Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

What real purpose does the mini playfield have? Other than shooting the lit shots for a few points, is there any other purpose to it?

Rob

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What real purpose does the mini playfield have? Other than shooting the lit shots for a few points, is there any other purpose to it?
Rob

3x H2H is where the real points are at. The others dont amount to much.

#3 9 years ago

Rob_G: I believe that the points on the lower playfield affect the scoring in the rest of the song, but don't quote me on it.

#4 9 years ago

<<3x H2H is where the real points are at. The others dont amount to much.>>

But I thought Hells Bells was the most lucrative mode to play on this game? Some guy does nothing but play this song over and over and never switches and gets like hundred millions of points. Something to do with VIP but also mini-playfield exists on this mode too, so it must be part of it! Rules should not allow same song from jukebox more than once, this is just silly!

Note: mini-playfield is exploited by tourney players because you build jackbot values without ANY risk of draining your ball. So they stay in mini-playfield again and again and end up living in hell. And remember face shots are worth like x3 amount of side shots, so shoot face only and then you win the tournament and get a trophy at PAPA. Game over.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

But I thought Hells Bells was the most lucrative mode to play on this game? Some guy does nothing but play this song over and over and never switches and gets like hundred millions of points. Something to do with VIP but also mini-playfield exists on this mode too, so it must be part of it! Rules should not allow same song from jukebox more than once, this is just silly!

It is not silly ,it is a choice and choices in pinball are a good thing. That is what makes AC/DC so bad ass .

#6 9 years ago

Note: mini-playfield is exploited by tourney players because you build Jackbot values without ANY risk of draining your ball. So they stay in mini-playfield again and again and end up living in hell. And remember face shots are worth like x3 amount of side shots, so shoot face only and then you win the tournament and get a trophy at PAPA. Game over.

Similar to War Machine spinner shots over and over? Maybe there needs to be game adjustments for disabling the ability to play a song over again. Plus another setting for a jukebox randomizer so when you shoot the jukebox, you get a random song instead of choosing one.

And one thing I was thinking about and no offense to Steve, but it would be cool to replace his voice with something a little more sexy, especially for the Luci version.

Rob

#7 9 years ago

Note: mini-playfield is exploited by tourney players because you build Jackbot values without ANY risk of draining your ball. So they stay in mini-playfield again and again and end up living in hell. And remember face shots are worth like x3 amount of side shots, so shoot face only and then you win the tournament and get a trophy at PAPA. Game over.

Watch some tournament footage. NOBODY does this.

#8 9 years ago

The strategy behind Hells Bells is two fold

1- the VIP pass in Hells Bells means hit the bell. Hitting Bell 3x lights 2x and then 3x playfield. So it's easy to get the playfield multiplier 'on-demand'
2- the lower playfield builds song jackpot without any risk of draining and does not require any additional qualifying shots except for getting the ball to the saucer behind the bell. Hitting the bell once also lights all shots to build song jackpot

So combine those two factors... get playfield multipler to 2 or 3x... get ball to lower playfield. Build jackpot like crazy... and/or use VIPs to easily light playfield multiplier before collecting that crazy jackpot.

The fact VIP hits the bell it makes it much easier to get the playfield multipler when you really want it.. and the song jackpot builds like crazy on the lower playfield.

But all of this being reworked by Lyman to balance the game out.. making it harder to qualify the song shots and adjusting the lower playfield modes. The software has already been used in tournaments.

#9 9 years ago

<<The software has already been used in tournaments.>>

Are you saying a home release of new ACDC software code is imminent then? That would be great news

#10 9 years ago

Are you saying a home release of new ACDC software code is imminent then?

Not imminent, but I heard it will be released 'next week'.

#11 9 years ago

<<Not imminent, but I heard it will be released 'next week'>>

Nah, it's probably just for tourney players on location at competitions. I've heard rumors of this code being used for quite awhile now. But home folks are not worthy enough to receive it.

#12 9 years ago

Well here is hoping we see something new soon since it's been over a year. Just for the heck of it I wrote a nice letter to Stern and did get a reply, but not from the software guys. I didn't think they would say anything even if they are planning something..

Rob

#13 9 years ago

<<The software has already been used in tournaments.>>
Are you saying a home release of new ACDC software code is imminent then? That would be great news

The code didn't have anything else beyond some of these rebalancing changes. Probably Lyman doing it all on his own time so the game would stay competitive in competitions. They had been updating other titles a good bit over the winter. AC/DC is probably just low priority given it's pretty complete nature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-mini-playfield-rules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.