(Topic ID: 78172)

AC/DC: New original translite, meet Helen! (New March run)

By Aurich

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSCN2462.JPG
9200.1.jpg
20141216_223216.jpg
image-396.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6002.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
acdcHelen.jpg
image.jpg
20150204_082537.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMAG0589.jpg
IMAG0588.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punisherslemc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#41 10 years ago

I am in! Great job

I still have that pinball refinery pro if I can help you test fit

Jim

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I actually started this project as a decal for the Pro playing field. I asked why no one had done one to cover that hated face, and kvan99 suggested I should just do it myself. I don’t even own AC/DC, but it sounded like a fun challenge after banishing Baldwin on The Shadow, and that’s when I starting tinkering with the drawing. It seemed too good to limit to just a decal and Pro owners, and the translite was born.
Updated 1/24:
Still ironing out the details on the decals, might do a couple variations to make a package or something, I'll know more when we finish testing the decal material, doing that right now. But the designs will look something like these. Stay tuned, will update more soon.

Dig that PF sticker and would be down for 1

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, I can't remember exactly what they look like, but he opted for a little bit more of a realistic flame design, no? As opposed to mine, which are more kustom kulture hot rod flames.

You are correct sir

1013197_10203015268329448_1210790422_n.jpg1013197_10203015268329448_1210790422_n.jpg

#242 10 years ago

Agree - I would be down for Helen apron decals too.. Are you going to upload the PDF for the Pro cards?

Thanks,
Jim

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whoops, forgot there are two versions, thanks for reminding me. Pro version without the lower playfield text here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/acdc-cards-pro.pdf

Thank you my friend

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're welcome! Now keep in mind that I did go to UC Santa Cruz, but I keep seeing the One Ring in your Avatar and thinking it's a banana slug.

Changed my Avatar just for you

#316 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

These are subject to change, I'll post more detailed images when they're final, but thinking the apron decals might look something like this (click to enlarge):

I might redo the right instruction card (I'll leave the current version uploaded for anyone to print though) and take Helen off it, make the rules a little easier to read instead. A little too much with the other devil girls there I think. I dunno, I'll sort it out.
Big thanks again to Buckman for scanning his stock decals for me.
I think we've figured out a way I can print these die cut for both Pro owners who also want the face replacement decals, but also separate for Premium/LE owners. I need to sit down and really look at the costs, but I could add them to a translite order for probably $10 or something reasonable I think. They'll be the same nice thin and glossy material as the playfield ones, and removable if you ever don't want them on anymore.
Let me know what you think, if people want them I'll make it happen as part of everything.

apron-decal-peek.jpg 294 KB

I want an apron set and the new cards and the playfield decals to go with my Helen translite please! Great job!

#317 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Would it be difficult to remove the original apron decals and put the new ones on?

No they peel off and reposition nice - I have a translucent apron that the decals came off my original just fine

My Hemi Pinball Refinery AcDc Pro #2

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I tweaked the apron decals, I think they're good to go. Redid her eyes, added the beauty mark, changed the shading, other minor crap. There are a million ways I could have done this, lots of them probably good, but this is the one I chose and I'm gonna call it done unless I spot a mistake or something so I can keep this ball rolling.
apron-decals.jpg 107 KB

I'm In like Flynn - stellar work Bro

#351 10 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403949343189768/

I shared your amazing translite and apron cards with FB hope it generates a ton of orders!

#357 10 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Let me know when the translite arrives. I'll make an interactive BB for you customized to that translite.

Thanks Gio!!!!

FYI to everyone else - I own a Pinball Refinery pro modded to the max and they made an interactive backbox kit and undercab that is out of this world for the machine (PBR AC/DC pro #2) - I ordered the Helen kit as Aurich did an AMAZING job - now I will still have an amazing machine, thanks again Aurich and Gio and PBR!!

2 weeks later
#590 10 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

you have to move the heat sink down slightly. it's normal practice when you mount a light board.
stan

I did not have to move mine at all when I installed the Pinball Refinery LED interactive backbox kit

#611 10 years ago

I can't wait - already got new glass and channel to make this translite separate! My Pinball refinery awaits the transformation into Helen

#619 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Good idea. Where do you buy them from? Pinball life?

Yes and the glass I had cut at a hardware store

#649 10 years ago

Great news waiting and have the camera ready!

#660 10 years ago

Woo hoo Helen on the way to MN she is gonna freeze those nips off

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punisherslemc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen?tu=punisherslemc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.