• Hell yes! 86 votes
    42%
  • Not sure 56 votes
    27%
  • I already own ACDC 63 votes
    31%

(205 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 145 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

11F8BF2C-7E65-4A42-BB29-51EF8397B55F (resized).jpeg
DB021FB9-30F8-4FC9-8639-F2A19F281661 (resized).jpeg
B815EB51-FF40-495B-9DC0-00F977644788 (resized).jpeg
D42D20AD-0501-4176-B4CC-BA89D32B720F (resized).png
IMG_20180614_134636 (resized).jpg
20180428_163633 (resized).jpg
271673CD-6D34-47B1-B465-E4A4B0D1DB30 (resized).png
6EA806A4-3DA6-468B-9FD6-0BF50AC876AF (resized).png
20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 2 years ago

Couple of questions for you guys. I have been out of the pinball world for a while. My pinball love comes in waves...I used to have an ACDC premium and it was my wife's favorite game. I may pull the trigger on a new Lucy.

1. Sounds like $6795 is the going rate for this game. Do you think these will hold their value if I'm looking to sell in a year?

2. Why was the drummer removed?

2. What is this I hear about bolts for the lower play field?

4. How has quality been with Stern recently? Last I was on Pinside the whole ghostbusters shit show was going on. Stern was sending people sandpaper and clear coat? Then I heard about the cabinets falling apart on Aerosmith. Have the stepped their game back up? Or are you rolling the dice with a new game from Stern?

#196 2 years ago

Ordered! Can't wait! I had an AC/DC premium when I first started collection. I god rid of it and regretted it ever since. Happy to get this one back in this art package!

#212 2 years ago

I don't know what all the fuss is about the smaller sub. All the subs in games sound like ass. I hook all my machines up to a powered external sub. It's the first thing I "mod" to nay game. Night and day difference. Stern can leave the sub out of mine and knock $25 off the machine!

#262 2 years ago

OP should add a poll for everyone buying one. I'd be interested to see how many Pinsiders are getting one.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Where is the NO option?

Why would we need a no option? There are literally billions of people that aren’t buying it. Not interested in that number.

#283 2 years ago

I know Stern hasn't survived all this time without planning things out....they are smart about this stuff. At the end of the day, I really don't care about their master plan. I'm just glad they are re-releasing this game and I finally get to buy a Luci NIB! I so psyched to get this game!

#309 2 years ago

So what are some must have mods for this game? What will you guys be adding?

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

What are the prices y'all been getting from various dealers? No need to name names...

$6795 shipped. Should be the same price for all distributors. I bought from JJ at Game Exchange. Top notch dude.

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

There's more room than that. Call around.

Well don’t be so top secret. Who is cheaper and how much? I called 3 distributors and they were all the same.

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Nope. With Stern being so, well, Stern with their machine pricing, not gonna risk causing trouble.

You worried they are going to put a hit out on you?

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

No, more concerned they put pressure on the dists offering it below ~$6800 but not advertising it. Not going to ruin that for me or others.

It’s all good. I’m not worried about my distributor making some money. He’s got a family to feed and a retirement to invest in just like me.

2 weeks later
#363 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can’t wait to get mine in April. And new code!!!!!

April?! I thought these were shipping late February?

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think they are in the US. I heard they are on the line now. Takes a couple of months to get down here.

I see I see.

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from conviction1:

I was told mine should be here before march 1st.

Who did you order from?

#381 2 years ago

I was told Luci was going on the line today or tomorrow. Shipping starts next week.

1 week later
#390 2 years ago

Yeah pretty much. I was under the impression these were shipping this week. Anyone hear anything?

#395 2 years ago

Anybody seen an actual pic of the new Luci?

#410 2 years ago

Yesss!!!!! This looks awesome. Can't wait to get mine!!! I got a Hobbit last week and this one maybe next week. Good times!

#419 2 years ago

Yes. I made final payment with gex yesterday.

#440 2 years ago

Agreed. Snap latches for the win.

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Does anyone know what the MSRP is on Luci?

MSRP is $7199 but they can be bought for $6800 and I've even heard $6700. I paid $6800 for mine.

#469 2 years ago

It would be nice if they sold a surround that blocked that light

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

If all goes well I should have them for sale within a month or less. Just tweaking the test versions now.

Cool cool.

Quoted from Mike_J:

Great work.

It is inexcusable that they don't include something like this for the new Sterns heads considering the price they charge.

I kinda gotta agree with you on this one. It's $400 for a very small LCD. You can get a 55" Smart TV for the same price with a stand and all. I understand the cost comes from the coding and what not. But I haven't bought a color DMD for my Iron Man Vault for this exact reason. I won't but one for my Luci Vault for that reason too. If Color DMD came with a frame that made it look nice, I'd be in. It's pricey toy, I don't want a big gap around the edge.

#515 2 years ago

Luci is in the house!!! Does anyone know if the lower play field window is adjustable? I feel like mine needs to come up some to be flush.

AEFAB78C-121C-4CD0-BB40-4A30E7EC5433 (resized).jpeg

#517 2 years ago

Well that kinda sucks. What are you using to shim it?

#519 2 years ago

Gotcha. One other thing. Where is the right Thunderstruck flasher supposed to be. This does not seem right...

474C84B9-E00F-4B0C-8D31-2FAF2BCD28A5 (resized).jpeg

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well this is kind of a bummer. Sounds like they are not really paying attention to that at the factory. I'm hoping mine comes in correct.

Yeah I agree it's a huge bummer. My dad came over last night to unbox and set up with me. After getting it all set up with shaker, sub, volume control, etc. we finally got to play a game. No kidding, the first flip of the ball and it went airborne once it hit the edge of that window. ARGHHH!!!!!

We did get to play a few games but then I thought it would be best to shut if down until I got it adjusted. There is NO WAY someone didn't notice this at the factory. $6800 and you guys don't make sure the f$%ckin window is flush. Really Stern? Really?

I'll be shimming it up with some thin washers today. I'm sure it will be 100% once I dial it in. Just pretty frustrating.

#536 2 years ago

I got my lower play field sitting flush now. Used some small washers. Play great now!

1C8551F5-FFAE-48C6-804A-FCE77EE032F5 (resized).jpeg

#537 2 years ago

Hey guys. One more issue I have on my AC/DC Luci and then I think it’s all dialed in. The cannon motor is loud and the assembly is binding somewhere. When it sweeps down it will catch and skip a bit. This makes a shot on the upswing almost impossible. See this link.

Anyone got any ideas here?

#564 2 years ago

Fixed my cannon issue. The cannon was rubbing on the ramp. Just needed to trim the ramp a bit with an exacto knife. Looks great and works great now!

#568 2 years ago

So I’ve read that the Bell is supposed to swing when using a VIP pass or making shots during hells bells. Mine does neither. I tested the Bell magnet in test mode and it works like it should. Is this normal? Did this get changed with the recent code update?

#573 2 years ago

Just a heads up for those of you getting a Luci Vault. Make sure your bell pinball is screwed on tight. I recommend removing it and using some medium (blue) loctite. Mine came loose and got stuck against the play field.

#580 2 years ago

Damn! Good thing you checked it out. Poor poor Luci.

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The crack of her ?
Sorry to see this..

Yeah what are the odds? She got forked in the ass. I knew Luci was naughty, but damn....

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Is anyone else's FIRE plaque stainless steel razor sharp? Like to the point where it will cut your wrists LOL

Yes. It’s the first thing my wife noticed when she played a game. She said “Aren’t you worried the kids are going to cut themselves on this?”

It is pretty damn sharp. They should have smoothed the edges.

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Does Luci come with a shaker motor?

No. Crazy as it is. No it does not.

#641 1 year ago

Seriously enough bickering. Open a new thread or PM each other. I keep seeing new posts in this thread and get excited to read them. Then I open it and read this garbage.

#656 1 year ago

SPAMP. The cannon and ramp rubbing issue was a pretty easy fix for me. I didn’t have any play to move the ramp over at all. I used an exacto knife and just trimmed the ramp up a bit. Yours looks like you have plenty to play with. My ramp looks completely normal and nobody would ever tell it was trimmed. I would recommend you do that. 5 minute fix.

#690 1 year ago

How did you break it?

Use a reverse drill bit.

#722 1 year ago
Quoted from little-italy:

Has anyone tried to connect a external volume control. You can't on the vault. Or am I'm just missing something

Yes the PinVol works great

#725 1 year ago
Quoted from little-italy:

Please post a pic, my coin door controls Doesn't have a splitter. Thanks again. Oh I'm using the tournament hole volume control.

just unplug the connector that goes to the menu buttons and plug it in there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 95.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside