(Topic ID: 78172)

AC/DC: New original translite, meet Helen! (New March run)

By Aurich

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSCN2462.JPG
9200.1.jpg
20141216_223216.jpg
image-396.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6002.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
acdcHelen.jpg
image.jpg
20150204_082537.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMAG0589.jpg
IMAG0588.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

461 posts in this topic match your search for posts by aurich. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Update March 17th: Doing another small run, PM me if you're interested.

Before I say anything else I just have to state that I started this project mid-November 2013. Stern announced Luci at the beginning of December, a few weeks later. I’m not claiming my idea is super original, I was just playing with a stock art pinup drawing that I converted into a devil girl, (and yes, I know Coop’s work, and didn’t intentionally combine the Hell Ain’t A Bad Place To Be with a devil girl after him, saw he did that later too) it all seemed to just make sense for AC/DC. Obviously I didn’t finish it fast enough and Luci came out, so it goes, but I wasn’t intentionally trying to ape what Stern did. Just had to get that off my chest!

Some of you may be familiar with my Shadow alternate translite. I’ve a lot of fun with it, and have a ton of really positive feedback from it (thank you everyone). I’m working with a great printer, really nice professional quality photographic translites, they light up beautifully, not washed out like some crappy eBay ones. It seemed natural to try it again.

Stern has Luci, and I love what they’re doing. By all means go buy it if you want one! If you’ve already got an AC/DC and want a hot devil girl of your own, then meet Helen.

translite.jpgtranslite.jpg

(All credit to Rarehero for naming her, thanks, I love it. Click to enlarge and see in higher quality!)

I’m going to do this just like I did the Shadow translite, I’ll start a pre-order list for anyone who’s interested. If I get enough names I’ll put in the order. When it ships to me I’ll ask everyone for their payment, and then by the time people have paid I’ll have the prints and will break them down and send to everyone Priority mail. Like I did with the Shadow I’m also including a set of custom instruction cards with each one.

So if you want to commit to buying one just PM me.

Price is $125 shipped in the US.

International orders are $150 shipped. Sorry for the price increase, but I ship these flat-packed (not rolled in tubes) Priority International, and that’s how much more it costs to send.

Edit: Figured out I could lower international shipping by $5, adjust price accordingly to $150 instead. Still more, but hey, saved you 5 bucks!

#2 10 years ago

Updated 2/4:

Here are the final packages and prices for the translite, the apron and spinner decals, and the 3-pack of Angus-face-covering playfield decals.

Translite + apron cards: $125 shipped in US, + $25 for international ($150)
Decal option 1 (2 apron, 4 spinner): $10 w/ translite purchase ($15 without in US, international unknown)
Decal option 2 (3 angus cover decals, 2 apron, 4 spinners) $30 w/ translite purchase ($45 without in US, international unknown)

Packages.jpgPackages.jpg

Detail of the playfield decals:

final-decals.jpgfinal-decals.jpg

Detail of the apron decals:

apron-decals.jpgapron-decals.jpg

The spinners:

spinner-warmachine2.gifspinner-warmachine2.gifspinner-helen.gifspinner-helen.gif

#3 10 years ago

When I did the Shadow project I thought it would be cool to have new instruction cards that matched, to make it feel more like a factory design. So I did the same thing this time, every translite order will also ship with a set of cards. You'll get three, because the rules for the Pro and Premium/LE are different (the lower playfield) so no matter what machine you have you'll be set.

I thought that for guests it would be nice if the song rules were easier to read, so rather than cram it all on one card I broke the rules across both of them, and the songs get their own jukebox-themed card that's hopefully easier to parse.

instruction-cards.jpginstruction-cards.jpg

Edit: I've uploaded the cards for people to print themselves for free too. Also included a blank song one for customizing your own songs. See here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen/page/2#post-1402812

Edit2: Added PDF versions of both cards on one sheet, these are easy to print at the right size without a graphic program or anything, just open PDF and print.

Pro:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/acdc-cards-pro.pdf

Premium/LE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/acdc-cards.pdf

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

This looks cool Aurich! My wife would never let me put it on my AC/DC though...

My wife posed for me so I could get the nipple placement right.

I don't want to seem like I'm competing with Luci, it wasn't intentional, and I love that Stern did a new package with hand drawn art and brought the sexy back and everything, but I do kinda wish they'd gone all out and gave her nipples like all the classic backglasses had. I intentionally put Helen's on in an in-your-face kind of way (along with magic bra blondetall, she borrowed it from Elvira) because why half ass it?

Either you want a half-naked devil woman with erect nipples on your game, or it's not your thing (or not compatible with wife or kids), I can respect it either way.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Looks great. Would love to see one installed on a premium, any chance on pics?

I unfortunately don't own AC/DC. I have a test print of the translite sitting here, it's a slightly older version that's missing a few details (I hadn't added the fishnet sleeves yet for instance) but it's pretty close. I'm going to test it tonight at a friend's house, but he doesn't have AC/DC either, I just don't have any Sterns to make sure I got the size right etc. Probably going on his WPT.

I'm sure rarehero or someone else I know with a Premium would be happy to let me test, but he's a bit of a drive from my house, so I'd have to find time to get over there. If I can get any photos I'm happy to do it. I can find an existing photo and photoshop it in too just so you can see it in context, I'll work on that.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Look's great. In fact, If you could make Helen into the over-lay for Angus's big head on the Pro, you could make that a package for the Pro owner's.

That's the plan! If you have a Pro and are interested in that idea let me know, I started a list for it. I'll post more details on the decals shortly though, so if you want to wait that's fine.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I would buy those instruction cards if you made some available...

So I debated whether or not to include the cards in the package, or just upload them for people to print themselves. It seemed best to make it complete and include them, doesn't cost me a lot to print them, and then people don't have to deal with it themselves.

I could just do both I guess? I definitely don't mind sharing, but the rules are across both, so you'd have to use the Helen card too to have them complete. I don't think people who are ordering it would mind if I gave the cards away for free. Anyone have a problem with that?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

One quick question for the rules card. My TL and cards would be going on location. Any chance to have actual pricing on the card instead of 'Free Play'?

Yes, I did this with my Shadow cards too for HighProtein, as long as you don't mind printing them yourself I can do a design with actual pricing. PM me with your prices and I'll work it out.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ya, that Angus Mug was one of the main reasons I didn't get ACDC.

lol, I know people hate it, I'm gonna try my best to fix it. I've got a test decal on my EATPM right now, seems to work fine as far as the ball going over it, but my printer and I are still trying to figure out if there's a better material to print it on.

I've been trying to find someone local with a Pro so I can test the fit, but everyone I know has the Premium or LE. Snobs!

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Oh, and spell it "Hellen."

Heh, several of you are saying that. I dunno, it seemed a little too obvious or something.

#51 10 years ago

Thanks, got you on the list.

There's a minimum print run for these things, but at the rate people are signing up I'm not worried about hitting it soon. Once we hit that number I'll leave it open long enough to make sure no one else is signing up, then probably buffer a few extras for any last minute folk. Like listening to popcorn in the microwave, you want to pull it when the pops slow down, but not wait until it's all quiet.

Thanks everyone, appreciate it!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

It would be awesome if you create a decal WITH the so called "hated face" so that premium and le owners can use this to replace this "something" in the lower playfield with original LP artwork

That's so crazy it just might ... actually no, it's just crazy.

My favorite part of Luci is actually the new lower playfield art, that would be a sweet thing to work on, but I just don't think it would be worth the effort, not that many people would want to take apart their lower playfield to try a swap. A translite is dead simple, even people scared of screwdrivers can do that.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Are you posting the cards or do you want to sell them? I have a Luci coming and hope they look good on her as well.
Thanks

I'll post them for free and people can print their own, and still include them with the translite for orders too. I haven't made the Pro version of the cards yet that has the lower playfield rule removed, so I need to do that first.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

damn you, now i'm gonna have to spend more money.
skin looks better than pepto luci.
i have no problem with angus face on my pro but if you make a decal might as well go with the full kit.
if you do how much for the full kit, decal, translite and instruction cards?
can't wait to see some pics with the translite installed on ac/dc.
i wanna see how your orange blends in with the machine.

Problem is I don't actually know what my decal costs are going to look like yet, so I can't really promise anything. My plan without knowing the details was to offer them as a pack, with a handful inside, maybe some design variations. That way you could pick your fav, or if one does get worn you could replace it. I'm working on it, talking to my printer about it more tomorrow.

I noted down your name for being interested in such a thing, we can talk. Can always PM me too if you have questions.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

On the custom cards I would change "For those about to Rock" to load the cannon.
Cards and translite look sick!!!

Thanks, I don't own AC/DC, and I've only casually played it, so I would love it people could help me correct any mistakes, or make things clearer, I just went off what I researched. I thought the stock cards with the game weren't very clear, so I tried to fix them.

Here are the cards, please don't try and print these, they're too low rez, I promise when they're done I'll upload nice ones for people to print for free, with all the fixes, and a variation for the Pro owners.

card-rule-fixes.jpgcard-rule-fixes.jpg

Edit: Changing bottom rule on the right to:

Lower Playfield * Select one of the three "Hell" songs to light the mini playfield, shoot song shots to enter.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

This is the only problem I can see with this whole thing. You've got to find a way to change that sentence to read:
"I fortunately own AC/DC"!!!!!
Just have to find a way to get a few of those letters out of the original sentence and it's all good

Hahaha. Need to ask my CPA if I can write one off on my taxes for development work!

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Those instruction cards are the bomb.
They would look great to go with my Custom Jukebox plastics.
If you want to sell them I understand, but if not, and you could post the file for download so we can change the song titles, that would be fantastic.

I'm going to post them for free. If you want to modify them yourself I will not mind. Alternately I think I'll charge $10 to make you a custom digital file with your songs that you can print. I'd offer to do that for free too, but it's a bit of a pain, and if a bunch of people asked for it I just don't have the free time right now to do all the editing, generating files etc.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Looks awesome. Can I still order next month? Paying for a lot of mods this month.

With the timing of things, waiting for the pre-orders, doing the printing, etc, I won't ask anyone for money before Feb.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Translite is awesome, can't wait to see the decal. When's the big reveal going to be?

Haha, I don't want to hype that part too much, it's the same art just framed in the window shape, with maybe some small touches. I was just waiting until I knew more about the printing/material, I can't quote a price or anything yet.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

I think it all looks awesome. Nice job. Were you considering making a couple of the Helen decals for the lower playfield like the new Luci has. That would be a great total package. I'll bet you could get quite a few people who would want to order them.

I hadn't thought about that, not owning AC/DC means I'm not looking at it. I dunno, it's a cool idea, but I wonder how many people are willing to take their lower playfield off. And I don't really want to steal ideas from Luci, which might sound funny, but it's bad enough my idea got kinda trumped by Stern.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

first thought was, thats Purgatori from Lady Death.

lol nice. Helen is much sweeter than that, Purgatori doesn't look very cuddly.

#87 10 years ago

Okay, new plan! I am posting the cards for people to freely print. If you have no graphical skills at all, I will make you a custom song card for $10. But if you have even a simple image editing program I'm including a card with all the song names blank, and you can simply type over them yourself. Easy! Due to a couple requests I am also including a version of the "Helen" card with no signature, and no Free Play message.

Each card should be printed at 300 dpi to come out the right size. If that's greek to you we can help you out. Alternately if you order the translite I'm including pre-printed cards in it for those who don't want to deal with making their own.

Download the zip here with 4 high quality JPEGs in it.

A preview of what they look like:

helen-card-grid.jpghelen-card-grid.jpg

Edit: Added PDFs to make printing easier too, these print at the exact right size with no fuss:

Pro: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/acdc-cards-pro.pdf

Premium/LE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/acdc-cards.pdf

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That is awesome. Thanks for the download.
Can't wait to see these on my machine with Shoot to Thrill and Dirty Deeds et all.

I almost linked them in your jukebox thread, but I didn't want to highjack it. Would go well with your project though.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

2. Due to the mismatched style & the black outline around it - it looks like a decal covering up a missing feature (which it is - the lower playfield from the Premium/LE)

Yeah, I don't know why that part wasn't planned better. They didn't have to black outline the window shape, just make it integrate with the rest of the art.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I have to agree with the size of Helen. Would be great to enlarge her a bit to giver her a bit more presence. Even the text could be slightly larger. Otherwise it's amazing work. The cards are absolutely perfect.

I think everyone will be happy when they see it in person, everything has a lot more impact at the actual size instead of a small image on the screen. I know I even felt that way when I first saw the test print.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Are printed cards still coming with translite orders?

Yes, definitely. I just had so many people wanting them, or wanting to customize them that I decided to just share them with everyone. Every order will still get printed cards.

#101 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Aurich, here is a tip from someone who has been through this twice.
Ask people to put their Pinside screen name in the Paypal notes section.
You would be surprised how many people send payment with almost no way to tell who it is from.

Haha yup. I've done this before myself with The Shadow. Half the time I see nothing in the notes area, and then get a PM from a nice Pinsider sheepishly admitting they forgot a minute later.

I keep everything organized in Excel by Pinside name, makes it easy to track people and PM if there's a problem or anything.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I may have to get one for my swap box . Nice work Aurich!

Just let me know! We're already gonna be good for the minimum order, so this is happening, but I'm going to leave the first run open until the order pace slows down, I hate having to tell someone "too late, should have PM'd me a few hours ago". But at some point obviously I need to just shut it down and put the order in, don't want to leave everyone hanging for too long. That's why I don't collect money until it ships to me, don't like holding people's cash longer than necessary.

#105 10 years ago

Just ran the test print of translite over to a friend's house since I don't have any Sterns right now. He doesn't have AC/DC, so stuck it on his WPT. Not exactly the same, but gives you an idea of what it looks like on a machine at least for now. Just a camera phone shot, so not exactly what it looks like it person, the phone sensor tends to make the florescent tube's uneven lighting exaggerated, so it's a little blown out in the middle, and a little dark at the top and bottom compared to real life.

This is an older version of the design, so don't pay too much attention to anything that seems different (like the missing fishnet sleeves for an obvious example) but the colors and design are virtually the same, close enough for this kind of testing.

wpt-test.jpgwpt-test.jpg

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Aurich, great work, but if I could recommend one thing. The lettering looks odd as the "AC" and the "DC" are not together.

Honestly I'm a little leery of using AC/DC's logo, so this was a way to do the design with a compromise. That's all done with a font, never touched their logo, which is rendered a little different. It's a bit of a dodge, but it makes me more comfortable, and I think it's visually interesting.

I'm happy with the design as is, the scale and balance feels good to me in person, once I got the test print I was happy. After people start ordering something I basically don't want to mess with things overmuch anyways, this forum knows all about pre-ordering something and then having it change, and no one likes that.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Dude, much respect for your work. I know this sounds silly but I would buy The Shadow because of your translite.

A couple people told me they actually did that! I consider it the highest compliment someone could give me. Thanks!

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

but for some reason the name HELEN reminds me of one of these ladies

Dude, she looks kinda devilish too!

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Nice cards. Thanks

You're welcome. It's all a trick to make you fall in love with Helen and buy my translite of course!

Seriously, since I rarely play AC/DC I can never remember the song/shot connections, so I figured a card that made it easy to look up would be a cool thing. For guests if not for yourself. I'd use it at your house!

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Sincere thanks for posting files so that those of us with custom songs can type in their names.
People like you that make this hobby great.

My pleasure. I was gonna charge for doing custom ones just because it's a pain and I wanted to discourage too many people from asking me, but when I realized I could do it this way and give it away instead I was much happier. It's always nice to be appreciated though, so thanks!

I do make money off my translites, but they're a ton more work, not mention have a lot more actual costs associated with them. The apron cards are just fun, I'll keep doing them even for games I don't own. I just posted my JP cards recently for instance, I don't own that one either, did them for a friend.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm one of those guys who loves the Angus face on my Pro... but I'm totally in for the 'Pro Package' of the translite and decal! Can you give us a faint tease of what the decal may look like?
Great work dude!

Tell you what, I'll post something tomorrow. I need to go pack Shadow translites tonight, no time to get images ready. I don't want to build them up too much.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Not sure if this is something that's possible or not, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Anything is possible.

I think it's a great idea actually. This is where not having a machine really hampers me though, they're odd shapes, I'd really need to scan them to be able to duplicate.

Tell you what though, if you can put down a credit card over one of them (blank out the numbers of course) and take a picture from as directly overhead as you can manage, so they're dead on in the camera view, not from an angle, I could work with that. The credit card is for scale and to allow me to square up against any lens distortion.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

If it were me I would use a ruler on the bottom and one on the high side. Of course with a straight on shot like you mentioned. Assuming he has two rulers lol.

Sure, that would work too. Credit card is just close by hand for most people, work just as well, it's a known size and squared off.

Shadow packed, calling it a night, thanks everyone for the great response today.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Aurich - shoot me a PM with your email if you'd like me to send the scans over as a different format.

Done! Thanks for the extra effort, I'll try and figure out something to do with those since you went through all that trouble.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

This thread is getting legs....love it.

The response from people I leaked it to early like yourself was what made me feel good about starting this thread.

#134 10 years ago

I've been getting some PMs asking about when people pay, and do they have to monitor this thread etc. Well if you are still reading this thread here's how it works:

I'll send out a mass PM to everyone when it's time, but I don't do that until after I've ordered the prints and my printer tells me they're about to ship to me. Then I collect the money while they're in transit and break down the package and send out to everyone.

So you'll get a message from me, no need to do anything, and I don't ask for money until the product exists.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Is this going to be a "one and done" on the printing run, meaning it will be a bit of a collectible as well (and adding to the reason everyone should buy one now...while they can)?

I won't intentionally limit it, but I do have minimum print runs, so at some point there aren't enough people interested and something is "done". With The Shadow it looks like this 3rd run is possibly the last one. Who knows with this. Could be a do a few runs, could be this first one is it and done. So it's not an artificial LE model, but if you think you can just pick one up later you might be disappointed is all.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Question . what is the printed material it is on.? is it same as original translite . plastic

These are photographic translites, printed on a glossy stock, with a diffuser layer behind. They're more like the old Williams tranlites than the Stern ones, they're a heavier weight stock. That's one reason I ship them flat instead of rolled in a tube.

They light up really nice, not like some of the cheapo eBay ones that wash out when you stick a light behind them. Everyone who bought my Shadow translite was really happy with the way they looked, and this is the same material, so I would expect people to be pleased this time too. I stand by my product if there are any issues though.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

To build on this.....any thought on maybe doing a complete apron wrap? I can already envision a wrap with flames and color changing LEDs underneath the flames to give it a tricked out effect.

To be honest that's not really my style, I like aprons cleaner and simpler, so not really something I'd do. If someone wants to develop an apron wrap that matches they totally have my blessing.

#143 10 years ago

Okay, as I've told a few people I realized that I needed to weigh some things, my international shipping extra charge was based on my experience with the Shadow translite, but that package had a speaker panel in it. The good news is without the speaker panel it drops under 2 pounds, and that shaves a little off the shipping. So I've lowered it by $5, now it's $150. Best I can do, but hey, $5 less isn't nothing I guess.

Edited opening post to reflect the new cost too.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

I want to buy this and put it on my wall until I get myself an AC/DC. Helen is my new phone wallpaper.

The only thing I'd say is when these translites aren't lit they're a little dark, they really need the backlight to pop. So if anyone actually wants to do that I would recommend a Swap Box or something else that is lit up.

You're the second person to say they're using this as phone wallpaper by the way, that's awesome, glad you like it.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i wonder if you do those triangles in static sticker format. People can just put them over the normal ones without worrying about damaging anything.

Hmm, the decal stuff I'm messing with now is removable, it's like a Fathead, sticky but only mildly so, it seems to peel off a playfield with no problems at least. I honestly don't know how it would do over a sticker though.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i didn't read all the replies but are you going to do a topless version?

lol, no. Her underboob tattoo will have to remain a mystery.

#153 10 years ago

Here are some decal concepts, with original on left. It's the same design, this is actually where Helen started, I didn't move her to become a translite until later. My printer is testing a thinner glossy decal this weekend, and then will send me a test if it looks good.

One on the right was just some fun, making it look like a Premium/Pro where the lower playfield window has shattered to reveal Helen underneath.

Helen-Decal-Concepts.jpgHelen-Decal-Concepts.jpg

#155 10 years ago

Oops, forgot one more, it's just a variation of her smaller to reveal more like the one on the right, but without the glass and heavy flames, for those who like more boobage.

Not sure what the plan is for these yet, but didn't want to keep them a secret since they're not some crazy new design or anything.

helen-no-glass.jpghelen-no-glass.jpg

#161 10 years ago

This new decal material sounds like a winner, my printer is feeling good about it. I don't know the costs yet though. I've gotta go to NYC for business next Tues-Fri, so I probably won't be able to test it until I get back. And I'm still trying to find a Pro to test fit it on. I've had some offers from out of towners, might need to take someone up on that.

I could probably work up a variation where the flames were providing a bit more modesty, have a full on and semi-safe version. But honestly this idea wasn't really about being too safe. I guess it's up to personal taste, my girls are 6 and 9 and have watched daddy design this, and my wife helped me pose for part of it, so it's not a problem in my house.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Aurich I'm in , add me to the list...

Done, thanks.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Nice work Aurich!

Sweet, thanks for the pic.

Hmm, they look a little small though, no? Did I screw up a dimension or did they not print full size? According to what I was told they should be 5.5"x3"

This is why I like designing for machines I actually own, I can just go measure and test myself.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

very Nice Aurich...looking sweet!. Send me a PM when you are in NY maybe we can grab a beer.
-Joe

Thanks Joe! I'm in NY next week actually, but I'm there for work and probably won't have much in the way of free time.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I like the Original the best. It seems to blend into the playfield the best. The one you posted with more "boob" later doesn't really look that good to me because of her arms being what fills in the horns. Just doesn't blend into the playfield very well.

Yeah, I hear that. I think they both have merits for different reasons, but the "Original" is actually the original vision. Horns inside the horns on the window etc. It's not a big deal to do a few different designs once they're printing, so people don't necessarily have to decide. If there's enough interest to run these I can just make a pack and you can choose after seeing them in person.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Trying to visualize it on the playfield. It will be great to see on a playfield (or photoshopped) where we can see the entire playfield. Love it compared to the original art though for sure. Since it will visually be the centerpiece art on the playfield, just interested to see a complete overall picture.

Oh yeah, for sure, I've got some old mockups I need to update. Basically I'm slightly behind on the decal, but I felt like the time was right to announce the translite instead of waiting, so I just went for it rather than trying to get it all set at once. Would have been easier, but I dunno, something about the tone of the forum made me think I shouldn't wait. Maybe it's the Luci folks all getting their pins now.

I'll do that for sure. I'd like to take a real photo too, still trying to locate a local Pro.

#180 10 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys, very helpful.

A few people have asked about decals for the lower playfield. I'll take a look at it next time I play someone's. No promises though.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from angus:

I'm on the fence for ordering one. How long until you close it out? I have to convince my wife it will look great in our pinbar.

I'm not 100% sure. The orders have slowed, but they're still steady. Some people aren't here every day like me. But I don't want to make everyone who's signed up wait too long. So maybe give it all of next week and then cut it off for the first run. Can do more later if there's still interest.

So you have some time I think, just let me know. I'm pulling for you!

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

I like the original and shattered glass. So is this decal something that would be more of a window tint style application where you use a soap/water solution and squeegee it on or a permanent sticker?

So I'm testing one now that isn't final, we just found something better, so I have to verify the new stuff (which is thinner) will act the same. But the plan is removable. Like a Fathead, tacky enough to stick down, but you can peel it back up to remove or adjust if you get an air bubble applying it. Takes a little careful working under the edge to get up, like enough to feel secure, but it comes up clean and easy, no residue that I can see.

I don't think you even need soap and water, just a squeegee or something like it would probably be enough, it's not that big and you can peel up to adjust if needed. I'll maybe start a thread to get a consensus and write up instructions.

I've got the test on my clearcoated Elvira right now. Not the final design, not the final material, but holding up great. You can see the edge of it just a little, new one is thinner to fix that. This one is matte, the new one is glossy, should match the playfield clear nicely. Even with this thicker one the ball goes over it clean, no problems.

eatpm-decal.jpgeatpm-decal.jpg

#183 10 years ago

I also thought this would make a bad ass topper, but I dunno anything about setting them up, might be more involved than I have time for.

topper.jpgtopper.jpg

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I am interested in a full ACDC Pro package price. So far, I think you just posted the translite price while you are sorting out the final specs and cost on the decal. Can I suggest you leave it open for orders pending a final description of what you would include in a complete package and full package price for those that want everything you are going to make. I would prefer to make a final decision and order based on that and get it all at once if possible.

Yeah, totally hear that. I was going to wait until the decal was done for that reason, but something made me feel like I should just go for it.

I'll sort it out as soon as I can, you're not the only one waiting for that. I've noted your name down on a list for combo folks in case I need to contact everyone with details.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Yes the topper should be topless. Were is laserific?

I honestly don't know what I'm doing with the topper idea. Maybe I'll talk to Laseriffic and see if he wants to help me with them, I don't know if there's even any demand for it. I just mocked it up because it sounded like fun.

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

That topper is amazing!!!! You need to contact Laseriffic!

I sent Joe a PM, maybe we can work something out.

#201 10 years ago
Quoted from HugTheMouse:

Awesome work! Thanks for the cards.

Happy to. Can anyone confirm they're the right size? Maybe I should have made them PDFs to help them print right.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Just read the opening post not the entire thread but is there a tits out option for this translight?

Sorry, pinups are cool, but full on topless isn't really my style.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I'm in. Nice to have a change of look for the machine.

Got you down, thanks.

#207 10 years ago

A few people have told me they're using the translite design for their phone wallpaper, so I when I was messing around last night I made a proper sized one for anyone who wants it.

Click to enlarge for full size. If you want one that Pinside hasn't compressed you can also grab it here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/Hellen-Phone-Wallpaper.jpg

Hellen-Phone-Wallpaper.jpgHellen-Phone-Wallpaper.jpg

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I like that her nose is a bit more defined with that Shadow/highlight you put there. That wasnt in the pics at the beg of the thread when i first read it right?

It was there, but wasn't quite as bright. One thing I'm doing now after seeing the test print is adjusting some of the colors/contrast, and I specifically went in and brightened up that particular highlight. That wallpaper image above is based on the latest version of the art. It's all subtle stuff, but I'm kind of obsessive that way. It's one reason these take so long, the main image gets done and then I spend forever tweaking it until I'm happy.

Quoted from Rickwh:

Apron cards for Met and or TFLE and id be there in a sec! I dont have a acdc or Shadow though... Hehe.

Can't say TF does a whole lot for me, the Bay films were kind of a giant turnoff compared to my childhood, I grew up with the cartoon. Metallica though, that I'm interested in, I might mess around with something for that someday. If I come across a good deal on a local Pro I'll probably pick it up, that would definitely motivated me!

#211 10 years ago

Ya...they are 5 1/4" ...will need to make another set. I guess I should say with this being tossed around lately, that they currently look EPIC

So wait what are the stock cards? 5.25" x 3"? I can adjust. Man, designing for a game I own is so much easier!

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The game is pretty awesome and has elements of the cartoon in it, to where it gives you the classic TF feel.

I just see the theme and I'm turned off, I dunno. I must not be the only one, looks like you gotta drop to $4000 or so now to move an LE. I've never actually played the game.

If I had a Metallica I'd be figuring out how to make all the songs be from just Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets and painting up my Sparky, that all sounds like fun. Not really a big fan of Dirty Donny, it's not so much that he's derivative, more that he doesn't even nail that aspect, but his Metallica work is easily also my least favorite thing I've seen him do. Spooky House, Beatniks, and Hellacopters art was much better. Part of that is the crap job Stern does with printing the playfield and plastics though, that's not really his fault I guess.

I dunno, I'm not really an ace illustrator, those skills are pretty rusty, I started with a stock drawing for AC/DC that I just turned into something more my own. Probably wouldn't have gone that route if I'd known I was going to spend so much time on it, would have started more original, but it was an easy way to play with an idea and I kinda got attached to it. So I don't want to shit talk too much here about talent. Stern doing hand drawn art should be applauded, not bitched about. Just wish he'd knocked it out of the part more, I think he's capable.

Would have been a coup if Stern had hired Pushead instead!

#223 10 years ago

Designing up a playfield sounds like a lot of fun actually. Working with the constraints of the ramps and toys etc, and figuring out how to lay out the inserts is totally the kind of design challenge I love. I look at things like the bottom of the AC/DC playfield, where someone just plopped some rounded rectangles, and think about how much better it could have been. Star Trek, for all it's cheesy beveled art, at least made an effort to make that area cohesive.

Someone asked me to help re-theme an AC/DC into an Iron Maiden pin, whole new art everywhere. I doubt I'd have the time for something like that, and it wouldn't be as much fun since the inserts couldn't really be changed, but still an intriguing project.

#228 10 years ago

I'm just not into doing topless versions guys, giant anti-gravity boobs with nipples you can see from across the room is as far as I go, sorry.

#230 10 years ago

So I'm heading to NY for a business trip tomorrow, through Friday. I'll keep tabs on email and this thread while I'm gone, but won't be as immediately responsive as I usually am, might take me hours instead of minutes to get back to you.

When I get back I'm going to close orders and put in the number with the printer, start the print run.

I hope to have an answer for the people who are interested in a decal package before then. I'll contact everyone who's on that list before I order and give them any updates I have and they can make an informed decision.

I need much smaller numbers than the first time to do a second run, so it's probably not a big deal if you miss the first run, I would expect to do at least one more assuming everyone reports back that they're happy. Which I expect!

#231 10 years ago

I had to do a work around to print them once uploaded...I'm sure the file was fine.

Would it be easier if I made them PDFs? Those should just print at the right size, no need to fiddle with graphics programs etc.

#234 10 years ago

Here are the cards on a single page PDF, about 4.6 megs:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/acdc-cards.pdf

I left the other two off since they're for more 'advanced' users who probably all have decent graphics software already. The PDF should open and print at the correct size on just about any computer, no messing around.

Let me know!

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Dig that PF sticker and would be down for 1

Testing the hopefully final version this week, I have a volunteer checking the size on a Pro playfield. I designed it over a scan (thanks Neo, your scans come in handy again!) so hopefully it's dead on, but with this kind of thing you never know, might have to adjust slightly.

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

After constantly staring at my ACDC now excited for the new cards and translate.... I too agree that all that is really left is those two little decals which are very weak., if you created even just some similar flame action to coincide with the cards and translate I would order the complete package... it would really bring all art together...

I've got templates now for the apron decals that are the exact right size, but I haven't done anything with them yet, and I dunno what the plan would be. It may not make economic sense to get them commercially printed, would need to have them each cut with their own dies, and I'm not sure if there's really enough demand or not to justify the costs.

I can look into it for sure though. Maybe there's a DIY option as a backup.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Some crossover with Joeraptor's flame speaker and cabinet side panels for AC/DC would be nice for sure

Hmm, I can't remember exactly what they look like, but he opted for a little bit more of a realistic flame design, no? As opposed to mine, which are more kustom kulture hot rod flames.

#241 10 years ago

Man even in that photo the apron decals look like ass, I see what you guys mean.

#249 10 years ago

Are you going to upload the PDF for the Pro cards?

Whoops, forgot there are two versions, thanks for reminding me. Pro version without the lower playfield text here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/acdc-cards-pro.pdf

#251 10 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

We're in and can cut them out ourselves as getting a custom dye made to cut them would be cost prohibitive for you.

Talking with my printer now, I think we could fit them on the sheet with the playfield face decals. But they wouldn't be available separately if you had a Premium and didn't want those. Maybe for that I could upload a PDF and you could print on label paper and self stick?

I dunno, still pondering. I haven't even designed anything for them yet.

#252 10 years ago

Thank you my friend

You're welcome! Now keep in mind that I did go to UC Santa Cruz, but I keep seeing the One Ring in your avatar and thinking it's a banana slug.

#253 10 years ago

Here are the final decal designs, we're testing the new material and fit on on Pinsider's Pro this week (thanks!). The plan, is to offer them as a 3 pack, maybe with apron decals too, and you can pick which look you like best, or switch it up later or whatever. Final details coming soon, including price.

1) Broken glass, that looks like the Premium/LE lower playfield has broken through to Hell (in a good way, hi Helen!).

2) Close up, more like the original Angus face, and this one is a little more modest with the crop and flames if you're maybe not in a house that's friendly to nipples on the playing field. Nothing wrong with that.

3) No glass and zoomed out a bit for more full body shot if that's more your thing.

The material is thin and glossy, sticks tight until you want to remove it, but comes up clean when you want it to.

I'll start a new thread when they're totally ready, and if you've PM'd me about wanting a decal/translite package I'll let you know when that's looking together etc.

Click to enlarge:
Helen-Decals-Final.jpgHelen-Decals-Final.jpg

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Looks great. Any plans for the mini playfield in the prem/LE? I really dislike the stock looking design and would love something a little nicer.

Not at the moment, I'd need to really look at how it's put together first and think about it I guess. What do you dislike about it?

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Can you by the glossy decal paper that it would need if we have to print our own?

Honestly I have no idea, this is commercial stuff, my guess is you can't use it in a home printer.

However I think I've solved the problem, and can offer commercial quality apron decals to non-pro owners. Just need to spend some time laying things out, pretty sure I can fit extras on the sheet.

#262 10 years ago

I'll try and look more carefully at the lower playfield next time I play a Premium or LE.

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I'd hate to miss out on Helen if you don't think you're all that serious about playing around with the other idea.

Honestly, no idea. I don't want to try and promise either way, because I haven't even looked at it beyond a "huh, yeah" response.

With your avatar you would!

#269 10 years ago

I gotta go pack for a trip to NY, gonna finally feel a little cold this winter.

I'll still be checking email, I'll make sure I have my spreadsheets on my laptop, and I'll poke into the forum when I can. I'll track any orders that come in via PM, no problem to message me, but if you don't hear from me right away that's why.

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

My personal preference is the less glossy paper simply because the factory cards aren't shiny looking and the photo paper and photo paper mode naturally prints higher quality than just plain paper mode.

Yeah, it's really a personal preference. I tend to like the glossier ones just because the cards I've been printing lately for my own machines have a lot of black, and you get a deeper saturation with the gloss. Once it's under the glass it doesn't really look shiny or anything. I have some nice HP photo paper I use for that stuff, it really makes a huge difference to use the nice photo paper, they can hold the ink droplets much better for a crisp image.

#283 10 years ago

If I can I'll try and work on the apron decals during my flight, gonna be 5 or 6 hours, might as well try and be productive. I did part of the Shadow translite on a plane too if I recall correctly.

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

i m in for translite and pf decals and apron combo, let me know when available!
thanks

Cool. Test decal on way to Pinsider with a Pro now, should get it shortly and we'll see if I got the fit right or not! If so we're in good shape, so fingers crossed.

#293 10 years ago

Chilling on the plane, designing the apron decals. Just grabbed a stock drawing before I got on the plane and I'm modifying it to look more like Helen, be a an effective quickie I think.

I was going to leave off the hold flippers for info text, no one actually needs that right?

#296 10 years ago

These are subject to change, I'll post more detailed images when they're final, but thinking the apron decals might look something like this (click to enlarge):

apron-decal-peek.jpgapron-decal-peek.jpg

I might redo the right instruction card (I'll leave the current version uploaded for anyone to print though) and take Helen off it, make the rules a little easier to read instead. A little too much with the other devil girls there I think. I dunno, I'll sort it out.

Big thanks again to Buckman for scanning his stock decals for me.

I think we've figured out a way I can print these die cut for both Pro owners who also want the face replacement decals, but also separate for Premium/LE owners. I need to sit down and really look at the costs, but I could add them to a translite order for probably $10 or something reasonable I think. They'll be the same nice thin and glossy material as the playfield ones, and removable if you ever don't want them on anymore.

Let me know what you think, if people want them I'll make it happen as part of everything.

#301 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Hmmm...I was thinking more of her in a sort of full body pose, like the 2 girls in the lower playfield of Luci. Especially since we already see a similar (waist up) view of her in the translite and cards. Still, an improvement of the stock decals.

Not a lot of room on those decals for a full body pose. Maybe something kind crammed into the shape, but not really feeling how that would look or how small they'd have to be to fit. I'll look at it more when I hit my hotel though, that was all just messing around on the plane.

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I think your right about Helen and her being too much together. I definitely think your close on your first try. I like that the new girl is in two different poses and not just a mirrored image. (Which is what I would have done lol) Helen is a better looking IMO than the new one but that's just me.

I just tweaked some stock drawing, how I was able to get it done on the flight. I'll probably keep messing with it we'll see. It is of course mirrored but with tweaks so it doesn't feel too much like it. Just waiting for my bag at JFK reading Pinside on my phone, look at it all again later.

#308 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The apron decals are killer. Don't change a thing... you already have my name for the Pro package, but add the apron decals as well. Glad to see ACDC Pro getting some much needed love.

Heh, this is why I usually try and only show things when they're totally done. No worries, love hearing ideas. Apron decals only happened because of feedback in this thread!

I don't think I'm going to spend a lot more time on the decals, I really need to lock things down so I can get the printing to happen, or I won't be able to actually get any of this stuff on your games. Nothing is going out unless I'm happy with it though.

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

I wish Stern would have hired you to do all of the art work. See if you can get in on some future titles!

I've said it before, haven't hid it, but just to be super super clear those apron decals I did on the plane today are based off a vector image I grabbed from my stock photo site and tweaked to bring in line with everything else. Nothing wrong with that, what stock art is meant for, and I'm changing thing around and making the content original, but I feel kind of uncomfortable trying to play it off like I'm the one doing all the illustrations from scratch here. It's more like half design, half art directing if that make sense.

Change the coloring, redo the shading, erase the lips and draw new ones, tweak the eye sizes and placements, adjust the pose, that kind of stuff is what I did today to make those.

I'm sure no one cares, I just don't want to feel like a phony, passing off other people's work as my own. My personal illustration style is different than this.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Stern's design work generally, but they're working with licensed titles where someone gets to approve and ride back seat on everything. I get to just do what I please here, it's not really a fair comparison. I know people preferred my Shadow translite, but I bet if Doug Watson could have had free reign he would have killed it. Wasn't his choice to paint a big ass Baldwin head.

Sorry, long day, I'm in between time zones, I think I'm rambling. I'm just glad to bring something to people's machines that makes them happy, how the sausage is made is probably irrelevant. And I appreciate the compliments.

#318 10 years ago

No they peel off and reposition nice

Thanks. Buckman took his stock ones off his metal apron to scan for me, and said it was easy too. The new ones will be similar, if you want to remove them later you'll be able to.

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

I really like the apron decals with the trident. Just her eyes should look a bit more "evil", similar to the instruction cards.

Yeah, I agree, I'll probably redraw the eyes, maybe make a few other minor adjustments, but otherwise I think this pose and look is what I'll stick with. Helps to have slept on it and see it again.

I hope to hear more about the playfield decals soon.

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Does this refer to the lower playfield decal for AC/DC Premium?

I'd need to really spend some time with a lower playfield taken off the game probably to figure that out, or at the very least would need a high rez scan of one. So I think it's probably not in the cards now, don't want to hold everything up since I don't have easy access to that.

#324 10 years ago

I tweaked the apron decals, I think they're good to go. Redid her eyes, added the beauty mark, changed the shading, other minor crap. There are a million ways I could have done this, lots of them probably good, but this is the one I chose and I'm gonna call it done unless I spot a mistake or something so I can keep this ball rolling.

apron-decals.jpgapron-decals.jpg

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

What program do you use. I've been using Corel Draw for so many years I use it for everything. I'd be lost trying to use anything else.

These are done in Illustrator and Photoshop CS6.

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

could do a pose like this to fit the triangle shape well.

I could, but I'm not going to, I'm happy with what I have there now.

#338 10 years ago

I'm out with business partners in NY right now, I'll update more later. Big thanks for the pics and testing though.!

#348 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Almost forgot. Wife veto's the backglass but I'd like to get some of those apron decals and scorecards. Not sure if I missed it but can those be bought without the backglass? If so, how much?

I haven't figured out the decals, waiting until everything is final before I say anything. Let's keep your wife happy though! The scorecards I won't sell by themselves, I'll only order them as part of the translite printing, but they can be downloaded freely, so no reason to wait for me.

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

My AC/DC is in need of the Angus patch......
Count me in for the apron decals and the Angus patch or "AP " for short.
(Damn nice work BTW)

Thanks, got you.

It looks like the playfield decal is close, but not perfect. Need to look at the photos a little more and make sure it's adjusted in any places it needs. I'll work on that tomorrow morning before my meetings.

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll take mine apart and make a scan for you if that would help. No rush but the offer is on the table and I'd be more than happy testing it out for you.

I mean if you want to I'm happy to look at it, but I have no idea right now what my plan would be. I should make sure there isn't already a scan out there I guess.

#353 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I don't mind. I need to clean my insert and I'm going to change the rubbers out to sleeves. Shouldn't be to much more to get the face cleaned off. Assuming I can then just place it on my scanner and it will scan it. It's just a HP all in one printer that has a scanner but if this will help I'll do it.

Sure, if you can make a 300 dpi scan I can at least figure out how things might lay out over the elements.

#356 10 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Let me know when the translite arrives. I'll make an interactive BB for you customized to that translite.

One of the first people to pre-order the translite is working with someone on an interactive backbox lighting kit for Helen. I meant to post about it but have been too busy. Ties into the game flashers and does some kind of fading effect on the lava. Be curious to see how it comes out.

#364 10 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

And I'm not looking to hijack this thread, please post questions in the other thread so we don't derail this one, I hate when that happens!

For the record I told him it was cool to post in here though.

#366 10 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

Any pricing about translite and decal packages yet?

I need to lay out my decal sheet so I can verify the final cost. I'll see if I can do that in the plane ride back to CA tomorrow, gonna be a long flight with the jet stream.

#368 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Is it too soon to say this will be the best selling pinball mod ever made? I don't think so!

Lol. Trying to get it right.

#371 10 years ago

Thanks. I'll have to look when I'm not on my phone. Why do people hate that though? Seems kinda innocuous to me.

#374 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

Is there a package available that contains the translite, apron decals, cards and the backbox lighting kit that could be combined for international shipping?

Not really, I dunno where the interactive lighting guy is, not really a way for us to ship together. My translite boxes are pretty thin too, can only fit flat stuff.

#375 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For me its the ugly square inserts.

They are kind of random and ill thought out, I can see that.

#388 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

As far as the thickness... I haven't seen it effect ball travel at all.

I tried a thicker one before this one, and it didn't really seem to affect things either, but you could feel the lip with your finger for sure, so it theory it maybe could if the ball was moving really slowly? That's one reason we wanted this new thinner one. Not messing with the ball is pretty key. Not that the ball ever moves slow on an AC/DC Pro.

So the only downside to this thinner one, is that it's so thin you can apparently just barely see the playfield face through it. I need to try and check this out for myself when I get home today, on the flight back from NY now.

bub2010 if you want to speak about your experience with it feel free.

Quoted from kid_ego:

Is it removable?

Yes. It's not meant to be removed and reused, probably wrinkle the edge prying it up anyways, but it's meant to be removed without leaving anything on your playfield. Sticks down strong enough that it's not coming up unless you want it to though.

I haven't installed this one yet, but the previous test decal I did I found that being able to peel it back up was handy during install, used that to help get rid of air bubbles.

#389 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

It took me a couple of peel ups in order to get it the way you see it and it is just a smidge off and the decal is just ever so slightly larger than it needs to be in this beta test.

I'm actually thinking I might make the decal a little bigger, not smaller. Just a tiny bit, but then if you're off just slightly installing it you'll still get complete coverage. I can't really think of a downside to this.

#391 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Really looking forward to this Aurich. Thanks for taking the time to make it right.

Did I mention new spinner decals too? Got a request for them and some measuring assistance (thanks Steve and Bill) and I had just enough room on the decal sheet to add them. Kept it simple with a Helen crop that's the same on both sides, and shifted the flames around for the sides to hopefully get a flickering animation when you get a good spin going. Something like this:

spinner.gifspinner.gif

I'll include them with any decal set, be it the full Pro package or just the apron decals.

Edit: Hmm, Pinside is stripping the animation from my gif for some reason. If you want to see it animated look here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/spinner.gif

#402 10 years ago

Hmm. a little bit toooooo much Hellen ?
Spinner should be designed for "war machine"

The spinner request specifically wanted her, so was happy to oblige. No room for doing alternate designs on the sheet, so not gonna overthink it. It's more of a just for fun thing really, easy enough to just print your own spinner stickers.

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The spinner is a great idea. Way better then the decal that's on there now. Put me down for a spinner decal for sure.

I'll just include them as a freebie with the apron decals. Started laying out the master sheet on the plane ride today, I'll keep working on it this weekend.

#404 10 years ago

how thick is the overlay ? on other machines i have placed a protection film from 3m with 0.2mm thickness.

Half that, 0.1mm. It's as thin as you can possibly get away with. As I said, one concern is that it's so thin you can just barely see through it apparently, I need to test that myself now that I'm home and have the new test decal here.

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from Cidco:

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned the flames speaker panel sticker that someone else is selling. It was commented that the flames on it were more realistic than the flames on Helen so they wouldn't be a good match. Aurich, are you or anyone else thinking about making a sticker to put on the speaker panel that would more fit with the Helen art? I think that one piece would really complete the transformation of the machine.

I wasn't planning on doing that, no. I personally prefer the kustom style hot rod flames over realistic ones myself, and I think they match the drawing style on the game better too.

I guess I'd say that anything is possible, but this project has already grown much larger than planned, and I'm having enough trouble managing all the variables as is. So for now at least I'm just focusing on finishing what I have so I can get it printed and to people.

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Cool. I will just wait until you put the apron decals up for sale, or are you starting a list?

As soon as I figure out the final call on this playfield face decal I'll get everything settled. It's the end of the week, when I said I'd close down orders, but I just want to get the decals together first, because so many people want both. I'm home now and will see what I can do to get some clarity to the end game here.

Definitely soon.

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

I hope I'm not letting the cat out of the bag, but how long until there is a full Helen kit including cabinet art?
Too much? Nope!

Honestly I doubt I'd do cabinet decals. A lot of work on my end, just by nature of their size they'd be expensive, and they're also a lot of work to install. Then you add in all the people with machines on both sides of their games so you don't even see the side art, and it's just not worth it. I'm sure some people would do it, but probably not enough to have it make sense.

If I was to tackle something like that I'd do the Shadow anyways. And I thought about it, but the above logic was too hard to overcome.

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No room for doing alternate designs on the sheet

I might have lied about that, had to rearrange some things for technical reasons and now I do. So maybe I'll do a non-Helen one too that still matches the theme. I like the War Machine idea, I'll work that in.

#412 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

you can't literally see through it,....as in transparent..... What you CAN see is the ridges in the Angus face artwork.

Oh! Somehow I wasn't entirely getting that when I was reading your emails in NY. Makes so much more sense now.

I guess that's the peril of using something that thin. I'd love to get feedback on that, I'm inclined to think it's worth the tradeoff to keep it super thin and not risk interfering with the ball.

Good job on that clear Stern!

#417 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

How thick is Mylar? If the current version of the decal is thinner than mylar typically is then I would thicken the decal to make it less see through. If the decal is already as thick or thicker than Mylar then I guess I would leave it as is to avoid issues with ball flow when it's rolling slower.

Mylar typically comes in 1 or 2 mil thicknesses. This decal is specced at 3 mil. A mil = one thousandth of an inch. I measured the decal with my calipers and got .01mm, but it's technically supposed to be .0762mm, and I'm sure my calipers just weren't accurate enough to measure that.

So you can see why I don't really want to go thicker. Everyone's playfield is going to be different, how much the art is raised through the clear is probably going to depend on how the clear was leveled during application.

#418 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

Later maybe I will take an HD video and post it up on YouTube.

That would be great.

I'll try and go through those pics you sent me too.

#419 10 years ago

Okay, maybe bub2010 can do that video, but for the moment I'm using pics he's sent me. Keep in mind that that I haven't seen this installed on this machine in person, and that the clear on every machine might not be the same, so I'll just show things as best I can. bub2010 please feel free to correct anything I get wrong with your personal perspective.

You can see in the first photo that you can't see a thing (note that this is an older version of the design too).

Second one if you look you can kinda see the black lines of Angus' eye. As explained before, the decal is so thin it conforms to the shape of what's under it, and apparently the black lines are raised a little bit in the clear, so you're seeing the slight ridges.

It's probably going to vary depending on your lighting, the angle of viewing, and how your playfield was cleared. My personal take is that it's not enough to want to go to a thicker decal that could potentially mess up gameplay. This one is already just barely thicker than mylar.

Would love people's thoughts!

helen-decal1.jpghelen-decal1.jpg

helen-decal2.jpghelen-decal2.jpg

#423 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

Had a chance to make a video this morning.

Awesome, thanks for that. Nice tattoo analogy too!

I was also thinking the shattered glass one might hide things better, but overall I think this is probably just a worthwhile tradeoff to preserve gameplay. Anyone who's curious can probably pop the glass off their Pro and just feel the playfield, see how raised the lines appear to be through the clear.

#426 10 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

I think it would be neat to make it appear as though the graphic is below the playfield like the premium model add some shading around the edges to give it that depth. Wonder how that would look, did you try or ever consider doing this ?

That's essentially what the broken glass one is.

#429 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I think the artwork is fantastic, the only problem I have with it is the contrasting colors between the decal and the rest of the playfield. It doesn't look natural to me. It's goes from a light orange to a red without a smooth transition. Just my opinion and no knock to the product I'm sure many will be happy, Aurich does great work.

I've got a playfield scan I can use to show some "full playfield" shots with the various looks, you can see what you think. Totally cool if it's not right for you though of course!

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

That is really nice Now something for us with the lower playfield too!

lol you lower playfield people. I think it would need something totally different that made the inserts work. I'll think about it, but nothing gonna happen now, I don't want to delay this other stuff any more than it is already. Man that would be a tough fit, you'd almost be better off with a decal purposely printed a little large, getting it on, and then flipping it over decal-side down and trimming it with a sharp exacto. Get it totally nailed dead on that way.

Same reason I'm gonna make the playfield decal just a tad larger, so you can put it on without the most laser like precision and still cover things. Gotta line it up right of course, but if you're .01 degree off you won't see some .3mm edge peekout out from the horns or something.

#435 10 years ago

I'm gonna watch football and try and gang up the decals onto a sheet today. If it all goes like I think it should lay out then I think I'll be able to calculate the costs.

#437 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

then lay a piece of thin plexi over it

Could you do that without trimming the plexi? I've helped take a lower playfield off once, but I don't remember what's around it.

#439 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no, it's going to have to be cut to the playfield and holes drilled for the targets and posts. Will also hold it in place.
Wouldn't be that hard to trace the playfield and the holes and basically do a laser cut plexi. Just can't go to thick, or there won't be enough clearance for the screw threads, and the standups will hit the plexi at the bottom. Has to be thin, but thick enough to hold it's shape and not buckle.

Dude, why not just make a decal instead then? Seems like a lot of work for little benefit. And laser cutting plexi would be more expensive than the decal printing.

#442 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Can you make decals for the side head?

Tell you guys what. I'm gonna print what I've got, I'm going to sell them to everyone who asked for them. I'll print enough apron decals that anyone who wanted a translite can order them too if they want, no one needs to sign up for that, I'm sure I can move any extras later.

If everyone is happy, then we can talk about doing more stuff. But this first! Otherwise I'll never ship a thing!

#444 10 years ago

Okay, I know this sounds crazy anal, but you just have to bear with me, it's just how I do things. I redid the flames on the Helen spinner, they were too jumpy, should animate on spin smoother now.

I also added a second spinner design for people burned out on using her face all over, using the excellent suggestion made earlier of making it War Machine themed. Keeps the color scheme and flames, but feels like its own beast with a lightning bolt and tank/cannon. Pick whichever you like.

The spinner decals will be included with the apron cards.

They will also be included, along with the apron cards, with the 3 pack of Helen playfield face-covers.

Edit: Thanks to a suggestion I'm swapping the War Machine image from the tank to a Lancaster Bomber, new image on next page.

spinner-helen.gifspinner-helen.gif

spinner-warmachine.gifspinner-warmachine.gif

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Any chance you could post a price list on the other items that have been added as options (playfield sticker, spinner sticker, cards, etc.)? Then I can figure out what else I'm 'in' for (both with Aurich...and my wife).

Yes, just as soon as I finish ganging the details into one sheet. Have to make sure it all fits like I planned. If so I'll have the final costs. Just don't want to quote them too early. Was working on that when I finished the spinners above, back to it now.

#449 10 years ago

have i understood this right ? you will place all three face-covers in one pack ? so no additional costs?

Yes, one cost, get all 3 face cover decal designs I showed, plus apron cards, plus 2 spinner designs. Pick the one you like, or swap them if one gets worn or damaged somehow later. Still working on the decal master sheet. They all have to fit a set space to make it work to print them, it's like a puzzle.

Freaking lost a file in a Photoshop crash like an amateur, gotta go back and rebuild some images. I should know better, really kicking myself right now. It won't take that long to duplicate the work, but ugh.

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

@ Aurich w/ all this talk of playfield decals , what's the status on the alt. translite ?

Final test print on the way to me, but I expect it to be perfect, it's just a precaution before I order a bunch. Other than that it's good to go. So many people want decals too that it only makes sense to print them together so small delay while those are being finalized. Just laid out the sheet, it's basically good to go. No reason why the order couldn't happen this upcoming week I don't think.

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i think the spinner decal is a great idea.
just wanna let you know, the war machine is a plane, b (bomber) lancaster.

Oh really! Honestly I'm not an ACDC fan, I bought Razor's Edge as a kid but that's about it. I'll investigate, thanks.

#454 10 years ago

Okay, thanks to beatmaster I investigated doing the bomber for the spinner instead of the cannon/tank thing. I think it actually came out pretty sweet, it looks like it's doing barrel rolls as it flips around the lighting bolt. I'm going to change it, if I can make it more band authentic and it still looks good, then win-win.

Thanks for the assist!

spinner-warmachine2.gifspinner-warmachine2.gif

#457 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that does look pretty awesome.

Yeah, I was happy to do Helen on a spinner when asked, but honestly I'd rock this one on my personal machine if I had one, glad I was able to fit an alternate design.

#460 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

man that was fast. look good. can't wait to get my kit.

Hey, I was rooting for the Broncos, been plenty of time to work during the game that I didn't care about!

#461 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Just because I'm slow on the uptake, if we have the Premium, can we get the kit of translate, apron and spinner stickers only without the large playfield overlay sticker?

Yes, I promise I'm going to make this super crystal clear really soon, I didn't originally plan on all this extra stuff, but it kind of took on a life of it's own; thanks to lots of helpful Pinsiders with great ideas that I couldn't resist working on, plus helpful testers measuring and checking things for me!!

#462 10 years ago

Okay, Broncos sucked, but I had a productive Superbowl, so Pinside wins! Finished the decal sheet, I know what it will cost, and set the prices.

Note: You don't need to PM me about what you want if you're on my list already! I'll print enough decals for every person who wants a translite to have them. I'll set up a Paypal page with all the options and a buy button for each, I'll PM everyone single person on my list with the URL, and you can pick exactly what you want when you pay.

If you need multiples of the decals you can PM me instead when I send the instructions, and I'll make you a custom quote to save you on shipping if possible.

All prices include shipping. If you're outside the USA and you don't want a translite, just decals, I need to figure out the shipping costs still. If you do order a translite no extra charge for international aside from the extra on the translite.

I'll update the first post of the thread soon too, this is just for people who've been following along who want to know.

Packages.jpgPackages.jpg

I won't break up the packages, please don't ask, what you see is what you get. Just too much work to manage, thanks.

#470 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

I bet they were working on Lucy prolly 6 months ago, unbeknownst to either party they were working on a similar idea to spice it up.

No question they started it before me, lot more work on their part, funny bit of timing is all.

#472 10 years ago

Thanks everyone. Obviously I should have doubled all the prices, you guys are way too happy about them.

Close to being able to put the order in, but not *quite* there. I'll start uploading these new files and talking with my printer this week, get it all figured out. I'm calling all the designs locked down though.

Until I post otherwise it's not too late to get in on this run, just PM me, but once I'm ready to get the order really going I'll lock it down so I can pay the printer. I can do a second run afterwards if needed.

#474 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Just do like Stern and jack it up with each rerun. LOL.

Just need to do an LE run of decals. (No Neo I am not doing an LE run of topless Helen, don't PM me.)

Here's the update: I'm uploading all the final files to my printer's FTP right now. He's going to do one last test print of everything including decals and translite, make sure we're good before I flood him with orders. These things cost thousands of dollars to do, we'd both rather we had it right before we started.

Once we confirm we're good I'll put in the final order.

I'll leave pre-orders open until I have to submit the number to the printer, and then I'll cut it off.

#478 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ok, so it looks like the translite with the apron package is $135.
Where do we paypal : )

Will PM details to everyone on the list when ready to print.

#481 10 years ago

So status update since people are PMing me wondering:

I'm working with my printer right now to test print the master decal sheet. We'll also run one last translite with the changes I've made since the last test print. Both should happen this week. Once we're sure everything looks right I'll put in the final order.

That's when I'll contact people with the link to the packages/payment. So if you're on my list already you're set and don't need to do anything further until you hear from me.

If you still want to be added to the list there's time, I won't cut off orders until the test print is approved, at which point I will need a hard number to submit.

Thanks!

#484 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

oh man, i can't wait!

Sorry it's taking a little longer than planned, the extra decals added time to the project. Hopefully it's worth the wait.

#488 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Oh come on now, AP isn't that bad.

I've never played it, but honestly the theme and art is so terrible I doubt I ever will either. Fair or not.

No alt translite could rescue that one for me!

#490 10 years ago

Just talked to my printer, we've had a couple little delays, just working out a couple minor issues, all things that will lead to a better product, so I'm totally good with all of them. The end result though is that the test prints are happening this weekend, instead of shipping this week, so should go out early next week.

Once I approve them we're golden, so we're still close to putting the orders together, just a little behind my original thinking as far as the schedule. If you're on my list you're good, I won't forget anyone.

Sorry to have to ask for your patience, but I appreciate it. This is why I don't take anyone's money until the printing actually starts, I don't want to hold onto it while telling you that you have to wait a little longer.

#493 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Damn...the topless Helen would have been so original!

Not that I want to get up on a high horse after doing something with a nipple-poking pinup pose, but the topless stuff just doesn't feel right to me, it's not the vibe I want for pins. I prefer the tease.

Pondering my next project, I'm already feeling the itch to design something else, but I can pretty much guarantee that the next one won't feature giant breasts, so prepare to be disappointed.

First I need to ship this though, not getting ahead of myself, don't worry!

#495 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

You know Demo Man in in need of a alt. translight. Or maybe wwfrr would be cool.

I think Demo Man has to be the most requested title in terms of people asking me about it. I wish I could answer that I have an awesome idea for it, but right now it honestly doesn't do much for me as something to work on. I just go for what interests me, if it ever stopped being fun I'd stop, not doing it just to make money or anything. These things are a ton of work, both to design but also to manage the thread and orders etc, passion for it all is the only thing that keeps me doing it if that makes sense. I couldn't go through it all for something I wasn't really behind. Profits just go back into pinball.

If I ever have a brilliant idea for it I'll try it out, but that may never happen.

WWFRR has that sweet prototype translite, man, that thing is so much better than the final, anyone know why it got cut? I couldn't top that!

#497 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I'd think it got cut due to the fact that the guys on the trans kept leaving the company. You'll note that most of the wrestlers on the prototype trans are not on the game. 1992-1994 was a time of GREAT transition in the company.

Ah, that would make sense. Too bad, it's way better looking.

#498 10 years ago

Test prints are going to the post office to me (and you Scott!) tonight so assuming all is well, and I'm confident it will be, I'll be ready to put in the order by the end of the week. I can take any last people until then, but then I'm shutting it down for this run. I can always do more later if there's more interest.

#499 10 years ago

Oh one last bit of good news, and this is one of the reasons we had a little delay, anyone who's ordered my Shadow translite knows the protective film over it was kind of a bitch to get off. Honestly the only complaint the whole project ever got was that film. We've fixed that, I have been informed the new one is "approximately one trillion times better".

#502 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Would there be a way to buy one of the translites with the "AC/DC" together instead of being separated by "Hell aint a bad place to be"? I cannot get over the way AC/DC is separated, it makes no sense to me.

What you see is what you get, there are no one-offs possible, sorry. Totally understand that the design can't be for everyone.

#504 10 years ago

Yeah, Congo might be fun, we'll see. I don't have easy access to one like I used to, but it's living at Rarehero's house now if I wanted to see it. Congo, BSD, and The Shadow sort of feel like the "great pins stiffed by movies" trilogy to me.

I'm pondering buying a Star Trek, I might end up messing with that if I get one, actor headshots aren't really my thing, and I'm not springing for the LE.

Right now the focus is definitely ACDC though. Anxious to get this out the door, I don't like making people wait on me.

#505 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Taking about ships - Star Trek Pro would definetely need a new nice translite!!!

lol, didn't even see your post before I wrote what I did above. Yeah, if I did mess with Star Trek a space-scape with the (proper new film damnit) Enterprise would be the way to go. Have to be original art though, no stealing some movie poster images or something.

#509 10 years ago

Well no promises or anything, but if I was to buy a Star Trek it would be highly motivating. Also damn easier if I wanted to test things this time around. We'll see!

#512 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'm guessing it's like how it is for copyright issues. Still looks great to me and I can't wait to get mine.

Yeah, I think I've mentioned this in the thread before, but I was trying to avoid using their logo directly, I've heard they can be pretty protective of it. It's just a small hobby thing, but I like to try and do right by it all. I'm really not a fan of translites that just crop a piece of movie poster or something. This felt like a creative solution that created an interesting layout, and also referenced the Premium translite a little bit, kind of keep things tied together.

Star Trek provides a similar challenge, I can handle the art and keeping that original, but do I use their logo?

#514 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Already been done, but still room for improvement.

That's just another one of those lame movie poster rip offs. I really object to those, so if you like it don't take it personally or anything, I just don't care for the people who crop someone else's work and call it a day. Take inspiration from something, redraw and reuse something, fine, but don't just steal it.

Congo-1995-movie-poster1.jpgCongo-1995-movie-poster1.jpg

#518 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

However, showing ships from video games or made up ships is a bit of a non-starter for me personally.

Yeah, no way, this will be original. Look at me, talking like I'm already going to do it. This is how AC/DC started ...

Anyways, I'm not too worried about making some underground translites for pinball fans using things from Star Trek, as long as I'm not actually using their copyrighted work and create it all myself from scratch. I already have thoughts on how I'd do that, that's why I feel like I'm going down the rabbit hole.

#521 10 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

I haven't had time yet today to read this whole thread, hopefully I will tonight but what I really want yo know is how do I order/get on a list for Helen items? Thanks, Mike

All you gotta do is PM me. But I'll make it simple and send you a PM instead.

#523 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Another vote for a Demolition Man translite (might be more of a challenge as you're not pumped to do it, maybe).

I swear, it's easily the most requested. I promise I'll at least let it run in my subconscious, if I come up with some brilliant idea then great. But honestly right now I dunno what it would be to make it work. I should watch the movie again I guess, but it's not really that great of a movie.

I remember seeing it in the theater and being amused enough I guess, and there are moments that lasted, like the 3 seashells joke, but on the whole it hasn't aged well.

I've only played the game once, on location, and was kinda weirded out by the handles, didn't really know what to do with them at the time, so I haven't spent any real time with it, which doesn't help.

The plan for now is Star Trek next, and then we'll see where things take me. As long as I'm having a good time and people like what I'm doing I don't see why I wouldn't keep doing them. It's a lot of work to manage it all, but it's rewarding too.

#525 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Im sure you could do a bang up job with BSD that would do it some justice

There's a BSD owner who offered to send me a translite-off shot of the backbox so I could see the light arrangements, he just hasn't had time to do it yet. And I'm in no rush, so no big deal. But I do have it on my things-to-consider list.

#526 10 years ago

Okay, good news, my tester, bub2010, just got the full package of goodies from the printer. He's closer to the printer, I'll probably get mine tomorrow. So have to live through him vicariously for the moment. And everyone else will just have to be jealous that he gets it all early. Perks for helping out!

He's going to try and test fit tonight (thanks!), I'll check things out tomorrow when they arrive to make sure it's all up to my standards, and hopefully we're all looking green light for the order. Assuming we're good I'll get everything started ASAP.

Generally from printing starting to them arriving at my house to break down and send out is roughly two weeks. Could be faster, but that's the safe thing to count on. So basically end of the month for sexy Helen time.

Will update when I know more.

#529 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Awesome, please keep updates coming
Bill

Will do. bub2010 may post something tonight too, not sure, totally up to the free time he's able to find. He has the full new decal set to try, but also the latest and hopefully final translite too.

#531 10 years ago

Thanks Scott!

Keep in mind with the above video obviously that kit wasn't designed to match the lights behind Helen properly. Someone is building a kit to do just that already.

#537 10 years ago

Edit: Nevermind, communication glitch, all is well.

#539 10 years ago

I should note since someone asked, the pics make it wash out a bit, but that's just the camera struggling with shooting a backlit source. In person the colors stay saturated. I haven't seen it with this particular kit of course, but I have seen Helen with the normal Stern lighting, and my Shadow one with a ton of different lights. Mine is all LED lit personally.

#544 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

I'm likely going to keep those to myself.

As well as you should!

#547 10 years ago

Okay, just had a nice phone call with bub2010, super product tester extraordinare. We are good to go.

I always buffer in a few extras for people who show up last minute after the order is put in, but I'm going to shut things down otherwise for this first run.

If you're a last minute person and you want in then PM me ASAP, I can adjust numbers, but I am finalizing it all. I'll get my test prints tomorrow, and will make sure they're all good by my eye, but things fit, I've already seen all the materials and print quality and know my printer, I'm happy with where we are.

Thanks everyone for your patience, let me know if you have questions. I'll be getting everyone payment info.

#551 10 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Not saying we are stoked to get this Translite!!, but my Wife already made a Shooter Rod to match!!

I effing love it.

#557 10 years ago

Congo is a lot more likely than Demo Man. Personally I think Congo would be nice with a translite that matched the cabinet art.

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

MUST MAKE MORE AND SELL! MUST HAVE!

lol, I told him people would want it.

#561 10 years ago

The order has been place, I'm closing pre-orders for this run. I have a handful of extras for stragglers, PM me if you're one.

When I get an estimate for the date I'll update, and I need to send out payment info too. I have a link for everyone, I can PM it, or I guess put in here too, not sure if that's wise though.

#563 10 years ago

FYI, I'm still waiting to make sure the printing has actually physically started (the order is in) before I ask for payments. Someone was concerned they hadn't gotten a PM from me and that they weren't on the list, don't worry, no one is forgotten, just didn't want to ask for money too early. Whole process takes a little time is all.

Some people have asked to pay early, and if you want to do that it's not a problem, just PM me and I'll send you the payment page link. I don't want to put it in this thread because I don't want people to who didn't pre-order to use it and then not have stock for them.

#566 10 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Also I think another nice touch would be to use some photoshop and decal paper and make an new plastic for the playfeild fire that has Helen standing in the hell fire. I will be doing that for mine.

I'd love to mess with trying to get some new plastics made. Not that specifically, I'm not actually sure which plastic you mean, but just in general. Be fun to do new slingshot plastics for a lot of Sterns, I often find them less than satisfying. Like just off the top of my head, could Spider-Man have worse ones? Blech.

Can you take a pic of the plastic in question? Curious to see which one it is. Sorry I don't know this game better.

Edit: This one?

fiiiiiiiire.jpgfiiiiiiiire.jpg

#568 10 years ago

What a bizarre plastic that even is.

#571 10 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Please post a demonstration video of this kit in action.

Problem is he doesn't have the translite yet, he's just designing based on the mockup. Sure it will come out great, that's a fine way to design it, just hard to demonstrate now. I'd love to see the final product in a video myself!

#572 10 years ago

Just got two PMs in a row from people anxious that I hadn't asked them for money. So I'm thinking that my whole "wait until later" thing is maybe causing more problems than helping. I just didn't want to hold your money too long while you waited for the printing/shipping process is all.

I promise I haven't forgotten anyone, you're all in a nice Excel sheet, I'm very organized! That said, I think I'd better start contacting everyone. This is where I regret not getting email addresses, sending a Pinside PM to a huge group of people is a pain the butt vs a mass email. Next time!

#575 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

You have loot......

I started sending out the PMs last night, only did the first chunk of the list, starting the rest now. Woke up to my inbox blowing up.

#580 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

You have my $$$

I have lots of people's $$$! I promise I'm only doing wonderful pinball things with it! (Technically I'm just sitting on it, I front the cash for the printing myself, but hey.) I'd say about 2/3rd of the pre-orders have paid. Typically the last 1/3rd takes a lot longer, it's one reason I ask for payments ahead of time, it just takes a while for everyone to respond.

Everyone who pre-ordered should have heard from me by now. If you haven't for some reason please get in touch.

Right now it's basically a waiting game. I've got all sorts of lovely Excel spreadsheet work to do, but other than that we just need to let the printing happen. If I get any updates I'll put them in this thread.

Thanks everyone!

#581 10 years ago

Got a request for price cards instead of free play, so if anyone is routing Helen you might find these handy. The PDF has both the Pro and Premium versions on it since I see both on route.

Download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/helen-price-cards.pdf

helen-price.jpghelen-price.jpg

#586 10 years ago

Got a couple shots from the printer, thought I'd put them in here just so everyone could see there's progress.

The printing itself goes pretty fast, what makes things slower is cutting them all, doing the back light material laminating, and also any reprinting because they're great about quality control and will redo any that don't measure up to spec.

If I get any updates on when they'll ship to me I'll put them in here. I'm still waiting on payments from quite a few people in the meantime, maybe 25%.

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 2.35.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-02-18 at 2.35.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 2.35.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-02-18 at 2.35.59 PM.png

#593 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Any tips or tricks on applying the center play field overlay ?
Since you have applied and removed them any comment you want to share ?
I plan on cleaning with Novus and debating wet or dry application.

I'd love input too, I'm not a decal master myself.

#597 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

I gotta say... originally when I heard of the Helen package I wasn't sure how "whole hog" I'd like to see the machine transformed, but having overhauled it completely with decals I must say... I love it. Since installing the graphics I've bested my high scores over and over again.

I need a big ad with Helen and splashed across it:

"SINCE INSTALLING THE GRAPHICS I'VE BESTED MY HIGH SCORES OVER AND OVER AGAIN."
- Satisfied customer

#599 10 years ago

Good news everyone! </professor>

Looks like the print job will ship to me on Monday. So give it a few days to get to me, and then I'm gonna need a few more days to break this sucker down and ship it, this is a complicated one. I just ordered $400 worth of new boxes to put together.

So I'll update with progress, but worst case scenario is I'll need next weekend to finish packing and will get to post office on the following Monday.

I'm still waiting on payments from a handful of people, if you haven't contact me or paid yet please do so! I'm totally sold out, and people are asking if I have extras, so at some point I'm going to give your slot away to people who want it if I don't hear from you.

shadow-acdc.pngshadow-acdc.png

#604 10 years ago

Got tracking numbers, be here next Thursday. I'll do my best to pack them up fast. Checked the weight being sent to me, 124 lbs. This is me right now, thinking about how much there is to do on this one -->

It will all be worth is when people start posting reactions in the thread!

#607 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

So long, old man nipple, hello, sexy demon woman!

lol. I should get my boxes tomorrow, will start folding and taping them up, they ship flat. Gonna go through a lot of tape!

I'm starting to organize the orders. It looks like I still have a handful of people who haven't responded or paid. I'll do what I can to round them up and see what's what, but if I haven't heard from you and someone wants your spot (because I'm getting requests) then I'll give it to them. Not fair to make them wait if you don't respond.

#610 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Anyone who asked and has not paid is a douche at this point .

Eh, things happen, I don't want to call people names. If you're not going to take it then I would appreciate a note at least though. I front a lot of money to make these happen, and I do rely on pre-order people coming through to make it work. If you can't do it anymore for whatever reason then letting me know lets me sell it to someone else easily, instead of waiting because I don't want to leave anyone out.

#612 10 years ago

soon_meme_collection_640_04.jpgsoon_meme_collection_640_04.jpg

#615 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

cool, i was thinking the same thing, i could put the original on the wall not too far from the game.

I'm having a Swap Box built for my personal Helen since I don't actually own AC/DC.

#621 10 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

Can i ask how many packages you have to make ?

Enough that I'm going to spend all weekend packing.

Quoted from StormyX73:

My AC/DC premium is on its way. What a shame I'm late to Helen's party.

So I said I was sold out, but that was just based on pre-order commitments. But actually a pretty large number of people have yet to contact me or pay me. So their spots are wide open for anyone who wants them. If you're one of those people get back to me! I'm happy to hold it with nothing more than a "I still want it can you give me some time?" note. But if I don't hear from you at all it's first come first serve, I don't really want to sit on a pile of these.

#622 10 years ago

Here's the torture by the way: I just got my Star Trek Premium yesterday. Had some pinheads over to set it up last night and break it in (laser is defective, otherwise working great). I want to put in more time on it now, but I'm really not gonna be able to spend much time on it since I'm getting the prints in today and need to get on packing to make you all happy campers. FEEL MY SACRIFICE.

I'm so 100% all in on making that Star Trek alt translite by the way, the Premium one is kind of a let down. Design aside, it's a bit dull, almost washed out. I have it next to my Shadow, and the colors on my translite are so much richer. I'm positive I can make something better. The red powdercoat is awesome, way better than in photos. Candy red over metal flake. It deserves more!

#624 10 years ago
Quoted from wolowizard:

just checking ,,,you got my full package payment ?? right

Yes sir.

I'm actually deathly afraid I'm leaving someone out, I keep finding weird bugs in PayPal, where they didn't notify me when they should have or something didn't export when I tried to download all the transactions. It's a pretty infuriating tool.

#628 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I for one say take the weekend and play Star Trek, You have been more then on the ball, you deserve time with your new game!! I know i can wait another week for the (rad) translight!

lol, thanks, but I want to take care of this. Don't cry for me, I'll get some Star Trek time in.

#630 10 years ago

Just got a visit from FedEx.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#633 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Swap Boxes are great! He does a good job building them. I am going to take some to the Lousiville show to see if there is a resell market for them with some Stern backglass art.

Yeah, looking forward to it. Waiting to hear back about payment, but I'm in no rush.

#634 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

lot of work in front of you aurich.

Shhh, allow me my last moments of denial.

#636 10 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

If you get anyone dropping out or not paying, I'd definitely like one Aurich!

No problem, I'm not getting any floods of "sorry, hold my spot!" messages. I PM'd a couple people who I know had really wanted it so I wanted to be sure they had a chance, but beyond that there's only so much I can do. I'm sure I'll be able to move the extra ones, so I'm not mad at anyone or anything.

I'll PM you the info.

#638 10 years ago

I've actually heard from a few more people today. Some in, some out. I appreciate knowing either way. The response % is high.

It's really all good, I honestly have very few extra translites, and I'm confident they'll disappear fast.

I ordered way too many decals though, I didn't want anyone to get left out and overdid it.

#642 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Might the decals work on a Premium or LE to cover up the stupid flames on the lower pf?

Probably not, they're not designed for that. Several people have asked about that, but without access to a Premium it's not something I'm gonna try and tackle, just too fiddly without real hands on access in my studio.

#644 10 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Any chance of getting the decals to me in Louisville in the first wave? I'm taking my Pro to the Louisville Arcade Expo next week. Set up is Thursday and the show runs Friday thru Sunday. I would love to show off the new mod. If not, I'll just have to enjoy them at home.

Yeah for sure. I can't promise, but that's what I'm shooting for. I send 2 day priority, will aim for getting you Wed. See how it goes!

#646 10 years ago

First pile done, working on two more before I call it a night. Luckily my wife is helping.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#647 10 years ago

Just about packed everything, still have a couple straggler orders to hit, and some last taping up. Be done with that by tonight. Then I've just got to get this mountain of boxes to the post office. Luckily the rain should stop by tomorrow.

I've run out of customs form clear envelopes, gotta pick up some more from the post office, so won't be quite done with all the international orders until I can do that. Worst case they'll go out Tuesday. Anyone who put in a "special" order with multiple items who's international should already have tracking numbers in an email though, those are good to go.

Everyone in the US should start seeing orders arrive Wed-Thurs. If you're in the boonies the 2 day priority becomes 3 day, so possibly Friday for a few if they process slow on Monday and take the full 3 days.

When they start arriving and you install them I want pics!!!

Let me know if you have questions. Thanks everyone!

#648 10 years ago

Oh, I have 6 translites left, even with new orders I had enough people flake to have extras. No stress, I'll just move them as people ask for them. I doubt they'll last long once the photos start rolling into this thread, I think you'll all be happy with the final product. And if not I'll make sure you are!

#652 10 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

*cough* Shadow? *cough*

Oh thanks, meant to update that thread too. Will do it now. Been a busy day!

#653 10 years ago

So I'm staring at these piles of boxes, and this is one of the few times when I wonder WTF I was thinking buying a coupe. Love my car, but it's just not a pinball vehicle in so many ways. This might take a few trips.

#654 10 years ago

How you pack said coupe after filling the trunk:

image-566.jpgimage-566.jpg

Then how you take over a mail cart:

image-132.jpgimage-132.jpg

Got the customs envelopes, I'll work on the rest of the international today.

Whew!

#656 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That's a lot of Helens

Little bit of Shadow in there too, but yeah, it's mostly Helen. Looking forward to the install pics showing up in a few days!

#658 10 years ago
Quoted from EricPinball:

Did you also all ready ship to europe ?

Some of Europe went out, before I ran out of customs envelopes. The rest will probably go out tomorrow, I don't think I can finish them fast enough for today's mail. The customs paperwork is slow, have to do them one at a time. I'm emailing tracking numbers to the international customers as I get them, so you'll be able to see the progress.

#661 10 years ago

Woo hoo Helen on the way to MN she is gonna freeze those nips off

Pfft, more like she's going to melt all the snow in a 500 yard radius around her!

#664 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Thanks Aurich! Not only for creating her but for quickly getting her into our hands as well. Looking forward to this!

This is the stage where I get all anxious, waiting for packages to be delivered safely. In all the ones I've sent I've only had two just get totally mangled to the point where the contents were trashed, but it still makes me nervous.

#666 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

I am at work but the wife called and said I have an envelope in the mail.............

So I didn't include any instructions or anything with yours since I kinda rushed it out on Saturday. I noted in the instruction sheet that the translite people got to just make sure you cleaned your surfaces before applying decals. A little isopropyl alcohol on a soft cloth. Naptha if you have it, but I didn't mention that in case it confused people.

If you clean your playfield with Novus first probably best to do that above afterwards, I think it can leave some silicone residue which probably won't help the decal stick.

These decals are meant to be removable, so if you get any bubbles or anything just peel back and resmooth.

#669 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Ok, waiting for mine! Any chance of making a mirrored back glass?

lol, I wish! I wouldn't even know where to start to do that. Would be awesome to do such a thing though. I could handle all the digital files no problem, the masks etc, but I know nothing about the actual printing processes for it.

#671 10 years ago

I predict it will be there before new Metallica code!

#673 10 years ago

No cleaning for the translite itself. He only got decals. So I meant the translite plus decal orders that made up 98% of the orders. In your box are some general instructions.

I couldn't auto send tracking numbers because of the hoops I had to jump through to keep all the different orders straight. Too many variables, and PayPal wouldn't let me import email addresses the way I did it. I do have them if there's a problem. With 2 day Priority there should be much need though, it's fast.

#674 10 years ago

Now I'm thinking about how stressful it must be to mail actual glass backglasses. Ugh. Waiting for the mirrored EATPM backglass from CPR, be curious to see how it's packed up. (Meaning waiting to order it, not out yet!)

#677 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

the giant backglass for my Environmental Discs of Tron was packed like no other packaging i've ever seen in my life

Nice. I've actually done a little research on mirrored backglasses before, but the basic conclusion was "find a printer who knows how to handle it". Obviously they're out there, Stern and CPR and whoever else are doing them still. They look awesome, it's easily my favorite thing about the Stern LEs.

#679 10 years ago

Just dropped off the rest of the international orders at the post office. If you've paid me your order is shipping.

#681 10 years ago

Dug just dropped by to pick his up in person, so I think that probably makes him the first person to actually get theirs. Being local has benefits!

I have 4 translites left, and plenty of both decals. PM me if you want them. If those sell out and there's demand still I'll start a new pre-order list.

#684 10 years ago

I just checked the tracking numbers for some CA orders, which will obviously be the fastest. One in San Diego is already delivered, and a Thousand Oaks one is out for delivery. So that means they've been processed and are moving. Postal Service tracking kinda sucks, you often don't get a status update until it's practically there. That does mean that I expect anyone who's not suffering from weather delays, or far or small enough to turn the 2 day delivery into 3 day, should get their package tomorrow. Here's hoping!

#686 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I can't wait! With any luck mine might be today (northern california.)

No specific info available on yours, so I'm guessing tomorrow.

#689 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I was led to believe overnight shipping was included when I declined the bonus sexy time in paypal checkout?

Yes, overnight included. I'll mail yours tomorrow.

#691 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

:party:Are all orders out in some way shape or form?

Yes, all orders are away. US orders have started arriving if they're within hours of me, the rest should start showing up tomorrow and Thursday. If anyone in the US doesn't have their order by end of day Friday please contact me, I have tracking numbers, we can sort it out.

#694 10 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Guess who was waiting for me when I got home tonight?
Outstanding job Aurich!
Can't wait to show her off at the Louisville Arcade Expo this weekend.

Awesome, glad we managed to make it happen in time for the Expo. No problems applying the playfield decal?

#698 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh man, east coast delivery already? Hope mine shows today....
This is my last pre-order I ever do!

Showing Jack how pre-orders are done!

I got a report of delivery from FL already too, so I'm guessing most people will see them today. Unless snow messes with plans.

Spankey wins the first translite pic though. I want to see more!!!

Edit: Looked yours up, I can't tell if it's gonna be today or tomorrow:

March 5, 2014 , 2:42 am
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
HULKTOWN, WI 53714

#702 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Couldn't be happier with this translite. Looks great, and the quality of it is stunning. Thick, glossy, much sturdier than the Stern translite. One question…the protective film is only on the front…true? Assume so, but the back had some texture, so I wanted to be sure. That film took a little work to remove…amazing packaging/protection.

Yes, the protective film is just the front. It does take a little tugging to remove, it used to be worse, like bring a team of horses to pull off, the printer found a better way to do it, so it's much improved now.

The texture on the back is just the light diffusing layer that's laminated on, that's what helps it light up so nice, and not get washed out like some of the crappy eBay ones.

Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for your awesome work and attention to detail!

Thanks! It's really important to me that anything I do is done right, that's why these projects take a little time to get done, seeing people appreciate it is great.

BTW that's a pretty sweet lineup!

#704 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Darn mail lady, driving right by driveway......still one last hope.

I'm pulling for Becky!

#708 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Of course, I failed to read the instruction sheet before installing the translite. Didn't realize it had a protective film. I think it looks great as-is (lights up very nicely). Anybody else not realize there was a film on it?

lol, all my hard work making the instruction sheet and you just toss it aside!?

It's totally worth taking the few minutes to pull it back out, take the film off, and reinstall it, the colors will pop even more without it.

#710 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

I noticed mainly because when I took the old one out that it was so much smoother than it was out of the box... plus I figured that it would have a coating on it just because things like poster holders and other similar things typically have a protective coating on them. Aurich may have told me also, but think I noticed on my own. Looks a lot better with it off.

Okay, so you didn't get the instruction sheet since you were a tester and got it dropped shipped straight from the printer. But the rest of you, pay attention to this part!!

image-295.jpgimage-295.jpg

#716 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Protective film removed

Woo hoo!

Quoted from kid_ego:

Great job on the quality of the decals, because it took me about 8x to get it applied with no air bubbles (ain't looking too close at it again just in case).

Yeah, it was important to try and find something that stayed stuck down when you wanted it to, and came back up when you needed it to (and was thin too). Hopefully this is the right balance! I think my printer nailed it.

The broken glass one is my favorite, love seeing photos of that one installed.

#717 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Waiting for mine to arrive...

March 5, 2014 , 8:18 am
Out for Delivery
UTICA, MI 48317

#719 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

don't know when i'll get it but can't wait, i still can't track the package...

You did get an email with at tracking # though right? USPS tracking isn't the best, they don't update all that often. But you'll see the major stuff, like when it hits Canada and customs, stuff like that. Before that it might just sit on the electronic info received or whatever it says. It's already left CA probably. I'd expect it some time next week. Always hard to say, customs can really slow it down or it can breeze through, I've learned to not guess too closely.

As for the numbers ... I dunno why, I just don't like to post them. Not sure what there is to be paranoid about, maybe it's just superstition of some kind. Right now Helen is around half the size of The Shadow. I hope to do at least one more run, but we'll see, right now I have 4 left unclaimed from this first run.

#727 10 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Are you sending emails w/tracking #'s ? If you are ,I didn't get one either.

The only people who got them were the international people, which I had to process one at a time. PayPal wouldn't let me import emails for the bulk shipping printing in the US, which is annoying. I do have them though if anyone needs me to look something up. You're in CA though, pretty sure yours will just say out for delivery or delivered.

#729 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

You said you had extra decal sheets, right? Not that anything will ever happen to the decal I applied, but that shattered glass one is so amazing, I feel like I might need a backup just in case. Because now that it's on there, I can't imagine it without it.

Yeah, I have extras. I really hope they hold up well, but the only way to find out is to get more playtime on them. I think someone is even routing them, that will really test how they hold up. I got the best material I could, we'll see!

#731 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Aurich, i hope u like mustangs, cause the boss version (at least) of the translight that they put on FB today is horrible. I hope thats a demo version. If not you could be very busy! Haha

Haha, oh man, I reallllly doubt I'm gonna touch Mustang with a 10 foot pole.

#733 10 years ago

Mine arrived safe and sound today. Thank you kind sir, hope to install it this evening. Any issues removing the original apron stickers? Looks like they will pull right off but I have never had a reason to try. Sure will be glad to get that vampire glyph off the right one.

My testers said the original apron stickers came off easy, and could even be saved if you wanted. Maybe some wax paper or something. I haven't tried it myself.

#736 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I have to say, this is one of the most impressive mods ever. I like Helen better than Luci and the translite has really changed the look of the game, in a better way. It totally fits the theme of the gameplay. Can't say enough.

Ha, wow, I dunno about all that, but I'm really glad you're enjoying it.

I believe we're getting a video soon of a LED backbox lighting kit, and I just sent a translite to someone else who wants to develop one. Not sure if he wants me to say his name, so I'll let him speak up if he wants it public that he's working on it. Should be a couple options to choose from if you want to upgrade your Helen lighting to match.

I'm down to my last three translites, I doubt they'll last the week. Then this can either be it or I can take pre-orders again for a second run, all entirely up to the interest level.

Just PM me if you're interested either way.

Goodbye sweaty dude and hello horned and nippled nymphette.

lol

#738 10 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I received mine today but Luci won't be here till Friday and I'm traveling for the weekend nice to see them installed on everyone else's Pins! Thanks again I'll send pix next week

Still waiting for the first Luci install pic!! Anyone gonna beat centerflank to the punch? He doesn't get his until tomorrow, the poor guy. Should have told me it was your birthday, I would have made the extra effort to get it out Saturday!!

#741 10 years ago

Hahahaha, that's so much better than centerflank's SUCK IT AURICH custom message!

#743 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Here is the video guys. The light kit came out awesome. The led lighting really makes Helen POP...if you know what I mean.

Nice Gabe, thanks for posting that. Should probably find the other thread and bump it too I guess.

#748 10 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

White led backboard from arcadeupkeep lit Helen. iPhone pic so it may not be that great, ignore the ceiling light reflection...

The LEDs definitely light it better, the tube isn't terrible, but you definitely get the light falloff at the top and bottom with it, yours looks so much more even.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

461 posts in this topic match your search for posts by aurich. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.