(Topic ID: 78172)

AC/DC: New original translite, meet Helen! (New March run)

By Aurich

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,322 posts
  • 208 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 201 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
DSCN2462.JPG
9200.1.jpg
20141216_223216.jpg
image-396.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6002.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
acdcHelen.jpg
image.jpg
20150204_082537.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMAG0589.jpg
IMAG0588.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1322 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 27.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Welp, just got two PMs claiming the last two Helen translites, looks like this run is sold out again. I try and pad with extras and people always seem to appear to take them. It's a good problem to have mind you, not complaining!

Great work should always be rewarded! ... Looking forward to receiving my kit.

-Mauro

#952 5 years ago

I've started the pre-order list for run 3, PM me if you're interested.

#953 5 years ago

Hellen n.jpg

She arrived today in the U.K.

#954 5 years ago

Great barton! Glad it made it okay.

So apparently some genius in the post office read Austria as Australia, and now I've got a package taking a long ass detour to Europe. Felling pretty crummy about that one, sucks because they're nothing I can do but let the process play out.

#955 5 years ago

I installed the lighting kit for Helen last night that I purchased from Arcade Upkeep and it totally rocks. Really brings out the distinct colors and makes Helen pop. The bubbling lava is righteous. I am very pleased with the new look. Thank you!!

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I installed the lighting kit for Helen last night that I purchased from Arcade Upkeep and it totally rocks. Really brings out the distinct colors and makes Helen pop. The bubbling lava is righteous. I am very pleased with the new look. Thank you!!

Awesome.

I think I'm gonna have some extras from this run, I increased it last minute one more time, I've just been keeping it quiet, they keep selling out too fast, makes me nervous to not have an extra or two in case something goes wrong. So I won't update the thread title again, but if you're still reading and want one I can probably hook you up.

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Thanks, glad you like it! They're still available if anyone else is interested.

#958 5 years ago

Luci is in stock. I suspect this first run will probably go fast but I should have more early next week. You can find them here: http://www.pinballtoppers.com/STERN.html

Thanks
David.

Image1.jpg

#959 5 years ago

I was waiting for that post. Just got my order in for the clean Luci version. My wife would certainly draw the line against the naked boobs. Thanks Dave!

#960 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I was waiting for that post. Just got my order in for the clean Luci version. My wife would certainly draw the line against the naked boobs. Thanks Dave!

If it makes you feel any better my wife doesn't know I made a dirty version. She's only seen the clean. Lucky for me she doesn't ever browse my website.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

If it makes you feel any better my wife doesn't know I made a dirty version. She's only seen the clean. Lucky for me she doesn't ever browse my website.

My wife told me she was drawing the line at making a t-shirt out of Helen and wearing it around. I scrapped that for a different design, wanted to make up something fun for wearing to PAGG. See how it prints up in a couple weeks.

#962 5 years ago

Got my speaker light kit! Thanks

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Got my speaker light kit! Thanks

I don't see any pics, so I don't believe you.

#964 5 years ago

Lol. At ring long bros circus with the kids. Saw the link and bought them on my phone. image.jpg

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

Luci is in stock. I suspect this first run will probably go fast but I should have more early next week. You can find them here: http://www.pinballtoppers.com/STERN.html
ThanksDavid.

Image1.jpg 31 KB

Just ordered!!... but I forgot the longer screws for my FF speakers. Would you mind tossing those in the box... I sent you a message via your website.

#967 5 years ago

Bubbling lava vs. one horizontal stripe of light? I'm in!

Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

Thanks, glad you like it! They're still available if anyone else is interested.

#968 5 years ago

Ordered both the speaker light kit (got clean and dirty) and the Arcade Upkeep back box kit. My AC/DC is going to be blinging for zapcon.

#969 5 years ago

I definitely want to see pics of the speaker lights installed.

So I'm down to my last translite, once someone grabs that this run is sold out, no more slipping in more, it's in production. Word from my printer is that they should ship to me next Tuesday. So I'll get them at the end of next week most likely, and I'll break down and ship out right away.

Edit: Soon as I posted this I got a PM taking the last one. If anyone flakes out I'll post what's available, otherwise just PM me if you want to be on a waiting list if I can do another run.

#970 5 years ago

Anyone that bought an ACDC Pro "Helen" playfield decal set want to trade? I prefer the close-up Helen on my playfield and would like a spare or two. Anyone prefer the zoomed out Helen or the Helen looking through the broken glass decal? I'll trade ya.
-Ed

image-302.jpg
#972 5 years ago

She's made it to Australia. Well traveled lady. Thanks for that.

#973 5 years ago

Looks like demand just hasn't died down like I thought, I'm well into starting a list for a third run. See if people keep popping up or not. Happy to keep doing them as long as people want them, and then let it die.

#974 5 years ago

Did the install for doughslinger today. Such an awesome difference! great job Aurich!

20140323_202121.jpg 20140323_202138.jpg 20140323_202157.jpg 20140323_213308.jpg
#977 5 years ago
Quoted from BlindVoyeur:

Did the install for doughslinger today. Such an awesome difference! great job Aurich!

Awesome. Thanks! If all goes well I'll be ready to send you your package at the end of next week.

#976 5 years ago

Awesome, thanks! If all goes well I'll be able to send you your package at the end of next week.

#978 5 years ago

The red lightning bolts? Are those from hooked?

#979 5 years ago

Those are from pinbits. Hooked has the stainless steel, black, and red powdercoat versions.

#980 5 years ago

20140324_204313.jpg

Helen and Luci fans need to get these speaker panel inserts, I just installed mine and all I can say is pimp!

These pictures do no justice.

20140324_204332.jpg
#981 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Helen and Luci fans need to get these speaker panel inserts, I just installed mine and all I can say is pimp!

Ha, those look sweet.

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

Seems they are sold out at the moment.

#983 5 years ago

The panel lights look dark in the photos. I had them on orange to match some of the orange in the translite lettering but, changed it to fade as the other colors look really cool going from shadowing her silhouette with darker colors to bringing out her contrasting details with the brighter lights.
20140324_204303.jpg

#984 5 years ago

I got my speaker grills in today. Going to install them today or tomorrow. They do look sweet.

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I got my speaker grills in today. Going to install them today or tomorrow. They do look sweet.

I know you got the topless ones, pics!

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You should install them via 3d method guys.. This really makes them look fantastic.

Method3 3d Install SmallSample.jpg

#987 5 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

You should install them via 3d method guys.. This really makes them look fantastic.

I can see where that would add additional dimension to it and look visually cool, however I would be concerned that the acrylic could be more vulnerable without the grill backing it up. I can see mine possibly getting cracked when I remove the speaker panel. Either way, its a great mod for sure.

#988 5 years ago

Ok dumb question. The directions say to tap the power down in the cabinet. I also need to hook up my TRC mod here. Splitters are out of stock. Anywhere else to buy them?

#989 5 years ago

Hard to tell from the pics, but it think this?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1802

#990 5 years ago

Thanks ! In the meantimeimage.jpg

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Ok dumb question. The directions say to tap the power down in the cabinet. I also need to hook up my TRC mod here. Splitters are out of stock. Anywhere else to buy them?

12v / 5v power splitters should be added to pinballtoppers.com stock tonight.

UPDATE: IN STOCK! Ignore the "Out of Stock" and it will still let you add it to your cart. The "Out of Stock" will be fixed later this evening.

http://pinballtoppers.com/STERN.html

#992 5 years ago

Helen translites shipped to me from the printer today, so once I have them I'll break down and send out to everyone who's paid up for the second run. I'd guess early next week, doubt I'll get it soon enough to make it out by Saturday, but if I do I will.

#993 5 years ago

Very excited I sent my payment yesterday! Now you can focus on Star Trek Premium

Kevin

#994 5 years ago

As I was just telling someone else who brought that up, I am working on Star Trek, just a little slow. I need to buy some airbrush paint to do the next stage, and I haven't had a chance to get it yet, maybe this weekend.

#995 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Got my Swap Box!

image-821.jpg 278 KB

Looks great!
Did you made the Box yourself or purchased it?

#996 5 years ago

Helen and Lucy finally met!image-414.jpg

#997 5 years ago

Aurich, what's the count of Helen's out there. I'd love to know how many pins went Helen. I know I'm not going back to sweaty Angus.

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Aurich, what's the count of Helen's out there. I'd love to know how many pins went Helen. I know I'm not going back to sweaty Angus.

It's over 100 now, but hard to say how much more life there is in it after this second run. I have a few people on a third run waiting list if I can drum up enough interest to reach the minimum I'll do it.

#999 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Looks great!
Did you made the Box yourself or purchased it?

I purchased it. Not really hard to make yourself if you're inclined, be a fun project and I certainly have the tools and experience. What I lack right now is the free time, so was happy to pay someone else for the work.

#1000 5 years ago

still can't keep those apron sticker down. They seem to curl worse and worse as time goes on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 95.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 1322 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside