20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.
#1 6 years ago

Seems the new vault will be AC/DC LUCI
http://pinball-universe.de/626-ac-dc-luci-premium-ve-2018

31-3-2018

#2 6 years ago

It doesnt have the clear window with the screws and black boarder.

#3 6 years ago

I can't believe they are making another one. Don't we have enough AC DC machines? I guess the answer is no.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

It doesnt have the clear window with the screws and black boarder.

I think the fotos are just for reference and show the “old” lucy

#5 6 years ago

Photos seem like they are from old stock photos. STERN hasn't made a game with the black wooden DMD frame since MET. I don't doubt that LUCI may be next, but I wouldn't put any stock into these photos.

#6 6 years ago

Translation of the link above..

"AC / DC Luci Vault Edition
Manufacturer:
Stern Pinball ( More products by Stern Pinball )
Model:
AC / DC
System:
SAM - Star Pinball
Item no .: 626

Summary
To secure an AC / DC Premium Luci Vault Edition (VE), please order this article and pay 750 Euro after receiving the order confirmation. As soon as your device arrives here in the warehouse, we will inform you. Then you can also order optional accessories. After the balance is in our account, we deliver the item as desired. The photos show the first edition."

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Translation of the link above..
"AC / DC Luci Vault Edition
Manufacturer:
Stern Pinball ( More products by Stern Pinball )
Model:
AC / DC
System:
SAM - Star Pinball
Item no .: 626
Summary
To secure an AC / DC Premium Luci Vault Edition (VE), please order this article and pay 750 Euro after receiving the order confirmation. As soon as your device arrives here in the warehouse, we will inform you. Then you can also order optional accessories. After the balance is in our account, we deliver the item as desired. The photos show the first edition."

And in the further item description they say that in 2018 the remake will be done for Ac/DC Pro and Premium (Luci).
PU is quite new but also reliable distributer in Germany with a very huge stock of new STERNs ... So they might have more insider infos than someone else

#8 6 years ago

Didn't everyone that wanted AC/DC just get the regular vault already? It seems it would have made a lot more sense to do both vaults together so they didn't dry up demand with the lower end one. Seems an odd choice to me.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Didn't everyone that wanted AC/DC just get the regular vault already? It seems it would have made a lot more sense to do both vaults together so they didn't dry up demand with the lower end one. Seems an odd choice to me.

My guess is they have parts left over from the first vault run and are offering a "new" vault to burn through those excess parts.

#10 6 years ago

Makes no sense

#11 6 years ago

Yes it does
Strawberry

#12 6 years ago

Great for people who wanted a Luci and aren't prepared to overpay for one, but I don't know how I feel about limited run games getting new runs. Premiums and pros are fair game, but LEs and short runs feel a bit weird to me to see go back into production.

But hey, I'm always for more AC/DC machines getting out there. Great game.

#13 6 years ago

This type of move seems so short sighted to me. I'm not in the LE market but I thought the appeal and willingness to shell out that extra money is the rarity and uniqueness of the pin. If Stern is going to turn around and sell more its like they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. It's just damaging that market down the road.

When I posted this I thought Luci was an LE, now that I know its just a premium its totally fine, why not push them out if you have some parts left over.

#14 6 years ago

Luci wasn't a limited production machine though, they just didn't sell very many.

#15 6 years ago

I have Confirmed they will be making a small batch of these! I told a guy yesterday it didn't look likely, But today Its happening!

JJ

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I can't believe they are making another one. Don't we have enough AC DC machines? I guess the answer is no.

I have to agree with this, I would much rather see a Tron vault or dedicate resources towards new games and code updates.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have to agree with this, I would much rather see a Tron vault or dedicate resources towards new games and code updates.

Man I would love to know the inner workings at Stern. This looks like a revenue issue they need some quick cash to carry them to the next release. Yet rumors are revenue is way up. This is the kind of thing you see when companies are really tight for operational budget. Why are they doing this kind of thing and not what you are saying and focusing on improvements and making the next game great.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This type of move seems so short sighted to me. I'm not in the LE market but I thought the appeal and willingness to shell out that extra money is the rarity and uniqueness of the pin. If Stern is going to turn around and sell more its like they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. It's just damaging that market down the road.

Totally agree!

#19 6 years ago

The only market will be damaged is the people who live in their own little bubble. I wish they would VE the good games every year. I want to play more pinball

LUCI was never a limited edition. A lot of people didn't buy it probably because their wives said no. Not all of us have the cash on hand when a game comes out but would love a chance to buy a new one later.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

The only market will be damaged is the people who live in their own little bubble. I wish they would VE the good games every year. I want to play more pinball
LUCI was never a limited edition. A lot of people didn't buy it probably because their wives said no. Not all of us have the cash on hand when a game comes out but would love a chance to buy a new one later.

Honest question, was it just a rebranded premium? Does it have the number plate and all that like the LE?

#21 6 years ago

Stern paid ALOT for the ACDC license for the Vault and probably didn't sell as many as they thought they would, so hence you see another opportunity with a Lucy release. There are probably a few dozen people that wanted a Luci and now they have a chance to get one.

#22 6 years ago

Luci was not an LE or a limited run.

Quoted from Darscot:

Man I would love to know the inner workings at Stern. This looks like a revenue issue they need some quick cash to carry them to the next release. Yet rumors are revenue is way up. This is the kind of thing you see when companies are really tight for operational budget. Why are they doing this kind of thing and not what you are saying and focusing on improvements and making the next game great.

Maybe they have enough parts left over to make a small run. It makes a lot more sense to use them up and sell some games then to set on parts that you paid for and never get revenue from them. Everytime stern does anything people start screaming the sky is falling. They reupped the license so it only makes sense to capitalize on it as much as possible.

#23 6 years ago

A final code update would help push sales. Just sayin

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Honest question, was it just a rebranded premium? Does it have the number plate and all that like the LE?

I haven't owned one yet but i dont recall it being numbered. I think it was just a late release and like any other standard or premium they didn't tell us how many they made.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My guess is that the ACDC Premium VE didn't sell as well as they expected and instead of having parts sit around they ordered more LUCI decals and translites and decided to create more demand by re-releasing the LUCI package. It's not limited and likely doesn't cost them any additional licensing $ so why not.

And yes, a final code update would be sweet! Pretty please Lyman

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Luci was not an LE or a limited run.

Maybe they have enough parts left over to make a small run. It makes a lot more sense to use them up and sell some games then to set on parts that you paid for and never get revenue from them. Everytime stern does anything people start screaming the sky is falling. They reupped the license so it only makes sense to capitalize on it as much as possible.

Luci is so put on pedestal I assumed it was a branded LE if it was just a Premium this is no big deal.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I haven't owned one yet but i dont recall it being numbered. I think it was just a late release and like any other standard or premium they didn't tell us how many they made.

Correct. It's just a late release "Premium" edition. Not meant to be limited in any way. It's kind of like the Metallica Road Case Premium edition. It's just rare because not many people bought them.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Lucy is so put on pedestal I assumed it was a branded LE if it was just a Premium this is no big deal.

You could actually buy the translite cab art and other parts from Marco for the Lucy, I know 2 people that turned their premiums into Lucy pins.
They pulled everything a month or so ago.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Because the game, work, and parts are all there for Luci... and Stern is about being a factory.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Great for people who wanted a Luci and aren't prepared to overpay for one, but I don't know how I feel about limited run games getting new runs. Premiums and pros are fair game, but LEs and short runs feel a bit weird to me to see go back into production.
But hey, I'm always for more AC/DC machines getting out there. Great game.

Luci is not a limited edition.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You could actually buy the translite cab art and other parts from Marco for the Lucy, I know 2 people that turned their premiums into Lucy pins.

They didn't pull it, just ran out of stock. They were both back in stock a few weeks ago and are still available today. This probably should have been a clue that Luci was going to be re-run.

#32 6 years ago

Did someone mentioned in this thread that Luci wasn’t a limited edition?

I’m fine having a Helen version. It’s more limited than Luci has been in the past.

#33 6 years ago

so time for another stupid question:

So is "vault" just the new, cool moniker for "we're going to remake something we already made once" ???

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

So "vault" is the new, cool moniker for "we're going to remake something we already made once" ???

Yeah, it's like remake but with less syllables.

Well.. unless you say vault edition. Then it has more syllables.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My favorite version (what I did) was put the Luci translite in the regular ACDC Premium. It looks great together and is the perfect mix of classic ACDC and LUCI. I've had 3 different translites in my Premium at various times and would rate them: LUCI>Pro>Premium.

#36 6 years ago

If Stern puts a LCD screen like the new games have on them I am in..

AC/DC Luci VE + .. Sounds good..

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

no thanks. I'll take a bulletproof SAM ACDC over SPIKE any day of the week.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

so time for another stupid question:
So is "vault" just the new, cool moniker for "we're going to remake something we already made once" ???

It's not new or cool, just what Stern chose to call their remakes starting with IM.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Agreed. Or Whitestar even.

#40 6 years ago

They should at least put a ColorDMD in it from the factory. Even if it increases the price should save a little money.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

It's not new or cool, just what Stern chose to call their remakes starting with IM.

IM Vault with upgrades including full LED, HD high quality cab decals, and artwork surrounding the DMD is both new and cool.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

IM Vault with upgrades including full LED, HD high quality cab decals, and artwork surrounding the DMD is both new and cool. You can keep your negativity.

I think we were both talking about the word, "vault".

i.e. it used to just be called a remake, I didn't know they attached a buzzword to the remake process.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

They should at least put a ColorDMD in it from the factory. Even if it increases the price should save a little money.

Agree at least a color dmd. Red dots are nasty..

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I think we were both talking about the word, "vault".
i.e. it used to just be called a remake, I didn't know they attached a buzzword to the remake process.

Gotcha, I jumped the gun... I love my IMVE. carry on.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Please remember that I am a massive Stern fan and supporter before I say this. SAM is not as bulletproof as people keep saying. SAM is a known system where Spike is still in its infancy. Time will tell.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Please remember that I am a massive Stern fan and supporter before I say this. SAM is not as bulletproof as people keep saying. SAM is a known system where Spike is still in its infancy. Time will tell.

I think it's already obvious that SAM is a more reliable system. SPIKE will improve as they keep revising it, but comparing the two as they are, SAM is far superior in regards to reliability.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Now if they put a LCD screen in it and do a very small run of 200 then that would be pretty cool. That would be a true LE, but I am still ready for some new titles to start rolling off the line.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Tron vault makes no sense to me though. They released it, re-vamped it with the girls translite, etc., and I just don't see a big enough demand for a remake at the new prices.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Tron vault makes no sense to me though. They released it, re-vamped it with the girls translite, etc., and I just don't see a big enough demand for a remake at the new prices.

Based on all of the people that keep asking for a remake I think there would be plenty of demand for a TronVE, but there's no way to prove one way or the other without making it and seeing how many people order :/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lucy-vault?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.