IMG_5501_(resized).jpg
IMG_5503_(resized).jpg
IMG_0137_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-04-10_at_4.53.27_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-04-10_at_4.52.37_PM_(resized).png
IMGA0165[1]_(resized).JPG
DSCN2125_(resized).JPG
ACDC_Mounted_(resized).JPG
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

So I'm sifting through tons of threads and trying to piece it all together...

As a newish member here and a VERY new ACDC owner (well, its been ordered), I was looking for a comprehensive list of the very best mods.

I'm waiting for delivery on a Premium model with shaker.... thats all i got so far!

School me please:

#2 11 years ago

The best ones are sold at pinballlife.

#3 11 years ago

Yes I agree check out pinballlife.com list.
They just got their first shipment of my mod also.

Pinbits plastic protectors to me is a must have.

#4 11 years ago

Here is an idea for a high end mod for a real ac/dc lover who is dedicated.

Not sure if it is possible but could be awesome for the Pro owners, what if you purchased while available a AC/DC Premium playfield while you can then merge all the fittings etc from the Pro playfield to the Premium but then get someone like one of the Creature LCD Mod guys to do the AC/DC lcd mod for the see through section of the Premium playfield and then have concert footage showing etc. Could make a Premium guy want a Pro.....

Now who would take the big step and you also get to keep a Pro playfield on the wall as a backup or decoration.

with the picture imagine the bottom playfield being a lcd with concert songs or fire footage or cannons shooting or trains smokin by, or even a blast of smoke when you shoot the cannon
24.jpg24.jpg

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Here is an idea for a high end mod for a real ac/dc lover who is dedicated.
Not sure if it is possible but could be awesome for the Pro owners, what if you purchased while available a AC/DC Premium playfield while you can then merge all the fittings etc from the Pro playfield to the Premium but then get someone like one of the Creature LCD Mod guys to do the AC/DC lcd mod for the see through section of the Premium playfield and then have concert footage showing etc. Could make a Premium guy want a Pro.....
Now who would take the big step and you also get to keep a Pro playfield on the wall as a backup or decoration.
with the picture imagine the bottom playfield being a lcd with concert songs or fire footage or cannons shooting or trains smokin by, or even a blast of smoke when you shoot the cannon

Or just use the money that you are using to buy a Pro & Premium PF to just originally buy a Premium???

#6 11 years ago

when I play the premium I avoid all the hell songs as the bottom playfield does nothing for me. I don't mind the game overall though

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

when I play the premium I avoid all the hell songs as the bottom playfield does nothing for me. I don't mind the game overall though

Your missing a great way to crank up the song jackpot safely then if you can get to the mini PF when 3x is running on H2H when the SJ collect is lit.

#8 11 years ago

Laseriffic makes Nice stuff, check out their website
For protection go for Cliffy

Than check out Hemi's work

I added also some figures, mirror blades are very nice. Changed back box speakers, check out markmon work on the sound topic

Have fun unpacking it, you will enjoy it image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Laseriffic makes Nice stuff, check out their website
For protection go for Cliffy
Than check out Hemi's work
I added also some figures, mirror blades are very nice. Changed back box speakers, check out markmon work on the sound topic
Have fun unpacking it, you will enjoy it

Did you notice an improvement after changing the backbox speakers? Did you add an amp as well for the existing subwoofer?

Thanks!

#11 11 years ago

headphone kits in Ac/Dc are the best mod by far. A good set of over ear headphones and theres bass notes you didn't even notice in the game during play....crank as loud as you want with out someone telling you to turn it down...i thought Tron was amazing to have this after market kit for but ac/dc takes the cake.
they are in stock at Pinnovators.com

or email [email protected] for questions or help

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Did you notice an improvement after changing the backbox speakers? Did you add an amp as well for the existing subwoofer?
Thanks!

Yes I noted a difference, used coaxial speakers. Didn't add the amp, am already experiencing rattling. I used the antirattle tape from pinballpro to get rid of it. On my list is an external sub if I have in the future nothing to do

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone else seen this TNT mod? 6 LED's?!

That TNT plunger mod is awesome! I ordered one after seeing it in Trent's AC/DC at the Fairfax Pinball Open. It was simple to install and really makes the TNT shot stand out when you get it. Lasermel custom makes the PCB's so they fit and look like a factory part.

#15 11 years ago

Must do:
Hemi cannon & LED mod
FF speaker kit

Should do:
Laseriffic drum & guitar
Laseriffic topper
Undercab lighting
TNT LED mod

Can do:
Hemi's TRC mod

#16 11 years ago

Should have noted Backbox and undercab will be plug and play when ordered together.

They are Sick together! Well be on display in Hemis machine at the Detroit show this weekend with TRC as well.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Should have noted Backbox and undercab will be plug and play when ordered together.
They are Sick together! Well be on display in Hemis machine at the Detroit show this weekend with TRC as well.

do you have a vid of the combo in action?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

do you have a vid of the combo in action?

No vid yet but should have some up soon.

2 years later
#19 8 years ago

AC DC mod bump any new mods?

4 months later
#20 8 years ago

This is my DIY project but I think a vendor is working on a packaged version.

#21 8 years ago

Hooked's pop bumpers are amazing!! They say "Family Jewels" and have two cut outs with blue leds that flash every time you hit the bumper. Really look gorgeous. Seriously, one of my favorite mods.

In addition, I have the horn topper from Mezel Mods. It looks okay sitting on top, BUT, the key is when the pop bumpers are hit, the horns flash. Looks super cool and people love it (if they look up and see it, that is).

#22 8 years ago

I can tell you which one is the worst:

That cannon atrocity. Every time I play one I'm horrified by this gigantic cannon slapped on top of the cannon mech. It makes the shot harder since it completely changes the optics of the shot, and you can't see the ball. I also have to wonder what sticking that heavy piece of garbage on top of the rotating cannon is going to do long-term that mech. I'm sure the added stress, imbalance, and weight isn't going to be good for it.

A clear case of mod abuse. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. It's an expensive waste of money and it makes the game worse to play.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can tell you which one is the worst:
That cannon atrocity. Every time I play one I'm horrified by this gigantic cannon slapped on top of the cannon mech. It makes the shot harder since it completely changes the optics of the shot, and you can't see the ball. I also have to wonder what sticking that heavy piece of garbage on top of the rotating cannon is going to do long-term that mech. I'm sure the added stress, imbalance, and weight isn't going to be good for it.
A clear case of mod abuse. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. It's an expensive waste of money and it makes the game worse to play.

As someone who has as heavily modded AC/DC as anyone, and who hates how cheap the stock cannon looks, I wanted to like the cannon mod but had reservations along the lines you state. I still haven't seen one in person but I would probably feel the same way as you.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

As someone who has as heavily modded AC/DC as anyone, and who hates how cheap the stock cannon looks, I wanted to like the cannon mod but had reservations along the lines you state. I still haven't seen one in person but I would probably feel the same way as you.

The first rule of a mod should be "do no harm," and it's a rule I see violated all of the time. That's because there's a market for it - there's a seemingly unending supply of people who will buy everything and anything they can slap on their game, regardless of how tacky and/or obstructive it is.

If the mod interferes with game play, distracts the player, or causes potential damage to a game it should be a non-starter. Good mods complement the game and look like they belong there. Bad ones do the opposite.

And hoo boy, are there a LOT of bad ones.

#25 8 years ago

I have had the cannon on my AC DC for a couple of years. It is really light weight and doesn't do any harm to the mechanism. There is a heavy duty motor that rotates the cannon nicely. I haven't had any complications or abnormalities since I installed it back in the day. Personally ,I think it is a great upgrade to that ugly mech that shoots the ball. I mean really , it is a cannon, it should look like one. That hand painted cannon , in addition to the leds in the wick area and the front of the cannon reacts with the movement and really enhances the look in the game.

#26 8 years ago

I have 1 train topper available if anyone is interested.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

This is my DIY project but I think a vendor is working on a packaged version.

This case is available to enclose and give these DIY barmeters a finished look:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/HBFEQDC67/acdc-style-vu-barmeter-case?li=shop-results&optionId=59439181

#28 8 years ago

I just want Stern to release the mythical retrofit swinging bell for my 2012 (non-LED) Pro, but it's not looking like that will ever happen.

#29 8 years ago

These are custom painted to bring out the details of the molded toys. The blue version is for the BIBLE. I think they came out pretty nice. I would be happy to custom paint these for any pinsiders. Other examples of custom paint work and cool mods can be seen at www.modfatherpinball.com
train_blue2_(resized).jpgtrain_blue2_(resized).jpg

bell_red_(resized).jpgbell_red_(resized).jpg

train_red1_(resized).jpgtrain_red1_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#30 8 years ago

The case we designed and painted for my barmeter mod.
Met case shown here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-vu-bargraph-meter-mod/page/2#post-3086144

ACDC_Mounted_(resized).JPGACDC_Mounted_(resized).JPG
DSCN2125_(resized).JPGDSCN2125_(resized).JPG

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

AC DC mod bump any new mods?

Yup new one here, my LED Leg Light-Ups. I don't have a picture of them on the game but I KNOW they would look great, for sale in the Market Place. See my topic "New LED Leg Light-Up". Here's a picture of what blue looks like on my Avatar LE.

IMGA0165[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0165[1]_(resized).JPG

#32 8 years ago

yep got something, it's been in my machine for 2 years + now. i'm just not in a hurry, to me it's not a race.

also, funny because i have all the parts for the meter (different, more colours) but never got to it, i was busy doing something else.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

yep got something, it's been in my machine for 2 years + now. i'm just not in a hurry, to me it's not a race.

what is it you have (and what race)?

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

what is it you have (and what race)?

in time, when i'll make the announcement it's because it's ready.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

in time, when i'll make the announcement it's because it's ready.

ok - just a tad confusing that it's been in your machine for over 2 years, but it's not ready. don't let me rush you

#36 8 years ago

I've been modding my pro quite a bit lately and want to change both static pictures at the back of the table, the train on the left and the band picture on the right. Is there anywhere to buy a train model to install on a pro? Also is there any mod for the static band picture at the back right?

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

ok - just a tad confusing that it's been in your machine for over 2 years, but it's not ready. don't let me rush you

lol. no, just need to get a few more.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

The case we designed and painted for my barmeter mod.
Met case shown here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-vu-bargraph-meter-mod/page/2#post-3086144
ACDC_Mounted_(resized).JPG
DSCN2125_(resized).JPG

I saw the blank ones of these on Shapeways and was curious of where they were used.

what do they sell for with the bar meter led and painted? do you have a dedicated thread for these?

#39 8 years ago

Send your bell and your train to the modfather.

Here's how he painted mine...they look awesome in person.

Screen_Shot_2016-04-10_at_4.52.37_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-04-10_at_4.52.37_PM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-04-10_at_4.53.27_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-04-10_at_4.53.27_PM_(resized).png

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I saw the blank ones of these on Shapeways and was curious of where they were used.

what do they sell for with the bar meter led and painted? do you have a dedicated thread for these?

The cases are used with the LED barmeter mod that I came up with a couple of months ago. I encourage everyone to build it themselves - step-by-step details (P/Ns, etc) in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-vu-bargraph-meter-mod
It's not hard to build.

My nephew designed the cases for me and is selling them on Shapeways (https://www.shapeways.com/shops/pinballbarmetercases). He does not paint them - I would highly recommend modfather for that if you don't want to give it a try yourself - he obviously does great work.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

The cases are used with the LED barmeter mod that I came up with a couple of months ago. I encourage everyone to build it themselves - step-by-step details (P/Ns, etc) in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-vu-bargraph-meter-mod
It's not hard to build.
My nephew designed the cases for me and is selling them on Shapeways (https://www.shapeways.com/shops/pinballbarmetercases). He does not paint them - I would highly recommend modfather for that if you don't want to give it a try yourself - he obviously does great work.

I must of missed that thread, will have to check it out, and great that you are encouraging DIY but if someone like a modding business takes it on and starts selling them I hope that you earn yourself a few bucks on each unit sold considering your have done all the design work. Don't sell yourself short - pinball kitty money there

as for the paint job on the AC/DC one - looks sweet

love seeing people's creative work

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I must of missed that thread, will have to check it out, and great that you are encouraging DIY but if someone like a modding business takes it on and starts selling them I hope that you earn yourself a few bucks on each unit sold considering your have done all the design work.

FYI - There is a modder that will be making the barmeters. It's funny, I haven't even received a simple thank you from him, much less anything else - only time I hear from him is when he wants information on how to build it. I'm sure he will do a good job with the barmeter, but as a person, he's about as cheap as I've ever met. If he doesn't come through soon though, I will put my nephew in business to sell the entire kit this summer when he gets out of school.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

FYI - There is a modder that will be making the barmeters. It's funny, I haven't even received a simple thank you from him, much less anything else - only time I hear from him is when he wants information on how to build it. I'm sure he will do a good job with the barmeter, but as a person, he's about as cheap as I've ever met. If he doesn't come through soon though, I will put my nephew in business to sell the entire kit this summer when he gets out of school.

Sudsy7, I think you are referencing me. Before I go down the path, please verify.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

it's a very nice mod, personally if i were you i'd do it myself.
that'd be a good way for your nephew to make a few bucks this summer.

that's why i never announce something before it's done and i have everything ready to go.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

you don't often get a thank you, but I would give the work to your nephew, a little extra coin is always handy in life especially if he is in school - talented kid and people will wait if it is cool and this is cool

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

All of the complaints are overdone.

It doesn't increase the blind spot over the in/out lanes... That's already there.

Can't see the ball? You can't with the stock either... Nor does it matter. It actually gives you more of an aiming assist due to the canon barrel acting like a pointer

Weight ? The thing is a featherweight

The only real impact is the tail blocking the in lane during multiball occasionally and that can be eliminated if it really bugs you

The negatives are the cost and the reality that the wheel eventually gets broke by air balls

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All of the complaints are overdone.
It doesn't increase the blind spot over the in/out lanes... That's already there.
Can't see the ball? You can't with the stock either... Nor does it matter. It actually gives you more of an aiming assist due to the canon barrel acting like a pointer
Weight ? The thing is a featherweight
The only real impact is the tail blocking the in lane during multiball occasionally and that can be eliminated if it really bugs you
The negatives are the cost and the reality that the wheel eventually gets broke by air balls

I still need to see one in person first.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Sudsy7, I think you are referencing me. Before I go down the path, please verify.

That feeling you are experiencing is called shame.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I don't have any shame whatsoever, zero. I asked permission from you, you said yes, because you were not interested in making these in volume. In a PM, I said pick out some stuff from the shop and you did. I told you via PM, I have been busy working a technical startup so I have been out of pocket. I asked for some simple pictures twice for install and received nothing. I have had some issues with install and for some reason you stopped responding. I have my own designer, but I sent an offer to your nephew to make me a generic design based on what he already did. If you or your nephew did not like any of the offers, you could have negotiated something different. I was also willing to give your nephew some work, but I guess he has been contaminated by whatever you have in your mind.

I try to work things out professionally behind the Pinside drama, ask Swinks, we worked out most our differences out there. I find it unprofessional that you have to try to dig into me in the open.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

FYI - There is a modder that will be making the barmeters. he's about as cheap as I've ever met.

Quoted from sudsy7:

Please don't call Tim Mezel OR his awesome wife Kristin cheap. It's you that should feel shame for even doing so.

I've been a customer of theirs for years, and everytime I've had a problem with their mods, they've always shipped me a new one ABSOLUTELY FREE. They never even asked for the old one back, and in some cases, I've needed a new mod because I was a stupid ass and broke the thing myself.

They're about as generous, patient, and understanding as anybody in this hobby, and I'm sorry that you don't know them better...because then you would've known that and would never have made such a ridiculous statement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-mods-which-are-the-best/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.