(Topic ID: 78172)

AC/DC: New original translite, meet Helen! (New March run)

By Aurich

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSCN2462.JPG
9200.1.jpg
20141216_223216.jpg
image-396.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6002.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
acdcHelen.jpg
image.jpg
20150204_082537.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMAG0589.jpg
IMAG0588.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#991 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ok dumb question. The directions say to tap the power down in the cabinet. I also need to hook up my TRC mod here. Splitters are out of stock. Anywhere else to buy them?

12v / 5v power splitters should be added to pinballtoppers.com stock tonight.

UPDATE: IN STOCK! Ignore the "Out of Stock" and it will still let you add it to your cart. The "Out of Stock" will be fixed later this evening.

http://pinballtoppers.com/STERN.html

1 week later
#1022 10 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Am I the first to send Helen down to Hell?

image-424.jpg 194 KB

Looks great...now how about a pic with the inserts lit up?

I had wondered why no one had suggested this before (as I think the default lower playfield looks much worse than the Angus face on the default Pro), but I speculated the big, blocky Iron Man looking inserts would kill anything you put down there.

What would have been really sweet is if the game would have been designed to have some artwork covering the lower playfield...and then when the lower playfield was used it would light up so you could then see the lower playfield through the top artwork. I would guess there is a material that would allow that, but without the support of the lighting (to only light up when the lower playfield was in use)....I'm guessing it would have had to have been a factory implemented design.

#1026 10 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Sure here ya go. Sorry about the flash, my gameroom is dark. The orbit inserts are not shown on but they are easily seen when lit as well.

image-912.jpg 200 KB

image-566.jpg 148 KB

It looks much better lit than I was expecting. If a decal would be specifically made with the inserts in mind....I'd say it would be another one knocked out of the park.

Would it be possible to make a duel layer decal for the lower playfield? That way you could make the lower playfield decal re-design so it lines up with the inserts and light up more appropriately.

The bottom layer of the decal would be complete light blocking except for where the inserts are. You could make these transparent areas in the shape of the decals eyes and lips. The arrow inserts could just be transparent arrows. The top layer of the decal would be the artwork on the same "let the light through: material that it is now.

That way you would get a nice artwork design and the inserts would light up appropriately with the decal artwork when the inserts are lit. Imagine what you are seeing in the above picture except the eyes and lips would light up in eye and lip shapes when the inserts are lit.

#1037 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Foil (aka aluminum foil) blocks light amazingly well. An adhesive backed foil cutouts could do that job pretty well.

If that were done...the only real use of the foil would need to be in parts that had insert area that you didn't want to show through the art. The lower "light blocking" layer I mentioned earlier wouldn't be needed at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.