includes all shots except the ramps.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

What about getting a SDTM drain when you shoot the castle gate on MM???

Nah, the flippers are close enough together on MM that if you double flip at the right time, the ball cannot fit through them. Take a ball and try it for yourself. That means it's possible to save any SDTM from MM without any nudging at all. It's fast which makes it hard, but it's not cheap.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Nah, the flippers are close enough together on MM that if you double flip at the right time, the ball cannot fit through them. Take a ball and try it for yourself. That means it's possible to save any SDTM from MM without any nudging at all. It's fast which makes it hard, but it's not cheap.

Which is why when the ball drains STDM on MM its super irritating. Because you are the reason it drained instead of the game design.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Isn't the purpose of playing a game to have fun? Whats fun about SDTM drains for launching the ball or hitting stand ups? I like to have fun when playing a game, which means I have to avoid all the shots that end the gameplay. For AC/DC that includes all shots except the ramps.

Sorry I get maybe 2 out of 100 drains from the pops on mine. The stand-ups can be hit from certain angles. Its no different then if you shoot the Frank Stand-ups from the wrong angle of the 3-bank on AFM from the wrong angle. If you angle the shots correctly you can recover. If you take a pop shot from the wrong angle & drain its your own fault.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The point is there is more to ACDC then just cycling the ramps all game long to try n buzz your way through to Encore. Many who play it dont even play for encore,.

No kidding. There are stories of people playing the game and dancing and singing along. In my opinion, no real pinball player is going to be doing that crap. Obviously there are tons of people that like this game that probably arent even pinball players. They just like the music.

I have mixed feelings about AC/DC. There are days I can walk up to it and have a blast playing it. There are other days that I walk up to it and all this cheap stuff happens until I'm in a rage. That cheap crap is what keeps me from loving the game.

And whoever keeps yammering about the ball times is off base. White water, doctor who, tron, there are many games with shorter ball times than AC/DC that aren't cheap as hell about it. Hard is one thing. Cheap is another.

Quoted from smassa:

You talk about playing the game in a home use setting yet you use a strategy that would be best if you were paying to play a location game or in a tournament.

The strategy is to achieve encore. I'm not convinced that's the best strategy to use in a tournament. But if you're not going to take a strategy to accomplish something, why play at all? I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what your point is here.

Quoted from smassa:

Who cares if you get a few tough drains playing the game

Tough drains, no problem. Cheap drains as a reward for doing something right, something I was supposed to do? No thanks.

By the way, from the 20 or so games of Metallica I have played so far, I have not had a lot of cheap drains. I have also found the ball times are shorter than in AC/DC. I realize this isn't an AC/DC vs Metallica thread. But in my personal opinion, I am liking Metallica better so far. I only bring this up because it's the newest music pin so a decent comparison.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The strategy is to achieve encore. I'm not convinced that's the best strategy to use in a tournament. But if you're not going to take a strategy to accomplish something, why play at all? I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what your point is here.

My goal every game is to try n beat my best score. Many times that is not trying to get to encore and play songs I feel I can crack up the song jackpot as easy as possible. Sure sometimes if i'm playing well I may shift strategies & start to go through more songs but I dont start every game thinking the main objective is to get to encore.

Quoted from markmon:

Tough drains, no problem. Cheap drains as a reward for doing something right, something I was supposed to do? No thanks.

Maybe you need to tweak the setup of your pin. I dont get cheap drains from the pops or even from bell shots from either the cannon or the flippers. I dont know what else you feel is cheap about the way the ball drains. I dont even get many drains from cannon shots to the acdc drops.

Its far from the 1st game ever made where you can get drains from shooting at targets from the wrong angle.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sorry I get maybe 2 out of 100 drains from the pops on mine. The stand-ups can be hit from certain angles. Its no different then if you shoot the Frank Stand-ups from the wrong angle of the 3-bank on AFM from the wrong angle. If you angle the shots correctly you can recover. If you take a pop shot from the wrong angle & drain its your own fault.

I agree each machine can play slightly differently, but the sheer number of STDM drain complaint threads, including this one, is enough to prove its a real irritating problem. I also agree that you can make dangerous shots with other techniques, but that realization alone doesn't solve the awesome auto-cannon shots that shoot the ball into the left outlane. Like you stated earlier, Steve is a master of cheap drains, and apparently you enjoy them.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

My goal every game is to try n beat my best score. Many times that is not trying to get to encore and play songs I feel I can crack up the song jackpot as easy as possible. Sure sometimes if i'm playing well I may shift strategies & start to go through more songs but I dont start every game thinking the main objective is to get to encore.

If your goal is to beat your previous scores, then focusing on what awards the most points in the game seems to be the only reasonable pathway. Encore awards a lot of points, so why would you not be focusing on that?

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Like you stated earlier, Steve is a master of cheap drains, and apparently you enjoy them.

No maybe i've just put in the time to learn how to avoid them. Dont like the auto-fire cannon drains??? Dont shoot the cannon when it isnt lit for a controlled shot. It isnt really that hard to avoid. Ive played multiple ACDC Premiums/LE's that were set up correctly & there is nothing cheap about how the ball drains. Maybe the person who set up the game youre playing didnt take the time to set it up very well????

Quoted from PDXGeek:

but the sheer number of STDM drain complaint threads, including this one, is enough to prove its a real irritating problem.

Sounds to me like people are either too lazy to put in the time to set up their game correctly or dont know what to do to eliminate the drains from the pops.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

If your goal is to beat your previous scores, then focusing on what awards the most points in the game seems to be the only reasonable pathway. Encore awards a lot of points, so why would you not be focusing on that?

Ive scored a SJ of 325mil and a Song Bonus of over 200mil before collecting that SJ in Album MB. That alone is worth more then what I could have scored blowing through the songs to encore & even finishing it.

Sorry nothing you can say is going to change the fact that its a great game with so many different ways to play it. I cant think of another game out there that gives you so many different ways to approach the gameplay. I only hope my Metallica is 1/2 as fun.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

No maybe i've just put in the time to learn how to avoid them. Dont like the auto-fire cannon drains??? Dont shoot the cannon when it isnt lit for a controlled shot. It isnt really that hard to avoid. Ive played multiple ACDC Premiums/LE's that were set up correctly & there is nothing cheap about how the ball drains. Maybe the person who set up the game youre playing didnt take the time to set it up very well????

Sounds to me like people are either too lazy to put in the time to set up their game correctly or dont know what to do to eliminate the drains from the pops.

This is the common lame AC/DC whore post. Oh, AC/DC is perfect, there is nothing wrong, you need to learn how to play pinball and learn how to setup your machine. Yet there are serveral posts complaining about these problems, so the problems are real regardless of whether or not you want to accept them. Your own admission of cheapness from Steves design only strengthens that data. Oh, you dont like auto-fire cannon drains, then dont shoot the cannon. Nice. We should always avoid the primary toys of a game, and you should always be awarded a drain for making a shot. Good logic.

I have also had a 3x playfield 300m song jackpot score. Just because I managed to pull that off doesn't absolve the game of its obvious flaws that all the non-ACDC whores constantly point out. Maybe you could try drinking a glass of realism and accept the games flaws for a change. AC/DC has a great rule set, and totally cheap playfield design. I accept AC/DC for what it is and bring you honesty while you continue down the path of denial.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

This is the common lame AC/DC whore post. Oh, AC/DC is perfect, there is nothing wrong, you need to learn how to play pinball and learn how to setup your machine. Yet there are serveral posts complaining about these problems, so the problems are real regardless of whether or not you want to accept them. Your own admission of cheapness from Steves design only strengthens that data. Oh, you dont like auto-fire cannon drains, then dont shoot the cannon. Nice. We should always avoid the primary toys of a game, and you should always be awarded a drain for making a shot. Good logic.
I have also had a 3x playfield 300m song jackpot score. Just because I managed to pull that off doesn't absolve the game of its obvious flaws that all the non-ACDC whores constantly point out. Maybe you could try drinking a glass of realism and accept the games flaws for a change. AC/DC has a great rule set, and totally cheap playfield design. I accept AC/DC for what it is and bring you honesty while you continue down the path of denial.

lol....its like talking to a 6yr old. I never once said its "perfect". No game is perfect but its a ton of fun to play. (that is wht we play these things right???) I've owned many pins in the past & none have brought me back as much as this one has. There are many pins I dont like but I dont go around whining about what I dont like about them, I just choose not to play or own them. It's amusing to me actually to see people like you & Markmon constantly whining about how you feel the game is cheap or unfair. I have a simple solution for you, Dont play it!!!! But the constant crying you guys do about what you feel is cheap isnt going to steer many of us away from what we feel is a extremely fun game & something we havent seen in some time.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

lol....its like talking to a 6yr old. I never once said its "perfect". No game is perfect but its a ton of fun to play. (that is wht we play these things right???) I've owned many pins in the past & none have brought me back as much as this one has. There are many pins I dont like but I dont go around whining about what I dont like about them, I just choose not to play or own them. It's amusing to me actually to see people like you & Markmon constantly whining about how you feel the game is cheap or unfair. I have a simple solution for you, Dont play it!!!! But the constant crying you guys do about what you feel is cheap isnt going to steer many of us away from what we feel is a extremely fun game & something we havent seen in some time.

Its almost as tiring, no wait, its more tiring, then the same people that constantly defend the cheapness that the majority constantly posts about. Maybe you should look in the mirror and drink that glass of realism that I offered earlier. Or you can continue to call me, and everyone else that disagrees with you, 6 year olds instead of providing anything factual against the points that this original OP posted, and all the ones that came before it.

#131 10 years ago

And this is for you argumentitive with name calling smassa

364.gif364.gif

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I like to have fun when playing a game, which means I have to avoid all the shots that end the gameplay. For AC/DC that includes all shots except the ramps

I'm just going to call BS on this and move on....

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The point is there is more to ACDC then just cycling the ramps all game long to try n buzz your way through to Encore. Many who play it don't even play for Encore. I will play many times just to maximize the song jackpot and earn some good song bonuses in album n tour MB. You can't do that if all you're doing is playing Jam multiball the whole game. Play it that way if you like, but you are missing out on some great game programming if you choose to play it that way.

Precisely. Just because a certain way of playing may be the best way to earn high scores, it doesn't mean you are forced to play that way. And unless you are a tournament player, I would recommend mixing it up. It's a lot more fun. For example, on WH2O, the best way to advance the R-I-V-E-R class is by shooting it up the middle over and over and over again. When I owned the game, I almost never did this. Sure, it's a good strategy, but it's boring as hell.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Hate to tell you this, but you can't complete AC/DC with 2 shots. In fact, you would never get off the first song if your doing 2 shots. If you want Encore. Your going to have to do at least 8 shots, for each song.

8 X 12 = 96. So you need 96 different shots to get to encore.

Those ramps arn't a guarantee either. You hit the sandup good chance of death. If it doesn't go up all the way, good chance of death. I don't think the ramps are safe at all. You load the cannon after the 6th ramp, risky. Actually that isn't a good way to go at all. If I was going to do a one shot safer shot, it would be war machine method. Ramps are too risky.

Same could be said for TAF. Shoot ramp. Scoop. Ramp Scoop, ramp scoop. Keep doing that until tour mansion.. easier said than done.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If I was going to do a one shot safer shot, it would be war machine method.

The war machine shot (left orbit) is only safe on the modes where the controlled gate stops the ball. During all the other modes, it's a much riskier proposition.

#136 10 years ago

I always play to get to encore. I dont know any other way to play the game; start a song, light songs, strategize for next song pending an upcoming mb. And of course the fun part of seeing just how high you can crank that song jp. Last night I had it at 50 mil and decided to keep going, then it got to 90 mil and I'm like...f*ck it, lets keep going. Started hells bells, got 3X rolling with jam mb, after jam mb I got hells bells lower pf with 3X; used my VIP passes to keep 3X rolling which turned into this (see pic)...

So ya; playing for encore seems to be working for me. Game became 10X better once I brought the outlanes in. Drool on my score

image.jpgimage.jpg

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Hate to tell you this, but you can't complete AC/DC with 2 shots. In fact, you would never get off the first song if your doing 2 shots. If you want Encore. Your going to have to do at least 8 shots, for each song.

As I have said multiple times now, you complete the song during multiball because its safer. So yes, you cant beat the game by solely hitting the ramps, I never stated you could.

When AC/DC is not being cheap, its a very fun game. Building into Encore is satisfying, and hitting a 3x song jackpot is of course awesome as well. What sucks is hitting that awesome shot, and having the ball jump into the outlane for making the shot. That would be like hitting the proper target in STTNG and your reward is points and the ball is considered drained. A required shot shouldn't be a risky one, though you can actually get to encore without ever hitting a song jackpot, so I suppose there is an implied risk with that.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Those ramps arn't a guarantee either. You hit the sandup good chance of death. If it doesn't go up all the way, good chance of death. I don't think the ramps are safe at all. You load the cannon after the 6th ramp, risky. Actually that isn't a good way to go at all. If I was going to do a one shot safer shot, it would be war machine method. Ramps are too risky.
Same could be said for TAF. Shoot ramp. Scoop. Ramp Scoop, ramp scoop. Keep doing that until tour mansion.. easier said than done.

If you are going to argue with someone then at least read the whole argument before you chime in. What he said is that you shoot only the ramps. This starts jam multiball. Then due to mode stacking while in the mb, you shoot the other 96 shots you listed and complete the song safely. Drain the ball, shoot the jukebox and repeat. This is a safe strategy for someone that can flow ramps well. And the result is that you're shooting just the two shots over and over.

Quoted from smassa:

Maybe you need to tweak the setup of your pin. I dont get cheap drains from the pops or even from bell shots from either the cannon or the flippers. I dont know what else you feel is cheap about the way the ball drains. I dont even get many drains from cannon shots to the acdc drops.
Its far from the 1st game ever made where you can get drains from shooting at targets from the wrong angle.

Shooting from the wrong angle? The cannon is fixed. There's only one angle. I hardly get any SDTM from the bell. And I can nudge those out. The ball moves sorta slowly. My issue is the cannon. So please explain to me how to properly set up my machine so that the cannon doesn't fire into TNT targets automatically when I exit hell? Tell me how to set my machine up properly so cannon shots where I hit the lit target don't end up in the left outlane? How do I prevent all right ramp rejects from never jumping my flipper and draining? And if you plan to use the concept of avoiding these things, that has nothing to do with game set up.

I will say that the 4 ohm resistor slingshot fix solved my slings sending the ball airborne into the outlane. One issue down, several to go. Many games have some cheap crap. It just seems acdc has more of this going on than any other game. A lot of games that have these issues are often due to poor design. But Steve Ritchie is such an expert in design that he did these things intentionally. That somehow makes it worse.

#139 10 years ago

EASY. Avoid playing in such a way that makes the game auto fire the cannon into the TNT targets.

Some things you do have consequences that create risk. It's not a bad thing, it just requires you to plan ahead and think about it a little harder.

Quoted from markmon:

So please explain to me how to properly set up my machine so that the cannon doesn't fire into TNT targets automatically when I exit hell?

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

There are stories of people playing the game and dancing and singing along. In my opinion, no real pinball player is going to be doing that crap.

I never said that. I said people watching would sing and dance along with the game. If you never play on location, you won't see these things like that. Your loss.

Quoted from markmon:

But Steve Ritchie is such an expert in design that he did these things intentionally.

Damb straight he did. Steve knows a game is all about risk and reward.

Quoted from markmon:

That somehow makes it worse.

Wrong. That's what makes the game great. What's even more frustrating about you is that you live very close to the location pinball capital of the world, yet you stay home and get frustrated while the rest on the pinheads in your area are regularly getting out and playing on location. You could learn a lot by playing on location regularly.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Wrong. That's what makes the game great. What's even more frustrating about you is that you live very close to the location pinball capital of the world, yet you stay home and get frustrated while the rest on the pinheads in your area are regularly getting out and playing on location. You could learn a lot by playing on location regularly.

The "playing on location" people regularly come to his house actually. Besides, if you have ever seen the games around here its not all roses. What are you learning playing at a bar instead of your house for free? If you want "tips" on playing watch youtube. I actually really see no point in intentionally leaving to play a game I own on a location.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

If you are going to argue with someone then at least read the whole argument before you chime in. What he said is that you shoot only the ramps. This starts jam multiball. Then due to mode stacking while in the mb, you shoot the other 96 shots you listed and complete the song safely. Drain the ball, shoot the jukebox and repeat. This is a safe strategy for someone that can flow ramps well. And the result is that you're shooting just the two shots over and over.

Shooting from the wrong angle? The cannon is fixed. There's only one angle. I hardly get any SDTM from the bell. And I can nudge those out. The ball moves sorta slowly. My issue is the cannon. So please explain to me how to properly set up my machine so that the cannon doesn't fire into TNT targets automatically when I exit hell? Tell me how to set my machine up properly so cannon shots where I hit the lit target don't end up in the left outlane? How do I prevent all right ramp rejects from never jumping my flipper and draining? And if you plan to use the concept of avoiding these things, that has nothing to do with game set up.
I will say that the 4 ohm resistor slingshot fix solved my slings sending the ball airborne into the outlane. One issue down, several to go. Many games have some cheap crap. It just seems acdc has more of this going on than any other game. A lot of games that have these issues are often due to poor design. But Steve Ritchie is such an expert in design that he did these things intentionally. That somehow makes it worse.

I was referring to shooting the stand ups and drops from certain angles. Most backhanded shots to drops n thunderstruck targets are pretty safe. The cannon on mine rarely drains on shots to ACDC drops and I will avoid shooting it in H2H when it will auto fire.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I was referring to shooting the stand ups and drops from certain angles. Most backhanded shots to drops n thunderstruck targets are pretty safe. The cannon on mine rarely drains on shots to ACDC drops and I will avoid shooting it in H2H when it will auto fire.

Smassa brings up a good point. When you learn the game and its dynamics. You pick up on how to hit certain shots without too much of a drain risk. In other words, if you think ACDC is cheap; play better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-now-its-a-fair-fight/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.