Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DirtyDeeds
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

What is the most lucrative song to go for on ACDC in a tournament situation on a Pro machine?

#2 7 years ago

I'm gonna guess BIB

#3 7 years ago

You can get good points on any song, it's all about having a good ball (ball control) and hitting the lit shots. I have found that the lower playfield songs (Hells Bells, Hell ain't a bad place to be, Highway to hell) give you low risk points since you can stack the points up without risk once you start the Lower playfield.

#4 7 years ago

No lower playfield on Pro...

#5 7 years ago

My bad! Haven't put much time on the Pro.

#6 7 years ago

If the tilt is loose should I just go "Shook Me All Night Long" all night long and do a lot of bumper shaking...

The code will most likely be early code as the location I doubt updates the code on the games...

#7 7 years ago

Hell's Bells as this works your playfield X as well. Haven't played much pro so I am not sure if that is a riskier shot or not just being a standup target.

#8 7 years ago

Tournament players tend to select War Machine, Shook Me, and Rock n' Roll Train.

#9 7 years ago

War Machine spinner for points

#10 7 years ago

Songs with safe shots are generally more popular. But to really cash in you will need to change the song before playing Album & Tour MB to something early in the progression. It's a good strategy to build up a good song jackpot then once the MB's are ready change to something like Rosie or TNT.

#11 7 years ago

Shook Me, Rock N' Roll Train, War Machine.

Recently got a 52M song jackpot using primarily War Machine. The 2x multiplier timed out right before I hit the ramp for the cannon, otherwise I could have had a 104M song jackpot.

My favorite song mode is actually TNT, but it is way too dangerous for tournament play.

Ron...

#12 7 years ago

Im still on a quest to determine this ! Its well balanced. For me Rosie. War Machine. Rock n roll train. Lately BIB. Yes Bowen said not to pick it but its working.

Also Bowen said its better to change songs to suit the next Mb your going for to stack the points.

#13 7 years ago

Depending on your skills.

If you are semi-good at live catching, then War Machine all day long. Not only are you building towards a song jackpot, you are advancing to the multiball.

Rock n Roll train is good, especially if you can backhand the left ramp.

Last is Rosie and Shook me, depending on how good/bad the feed is.

#14 7 years ago

I do better on the Bon songs

#15 7 years ago

War machine for me but gee the shaker must be working things loose lol

#16 7 years ago

Are you guys getting sick of the songs?

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

Not yet but it would be nice if they added a couple more or swapped some out.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

Hell no!!!....It has more tracks then most avg. pin & I can sometimes feel my foot tapping along as I play. I was never a huge ACDC fan growing up (much bigger GnR fan) but this pin has really got me into some of their music.

Most kick ass pin ever with the best soundtrack.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Not yet but it would be nice if they added a couple more or swapped some out.

Would be kinda hard to do that with the jukebox already in place. I can see them adding a song or 2 for mini-wizard modes & encore but highly doubt they will be swapping songs out for new ones.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

The only way I get sick of the song is if I am playing bad and I don’t get to hear the words.
But really get tired of these classic songs no way!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

I didn't get sick of the songs, for as long I know AC / DC and I will most certainly get sick of them in this amazing pinball machine!

Yesterdag a friend came over and he asked if he could take someone with him. Well they were both blown away by it, and while playing the game they were moving to the rythm and playing full of excitement!

About the most lucrative song, I'm not sure yet but for me it feels like 'You Shook Me All Night Long' is a winner in scoring and as a brilliant song!

#22 7 years ago

I played a tournament with the pro last weekend and highway to hell was my go to. On this particular machine, you could hold up the right flipper and the ball wouldn't roll over so you could back hand the right ramp repeatedly. Thats about as safe as you can possibly get but its a long, boring way to play.

#23 7 years ago

You don't seem to get much points for backhanding the RRtrain ramp. Man I hit it a bunch of times and got like 9mil

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

You don't seem to get much points for backhanding the RRtrain ramp. Man I hit it a bunch of times and got like 9mil

Yea its not worth much but you play jam mb a lot. I used it in the tournament because it was safe and easy. I think my qualification score was 84m after 3 games on it dunno if thats good or not.

#25 7 years ago

War machine,spinner......winning!

#26 7 years ago

Zaxxis proved the war machine technique to me. I forget the score, but 2 people went to get pizza, and came back in one ball on war machine over and over.

Who knows if the update will make a different technique necessary. Right now it's war machine all day long if you're playing for points.

#27 7 years ago

In both Rock & Roll Train and Highway to Hell, the big award is to make a combo that starts from the ramp, not repeated shots to the same ramp.

For example, in Rock & Roll Train, the left ramp itself is worth 125,000, but a second shot to the right ramp or right loop is worth 400,000 and lights all other shots for 400,000.

I think the game is very well balanced, and I think you can get a lot of points by playing songs that align with multiball goals. You can earn a LOT of points from making song jackpots during multiball, which forces you to vary your song or concentrate on songs that are early in the AC/DC catalog like TNT and Rosie.

I'm not sold on "War Machine All Day" but I can see how it is a good idea when the loop return is manageable.

- Bowen

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

I played a tournament with the pro last weekend and highway to hell was my go to. On this particular machine, you could hold up the right flipper and the ball wouldn't roll over so you could back hand the right ramp repeatedly. Thats about as safe as you can possibly get but its a long, boring way to play.

Oh, are you the one that was at Nickelrama doing that? Yeah, I about want to throttle you if that was you. I'm officially calling AC/DC crap for tourney play unless the last code revision lowers the value of that particular strategy. Retarded. On Train, that ball is coming back so hot that unless the machine isn't level, you aren't going to keep it on the flipper by doing nothing at all. Apparently the right ramp is different. Not only did I get beat by a snoozer strategy like that, but sitting through it in the final game of the tourney...jesus christ, I wanted to just walk off. I don't know if that's specific to Nickelrama's setup or all AC/DC's, but if it's all AC/DC's, it's GOT to be the cheapest, dumbest way to get multiballs and jackpots by FAR. You shot that ramp what...50+ times?

I should've picked Avatar or BDK and kicked some ass, but no....

#29 7 years ago

Bah, it's not truly boring AC/DC play unless you shoot the right ramp at least 400 times.

#30 7 years ago

My best song is Rock and Roll Train. My worst song is Back in Black.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Bah, it's not truly boring AC/DC play unless you shoot the right ramp at least 400 times.

Nobody likes a ramp rapist. I hope you went to confession when you got home.
d

#32 7 years ago

A 'ramp rapist'? New term on me. I went to confession myself recently. It had been ages and I'd been naughty. The cubicle was all decked out like some of you dudes's games rooms! Velvet seat, a bottle of wine and a bottle of scotch with some fancy shot glasses! And a bowl of shrubbery! I said "Forgive me father for I have sinned, its been a long time since my last Confession, but before I Confess I must say youve really done the place up nicely! He said "get out, you're on my side"

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

damn you!

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh, are you the one that was at Nickelrama doing that? Yeah, I about want to throttle you if that was you. I'm officially calling AC/DC crap for tourney play unless the last code revision lowers the value of that particular strategy. Retarded. On Train, that ball is coming back so hot that unless the machine isn't level, you aren't going to keep it on the flipper by doing nothing at all. Apparently the right ramp is different. Not only did I get beat by a snoozer strategy like that, but sitting through it in the final game of the tourney...jesus christ, I wanted to just walk off. I don't know if that's specific to Nickelrama's setup or all AC/DC's, but if it's all AC/DC's, it's GOT to be the cheapest, dumbest way to get multiballs and jackpots by FAR. You shot that ramp what...50+ times?
I should've picked Avatar or BDK and kicked some ass, but no....

On the ones I've played, you can't just hold the flipper up to stop the feed from the right ramp. You'd have to smack it into the bottom of the sling, which is not always easy and the ball can get away from you.

Also on the ones I've played, the ball is always going just fast enough to roll off the end but not jump the gap to the opposite flipper, making the feed rather hard to deal with and forcing an on-the-fly shot.

#35 7 years ago

You can hold the right flipper up but you can do like what Bowen does and give a little flick just before the ball gets there. It seems to take the energy out somehow.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

On the ones I've played, you can't just hold the flipper up to stop the feed from the right ramp. You'd have to smack it into the bottom of the sling, which is not always easy and the ball can get away from you.
Also on the ones I've played, the ball is always going just fast enough to roll off the end but not jump the gap to the opposite flipper, making the feed rather hard to deal with and forcing an on-the-fly shot.

All the machines at Nickelrama seem to have some amount of lean, usually to the right. It's pretty noticeable when you are expecting a ball to hit and bounce off the left flipper and the path actually curves and goes to the middle

#37 7 years ago

Back when the game first came out, I played the pro at a launch party in Seattle, ended up winning the tournament even though I really didn't know what I was doing Chose Hell's Bell's every time just because I like the song, and I guess I did well because I found the bell shot to be easy for me to hit, and it payed off. Not sure if that's a good strategy or not, but it worked for me

#38 7 years ago

So many strategies with acdc. Hells bells can pay out on pro.

Do you try build the song jackpot up or cash in ASAP? I cash in.

#39 7 years ago

just shoot for whatever is lit especially the devil horns

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

You can get good points on any song, it's all about having a good ball (ball control) and hitting the lit shots. I have found that the lower playfield songs (Hells Bells, Hell ain't a bad place to be, Highway to hell) give you low risk points since you can stack the points up without risk once you start the Lower playfield.

what do you do once a decent jackpot has been built?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

what do you do once a decent jackpot has been built?

I rarely ever cash it in unless I have 2x or 3x running.

#42 7 years ago

I always cash in especially with 2 or 3X

#43 7 years ago

I am trying to not cash in and go for as long as poss but its so risky. Its worth it tho and those cool noises tell you yer doin it right?

#44 7 years ago

Can we have some new code now?

#45 7 years ago

can we?

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I went to confession myself recently. It had been ages and I'd been naughty. The cubicle was all decked out like some of you dudes's games rooms! Velvet seat, a bottle of wine and a bottle of scotch with some fancy shot glasses! And a bowl of shrubbery! I said "Forgive me father for I have sinned, its been a long time since my last Confession, but before I Confess I must say youve really done the place up nicely! He said "get out, you're on my side"

Gold

#47 7 years ago

and a new song?

#48 7 years ago

Live Wire?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside