Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Bischt
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I've made a grindingly dull video about a few mods that we are working on for AC/DC. So feel free to skip through it!

Still early stages with plenty to finish.

- Thunderbolt flashers - these are looking good.
- Band lamp - lots of questions here.

On the band, I am struggling to get the light level that I want. I could add an extra layer of pure white. Also, top or bottom? And how to finish it?

Ideas welcome.

#2 11 years ago

I really have no ideas about your band member finishing.
I just wanted to say I really like the work you have done with the thunderbolt.
Very nice clean professional looking mod nice work.

#3 11 years ago

these mods are very nice !!!

#4 11 years ago

Please tell us when these are ready to buy. Great work!!! I want these bolts, they are looking so much better.

#5 11 years ago

Yeah love the flashers I'd be up for that mod.

#6 11 years ago

Thunderbolts look much better no question! As for the band I don't mind it, looks good.

#7 11 years ago

Wow! Fantastic, I can't wait to get my hands on the Thunderbolt Flashers and band LEDs! Great job.

#8 11 years ago

Yup Thunderbolts, a definite upgrade! Nice work Pinbits!

#9 11 years ago

I will pre-order both

As if AC/DC needs more lights right? But, hey bring it!

#10 11 years ago

lighting bolts look great, seems like an easy mod! I saw you subwoofer suggestion on another thread. I assume it was as simple as unscrewing the stock sub removing the wires and resoldering them to the new sub and screwing that in?

#11 11 years ago

The lightning bolts kick ass!! Great job!

- B

#12 11 years ago

I am in for the Thunderbolt flashers.... I wanted to come up with that exact same thing but I just don't have the resources to do that mod..... Looks Awesome.

How soon will they be ready to sell and do you have a price in mind?

#13 11 years ago

Wow, that looks cool. Our new AC/DC will arrive later this week and we have had something similar in the works with the thunderbolts to do to our machine but is has a little twist. Cannot wait to show it off!

I like the speaker idea I have been watching thread closely AC/DC must sound amazing.

#14 11 years ago

Yes Please and Thank You. Band and Thunderbolt Flasher Mods look awesome.

I will buy both.

#15 11 years ago

Amazing work as usual.

I'll take one of everything when they're done.

Regards,

Neil

#16 11 years ago

Very nice mods.

#17 11 years ago

Well played over there at Pinbits!! Thanks for sharing the video with us.

#18 11 years ago

VERY cool!!!

#19 11 years ago

You hit it out of the park with the lightning bolt flashers, wish they would of came stock that way, it does make a huge difference.

Scott
Detroit Pinball

#20 11 years ago

Well done sir.

#21 11 years ago

After looking at mine have a couple questions

1. I think the metal backings were put there because thunderbolts were breaking will the new ones protect from that ?

2.The bulb on the far right is behind the diverter wondering how the assembly will work there ?

Sure you have it all figured out

#22 11 years ago

Thanks, everybody. We're still prototyping and testing these things - on the thunderbolts, we need to make double dead certain that our mod won't break. It will probably have a metal frame supporting the plastic. We'll also use this frame to rework the bracket a little, as we need decent clearance behind the plastic to get the lights diffused.

The speaker is a drop-in replacement. It has spring terminals, so there is no need to solder twice.

#23 11 years ago

I want all these mods also. Wish there was a way to make a circuit board shaped like the lightning bolt that has about a hundred tiny leds instead of being lit from behind.

#24 11 years ago

Awesome! I may go ahead and order one of those SUBS can't go wrong at the price if it really makes a difference. Look forward to your mods as well

#25 11 years ago

Based on the quality and ingenuity of your previous products, I'm surprised it's not a fully animatronic band and real lightening at the flashers...

The mods are amazing and we'll be adding both as soon as they become available!

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#26 11 years ago

Any updates on these?

#27 11 years ago

Bump

#30 11 years ago

nudge nudge bump hey asael hows it goin at the pub ?

#31 11 years ago

Great^^ Today is the big day, I took my BDK back home and put the AC/DC in the pub. I hope the people will like it as much as I do.

3 weeks later
#32 11 years ago

Still no news about this mod?

#33 11 years ago

Wow I'm glad someone bumped this thread. The Lbolts are amazing. I can't wait to
Order a set. This will make my AC/DC tr most modded machine I have. Keep bringing it.

CHRIS

#34 11 years ago

Lbolts are a must have purchase.

#35 11 years ago

I missed this thread the first time around. I probably skipped it since I didn't own an AC/DC at the time. I love the idea of the LED board behind the lighting bolts!

#36 11 years ago

bump

I don't give up, someday there will be an answer....Are there any updates?

#37 11 years ago

I vote that Pinbits hires more R&D help. I have been waiting 2 YEARS for them to finish the CFTBL tail light (speaker panel) mod

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I vote that Pinbits hires more R&D help. I have been waiting 2 YEARS for them to finish the CFTBL tail light (speaker panel) mod

AMEN TO THAT

1 month later
#39 11 years ago

Any word on these? Bueller? Anyone?

#40 11 years ago

Yes I want this!

2 months later
#41 11 years ago

Any updates?

#42 11 years ago

I would also love an update on if these are almost ready

I will be buying those blue LED board from ya @ the same time

#43 11 years ago

Whoa, how'd I miss this thread...thanks for resurrecting it! Pinbits rules! I'm in for sure!!!

#44 11 years ago

They'll sell a shiat-load if they can finish it...

#45 11 years ago

It's been 7 months, I think I'll stop holding my breath now.

#46 11 years ago

I think they are waiting til WOZ ships. Quit holding your breath.

#47 11 years ago

Hello all,

These mods are still in development. Our Lightning Flashers will be first within the next month, followed by the band board.

We appreciate everyone's patience

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinbits:

Hello all,
These mods are still in development. Our Lightning Flashers will be first within the next month, followed by the band board.

Yeah!

#49 11 years ago

Great work Martin & Pam! Looking forward to getting these when they become available.

Todd

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinbits:

Hello all,

yeah!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-mod-protos-thunderbolts-band-lamp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.