(Topic ID: 59786)

AC/DC - new code coming (used at PAPA 16)

By SunKing

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I figured some of y'all would find this interesting. Bowen was discussing why he hadn't completed the AC/DC rulesheet yet.

Quoted from bkerins:

More than that, I was waiting for the AC/DC updated code that was made available this week. It didn't make sense to work on this knowing that there would need to be significant edits later.

Quoted from bkerins:

Ah! I see now the updated code is not yet publicly available through Stern, but it was used at last weekend's PAPA 16 tournament.

Here's the full thread if you're interested.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-rule-sheet-funding-threaddonations-to-pinball-outreach-project/page/4#post-1046672

I'm excited to get updated code for AC/DC. ...curious what might be included.

#2 10 years ago

I talked to Lyman about it at PAPA. He devalued some of the scoring in Hell and made it harder to qualify the lower playfield in Highway to Hell. It sounded like the PAPA revision was just a small mod and might be part of the next actual revision as opposed to the entire revision, but he did not say that, I inferred it.

#3 10 years ago

Oh wow! Excellent news! It been a while since the last ACDC update but I know that Lyman has been busy with Metallica. Any idea on when the update will be released?

#4 10 years ago

Well, there goes my easy high score cannon shot on ball one. Guess I will have to hunt for other things to exploit.
It always felt so great to start on Highway to hell, smack the bell three times, then hit the right ramp to kill the lower play field at 2X scoring. This would lead to a cannon shot of at least 10 to 11 million on ball one.
even if you accidentally hit the ramp early without the bell shots, you could still easily get a 5 to 7 million jackpot shot.
Oh we'll.

#5 10 years ago

<bump>

Any of you 'insider' types have any new information on this?

#6 10 years ago

Interested in knowing as well!

#7 10 years ago

Only problem with new code is that it would wipe out my custom songs!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I'm excited to get updated code for AC/DC. ...curious what might be included.

Man another update you lucky dogs! I sure wish all of Sterns games got this type of treatment in the code department. If they did I would be buying more pins from them that's for sure.

#9 10 years ago

Multiplayer games on that new code didn't work right. After player #1 ball drained the machine would autofire the other player(s) ball until it got back to player #1. Game would do the same thing after each of player #1's drains.

#10 10 years ago

Damn I want an AC/DC so bad!

#11 10 years ago

I believe Iron Man at PAPA had new code on it also. I heard it added something to the instant info.

Here's to hoping the old gal Spider-Man gets some instant info love. It's pretty crazy that it has a virtual lock and no way of checking to see how many you have locked. Easily the biggest oversight on possibly the most polished game ever.

#12 10 years ago

Wow, and Hell was already annoying as it was. At least if they're making it harder to qualify I won't be wasting my time playing that sad excuse for a mini PF when I do have to play on a premium, for mediocre points. =|

#13 10 years ago

Shut. Up!

Iron Man instant info?!?

#14 10 years ago

I would think Stern would want to make the mini playfield more of an important part of the game especially since its one of the main reasons why so many people forked out more money for a premium / LE. I'm hopeful that Lyman will expand on the mini playfields use / rules.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Shut. Up!
Iron Man instant info?!?

Yep, although not perfect. I saw at least one screen that had mangled fonts at the edges due to the message not fitting (war machine multiball maybe?) It'll likely get polished and released publicly though. I think they wanted the beta installed since the game was going to be used in A finals. Same with ACDC to nerf H2H, and Metallica to nuke a playfield-validation exploit.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think they wanted the beta installed since the game was going to be used in A finals.

I was really hoping Iron Man (or X-Men or Metallica) was going to get picked in the finals...instead we get thrilling "bash the castle" excitement. I was watching the finals and mentioned to my friends: "Now this is why televising competitive pinball will never catch on". It was almost as bad as watching bowling.

I don't mean to give anyone a hard time about that statement...if it were my pick I would have went with MM myself. It just stands out as one of the least exciting games to watch when played by professional players in a tournament setting.

#17 10 years ago

IM got picked once, Lyman had a hell of a comeback on it.. I think it's between hours 2 and 3 on papa.tv. Announcers kept doggin' his shot selection, but eventually had to eat a bit of crow as he scored what, 40M? on his last ball and pulled it out Xmen LE also got picked and promptly dumped KME's ball off the moving iceman ramp into the drain. Methinks that title is now excommunicated from the church of PAPA...

Bowen's trap n shoot castle demolition was a thing of beauty, if a bit monotonous

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Xmen LE also got picked and promptly dumped KME's ball off the moving iceman ramp into the drain. Methinks that title is now excommunicated from the church of PAPA...

What they should of had them playing was an XM Pro then there would be no such issues. Really beyond me why someone would even think of picking an XM LE to be in a tournament over the XM Pro.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

What they should of had them playing was an XM Pro then there would be no such issues. Really beyond me why someone would even think of picking an XM LE to be in a tournament over the XM Pro.

I had no idea the ramp was even enabled. Live and learn! That's why I didn't pick it again lol.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I had no idea the ramp was even enabled. Live and learn! That's why I didn't pick it again lol.

Sorry, I did not mean to give you a hard time. I just think X-Men Pro would work well in a tournament setting but since some try the LE that has certain issues they may not give the Pro a chance. The Pro plays better IMO.

#21 10 years ago

The tournament directors chose the machines beforehand; there was no Pro in the finals bank for him to select, just the LE. It sounds like the ramp can be (and should have been) disabled in adjustments. Whoops

#22 10 years ago

fast forward to 0:48:35

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

» YouTube video

Gotta love the LE!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

» YouTube video

I don't know why the ramp would have been moving then. It must have been that he hit a 5 way combo....which makes the Icemen ramp move, but it didn't look like he was on a combo streak.

That combo is about as useless as they come and I would be just as happy if they would pull it.

The ramp moving during Iceman mode I like. If you lose one then because of the ramp moving...it's because you messed up and mistimed the shot. (Edit: Or as it looks to be in this case....you don't know the ramp is going to move in Iceman mode).

EDIT: I see it did move because he started Iceman mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-code-coming-used-at-papa-16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.