20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rennervision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#770 5 years ago

I posted this photo in a separate thread about my Luci. Just want to be sure this is normal and maybe some other owners can help me out.

Are the two cables I have circled supposed to be connected to anything? (Or are they supposed to be loose like that?)

Also - while installing the shaker motor I noticed a ground wire was traveling right through the spot where it screws in. (Never seen that before.) Are people installing the shaker motor directly over the ground wire or should I move the wire out of the way somehow?

ACDC (resized).jpgACDC (resized).jpg

#773 5 years ago

Thanks. I've had some issues getting things up and running though. Was finally able to test things out and at first I thought my fire button wasn't working. Well... turns out it is (and works fine in the switch test) but I pretty much have to hit it immediately. If I wait until the cannon is aiming at the AC/DC targets it flat out doesn't work.

Anyone know why?

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

probably the position switches on the unit. They may need to be adjusted

Sorry - I'm not entirely clear on what I need to do at this point. In the cannon motor test I have the full range of movement and at every point I stop the motor the fire button registers in the switch test. But in-game it's basically fire right away and miss or wait and lose the ability to use the fire button.

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

One is for bill validator. The other, have you checked if it goes to the fire button on your lockdown bar ?
LTG : )

Yeah - my original thought was maybe the other one had something to do with the fire button. But now that I've got the game up and running the fire button registers fine in the switch test. It just doesn't work unless I hit it right away in-game and basically miss any shot I wanted to make.

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

There is a diagnostic test under ac/dc option called gun - make sure only sw 61 is activated at home and only 62 when it swings a bit left. also make sure your loaded switch on the cannon stays activated with the ball in as it swings

So it starts off with switch 61 active like you said. I change to switch 62 and it moves only slightly left. Then I switch back to 61 and it contnues to swing all the way to the left and then back to home. Is that normal?

Also - switch test indicates a loaded ball is detected no matter what angle I have the cannon.

#786 5 years ago

I'm unfortunately still trying to get my cannon working right. In the switch test it recognizes switch #61 (home position) just fine. it then barely moves left before triggering #62 and stopping. (Which means I only have a one-second window where I'm allowed to fire.) The original thought was that something might be wrong with the opto interrupter board. So I removed that and cleaned it twice.

But then I realized the cannon stops when the optic beam is broken. As the cannon rotates, under the playfield there's a piece that rotates around until it naturally breaks this beam. The photo below shows the exact moment this happens and this occurs when the cannon has barely moved left.

So I'm real confused now. How is everyone else getting their cannon to rotate all the way to the left before triggering #62? I mean, is the part underneath my cannon put together wrong or something? Is switch #62 supposed to trigger after this blade passes all the way through the opto beam?

cannon (resized).jpgcannon (resized).jpg

#787 5 years ago

I took a better picture to describe what I was saying. You can see how switch #62 is triggered once this blade-looking thing passes through the optical beam.

And actually - right after I took that picture the cannon started working correctly. I can now fire at any point when it's operational. The switch test is still the same - cannon barely moves left to trigger #62. But based on these photos I'm sure that's the correct behavior. So beats me why it wasn't working. Or why it works now.

cannon 2 (resized).jpgcannon 2 (resized).jpg

#790 5 years ago

Well, like I said, it's working now. I didn't do anything, but it's working. Beats me how it got fixed.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

the ball on the hells bell keeps loosening on me. the bell hits the playfield and jams up. i guess i should use some blue loctite?
anyone have this happening?

Yep. Just happened to mine on day 2 of playing it.

#800 5 years ago

Anyone else with a shaker motor notice it interferes with how the tilt plumb bob hangs?

#802 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If you can - post a pic, so we can see what you mean

In this first photo I'm moving the tilt bob wire to see how far back the plumb bob can go. As you can see - it can't even touch maybe 40-50% of the ring because the shaker motor blocks it.

I think part of the problem is the plumb bob isn't centered inside the ring. The second photo from a higher angle shows where it rests when it hangs freely. I really can't raise the plumb bob any higher or the game will be way too sensitive - even tilting when the shaker motor kicks on!

0504181358 (resized).jpg0504181358 (resized).jpg

0504181359 (resized).jpg0504181359 (resized).jpg

#805 5 years ago

Alright - I'll give that a try. Thanks guys.

#829 5 years ago

I was fiddling with the screw on the right spotlight today (the one next to the cannon) and suddenly I jump when Steve Ritchie as the voice of Satan shouts "Ow! That hurts!" I never could get it to happen again. Was that real or am I cracking up?

1 week later
#836 5 years ago

I have a loose flasher (behind the left thunderbolt on the left ramp) that refuses to stay in its socket. As soon as I have a good game going, it comes rolling down the playfield. Hot glue doesn't work. Should I give silicone a try?

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

LEDs are especially bad for this, I don't know why.
Use the electrical tape foldover method. It will never fall out again, the fix is invisible and less messy/ugly than silicone.
I made a "how to" subject for it here so it's all in one place instead of hidden in whatever thread I posted it in last:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights#post-4402506

Thanks for sharing that photo. I gave that a try and it works like a charm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rennervision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lucy-vault?tu=rennervision and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.