20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so does this have the new window or not? man I would sure think so?

This will have the new, clear and removable window with the visible screws, as per the original Premium VE.

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is a shame you feel that way, you guys are really missing out on some killer games in my opinion. We too were reluctant at the start. Every pinball manufacturer has gone down this path for their electronics. Now that we have our head around the system, we actually prefer SPIKE over SAM. I am not so sure SPIKE is floundering. Stern revenue is up plenty.
Good thing is, there are so many different pinball machines around, you will never have to buy a SPIKE game.

I agree the games are fun, but What will you do if a board goes bad out of warranty? Node 8 has seen a lot of failures. These boards seem less robust, so much so that stern has to put a warning in the games about adding mods. Not a fan. Time will tell.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We too were reluctant at the start.

I wasn't reluctant at the start to go Spike. KISS, GB, Aerosmith. All had to have boards replaced. Tried to support the idea of it by starting a board repair resource thread. Tried real hard. No more.

#304 6 years ago

Why is Spike coming up in this thread - this game will be SAM. You really think they would spend the $$ to re-engineer this to a spike system?

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Why is Spike coming up in this thread - this game will be SAM. You really think they would spend the $$ to re-engineer this to a spike system?

its pinside, inevitable threads go off topic. My acdc premium ve was sam. Only difference i see is the light tube in the backbox is led.

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Of course it will be Sam. All VEs are original board set. It just came up.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That would be cool. Although Mustang seems to be underappreciated by many Pinsiders, it's a very worthy game and the limited existing quantity of the Boss version would be a draw.
I think Stern will re-release just about anything (c'mon TRON VE!) if there's enough demand.

Truth be told I had a chance to buy a NIB BOSS Premium for $5500 from a distributor less than 3 years ago. But I ended up going with the pro because I didn't think there was enough difference in game play to justify it and I liked the artwork a little better on the pro. I didn't know then just how rare the premium was going to be, so in hindsight I was foolish to pass that deal up. People are having to pay that much for NIB pro models now.

#308 6 years ago

ordered mine today!

#309 6 years ago

So what are some must have mods for this game? What will you guys be adding?

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

To many.....

#312 6 years ago

Dang, I sorta want this but I sorta dont want to spend a shitload of money on a DMD game.

But if I wait for an LCD game to have mature code I won't end up with a game for years.

Guess I will buy nothing lol.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dang, I sorta want this but I sorta dont want to spend a shitload of money on a DMD game.
But if I wait for an LCD game to have mature code I won't end up with a game for years.
Guess I will buy nothing lol.

ttt_WOPR (resized).pngttt_WOPR (resized).png

#314 6 years ago

What are the prices y'all been getting from various dealers? No need to name names...

#315 6 years ago

I don't get Stern sometimes.

There have been rumors of a final code update for years.

Surely even a small code update now would sell more VE's?

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Then I’ll add my suggestion here, just in case...

I would LOVE if the bonus screens after each ball displayed what the song jackpot was at. Just an F U at the drain showing you just missed 40 million points, and if I have doubles scoring going, show my 80 million points missed. It will make me even madder.

#317 6 years ago

Stern- Sorry, Lyman is busy please take a number

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

What are the prices y'all been getting from various dealers? No need to name names...

$6795 shipped. Should be the same price for all distributors. I bought from JJ at Game Exchange. Top notch dude.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

$6795 shipped. Should be the same price for all distributors. I bought from JJ at Game Exchange. Top notch dude.

There's more room than that. Call around.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

sometimes its worth paying a little more for good service than going to the cheaper distributor to save a few bucks.
right now i am buying from cointaker. great service.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cheaper than $6795, I thought that was MAP?

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

sometimes its worth paying a little more for good service than going to the cheaper distributor to save a few bucks.
right now i am buying from cointaker. great service.

Is one distributor better at drop shipping than another?

#323 6 years ago

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well don’t be so top secret. Who is cheaper and how much? I called 3 distributors and they were all the same.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Cheaper than $6795, I thought that was MAP?

MAP stands for "Minimum ADVERTISED Price." Call around.

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well don’t be so top secret. Who is cheaper and how much? I called 3 distributors and they were all the same.

Nope. With Stern being so, well, Stern with their machine pricing now, not gonna risk causing trouble.

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope. With Stern being so, well, Stern with their machine pricing, not gonna risk causing trouble.

You worried they are going to put a hit out on you?

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You worried they are going to put a hit out on you?

No, more concerned they put pressure on the dists offering it below ~$6800 but not advertising it. Not going to ruin that for me or others.

#329 6 years ago

IMO, JJ is the best distributor out there.

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, more concerned they put pressure on the dists offering it below ~$6800 but not advertising it. Not going to ruin that for me or others.

It’s all good. I’m not worried about my distributor making some money. He’s got a family to feed and a retirement to invest in just like me.

#331 6 years ago

I wouldn’t mind getting a NIB AC/DC, but I can’t say I love the Luci art. I guess the pro version was released as a vault last year and I missed it?

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I wouldn’t mind getting a NIB AC/DC, but I can’t say I love the Luci art. I guess the pro version was released as a vault last year and I missed it?

You should be able to get a regular AC/DC VE premium still?

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

IMO, JJ is the best distributor out there.

I use cointaker, never had an issue, great people to work with. Got my premium VE from them.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I have an AC/DC Premium Vault in stock if anyone is interested.

[email protected]

#335 6 years ago

Seeing how Luci has been the most desirable Prem model over the past few years, is the Prem. VE the same price as Luci VE, or is there a price difference between the two VE's?

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Seeing how Luci has been the most desirable Prem model over the past few years, is the Prem. VE the same price as Luci VE, or is there a price difference between the two VE's?

same price

#337 6 years ago

Iterested to see how these sell. There is always an unknown X FACTOR in buyers thinking where they want something more if it is harder to get or they can’t have it.

It is great that Luci is back on the line and available for a lot less than past aftermarket. ACDC is a solid, loaded PF game. I really enjoyed my ACDC and hope new buyers enjoy theirs.

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Seeing how Luci has been the most desirable Prem model over the past few years

I don't really know if that's the case. Most of my friends and collectors I've talked to prefer the regular Premium over the LUCI. I think most of LUCI's popularity is driven by the fact that it's seen as being more "rare" and seemingly more valuable. 95%+ of all ACDC games are currently the standard version. If it were the other way around and 95% of all ACDC games were LUCI's I think the regular Premium would be the more "In demand" version.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't really know if that's the case. Most of my friends and collectors I've talked to prefer the regular Premium over the LUCI. I think most of LUCI's popularity is driven by the fact that it's seen as being more "rare" and seemingly more valuable. 95%+ of all ACDC games are currently the standard version. If it were the other way around and 95% of all ACDC games were LUCI's I think the regular Premium would be the more "In demand" version.

I really like the red and black art on Luci. The girl is ok... I bought what I liked best and that was Luci.

Rob

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I agree. I can only speak for myself, but as a prospective AC/DC Premium buyer, now that I've looked at the Luci version more closely given its greater availability, I'm scratching my head as to why there has been so much hubbub regarding this art package.

To each his/her own of course, but the standard Premium will get my $ if I end up buying one.

#341 6 years ago

Cannon inserts...
Back in black royally sucks for risk vs reward
Hells Bells is far too lucrative
No score tally from mini playfield
Ball save times out on lower playfield
Multiball start cannon shot needs to be worth a lot more
Mini playfield RGB LED are not utilized during gameplay
Horn inserts could do more than be just 50,000 points.
Could use an option to disable the song restart
Option to keep notes qualified between balls (easy setting)
Super lanes (inlanes) maybe should not go out after use? Otherwise you never want to use the inlane because the outlane is far better
Other super modes could be a bit more super...
Option so songs cannot be replayed
Bonus Points for bell saucer when not in HB

Just my 2 cents of what I would like to see addressed.

Rob

#342 6 years ago

i bought the premium ve. am mad now.
the reason for liking luci isnt because it was rare.
its a hot devil chic. pin ups are cool. the art is sick.

#343 6 years ago

I like Helan way more and also like the Premium better than Luci. To each their own though.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Cannon inserts...
Back in black royally sucks for risk vs reward
Hells Bells is far too lucrative
No score tally from mini playfield
Ball save times out on lower playfield
Multiball start cannon shot needs to be worth a lot more
Mini playfield RGB LED are not utilized during gameplay
Horn inserts could do more than be just 50,000 points.
Could use an option to disable the song restart
Option to keep notes qualified between balls (easy setting)
Super lanes (inlanes) maybe should not go out after use? Otherwise you never want to use the inlane because the outlane is far better
Other super modes could be a bit more super...
Option so songs cannot be replayed
Bonus Points for bell saucer when not in HB
Just my 2 cents of what I would like to see addressed.
Rob

Here's a Bugs/Features thread for 1.68 to consolidate these kinds of things:
https://www.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-168-bugs-and-features-wishlist#post-4197142

#345 6 years ago

Ordered!

#346 6 years ago

It sounds like most distributors were only being allocated 10 to 15 Luci Ve.

I am curious to see if they will be receiving more after that first shipment.

#348 6 years ago

My ACDC is all modded up but I think I've decided to go without the topper and Helen translite if anyone is looking for either. Looks like both are no longer being produced.

20180124_204011 (resized).jpg20180124_204011 (resized).jpg

#349 6 years ago

a2 (resized).pnga2 (resized).png

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

My ACDC is all modded up but I think I've decided to go without the topper and Helen translite if anyone is looking for either. Looks like both are no longer being produced.

pm'd you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lucy-vault/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.