• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by zr11990
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

That really sucks, hearing damage is permanent so I can see why his doctors are telling him to stop. After years of concerts I'm sure it takes a toll on the ears, even with proper ear protection.

I'm really glad my wife and I got to see them last year at Ford Field, it was an incredible concert. I couldn't believe just how loud the show was, even with higher end ear plugs I'm sure hearing damage can still happen while performing over multiple shows.

My wife and I both have and use the ear plugs below at concerts. Unlike typical foam earplugs these don't muffle / distort the sound but instead seem to just lower the volume to your ears. The ACDC concert sounded far better with these on as opposed to the few seconds I took them off and couldn't believe how loud the show was. We have been wearing these at concerts ever since sitting front row at a U2 concert and not being able to hear well for nearly 24 hours after the concert. With the plugs below neither us get ringing in the ears / ear aches after concerts.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0015WJQ7A/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

#3 8 years ago

That is too bad. Brian Johnson looked in great shape in St Louis. What was funny watching the show was: Basically the BJ/ Angus show. The oher three members were just wall flowers. They were by the back wall the whole time until it was time to walk forward and do some back up vocals.

#4 8 years ago

I gotten email last night. Had tickets for Friday. Very disappointed but hoping he heals and gets back on the road soon.

#5 8 years ago

"ACDC featuring Paul Rodgers" isn't going to work. Pretty sure Paul Rodgers just sits at home waiting for bands with issues to call him.

#6 8 years ago

Damn..
There goes the remake...

#7 8 years ago

As i heared, the damage was caused because of the car races, not from the music. But the last tour made it more worse.

#8 8 years ago

This is sad, but not pinball-related and therefore not in the right thread category. And there is another thread on the very same topic which is already in the basement...
Moved.

#9 8 years ago

Hay guys this thread is in the wrong location, should be located in “sights-and-sounds”.
Moved.

#10 8 years ago

Obviously AC/DC are in "show must go on" mode. I'll probably still attend the MSG show when it is rescheduled, to say a proper goodbye. Glad I caught them at the Stadium in jersey in the summer.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Obviously AC/DC are in "show must go on" mode. I'll probably still attend the MSG show when it is rescheduled, to say a proper goodbye. Glad I caught them at the Stadium in jersey in the summer.

Dude, I saw the show last Friday here in Houston and it was awesome. Angus is old, he looks old but he can still bring it. He did a 20+ minute solo and tore it up. The last time I saw them was when I was in high school so I'm glad I got to catch them before they were gone. I'm sorry for the people who will miss them because of this. It blows for them as well. It also blows that all the great rockers are old and dyeing off and not being replaced by new bands. Rock is pretty much dead, at least in the form my generation is used to. As a wise person once said " Rock on Dudes"

#12 8 years ago

It looks like Houston may be the last show ever, at least with Brian Johnson, so that's cool you got to see it.

I've seen 'em plenty of times so no regrets, the last being in August. The best show for sure was when I saw them in the smallish concert hall Roseland in NYC in 2002. Place had room for 2,000 people - and it was a free show!!! I still have the t-shirt...and it "almost" still fits (as you can see in the photo on the far left!)

That's why I keep going to these shows. The bands still bring it, I still have fun, and it can literally end overnight.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#13 8 years ago

Well, I guess that proves it.

Eventually, Even Brian Johnson will get tired of hearing AC/DC songs every night!

#14 8 years ago

Sounds like a good time. I wish I had seen them more but hey, it is what it is. Looks like you guys had a good time. I think the guy with all the hair should share some with you Levi.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-more-bad-news-b-johnson-told-to-stop-touring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.