(Topic ID: 13616)

AC/DC names

By absocountry2

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“AC/DC names”

• AC/DCBIB & AC/DCLTBR 6 votes
      30%
    • AC/DCBIBLE & AC/DCLTBRLE 4 votes
      20%
    • BIBLE & LTBRLE & PRO & PREM 10 votes
      50%
    • AC/DCLEBIB & AC/DCLELTBR 0 votes

(20 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

OK, I keep seeing people use BIBLE and other names for the Back in Black AC/DC pin. My understanding there is no official naming for the pins, so I wanted to start a poll and see what most people actually think. I will tell you my vote and justify my view.

I am choosing option 1 because I think it fits the best. I am going to use AC/DCBIB as my example. The second option is not as good as the first because putting LE in with BIB is just duplicating the name. BIB is already a LE pin. To say LE implies that there is a non LE AC/DCBIB pin. There is just one of each version for a total of four versions. Do we really need more?

The third option has a couple faults with me. See the above paragraph for my problems with using LE with BIB for the first fault. My second issue is the obvious use of what BIBLE actually spells. I am not one to be hyper sensitive, however I feel using BIBLE to describe a version an AC/DC pinball machine could offend others for obvious reasons. I mean the songs are not really what the actual Bible teaches. Another point to be made against this option is that using this as the name would mean you would have to use PRO and PREM for the other pins and that does not work without AC/DC in front of it.

The fourth option I added based on the name from Stern. On Sterns website they call the AC/DC pins "AC/DC Limited Editions: Back In Black & Let There Be Rock." This option fails due to having LE in with BIB or LTBR.

I am not picking on Stern, just the names people are using. With all of the above reasons, I do have a problem with WOZECLE as well but I do not want that in this thread. This is in the Stern sub-forum. WOZ naming can be a different place and time.

What do you guys think the name should be? Feel free to support your option, you might have the point that will turn the tables.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

As for the other thread EC is not needed as LE is EC for that title.

That is what I though but I thought LE could drop and leave just EC.

#8 12 years ago

I think they are limiting the LE versions to 300 each, anybody verify?

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

I didn't see my choice. I'm going with BIBLE and LTBR (and of course ACDC Pro). Admittedly inconsistant, but seems right to me.

It does not make sense to leave the LE in BIBLE and not call the other LTBRLE, and I ran out of options to use. You pointed out it was not consistant though.

My biggest concern is trying to figure what pins are what in the future. I have dealt with inconsistant names in other things trying to get parts so I figured I would try to head the inconsistancy off now. I figure it would be easier than trying to explain all the different names to grandkids in the future or even trying to order parts in the future.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-names?tu=absocountry2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.