20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

So "vault" is the new, cool moniker for "we're going to remake something we already made once" ???

Yeah, it's like remake but with less syllables.

Well.. unless you say vault edition. Then it has more syllables.

#169 6 years ago

Dang it Stern, you got me. I'm in. First NIB ever for me.

1 month later
#442 6 years ago

I didn't like the snap latches at first, but they won me over with how securely they hold the lockbar. They're also super easy to operate once you get used to them.

1 week later
#571 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

No pinball I’ve purchased has ever come out the box “perfect” in quite a number of years. Are you getting your games from the same manufacturers as the rest of us?

I've actually never purchased a perfect item in my life, no matter if it's pinball, collectibles, autos, furniture, appliances, etc. The problem I have experienced is that when I have complained about any flaws in an item and the manufacturer/supplier agrees to replace that item, I am pretty much guaranteed to receive a replacement item that has a completely different flaw that may be WORSE than the original flaw that I complained about. No joke! Then I'm often sorry I ever complained. So if I can fix something new with a flaw to my satisfaction, I fix it myself, because I know if I complain, I'm probably gonna get a replacement that I'm even more unhappy with. And yeah, on a couple of occasions I've complained about the flawed replacement and I've received a third item with yet another completely different but just as significant flaw, and at that stage I either give up or request a refund.

Maybe this is just my luck, hahaha... but this has happened several times to me.

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

anybody get contacted for their luci ve from cointaker yet?

I'm anxiously awaiting contact.

1 week later
#673 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Okay, so how many problems does a NIB Luci have to have to be a lemon?

Yeesh... I 'm looking forward to mine arriving soon. I'll be checking for all of the noted issues. I'm figuring I'm gonna have to check and adjust the lower playfield window and check and adjust clearance on the cannon at a minimum. Might as well secure the lightning flasher bulbs while I'm at

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I tend to subconsciously block out how much money I spend on pinball stuff.

Hahahha, you're not the only one.

1 week later
#741 6 years ago

Hello fellas. I got my AC/DC Luci VE today, and luckily it's pretty much perfect cosmetically. There was only a couple of assembly errors I'm correcting. One of them is the clear plastic stack behind the TNT handle. It's got 3 plastic spacers that appeared to be out of order, as it was bent to the point of starting to stress crack the plastic. Can someone please get a clear picture of how this plastic stack is supposed to be assembled? Thanks in advance! Here's a pic of the plastic stack pulled out of my game with the tiny spacer that was in the middle removed:

20180418_190401 (resized).jpg20180418_190401 (resized).jpg

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

thats the way it is, mine is pretty bent up too.

Thank you for the verification! I appreciate it.

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

I think it's supposed to be bent to prevent a ball from geting stuck

Yeah, that does seem to be the intent of the bending the plastics via the use of the spacers. I've got a lot of the playfield's topside components off while I install Cliffy's and plastic protectors, so I may do some experimentation with some other combination of spacers that still allow a ball to roll off without having that plastic stack be so bent up. If it doesn't work, I'll just stick the stock spacers back in.

2 weeks later
#810 5 years ago

They're wood. Verified on my Luci VE.

#824 5 years ago

Hey guys, where can I buy replacement 6.3v LEDs for my Luci's GI? There's this white one that's where a red one should be. I looked around for a red one where a white one should be, so I could swap them, but no luck. Thanks in advance.

20180508_215928 (resized).jpg20180508_215928 (resized).jpg

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If this was new, I'd just ask your Dist to have Stern send you another red one.

It is new. I may do that. I just thought it may be quicker to order one and get it sent out ASAP.

#828 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno. Stern tech support has always been pretty fast with small parts that are DOA or die right after I set a machine up. I'd just call Chas in the morning and have your serial number handy. 1-800-KICKERS.

Thanks Vireland, I'll contact Chas this morning. Just for future reference, in case anyone wonders some time down the road, it appears that particular Stern GI LED is a Comet brand “Twin 2835 SMD 6.3V AC/DC Intense Brightness – Clear Dome - #44/#47 Bayonet – Red”. Unfortunately, Comet is out of stock, so here's hoping Chas can help.

1 week later
#834 5 years ago

Hey fellow AC/DC Luci VE owners, I'm trying to drum up some customers to go in with me on another run of CPR9999's AC/DC Roof Mod. I think we need a minimum of 10 people to make another run worth his while. Is there anyone who'd like to fill that triangular gap behind their stage with this mod like I would? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lighted-roof-mod

2 weeks later
#856 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Anyone else's drop target(s) not dropping sometimes from a direct canon shot? My lightning bolt drop target does not drop more often than not, which sucks since it's connected to the jackpots.

What's the best fix for this? Everything looks good underneath. Softer shots make it drop. Do I need more tension on the spring?

I have this issue with the AC/DC and TNT targets, not just with cannon shots, sometimes direct strong ball hits too. I was hoping they'd "break in" eventually, but if they can be tweaked for easier drops, that would be cool.

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

For those who play without playfieldprotector: How’s the playfield holding ? Are there lot of dimples noticeable or any ghostings ?

Thanks

Greetings

I've got the dimples that you'd expect, but no ghosting after a month of playing it. FYI: I installed a playfield protector which required taking almost everything off the playfield. Once I was done, I could not keep debris from getting under the playfield protector as I reinstalled stuff. This included some sawdust that might have been in between the lower playfield window and the window mounting pocket, left over from machining the window pocket. I suspect the static in the playfield protector plastic possibly pulled some small particles of sawdust up. Anyway, I kept having to try to reach under the playfield protector to get debris out, and the playfeld protector ended up getting scratched on the BOTTOM side from me doing this, and the scratches were super noticeable, so I got pissed off and cut the playfield protector out of the machine with scissors. I guess I'll play without one.

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I told you that the Protector was horseshit!

Hahaha, yes.. you were correct. I should've had someone video me cutting it out with scissors. Much swearing occurred. Here's a pic of its remains on my concrete floor for your entertainment.

20180428_163633 (resized).jpg20180428_163633 (resized).jpg

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Are these dimples noticeable very much. I ask because I had machines where it looks terrible, like Star Trek and AFMR. And other machines like Metallica and Aerosmith you won’t see them if you have a closer look

Generally I don’t like the playfield Protectors very much, But on the other side if there are so much noticeable dimples I would prefer to install one.

Thanks

Well, they're not noticeable from the playing position when I'm standing with my fingers on the flippers, but if you get over to the side with a flashlight and look at the reflections in front of the AC/DC target bank where you're launching the ball with the cannon, you're gonna see some heavy dimpling. It's evening out over time, but you might end up with the stray heavy dimple here and there with an air ball too. The only way to avoid it is to go with the playfield protector, but man.. I found out that I may just be to OCD about a clean playfield to use a playfield protector. Any time anything gets under it I'm too tempted to fish it out, resulting in scratching the bottom.

1 week later
#872 5 years ago
Quoted from Eldritch:

The rubber ring behind the first T in TNT broke. And when I looked, I saw there is a screw missing just below the upper left corner of the TNT box.
Or are you supposed to leave that out?

I just broke the exact same rubber ring behind my TNT targets, and the smaller 3/8" ring on the other side of the TNT targets was also starting to crack, so I removed the plastic below the detonator to replace them. My plastic below the detonator also does not have a screw in this location. I don't think any AC/DCs have a screw holding the plastic down at this location as it would be virtually impossible to get to the screw without having to remove the detonator assembly above it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lucy-vault?tu=rum-z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.