Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0400.JPG
2 Small Bungees -Caution On Red Horns.jpg
DSC08619.JPG

#1 6 years ago

My flipper rubbers keep falling off the lower mini playfield. I know about hairspray but is there any other suggestions to keep them from slipping off?

TIA

#2 6 years ago

Wash them really really well. They have the mold prevention powder on them. Then do the hair spray. I had the same frustration with them.

#3 6 years ago

I'm going to put the new fangled poly/translucent flippers on mine...they have a very tight fit and are unlikely to fall off. They also look/play great.

snaroff

#4 6 years ago

Bill, Maybe try the Super Bands. I had good luck with hairspray.

#5 6 years ago

I used hairspray too, and have not had a problem since. Just washing thoroughly did not work the first time.

5 months later
#6 5 years ago

Has anyone replaced their AC/DC Premium mini playfield rubber? I'm looking at replacing mine and putting on the following:
1" Mini Translucent High Gloss Super-Bands™ Flipper Rubber

Are the 1" minis the correct size? Also, how easy is it to get to the flipper on the premium playfield?

#7 5 years ago

I put black bands on them, they were way tighter than the junk Stern put on. Way less bounce to them though...

DSC08619.JPG

#8 5 years ago

The red ones which came with my game looked like old stock. I put new black ones on and have not had a problem since.

#9 5 years ago

When doing the flippers. Clean the bottom of the clear playfield at the same time.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

My flipper rubbers keep falling off the lower mini playfield. I know about hairspray but is there any other suggestions to keep them from slipping off?
TIA

I changed mine to black and it was the biggest pain in the ass but they don't even budge, I tried hairspray on the originals and it never worked.

#11 5 years ago

What's a good thing to clean the clear with ? Windex is a no No

#12 5 years ago

I used Novus 2 several times, it works good.

#13 5 years ago

I have the red translucent apron so have ordered the red translucent flipper rubber. Can anyone tell me how easy/hard it is to get into the lower playfield?

#14 5 years ago

I used double side tape on the flipper then installed the flipper rubber that was 6 months ago.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I have the red translucent apron so have ordered the red translucent flipper rubber. Can anyone tell me how easy/hard it is to get into the lower playfield?

All you need to do is remove two wires and 4 screws to get to the lower playfield, When I clean mine I just have my wife hold it (since there are other connections that I don't want to disconnect.) I have the mini Super Bands (red) on my flippers and they work great, haven't budged at all and easy to clean.

#16 5 years ago

Bill Just get rid of that turd and sell it to me . But seriously...............

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

All you need to do is remove two wires and 4 screws to get to the lower playfield, When I clean mine I just have my wife hold it (since there are other connections that I don't want to disconnect.) I have the mini Super Bands (red) on my flippers and they work great, haven't budged at all and easy to clean.

Do you just flip your playfield up and keep it upright while you work on the lower playfield?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

Well, not quite. There are two wires above it for the LCD boards, I have markered each to remember where they go easily. There are then another 4 connectors for the other switches and coils.

I then remove the top two screws of four (top as in when the PF is raised), and loosen the bottom two enough that I can tilt the mini's top away from the PF, get the ball, and removed the final two screws.

When installing, same thing, half install the bottom two screws, place in ball as best as I can without too much drop, screw the others in (make sure the horn plastics didn't get twisted) and connect everything back up.

There are a few connectors, mainly two pin ones, that are the same. The wire colours help with which ones go where, but for easy I always marker similar ones in an area ex red, green, blue, on both sides, so I can reduce the amount of thinking, which is good, given the amount of beer consumption when doing pinball repairs

#19 5 years ago

Correct, The two wires I mentioned were for the LCD boards. I marked them as well, I agree its a good move to mark them so you know which one goes where after consuming a good amount of beer!

Quoted from Atomicboy:

Well, not quite. There are two wires above it for the LCD boards, I have markered each to remember where they go easily. There are then another 4 connectors for the other switches and coils.
I then remove the top two screws of four (top as in when the PF is raised), and loosen the bottom two enough that I can tilt the mini's top away from the PF, get the ball, and removed the final two screws.
When installing, same thing, half install the bottom two screws, place in ball as best as I can without too much drop, screw the others in (make sure the horn plastics didn't get twisted) and connect everything back up.
There are a few connectors, mainly two pin ones, that are the same. The wire colours help with which ones go where, but for easy I always marker similar ones in an area ex red, green, blue, on both sides, so I can reduce the amount of thinking, which is good, given the amount of beer consumption when doing pinball repairs

Yes

Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Do you just flip your playfield up and keep it upright while you work on the lower playfield?

#20 5 years ago

I flip the board down and hang the assembly off the TNT drop mechanism.
Use a micro fiber cloth on the underside of the playfield window so you don't scratch it.

#21 5 years ago

I find those micro fiber clothers leave very micro scratches. I bought a bunch for cleaning the PF glass, and they left tons of these tiny little scratches. I was very disappointed with this. I use Bounty strong paper towel.

#22 5 years ago

That Luci mini PF is the bomb

#23 5 years ago

When a small job doesn't require removal of the mini-PF, I work on mine with two small bungees securing the top two screw hole brackets to the under-PF support brackets.

Careful not to snap the red horns by accident.

2 Small Bungees -Caution On Red Horns.jpg

#24 5 years ago

This is a great idea. Saves me from bothering the wife to hold it.

Quoted from NM:

I work on my mini-PF with two small bungees securing the top two screw hole brackets to the under-PF support brackets.
Careful not to snap the red horns by accident.

2 Small Bungees -Caution On Red ... 459 KB

2 weeks later
#25 5 years ago

Black rubbers with hair spay and no more flippers coming off. Must have happened four times before making the change.

#26 5 years ago

This is how I do it. Turn it 45 degrees and connect it with 2 tirewraps (1 as backup in case first one snaps) to the playfiled stands.

IMG_0400.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 9.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside