• Latest reply 11 years ago by Av8
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo(5).JPG
image.jpg
There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 11 years ago

I'd like to see them change the "skill" shot . At the moment you have the Super Skill Shot which needs a hard plunge into the jukebox , hold right flipper etc. ... but the normal skill shot is kinda boring and requires no skill whatsoever . I'd like to see it changed so that it awards you more if you don't move the flashing lane ( exactly like the normal / hands-free top lane skill shots on Avengers ) .

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hope not...one of the reasons I sold AFM. I don't need pinball to cause headaches. If this "feature" ever makes it into AC/DC, I hope there's an option to turn it off.
Greg

Just don't play it in a dark room. Strobe MB on AFM was like any other MB in my living room with a spotlight over each game.

#53 11 years ago

Can't wait as many have said a great game just keeps getting better

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

I'd like to see it changed so that it awards you more if you don't move the flashing lane

Exactly what I've been thinking...for awhile

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hope not...one of the reasons I sold AFM. I don't need pinball to cause headaches. If this "feature" ever makes it into AC/DC, I hope there's an option to turn it off.
Greg

Dude WTF are you talking about,.....Strobe MB is the greatest MB ever.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Why would we care what the game plays in attract mode? If that's true it has to be temporary until they use the songs in game play. Super lame.

I think it will be cool in attract mode but yes I hope the live songs will eventually be in the game as well. It would be pretty awesome to get to Encore mode and have the option to play through all 12 live songs to reach a final wizard mode the would consist of a 4 ball multi ball and lower playfield gameplay at the same time. Based on how popular this game is I hope that Stern will continue releasing updates for it.

#57 11 years ago

I just got one of these, and can't believe there is another update.

I wish they would add a ball save on the acdc drops when the can fires at it. About 30% of these shoot straight down the left drain without any chance of preventing. I like risk/reward, but that just seems like there should be a 1 second ball save.

The drops sometimes not going down are another frustrating thing, but no code will change that.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The drops sometimes not going down are another frustrating thing

I've had this problem on mine, but thought it was because it was a new machine and needed to be worked in a bit. So, this is a problem on all machines? Can anyone chime in?

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The drops sometimes not going down are another frustrating thing,

Quoted from frolic:

I've had this problem on mine, but thought it was because it was a new machine and needed to be worked in a bit. So, this is a problem on all machines? Can anyone chime in?

mine does it also.

#60 11 years ago

Don't get too excited about the release date until you actually see it drop. =)

#61 11 years ago

This is actually common on a lot of games with drop targets. It is frustrating, but it is the nature of the beast. It probably has to do with the fact that the canon is not level with the playfield.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

This is actually common on a lot of games with drop targets. It is frustrating, but it is the nature of the beast. It probably has to do with the fact that the canon is not level with the playfield.

I've thought of loosening the screws for the drop bank, holding this as much to the right as possible and tightening back up, hoping for an extra 1/32 of room behind them that may allow them to drop better. I’ll figure something out for that, I had my biggest song jackpot of almost 60m yesterday, and loosing something like that due to this issue would really not go over well.

If it doesn't go down, the ball springs back, and you get no points. If it does go down, the ball is deadened, and can drain down the left drain. It's hard to decide which kick in the nuts I prefer

#63 11 years ago

Dam, everytime I think this game kicks ass, Lyman does it again. I'm pumped to see what's new this time around.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

mine does it also.

Mine only does it if my jackpot is over 10 million, for sure if 20 million plus. You can count on it.

Machine hates me.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Dude WTF are you talking about,.....Strobe MB is the greatest MB ever.

While I agree with you; the Epilepsy warning on AFM is there for a reason. I wonder if this game is dangerous on it's own for people with this condition. It has a LOT of bright flashing lights for sure.

#66 11 years ago

Put in bigger star posts. Works like a champ.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#67 11 years ago

Sorry, quoting doesn't work on this machine. To help with the drains off the cannon shot.

I always shot the cannon while it rotated down and had that happen a lot. While playing at TPF someone let me in on a tip that has helped with this. wait to shoot the ball when the cannon is on it's way back up. After making that change to my play I didn't see it occure nearly as often.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

While I agree with you; the Epilepsy warning on AFM is there for a reason. I wonder if this game is dangerous on it's own for people with this condition. It has a LOT of bright flashing lights for sure.

I thought that warning was for liberals.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

frolic said:

mine does it also.

This has happened to me, but it's not even 1 out of 25 times, so it's not really a big issues for me...yet.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

This is actually common on a lot of games with drop targets. It is frustrating, but it is the nature of the beast.

ok, well if it is common with all machines i guess i can live with it. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I always shot the cannon while it rotated down and had that happen a lot. While playing at TPF someone let me in on a tip that has helped with this. wait to shoot the ball when the cannon is on it's way back up. After making that change to my play I didn't see it occure nearly as often.

Great idea, I'll try that. The A, being the lowest though, seems to be the most problematic for me, and I'm guessing since the gun stops there, that won't change, but maybe if I let it sit until it's ready to come back up...? I'll try.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Atomicboy said:

The drops sometimes not going down are another frustrating thing

Are you saying the drop physically does not go all the way down or are you saying it goes down but does not register? Had the "down not detected problem" with the three bank TNT drops as well as them going off all the time without being dropped. Stern replaced the PCB and it has been better, I also pushed the ground wires on the IDC connector in with my IDC tool as when I touched it the optos would go off.

Also have the opto going off without the target being dropped problem with the 5 bank, which is actually a bank of two and a bank of three. I have had to re-flow the opto's on them twice now and over time the problem comes back.

Anyone else been experiencing this? Has anyone come up with a solution? Would running jumpers on the back side keep the paths from failing? Anyone else had problems with the IDC connectors to the opto boards? I looked for a schematic for the three bank and could not find it in the manual, is it available anywhere? I have a spare 3 bank to test possible fixes on if we can come up with a solution. I am happy to do some testing if we have some ideas

#73 11 years ago

I'll just be glad to "update" and clear the old ubeatable bullshit that PDXMonkey put on my poor machine including the 1.5 billion grand champ score and this little nugget....

// Error: Image 80923 not found //

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

Are you saying the drop physically does not go all the way down or are you saying it goes down but does not register?

He is not saying either of those. You fire the cannon and the ball bounces right off the drop targets like they are glued in place! Seen this many times on my game and others have reported the same problem.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I'll just be glad to "update" and clear the old ubeatable bullshit that PDXMonkey put on my poor machine including the 1.5 billion grand champ score and this little nugget....

Holy crap!!!!!!!! Yea, I'd want to "update" to . . . maybe even to older software for a day or two just to remind yourself how good the new software is (and get rid of that little nugget). LOL

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I had this occur often when I first got my pin. I can't remember it happening recently though.
Have any of you also seen it improve over time?

#77 11 years ago

I've gotten about 350 games on mine, and I still have times when I smack the ball hard into the TNT targets and they don't go down. I'ts happened with the cannon shot many times, I've even had a couple that hit ABOVE the targets, that's pretty rare though. Hell, I have the same problem on my WPT! Just the way it is with Stern drops. At least they are nice and sturdy and probably won't ever break.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

At least they are nice and sturdy and probably won't ever break.

Heh. Definitely stock up on some spare stern drop targets. Especially with WPT taking 20 of them...

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Bischt:

Heh. Definitely stock up on some spare stern drop targets. Especially with WPT taking 20 of them...

I've yet to see anyone have an AC/DC drop target break. I was told when I bought my WPT that it had the "reinforced" drop targets whatever that means.

#80 11 years ago

Only once in a while will my drop not go down, and it is always the center one. It is usually a hit to the left side of the drop when it happens, like it is torquing the drop or something. Never had an issue with the TNT drops, yet. I usually get a drain straight down the left outlane when I hit just to the right side of the center drop.

#81 11 years ago

I think the problem with the drop targets is because of the type of target they used. The drops are the Tombstone style, and have a ridge on the backside to make the top of the target wider, so it fills the slot in the playfield when it is down.

What looks like is happening on my machine is the target flexes backwards when hit and the ridge catches on the rubber behind the drop target.

Using the non ridged style of target I think could solve this problem, but I haven't gotten around to trying it.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I'm not sorry

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

Using the non ridged style of target I think could solve this problem, but I haven't gotten around to trying it.

It might solve the problem,, but will cause massive air balls; it is a conscious trade off. My drops always go down from the cannon. On the TNT targets, rarely they do not drop. On my WPT, the center bank often does not drop because of the rubber and bar directly behind them. No problem, because I don't want air balls and I usually don't shoot directly for the center drops. I go for the three banks drop for safety sake.

#84 11 years ago

Just made this tonight with my GoPro Hero 3. Does my right flipper seem weak? This is a second run. Drops were an issue with my first Premium. Not this one.

Would like to see the lower playfield code integrated more. I never go there anymore.

Anyway this pin still keeps me coming back again and again ... a year later. Great job Lyman ... and SR.

#85 11 years ago

Awesome Video. Had fun watching it.
Looks like you could use a DMD glare guard and make it even better.

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Does my right flipper seem weak?

Right flipper looks like it has plenty of power - see how fast the ball goes up the ramp and back down - when you hit the shot straight.. You missed a ton of back hand shots to the right ramp - not the flippers fault.

And I am not criticizing, it is not the easiest shot in the world to make. Just saying the flipper is fine and to quote Evil Steve - "Play Better!"

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Just made this tonight with my GoPro Hero 3. Does my right flipper seem weak? This is a second run. Drops were an issue with my first Premium. Not this one.
Would like to see the lower playfield code integrated more. I never go there anymore.
Anyway this pin still keeps me coming back again and again ... a year later. Great job Lyman ... and SR.
» YouTube video

I feel the same way about the right flipper on my game- just seems a bit weaker than the left flipper.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

» YouTube video

Holy crap! You have that thing at 12 degree pitch or what?!

The ball moves completely different than it does on mine, which is set at 7 degrees.

#89 11 years ago

Its definitely weaker then when I got it. This happened on my last first run Premium. Yes I missed several shots! Camera was in my way.... yeah thats it. You always play worse on camera.

The ball glides up the ramps on my Pro effortlessly. And its steeper!!

I just made a good Pro video with ALL 3 MB stacked and STI showed up at the door to pickup my SM. Had to shut it off.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I've yet to see anyone have an AC/DC drop target break.

Mine broke the "C" target in ac/dc

#91 11 years ago

Sorry couldn't watch that video; so many bounce outs on missed shots.

Just bustin your balls AV8.

Quoted from Av8:

You always play worse on camera.

Maybe now you'll have a little more respect for my missed shots on avengers, and you've had a year of practice vs my 2 months!

#92 11 years ago

That angle is crazy steep. Makes it super easy to control the ball.

#93 11 years ago

Any word on when the update may come this week? Does Stern release their updates on certain days?

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Mine broke the "C" target in ac/dc

Well damn, I stand corrected! Those drops look pretty beefy too, so that's surprising.

#95 11 years ago

It was on route for some time, prolly 4,000+ plays before it broke.
It actually broke out below the PF, where the e-clips hold the target(w/washers & spring) it just blew a larger hole around the washer in the slot the target moves up and down in.
Then no more moving, just bound up.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Oddly enough my LTBR hasn't had this issue. I can't recall it happening even once.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That angle is crazy steep. Makes it super easy to control the ball.

+1

I still can't get over how incredibly different the ball was moving on that AC/DC. I've played 4 different AC/DC's, and none of them have ever played anything close to that. It's like a different pin.

#98 11 years ago

Here is my bubble. I found it plays like crap shallow.

photo(5).JPGphoto(5).JPG

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

+1
I still can't get over how incredibly different the ball was moving on that AC/DC. I've played 4 different AC/DC's, and none of them have ever played anything close to that. It's like a different pin.

Mine plays exactly like that. Except for all the missed ramp shots.....

Mine is set at 7 degrees slope.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from RacerRik:

Mine plays exactly like that. Except for all the missed ramp shots.....
Mine is set at 7 degrees slope.

That's weird, because mine is at 7 degrees too and plays nothing like that.

Quoted from Av8:

Here is my bubble. I found it plays like crap shallow.

I don't care about bubbles because they don't mean anything. They have wide variances.

AC/DC doesn't play like crap at 7 degrees. What do you consider "shallow"?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-code-next-week/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.