(Topic ID: 78172)

AC/DC: New original translite, meet Helen! (New March run)

By Aurich

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSCN2462.JPG
9200.1.jpg
20141216_223216.jpg
image-396.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6002.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
acdcHelen.jpg
image.jpg
20150204_082537.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMAG0589.jpg
IMAG0588.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kid_ego.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#135 10 years ago

I can't imagine having an ACDC and not getting one of these, either to replace the current band photo or to hang on the wall.

It's going to make my ACDC fit in so much better with the Metallica sitting right next to it.

Great job, Aurich!

Is this going to be a "one and done" on the printing run, meaning it will be a bit of a collectible as well (and adding to the reason everyone should buy one now...while they can)?

1 week later
#386 10 years ago

That decal looks amazing!

I've never been that critical of the Angus in the center of the playfield, but after seeing how it looks with the decal applied, I'm going to notice it even more each time I play.

I guess I need the translite AND the decal.

Was it fairly easy to apply without getting a bubble underneath? Is it thin enough to not really affect the ball? Is it removable? (Sorry if I missed answers to these as I tried to scan and catch up on the new posts in this thread.)

Amazing job on this stuff, Aurich! Was disappointed to see Luci released after I'd bought my Pro, but I think Helen will make me forget all about her.

#443 10 years ago

Already pm'd about being 'in' for a translite.

Any chance you could post a price list on the other items that have been added as options (playfield sticker, spinner sticker, cards, etc.)? Then I can figure out what else I'm 'in' for (both with Aurich...and my wife).

Need to know how much this Helen-ification of my Pro is gonna cost me.

#471 10 years ago

Simply f'n AMAZING!

This package is going to turn my Pro into a showpiece!

And all for $155 shipped to my door?!? Off the f'n charts!!!

Aurich deserves a round of...

1 month later
#705 10 years ago

The new translite really makes ACDC fit in better between the artwork on XM and Metallica. (Got a signed 'monster' translite from Stern.)

Of course, I failed to read the instruction sheet before installing the translite. Didn't realize it had a protective film. I think it looks great as-is (lights up very nicely). Anybody else not realize there was a film on it?

image-527.jpgimage-527.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Now to find some isopropyl alcohol to get those stickers on. I'll post another pic after I get them on.

Thanks again, Aurich!

#711 10 years ago

It did give me a good "teaching moment" with my 8 year old who is home sick with me today.

I explained how you should always read the directions first. Or maybe it was my son who said it after I read the sheet and told him we didn't remove the film. So it was actually an 8 year old telling a 44 year old to read the directions first next time.

I'll be back...

#714 10 years ago

Ok...let's try this again.

Protective film removed and decals applied. Great job on the quality of the decals, because it took me about 8x to get it applied with no air bubbles (ain't looking too close at it again just in case).

Well worth it though!

image-356.jpgimage-356.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#723 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The broken glass one is my favorite, love seeing photos of that one installed.

Agreed! The broken glass one is just such an amazing addition to the play field!

My wife just got home, and even she was impressed.

You said you had extra decal sheets, right? Not that anything will ever happen to the decal I applied, but that shattered glass one is so amazing, I feel like I might need a backup just in case. Because now that it's on there, I can't imagine it without it.

#757 10 years ago

Amazing what this combo of translite/decals did for the overall look of it.

Every time I go downstairs, I just can't stop staring at her. Hopefully my wife doesn't get jealous.

Best. Mod. Ever.

#771 10 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

Got mine yesterday. It looks sicckkkkk. Nice job. I will install the decals today. It looks like there are a lot of metallicas right next to them. Looks good.

Hadn't noticed, but you're right. Quite a few Metallica's sitting to the right of Helen's! They're a match made in...wait for it...Hell!

#812 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I noted that in the instructions.

Instructions? You mean the ones that talked about that protective film?

#819 10 years ago

Just checked my apron decals (had applied them over the old ones). They were peeling up quite a bit.

Removed the new ones, the stock ones, and reapplied the new ones directly to the apron. They started to peel up immediately.

My basement is fairly cool (60 degrees), so I don't know if that plays a part in the peeling.

And I just stuck the stock apron decals on the decal sheet where I had removed the "broken glass" Helen.

#821 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Might have lost too much tack to the old apron decals. I'll take care of you.

Not to pile on you about the instructions (honest!) but I really didn't expect people to just try and stick over their old decals. If I'd made the adhesive strong enough for that to work then it would have wrecked the old ones when you tried to take off the Helens later, so there's just no winning answer for leaving them on.

Don't worry about it, Aurich. Until seeing people discuss in this thread pulling up the old ones without any issue, I was afraid to try.

I'm still open to buying another sheet from you anyway, because I ever so slightly "nicked" the left "horn" of the broken glass one on one of my many attempts to get it down without air bubbles. Something only I would ever notice.

If I do buy another one from you, can you include a sheet with instructions on reading the instruction sheet before proceeding. Or just put the package to the attention of my son.

#831 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I know we've all seen pictures of the translite in our machines, how about one from a swapbox? Looks awesome Aurich!

That looks awesome! I really gotta get me one of those swapboxes (or two) for the basement.

But the two translites I wanna hang up are "uncut" ones direct from Stern. Makes it hard to figure out what to do with them (assume they're more collectible left uncut).

Swapboxes come with directions even an 8 year old can follow, right?

#937 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Damn...now I gotta take it apart and peel off the protective layer! I thought it felt different when I was installing it. No big thing.
Great work Aurich thanks much. I should have cleaned the red apron before installing the apron decals. My bad.

See, Aurich, I'm not the only one that set aside that piece of paper with all those words. In-struct-shuns or something, I think you called it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kid_ego.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen?tu=kid_ego and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.