(Topic ID: 78172)

AC/DC: New original translite, meet Helen! (New March run)

By Aurich

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSCN2462.JPG
9200.1.jpg
20141216_223216.jpg
image-396.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6002.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
acdcHelen.jpg
image.jpg
20150204_082537.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMAG0589.jpg
IMAG0588.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider master_of_chaos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#50 10 years ago

It would be awesome if you create a decal WITH the so called "hated face" so that premium and le owners can use this to replace this "something" in the lower playfield with original LP artwork

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's so crazy it just might ... actually no, it's just crazy.
My favorite part of Luci is actually the new lower playfield art, that would be a sweet thing to work on, but I just don't think it would be worth the effort, not that many people would want to take apart their lower playfield to try a swap. A translite is dead simple, even people scared of screwdrivers can do that.

I don´t think that´s too crazy.
i am not the only one beeing disappointed that the agnus face ( which is a part from the "highwy to hell" cover ) did´nt make it on the "hell" playfield.

And if someone will offer an replacement for the piece of crap that is actually used , i will buy it.

As for the score cards: i am with smassa. change the point regarding for those about to rock to load the cannon.
compleeting f-i-r-e will avctivat song jackpot and has nothing to do with the song.

I must think over ordering the translite..

#127 10 years ago

Hello Aurich
is this now the final version of the translite?

Andreas

#199 10 years ago

If i would have a pro version and if i would be unlucky with angus face, i would choose the overlay in the middle.
But it would fit better if you zoom in a littke bit so the horns fits exactly as angus does.i think its not necessary to see the whole face of hellen.

#322 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Does this refer to the lower playfield decal for AC/DC Premium? If so, I am definetely in with those decals as well!

#377 10 years ago

I dont know what the designer of the lower playfield artwork has had in his mind while using the square inserts to create a kind of face.
As mentioned, this would be ok for iron man. But not in this machine.

Unfinished artwork, i guess.

Why Not using angus devil face from the Rock n roll train video?

#381 10 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Have people forgotten about this already? It's supposed to be the Angus face exactly like on the Pro, with the three rectangular inserts being his eyes and mouth. At least it was until the Pinside uproar about how ugly it looked on the Pro.

No, not forgotten.
In fact, i never disliked angnus face.
But what i ment was that the now available design looks not as if it was spend a lot of time to create an alternate solution.

#396 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Did I mention new spinner decals too?

Hmm. a little bit toooooo much Hellen ?

Spinner should be designed for "war machine"

#397 10 years ago

how thick is the overlay ? on other machines i have placed a protection film from 3m with 0.2mm thickness..

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=vvvvv8YbnG3W59Xx60J159cZIZYUIGYbkZwvIZwvIvvvvvv--

and if the ball is slow, it will be affected.

#427 10 years ago

Would it be possible to offer only the cutted mylar witout any print on it ?

so everyone could protect the lower playfield plastic ...

i would be in with 3 or 4 ..

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, I know this sounds crazy anal, but you just have to bear with me, it's just how I do things. I redid the flames on the Helen spinner, they were too jumpy, should animate on spin smoother now.
I also added a second spinner design for people burned out on using her face all over, using the excellent suggestion made earlier of making it War Machine themed. Keeps the color scheme and flames, but feels like its own beast with a lightning bolt and tank/cannon. Pick whichever you like.
The spinner decals will be included with the apron cards.
They will also be included, along with the apron cards, with the 3 pack of Helen playfield face-covers.

This - is - awsome

have i understood this right ? you will place all three face-covers in one pack ? so no additional costs?

1 month later
#945 10 years ago

received my Translite saturday aftenoon
Very well packed as assumed .

A friend of mine already has installed the apron decals and he had the peeling effect as mentioned here before.
I think, it would be an idea to leave the original decals attached on the apron and protect the first with a clear protection film .
So the adhesive surface will be enlarged and you can still remove the decals if you want go back to original.

helen.jpghelen.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider master_of_chaos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen?tu=master_of_chaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.