(Topic ID: 78172)

AC/DC: New original translite, meet Helen! (New March run)

By Aurich

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSCN2462.JPG
9200.1.jpg
20141216_223216.jpg
image-396.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6002.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
acdcHelen.jpg
image.jpg
20150204_082537.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMAG0589.jpg
IMAG0588.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 27.
#1101 9 years ago

That looks awesome!! Very cool!! er... Hot!!

#1102 9 years ago

Helen is well arrived in France!

Thanks for this great job Aurich.

Maybe a cabinet decal set now...

DSCN5040.JPGDSCN5040.JPG

#1103 9 years ago

Helen is well arrived in France!

// Error: Image 228510 not found //

#1104 9 years ago
Quoted from Psykopat:

Helen are well arrived in France!

DSCN5040.JPG 181 KB

Awesome, I see a set of my speaker inserts made it to France as well!

#1105 9 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

The speaker inserts are awesome.
AC/DC has some of the best mods ever. What a great game.

#1106 9 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

If you're the guy of pinballtoppers, yes it's your set arrived this last wednesday

#1107 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

We had made our own thread for this but thought I'd post it here for all to see as this is the "Mother" thread. We got the inspiration from Shock-Me as he put Helen in hell earlier (see page 21) We almost followed his lead using the larger Helen to try and line up the eyes and mouth with the lights. Ultimately we went with using the further away shot and are more than pleased with the results. If you want to see our thread it is here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helen-in-hell-on-acdc#post-1626194 It has a few more pics of the process.

Helen Lower 1.jpg 82 KB

Helen Lower 2.jpg 68 KB

OUTSTANDING!

#1108 9 years ago

So I'm down to 2 last Helen translites from this print run, have more decals than that left though. I can do another run if there's enough interest, just see how it goes. PM me if you want one.

#1109 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1110 9 years ago

Down to the last translite off this run. No clue if I'll do more or if this is it, just have to see how things play out. I'll send the last one to the first person who PMs me an order.

#1111 9 years ago

Last translite sold, still have decals, can do a new waiting list for translites, PM if interested. Or we can let this die down if everyone who wants one has one. Was a good run either way, and really happy everyone has enjoyed.

#1112 9 years ago

I think the chick be called "Ellen" since that's the name of the girl Angus married many years ago

#1113 9 years ago
Quoted from woz:

I think the chick be called "Ellen" since that's the name of the girl Angus married many years ago

I prefer Rarehero's Hell pun.

I've had several inquiries about this lately, if I get enough interest to do another small run I will, but I don't have quite enough people yet.

#1114 9 years ago

Thought I would bump this up so maybe some others can get on the wait list. Just picked up an ACDC and adding helen is at the top of my mod list! If anyone has a helen translite they want to sell contact me! I can give you an address in the US to ship to you don't need to send it to NZ.

Cheers!

#1115 9 years ago

I think if I could get 3 more people in I'd have enough to make a run happen.

#1116 9 years ago

OK people get in line!

#1117 9 years ago

I am in

#1118 9 years ago

Great. Best to PM me so I don't miss it, but I've got you.

#1119 9 years ago

PM'd.

Seen in person, it looks -awesome-.

Must. Have. One.

#1120 9 years ago

I basically have enough people that I can tack on a small order this Shadow run I'm organizing. A few more would help, but I can risk a couple extras, not a huge deal. So I'll probably put the order in soon, if you're interested be a good time to let know, getting harder to get enough people together to do Helens.

#1121 9 years ago

Okay good news, my printer is letting me slot a small order of Helens on with the Shadow and I've got enough people to do that, so about to do this run.

So last call, if you want in on this let me know ASAP.

#1122 9 years ago

Order with printer placed. I got a couple extras to cover any latecomers.

#1123 9 years ago

Any update on Star Trek?

#1124 9 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Any update on Star Trek?

Yes and no. Good news is after getting derailed from it for a while I'm starting back up again, was working on it the other night, have more plans to this long weekend. Talking to my printer about a better material for the apron decals, something thick and strong and glossy, no peeling issues.

I can't promise a date for it yet, shouldn't even said anything about it probably, but too late now! I'll just try and get some momentum back on it.

#1125 9 years ago

Got my corners lit up!

#1126 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Got my corners lit up!» YouTube video

Huh, would love to see how that works in person, the video is just too out of focus to really tell.

#1127 9 years ago

Sorry holding phone and flipping is hard : )
Metal apron by hooked. Took out his inserts and put Helen stickers in there so they mount from underneath and have LED flashers light them up.

#1128 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sorry holding phone and flipping is hard

lol. It sounds like a slick idea though!

#1129 9 years ago

OK, got my daughter to play so I could film. Little better but not much.

#1130 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

OK, got my daughter to play so I could film. Little better but not much.
» YouTube video

Oh that's way better, nice. So the camera tends to blow out things that are backlit, how does it look in person? I obviously didn't design those to be lit up like that.

#1131 9 years ago

Well they work great : )

#1132 9 years ago

I know if I delay, this will be gone forever knowing my luck. Put me down for an order.

#1133 9 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

I know if I delay, this will be gone forever knowing my luck. Put me down for an order.

You're good to go, just PM'd you.

I have 3 left on this run now, but 2 of them are "maybes" from people thinking about it.

#1134 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Well they work great : )

That's awesome man, glad it worked, great idea. I guess having them so thin actually paid off for that, though I think next time I do apron decals I'll make them thicker for these textured apron surfaces.

#1135 9 years ago

When do you want payment?

#1136 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

When do you want payment?

I don't ask for money until the prints are done, I'll contact everyone when they're ready. If I have any updates about when they're scheduled to be done I'll post them, but the printer is working on them now. They're also doing new Shadow stuff at the same time, so once it's all ready they'll ship to me and I'll PM the list.

You're on my list, so you don't need to do anything else, just wait for me to let you know we're good to go.

1 week later
#1137 9 years ago

Just got the good word from my printer, shipping to me tomorrow. I'll contact everyone with instructions shortly.

#1138 9 years ago

Should I be worried for not been contacted yet?

#1139 9 years ago
Quoted from sacd:

Should I be worried for not been contacted yet?

Nope, I'm behind on the AC/DC contacting. My website where I host the AC/DC order page is down, if I can't fix it I'll just throw it up on dropbox or something. The package is still on it's way to me from the printer, so I haven't felt rushed. I'll see if I can get my site fixed today, or just use that fallback solution.

Sorry for the confusion!

Edit: Just talked to tech support, was a DNS issue. I fixed it, but DNS stuff can take 24+ hours to resolve. Might be better to just dropbox it.

Edit2: Everyone should have a PM now.

#1140 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Edit2: Everyone should have a PM now.

Ordered, thanks!

#1141 9 years ago
Quoted from sacd:

Ordered, thanks!

Got it.

We'll see how this batch goes, if everyone on my pre-order list actually comes through (normally I get a couple dropouts) then I only have one extra coming to me unclaimed.

#1142 9 years ago

If this is seriously the last call, one would be nuts to pass on this opportunity. Unless of course there is going to be a vault edition in the future ha.

#1143 9 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

If this is seriously the last call, one would be nuts to pass on this opportunity. Unless of course there is going to be a vault edition in the future ha.

Heh. I'll always make more if there's demand, but it harder to get enough people together for a run, so at this point any one could be the last, I can't just make one or two on demand.

#1144 9 years ago

Have you been keeping track of how many of these kits sold? I am curious to know around how many of these are out there.

#1145 9 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

Have you been keeping track of how many of these kits sold? I am curious to know around how many of these are out there.

I'd guess around 150 or so.

#1146 9 years ago

Wow that's still really good considering at one point you said you might not do this at all because of Lucis arrival. Cant wait till I can replace my apron stuff hopefully around this time next week.

#1147 9 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

Wow that's still really good considering at one point you said you might not do this at all because of Lucis arrival.

lol, true, I really came close to canceling the whole thing when Luci was announced.

#1148 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol, true, I really came close to canceling the whole thing when Luci was announced.

So glad you didn't! Helen rocks, and Luci doesn't do it for me at all.

Partially because her name reminds me of Lucille Ball, whom I loathe.

Favorite MST3K quote: "Wahh, Ricky! Turns out I was never funny!"

#1149 9 years ago

Just got the translites in, I'll start packing for everyone who's paid. Have 6 people who haven't responded yet, but if they do this run is totally sold out. Might get some drop outs freeing some, we'll see.

#1150 9 years ago

Great... I just met my new postal carrier (shes actually kind of cute!) and shes already giving me hell for and I quote "getting enough packages daily to give even the women on her route a run for their money". One more reason for me to bug her daily now till this arrives.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.