• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC05038.JPG
images-1.jpeg
#1 11 years ago

My first NIB purchase, AC/DC Premium, arrived yesterday around 2:00pm. My un-boxing was uneventful (I took my time and actually read the directions). Putting the ball in the lower playfield was easy. The hardest thing I did was move the outlane posts to the most conservative position. Not hard really, but a little awkward trying to work under the ramps and being careful not to scratch anything.

I did have one problem. A pop bumper was occasionally firing on it's own. The fix is to adjust the leaf switch. On my 1st attempt I didn't adjust enough, and on my second I adjusted too much, and it stopped working completely. But just like Goldilocks, the 3rd try was just right. Now, everything is dialed in working 100% perfect. SO FUN to play!! With the exception of a few breaks and beer runs, I played until about midnight.

I've just started going through some of the adjustments. Holy crap, there are 100's of 'em in the menu. Any suggestions for what should be changed, or should I leave most everything at factory defaults for now?

#2 11 years ago

Congrats. I envy you. I've only got about 5 games on mine since setup. Been on child duty all day so far.

I'm tuned in on the settings.

#3 11 years ago

Been on child duty all day so far.

I have a solution

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have a solution

Lol nice

#5 11 years ago

When I got my AC/DC BIB from the factory last year, it would not turn on. I traced the issue to the black power cord wire inside the cabinet. It was not properly soldered during assembly. Since then, knock on wood, no issues.

#6 11 years ago

Any one else close their outlanes?
This game is kicking my butt!

#7 11 years ago

I got mine yesterday. Got it all setup and the only issue so far is two bulds popping out during play. I installed under cab lighting, speaker LEDs and acrylics, the Hemi TNT and cannon mods, Cliffy shooter lane protectors, tournament button, and the Hells Bells decal above the bell. I have about 50 plays on it so far and I'm loving it!!!!

#8 11 years ago

I closed my outlanes after the first day, don't think it helps too much but better than nothing. I've also heard of people <ducks under desk> who replace the outlane post with a double star post.

My only problem with the purchase is I never got plumb bob for the tilt in my order!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I got mine yesterday. Got it all setup and the only issue so far is two bulds popping out during play. I installed under cab lighting, speaker LEDs and acrylics, the Hemi TNT and cannon mods, Cliffy shooter lane protectors, tournament button, and the Hells Bells decal above the bell. I have about 50 plays on it so far and I'm loving it!!!!

Wow busy day. I am the king of not installing mods. Have a shaker, mirrored lightning bolts, guitar, mirror blades, and cannon mod all sitting there waiting. Oh and the full FF speaker kit just sitting waiting for me to get off my butt.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Wow busy day. I am the king of not installing mods. Have a shaker, mirrored lightning bolts, guitar, mirror blades, and cannon mod all sitting there waiting. Oh and the full FF speaker kit just sitting waiting for me to get off my butt.

Haha! I did the exact opposite...I installed all of that (and more) before I even plugged the machine in.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I closed my outlanes after the first day, don't think it helps too much but better than nothing. I've also heard of people <ducks under desk> who replace the outlane post with a double star post.
My only problem with the purchase is I never got plumb bob for the tilt in my order!

Installing the star posts rock (upper post, not bottom).

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

My first NIB purchase, AC/DC Premium, arrived yesterday around 2:00pm. My un-boxing was uneventful (I took my time and actually read the directions). Putting the ball in the lower playfield was easy. The hardest thing I did was move the outlane posts to the most conservative position. Not hard really, but a little awkward trying to work under the ramps and being careful not to scratch anything.
I did have one problem. A pop bumper was occasionally firing on it's own. The fix is to adjust the leaf switch. On my 1st attempt I didn't adjust enough, and on my second I adjusted too much, and it stopped working completely. But just like Goldilocks, the 3rd try was just right. Now, everything is dialed in working 100% perfect. SO FUN to play!! With the exception of a few breaks and beer runs, I played until about midnight.
I've just started going through some of the adjustments. Holy crap, there are 100's of 'em in the menu. Any suggestions for what should be changed, or should I leave most everything at factory defaults for now?

Most important:
Insults MAXIMUM
Family mode OFF
Shaker MAXIMUM

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have a solution

I look at that, and then at your picture, and think "That's something Mac would say."

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheGamer:

I look at that, and then at your picture, and think "That's something Mac would say."

Sweet Dee gave the go ahead signal

#15 11 years ago

Most important:
Insults MAXIMUM
Family mode OFF
Shaker MAXIMUM

Thanks for tip! I had turned off family mode, but didn't notice anything different. I had to search the forum here to get some idea what it did (more girls in the car? ..is that it?). I'll turn insults to max - love Steve's callouts.

I haven't installed a shaker. Is it worth the $ to do it?

And let me add one thing. Last night the wife and I stayed up 'till 3:00am playing and drinkin' - OMG! She has never enjoyed playing any of my other pins before. We had a blast!! She was impressed...and that's saying something.

DSC05038.JPGDSC05038.JPG

#16 11 years ago

Shaker is a must IMO.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Thanks for tip! I had turned off family mode, but didn't notice anything different. I had to search the forum here to get some idea what it did (more girls in the car? ..is that it?). I'll turn insults to max - love Steve's callouts.
I haven't installed a shaker. Is it worth the $ to do it?
And let me add one thing. Last night the wife and I stayed up 'till 3:00am playing and drinkin' - OMG! She has never enjoyed playing any of my other pins before. We had a blast!! She was impressed...and that's saying something.

Family mode cuts out bad words. If you tilt it while playing shook me all night long,he'll say"HOLY SH\T YOU SHOOK ME"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-nib-arrived-yesterday-only-one-small-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.