(Topic ID: 78172)

AC/DC: New original translite, meet Helen! (New March run)

By Aurich

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSCN2462.JPG
9200.1.jpg
20141216_223216.jpg
image-396.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6002.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
acdcHelen.jpg
image.jpg
20150204_082537.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMAG0589.jpg
IMAG0588.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 27.
#551 10 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Not saying we are stoked to get this Translite!!, but my Wife already made a Shooter Rod to match!!

I effing love it.

#552 10 years ago

Nice on the shooter rod. Here is another pic... aparently taking translite photos it is best to use the flash as to not force the camera to overexpose / wash it out. This right here is almost exactly what it looks like in person color wise. I'd say 95% accurate... and FWIW that is using the "RED" configuration on the cointaker LED setup... basically white in the middle and red in the corners with the lower middle area turned off. Refer back to the pics of the naked backbox if you are wondering what I'm talking about.

DSCN0919.jpgDSCN0919.jpg

#553 10 years ago

Thanks for the pics and video. Can't wait to get my ones

#554 10 years ago

Looks fantastic! Can't hardly wait.

#555 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As well as you should!

Love the spinner

Bill

#556 10 years ago

My request

CONGO- anything would be better than what's there
Demo Man. - you could do some cool futuristic stuff with it

#557 10 years ago

Congo is a lot more likely than Demo Man. Personally I think Congo would be nice with a translite that matched the cabinet art.

#558 10 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Not saying we are stoked to get this Translite!!, but my Wife already made a Shooter Rod to match!! Check it out!
Glad you liked it Aurich! Great Job on Helen!! Can't wait!!!
Thanks Dave

MUST MAKE MORE AND SELL! MUST HAVE!

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

lol, I told him people would want it.

#560 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

She's working on them as I type this, I will have it on her Etsy Store as soon as they are ready and post it here. Lots of others there, check it out while you wait. (shameless plug for her... )

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinballShooters Lots of custom ones to, if there is something you want, but don't see... and others that aren't on the site yet.

Thanks, Dave

#561 10 years ago

The order has been place, I'm closing pre-orders for this run. I have a handful of extras for stragglers, PM me if you're one.

When I get an estimate for the date I'll update, and I need to send out payment info too. I have a link for everyone, I can PM it, or I guess put in here too, not sure if that's wise though.

#562 10 years ago

Looks great. I think I will put the Pro back on my want list. Star Trek would be fantastic and if it looks as good as the last two, I will be a buyer.

#563 10 years ago

FYI, I'm still waiting to make sure the printing has actually physically started (the order is in) before I ask for payments. Someone was concerned they hadn't gotten a PM from me and that they weren't on the list, don't worry, no one is forgotten, just didn't want to ask for money too early. Whole process takes a little time is all.

Some people have asked to pay early, and if you want to do that it's not a problem, just PM me and I'll send you the payment page link. I don't want to put it in this thread because I don't want people to who didn't pre-order to use it and then not have stock for them.

#564 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

Drumroll please.... Here is a video first of the backbox and then pics to follow.. I hate how the attach feature on here wigs out. Helen in the center is still the one I've had there for the past 2 weeks or so, but the difference between her and the revised "full size" Helen is pretty small. Here is the everything else and I will post some pics of the final middle decal when I get a chance. Still debating "breakout" over the full sized head which is most similar to the one I have on there now.
» YouTube video

I think a good way to lite this translite will be to put a few extra red and yellow leds in the areas where the fire is on the picture and then wire them in series with the ones that lite the fire on the playfeild. Then you would have the flickering burning effect that is on the playfeild on the translite fire. Also I think another nice touch would be to use some photoshop and decal paper and make an new plastic for the playfeild fire that has Helen standing in the hell fire. I will be doing that for mine.

#565 10 years ago

Hello again, the backbox board I've designed for this kit uses white LEDs to light most of it with colors to accent certain areas. Like the lava under Helen has dual controllers to give it a rolling red/yellow color changing effect. There are also interactive flashers all over to really make this translite pop and they are also colored to match it and give it some great effects. (And yes, there are boob flashers.)

You can get some more info here:
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/#/bb-fk-acdc-helen/4582345553

Can't wait to see how this all comes together!

#566 10 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Also I think another nice touch would be to use some photoshop and decal paper and make an new plastic for the playfeild fire that has Helen standing in the hell fire. I will be doing that for mine.

I'd love to mess with trying to get some new plastics made. Not that specifically, I'm not actually sure which plastic you mean, but just in general. Be fun to do new slingshot plastics for a lot of Sterns, I often find them less than satisfying. Like just off the top of my head, could Spider-Man have worse ones? Blech.

Can you take a pic of the plastic in question? Curious to see which one it is. Sorry I don't know this game better.

Edit: This one?

fiiiiiiiire.jpgfiiiiiiiire.jpg

#567 10 years ago

Yes ,that one you have in highlighted in the picture is the one I was referring to.

#568 10 years ago

What a bizarre plastic that even is.

#569 10 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

Hello again, the backbox board I've designed for this kit uses white LEDs to light most of it with colors to accent certain areas. Like the lava under Helen has dual controllers to give it a rolling red/yellow color changing effect. There are also interactive flashers all over to really make this translite pop and they are also colored to match it and give it some great effects. (And yes, there are boob flashers.)
You can get some more info here:
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/#/bb-fk-acdc-helen/4582345553
Can't wait to see how this all comes together!

Please post a demonstration video of this kit in action.

#570 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What a bizarre plastic that even is.

Yes, I always thought that area needs something else there. I was thinking put the Helen face with flames behind her and large AC/DC in the back ground behind her in the hell flames.

#571 10 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Please post a demonstration video of this kit in action.

Problem is he doesn't have the translite yet, he's just designing based on the mockup. Sure it will come out great, that's a fine way to design it, just hard to demonstrate now. I'd love to see the final product in a video myself!

#572 10 years ago

Just got two PMs in a row from people anxious that I hadn't asked them for money. So I'm thinking that my whole "wait until later" thing is maybe causing more problems than helping. I just didn't want to hold your money too long while you waited for the printing/shipping process is all.

I promise I haven't forgotten anyone, you're all in a nice Excel sheet, I'm very organized! That said, I think I'd better start contacting everyone. This is where I regret not getting email addresses, sending a Pinside PM to a huge group of people is a pain the butt vs a mass email. Next time!

#573 10 years ago

actually with that fire thing. I'm thinking about working with a 3D fire tunnel done in clear resin. then use the LED config to simulate the fire colors. Instead of it being flat plastic. I have a feeling it's going to be expensive for me to make it that way, but you never know. once I have this situation done I have going on, i'll work on it.

#574 10 years ago

You have loot......

#575 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

You have loot......

I started sending out the PMs last night, only did the first chunk of the list, starting the rest now. Woke up to my inbox blowing up.

#576 10 years ago

i think the crossed cannons ball deverter plastics have been begging for new art

#577 10 years ago

$$ sent..

#578 10 years ago

$$ sent

#579 10 years ago

You have my $$$

#580 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

You have my $$$

I have lots of people's $$$! I promise I'm only doing wonderful pinball things with it! (Technically I'm just sitting on it, I front the cash for the printing myself, but hey.) I'd say about 2/3rd of the pre-orders have paid. Typically the last 1/3rd takes a lot longer, it's one reason I ask for payments ahead of time, it just takes a while for everyone to respond.

Everyone who pre-ordered should have heard from me by now. If you haven't for some reason please get in touch.

Right now it's basically a waiting game. I've got all sorts of lovely Excel spreadsheet work to do, but other than that we just need to let the printing happen. If I get any updates I'll put them in this thread.

Thanks everyone!

#581 10 years ago

Got a request for price cards instead of free play, so if anyone is routing Helen you might find these handy. The PDF has both the Pro and Premium versions on it since I see both on route.

Download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/helen-price-cards.pdf

helen-price.jpghelen-price.jpg

#582 10 years ago

Anyone else know how these LED boards go into this game with that big ass Bridge rectifier heat sink in the way?

Apparently LOTR and TF do not have this. Damn thing sticks out way beyond what the threaded screw mounts can even go.

#583 10 years ago

It's odd that some Sterns have this and some do not. I think ACDC is the same, some do and some don't. I'll check mine tonight

#584 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Anyone else know how these LED boards go into this game with that big ass Bridge rectifier heat sink in the way?
Apparently LOTR and TF do not have this. Damn thing sticks out way beyond what the threaded screw mounts can even go.

I've never taken mine off. It was on there when I got it, but all that holds the backbox LED board in place is a couple of long threaded bolts and wing nuts... least that is how mine is. Also.. I think in my coin tray I have a part of what helped power up the old flourescent tube... seems like it may have been some sort of ballast capacitor or something.

#585 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The lower left has a cut out to fit behind the bridge rectifier. At least the ones from flipper fidelity do.

#586 10 years ago

Got a couple shots from the printer, thought I'd put them in here just so everyone could see there's progress.

The printing itself goes pretty fast, what makes things slower is cutting them all, doing the back light material laminating, and also any reprinting because they're great about quality control and will redo any that don't measure up to spec.

If I get any updates on when they'll ship to me I'll put them in here. I'm still waiting on payments from quite a few people in the meantime, maybe 25%.

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 2.35.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-02-18 at 2.35.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 2.35.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-02-18 at 2.35.59 PM.png

#587 10 years ago

Thanks for the pics . Makes me even more unpatient

#588 10 years ago

The arcade upkeep ones do not have the cutout. So I moved the bracket to the side of the head instead. Seemed to work out ok there.

#589 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you have to move the heat sink down slightly. it's normal practice when you mount a light board.
stan

#590 10 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

you have to move the heat sink down slightly. it's normal practice when you mount a light board.
stan

I did not have to move mine at all when I installed the Pinball Refinery LED interactive backbox kit

#591 10 years ago

not all AC/DC's have the heatsink on a 4" stand along with a 4" heatsink. I tried moving it down and there still wasn't enough room, so I had to relocate it.

#592 10 years ago

Any tips or tricks on applying the center play field overlay ?
Since you have applied and removed them any comment you want to share ?

I plan on cleaning with Novus and debating wet or dry application.

#593 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

I'd love input too, I'm not a decal master myself.

#594 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

I would just soap and water clean the area where the decal is going.... No sense in giving it more chance of potentially peeling up if it can't stick as well.

Line up the very bottom line and roll it up toward the horns. I started right on the line and it worked out great.

I actually was able to peel up the prototype with very little wrinkling....could prolly be re-applied...d.just to give you an idea of how they come off.

I put mine on dry and honestly unless using a tack solution trying to put on wet would likely not stick down well at all....this isn't like putting on window tint....

I use a t-shirt ink squeegee roller for vinyl and decals. I'd suggest rolling on lightly several times and then go arounfpd the very edges pressing down pretty hard to ensure the edges are down good. Don't "crush over" the rest of the graphic though....the harder you press....the more pronounced the angus art you are covering up will likely show through.

I find the shattered glass one hides angus's raised art lines better than the all face Helen.... IMO

I hope that helps.

#595 10 years ago

I gotta say... originally when I heard of the Helen package I wasn't sure how "whole hog" I'd like to see the machine transformed, but having overhauled it completely with decals I must say... I love it. Since installing the graphics I've bested my high scores over and over again. I've had recently a 60 million and my best just this past week at 77 million!

#596 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

I actually was able to peel up the prototype wapiti very little wrinkling

Now there's a funny auto-correct, a word I didn't know for a certain species of elk in place of "with."

#597 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

I gotta say... originally when I heard of the Helen package I wasn't sure how "whole hog" I'd like to see the machine transformed, but having overhauled it completely with decals I must say... I love it. Since installing the graphics I've bested my high scores over and over again.

I need a big ad with Helen and splashed across it:

"SINCE INSTALLING THE GRAPHICS I'VE BESTED MY HIGH SCORES OVER AND OVER AGAIN."
- Satisfied customer

#598 10 years ago

i was gonna say the same thing for installing the decal on the playfield, with soap water, normally it works great for pF overlay (did a few and never had a problem). but since it's a lot smaller it should be very easy to install.

man, can't wait to beat my high scores, 420 millions

#599 10 years ago

Good news everyone! </professor>

Looks like the print job will ship to me on Monday. So give it a few days to get to me, and then I'm gonna need a few more days to break this sucker down and ship it, this is a complicated one. I just ordered $400 worth of new boxes to put together.

So I'll update with progress, but worst case scenario is I'll need next weekend to finish packing and will get to post office on the following Monday.

I'm still waiting on payments from a handful of people, if you haven't contact me or paid yet please do so! I'm totally sold out, and people are asking if I have extras, so at some point I'm going to give your slot away to people who want it if I don't hear from you.

shadow-acdc.pngshadow-acdc.png

#600 10 years ago

That's great news!
I'll be taking my AC/DC Pro to the Louisville Arcade Expo March 7-9. Can't wait to show off the pf overlay and spinner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.