(Topic ID: 78172)

AC/DC: New original translite, meet Helen! (New March run)

By Aurich

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSCN2462.JPG
9200.1.jpg
20141216_223216.jpg
image-396.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6002.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
acdcHelen.jpg
image.jpg
20150204_082537.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMAG0589.jpg
IMAG0588.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 27.
#151 10 years ago

i didn't read all the replies but are you going to do a topless version?

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i didn't read all the replies but are you going to do a topless version?

lol, no. Her underboob tattoo will have to remain a mystery.

#153 10 years ago

Here are some decal concepts, with original on left. It's the same design, this is actually where Helen started, I didn't move her to become a translite until later. My printer is testing a thinner glossy decal this weekend, and then will send me a test if it looks good.

One on the right was just some fun, making it look like a Premium/Pro where the lower playfield window has shattered to reveal Helen underneath.

Helen-Decal-Concepts.jpgHelen-Decal-Concepts.jpg

#154 10 years ago

Maybe make a version of hellen , just a little smaller, revealing those anti-gravity boobs on her.?
Also, she looks a little too red.? Also, maybe add a nose line from eyes to tip of nose.? at least on one side?
the far right one is cool looking too.... But cool idea anyway.!
Great work Aurich.!

#155 10 years ago

Oops, forgot one more, it's just a variation of her smaller to reveal more like the one on the right, but without the glass and heavy flames, for those who like more boobage.

Not sure what the plan is for these yet, but didn't want to keep them a secret since they're not some crazy new design or anything.

helen-no-glass.jpghelen-no-glass.jpg

#156 10 years ago

You might wanna do two. One with tons of boobage and one for those worried about the kids. Personally speaking "I like boobs"....

#157 10 years ago

Lookin good! Falling in love with my Pro all over again!

#158 10 years ago

That overlay makes me want a pro. Nice work!

#159 10 years ago

That last one is perfect Aurich (for me anyway,lol)..., Yea, probably will need to make 2 different ones.

#160 10 years ago

Yeah I think this should be $10 more and come with vinyl decals of Helen to put on the upper or Lowe pf.

#161 10 years ago

This new decal material sounds like a winner, my printer is feeling good about it. I don't know the costs yet though. I've gotta go to NYC for business next Tues-Fri, so I probably won't be able to test it until I get back. And I'm still trying to find a Pro to test fit it on. I've had some offers from out of towners, might need to take someone up on that.

I could probably work up a variation where the flames were providing a bit more modesty, have a full on and semi-safe version. But honestly this idea wasn't really about being too safe. I guess it's up to personal taste, my girls are 6 and 9 and have watched daddy design this, and my wife helped me pose for part of it, so it's not a problem in my house.

#162 10 years ago

Really liking the shattered glass Helen!

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just let me know! We're already gonna be good for the minimum order, so this is happening, but I'm going to leave the first run open until the order pace slows down, I hate having to tell someone "too late, should have PM'd me a few hours ago". But at some point obviously I need to just shut it down and put the order in, don't want to leave everyone hanging for too long. That's why I don't collect money until it ships to me, don't like holding people's cash longer than necessary.

Aurich I'm in , add me to the list...

#164 10 years ago

Nice work Aurich!

IMG_00000583.jpgIMG_00000583.jpg

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Aurich I'm in , add me to the list...

Done, thanks.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Nice work Aurich!

Sweet, thanks for the pic.

Hmm, they look a little small though, no? Did I screw up a dimension or did they not print full size? According to what I was told they should be 5.5"x3"

This is why I like designing for machines I actually own, I can just go measure and test myself.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oops, forgot one more, it's just a variation of her smaller to reveal more like the one on the right, but without the glass and heavy flames, for those who like more boobage.
Not sure what the plan is for these yet, but didn't want to keep them a secret since they're not some crazy new design or anything.

helen-no-glass.jpg 99 KB

I want this decal just to have. Heck I may buy a couple for the backbox sides. (:

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's what I'm thinking.

#169 10 years ago

very Nice Aurich...looking sweet!. Send me a PM when you are in NY maybe we can grab a beer.

-Joe

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

very Nice Aurich...looking sweet!. Send me a PM when you are in NY maybe we can grab a beer.
-Joe

Thanks Joe! I'm in NY next week actually, but I'm there for work and probably won't have much in the way of free time.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here are some decal concepts, with original on left. It's the same design, this is actually where Helen started, I didn't move her to become a translite until later. My printer is testing a thinner glossy decal this weekend, and then will send me a test if it looks good.
One on the right was just some fun, making it look like a Premium/Pro where the lower playfield window has shattered to reveal Helen underneath.

Helen-Decal-Concepts.jpg 171 KB

I like the Original the best. It seems to blend into the playfield the best. The one you posted with more "boob" later doesn't really look that good to me because of her arms being what fills in the horns. Just doesn't blend into the playfield very well.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I like the Original the best. It seems to blend into the playfield the best. The one you posted with more "boob" later doesn't really look that good to me because of her arms being what fills in the horns. Just doesn't blend into the playfield very well.

Yeah, I hear that. I think they both have merits for different reasons, but the "Original" is actually the original vision. Horns inside the horns on the window etc. It's not a big deal to do a few different designs once they're printing, so people don't necessarily have to decide. If there's enough interest to run these I can just make a pack and you can choose after seeing them in person.

#173 10 years ago

Trying to visualize it on the playfield. It will be great to see on a playfield (or photoshopped) where we can see the entire playfield. Love it compared to the original art though for sure. Since it will visually be the centerpiece art on the playfield, just interested to see a complete overall picture.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Trying to visualize it on the playfield. It will be great to see on a playfield (or photoshopped) where we can see the entire playfield. Love it compared to the original art though for sure. Since it will visually be the centerpiece art on the playfield, just interested to see a complete overall picture.

Oh yeah, for sure, I've got some old mockups I need to update. Basically I'm slightly behind on the decal, but I felt like the time was right to announce the translite instead of waiting, so I just went for it rather than trying to get it all set at once. Would have been easier, but I dunno, something about the tone of the forum made me think I shouldn't wait. Maybe it's the Luci folks all getting their pins now.

I'll do that for sure. I'd like to take a real photo too, still trying to locate a local Pro.

#175 10 years ago

I like the first version the best. This would really make me consider going with a pro over a premium.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

+1
If these overlays had existed back in the day, it would have made my decision to by a Premium that much harder.

#177 10 years ago

I like the original and shattered glass. So is this decal something that would be more of a window tint style application where you use a soap/water solution and squeegee it on or a permanent sticker?

#178 10 years ago

I'm on the fence for ordering one. How long until you close it out? I have to convince my wife it will look great in our pinbar.

#179 10 years ago

Very nice work. Possibly the best user contributed stuff I have ever seen. I will use the cards. I would be in line for the overlay if I had a pro. I'd love to have some decals for the lower playfield or a complete overlay...

#180 10 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys, very helpful.

A few people have asked about decals for the lower playfield. I'll take a look at it next time I play someone's. No promises though.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from angus:

I'm on the fence for ordering one. How long until you close it out? I have to convince my wife it will look great in our pinbar.

I'm not 100% sure. The orders have slowed, but they're still steady. Some people aren't here every day like me. But I don't want to make everyone who's signed up wait too long. So maybe give it all of next week and then cut it off for the first run. Can do more later if there's still interest.

So you have some time I think, just let me know. I'm pulling for you!

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

I like the original and shattered glass. So is this decal something that would be more of a window tint style application where you use a soap/water solution and squeegee it on or a permanent sticker?

So I'm testing one now that isn't final, we just found something better, so I have to verify the new stuff (which is thinner) will act the same. But the plan is removable. Like a Fathead, tacky enough to stick down, but you can peel it back up to remove or adjust if you get an air bubble applying it. Takes a little careful working under the edge to get up, like enough to feel secure, but it comes up clean and easy, no residue that I can see.

I don't think you even need soap and water, just a squeegee or something like it would probably be enough, it's not that big and you can peel up to adjust if needed. I'll maybe start a thread to get a consensus and write up instructions.

I've got the test on my clearcoated Elvira right now. Not the final design, not the final material, but holding up great. You can see the edge of it just a little, new one is thinner to fix that. This one is matte, the new one is glossy, should match the playfield clear nicely. Even with this thicker one the ball goes over it clean, no problems.

eatpm-decal.jpgeatpm-decal.jpg

#183 10 years ago

I also thought this would make a bad ass topper, but I dunno anything about setting them up, might be more involved than I have time for.

topper.jpgtopper.jpg

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I also thought this would make a bad ass topper, but I dunno anything about setting them up, might be more involved than I have time for.

topper.jpg 76 KB

Topper should be topless!!!! lol

#185 10 years ago

Wow. You're going all out... cards, topper, translite, decal. This is Luci's evil twin sister.

#187 10 years ago

With that center sticker and translite a refinery pro may be the way to go!

#188 10 years ago

Yes the topper should be topless. Were is laserific?

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks for the feedback guys, very helpful.
A few people have asked about decals for the lower playfield. I'll take a look at it next time I play someone's. No promises though.

I think the same size decal you make for the pro playfield will fit the lower playfield on the LE/Premium. It'll just need to be trimmed a bit for targets and rollover wires.

#190 10 years ago

I am interested in a full ACDC Pro package price. So far, I think you just posted the translite price while you are sorting out the final specs and cost on the decal. Can I suggest you leave it open for orders pending a final description of what you would include in a complete package and full package price for those that want everything you are going to make. I would prefer to make a final decision and order based on that and get it all at once if possible.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I am interested in a full ACDC Pro package price. So far, I think you just posted the translite price while you are sorting out the final specs and cost on the decal. Can I suggest you leave it open for orders pending a final description of what you would include in a complete package and full package price for those that want everything you are going to make. I would prefer to make a final decision and order based on that and get it all at once if possible.

Yeah, totally hear that. I was going to wait until the decal was done for that reason, but something made me feel like I should just go for it.

I'll sort it out as soon as I can, you're not the only one waiting for that. I've noted your name down on a list for combo folks in case I need to contact everyone with details.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Yes the topper should be topless. Were is laserific?

I honestly don't know what I'm doing with the topper idea. Maybe I'll talk to Laseriffic and see if he wants to help me with them, I don't know if there's even any demand for it. I just mocked it up because it sounded like fun.

#193 10 years ago

That topper is amazing!!!! You need to contact Laseriffic!

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

That topper is amazing!!!! You need to contact Laseriffic!

I sent Joe a PM, maybe we can work something out.

#195 10 years ago

^^ You may be on to something with a Super Mega Pro pack featuring a decal, topper, translite, and cards. I'd be a buyer.

#196 10 years ago

maybe no totally topless. maybe do the one bra strap off the shoulder with one side falling off letting one tit fall out. that would be sexy.

Actually, he should do a more dimensional style topper with multiple color LEDs like he did with the train topper. Which I have and think is one of the best aftermarket toppers out there. And i'm not one for toppers, but I am one for Tits.

devil girl.jpgdevil girl.jpg
#197 10 years ago

I have 2 ideas for this and I will let Aurich decide what he wants. I do have a design that may be as good as
" The Train" in mind.

#199 10 years ago

If i would have a pro version and if i would be unlucky with angus face, i would choose the overlay in the middle.
But it would fit better if you zoom in a littke bit so the horns fits exactly as angus does.i think its not necessary to see the whole face of hellen.

#200 10 years ago

Awesome work! Thanks for the cards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.