20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.
#151 6 years ago

HUO if the price is right. Anything around the cost of new then NIB it is. Don't give a crap about mods other then a shaker motor.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are the original backboxes ply?

They probably are... but not like the new ones

#153 6 years ago

Don't forget u need to upgrade he Vault sub to match the original. That's the only real concrete difference as far as I can tell.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The side panels of the new backboxes are subject to the same bumps and dings as older style games. And their cheap as hell... pressed wood covered in an ultra thin black vinyl with a decal on top. I know... I had to replace one because it came defective from factory.

I'm talking about the huge gouges in the wood and giant chunks out of the corners that you see on so many games. Not sure what you are talking about with pressed wood. The new heads are all metal unless they have changed something. I had to replace a head decal on my met pro. There was no wood.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm talking about the huge gouges in the wood and giant chunks out of the corners that you see on so many games. Not sure what you are talking about with pressed wood. The new heads are all metal unless they have changed something. I had to replace a head decal on my met pro. There was no wood.

The side panels of the backbox are not metal....

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The side panels of the backbox are not metal....

Did they make a change do to decals peeling then? My met pro was metal. It was a pain getting all of the glue off.

#157 6 years ago

SW Premium backbox sides are not metal....

#158 6 years ago

Unless you had mistaken the vinyl overlay on the pressed wood as metal. It has a textured surface like metal might... but it's basically a very thin black rigid vinyl that's glued to some kind of lightweight pressed wood. And let me tell you... that vinyl surface gets dinged up and it's basically impossible to repair. It's what led Stern to sending me an entire new replacement panel... total PIA.

Not trying to be a debbie downer, just stating the facts from my perspective.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Unless you had mistaken the vinyl overlay on the pressed wood as metal. It has a textured surface like metal might... but it's basically a very thin black rigid vinyl that's glued to some kind of lightweight pressed wood.

Maybe but I don't think so, this was probably 3 or 4 years ago though so who knows.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don't forget u need to upgrade he Vault sub to match the original. That's the only real concrete difference as far as I can tell.

That's a good point... original cabs have the larger sub cut out (although folks using an external sub won't care about that).

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Maybe but I don't think so, this was probably 3 or 4 years ago though so who knows.

I can see how it might have fooled you... It had me fooled (I thought it was basically standard painted wood of some kind... or a thick plastic?). Once you dig in and see what's going on, it's a little surprising.

#162 6 years ago

i guess it really how long they renewed license for. these ve's might be way lower numbers and different because the drummer is NOT on it. so may be more desirable in future. time will tell. i heard they plan on 300 or more luci ve. so with the luci concept in toto will be over 600.

#163 6 years ago

so does the new LUCI have a 12" sub in the cab like the original?

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

so does the new LUCI have a 12" sub in the cab like the original?

No, just the standard stern sub - unless they change the Luci from what's in the Premium VE.

#165 6 years ago

I heard Lucy VE 250-300 run..

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No, just the standard stern sub - unless they change the Luci from what's in the Premium VE.

Which is stupid for an Ac/dc pin for crying out loud.

As for the "production run", its a slam dunk given that they will make as many or as few as are needed to satisfy demand.

#167 6 years ago

God what an ugly pin. Who wants a pink alien devil whore on their machine? Helen is such a better looking package. No wonder they didn't sell many of these. They're hideous.

#168 6 years ago

I have an AC DC Premium vault just bought it like I don't know 6 weeks ago I'm very happy with the game the play field looks great but I'm kind of pissed that you know I wasn't offered this option but that's Stern again... Fatt dirt you're so right that made me spit out my beer...

#169 6 years ago

Dang it Stern, you got me. I'm in. First NIB ever for me.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

I have an AC DC Premium vault just bought it like I don't know 6 weeks ago I'm very happy with the game the play field looks great but I'm kind of pissed that you know I wasn't offered this option but that's Stern again... Fatt dirt you're so right that made me spit out my beer...

You make no sense, you say you are kinda pissed that you weren't offered the Luci as an option to buy instead of your new VE but then you say fattdirt is right about the Luci version being ugly.....???

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

God what an ugly pin. Who wants a pink alien devil whore on their machine?

Funny that’s what I love about this pin!!

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I move my games rarely, so I prefer better play. The older games do generally play better. AC/DC isn't as noticeable as Spider-Man though. I flat out don't like the SMVE and give daily thanks to all that is holy that I decided not to "upgrade" my game for the VE.

I agree but do we really need to nudge SM? It’s so player friendly it’s like a nudge vacation.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Who wants a pink alien devil whore on their machine?

I do.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

God what an ugly pin. Who wants a pink alien devil whore on their machine? Helen is such a better looking package. No wonder they didn't sell many of these. They're hideous.

I don't get it, why is she a whore? Some peoples hate for women who dare not be covered from head to toe just blows my mind, unreal.

In any case I just ordered mine with the shaker motor. Miss my pro that I sold years ago and Lucy was by far my favorite of the art packages, so this will be nice to have. I preferred the pro version back then, but curious if the premium version will grow on me in a home environment. Just fyi for anyone on the fence, my seller told me they are selling fast.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I don't get it, why is she a whore? Some peoples hate for women who dare not be covered from head to toe just blows my mind, unreal.

Well, like Dave Chappelle says, she may not be a whore, but she is wearing a whore's uniform.

(A smattering of NSFW language)

#176 6 years ago

7004E106-46FB-4D65-95EF-B4B845ED6F1B.png7004E106-46FB-4D65-95EF-B4B845ED6F1B.png

#177 6 years ago

Figured this was coming.... glad i sold mine for big bucks .

#178 6 years ago

Lucy version is one of the most beautiful pin art ever created. All other acdcs cant even compare with them old men on backglass and so on. Come on mann

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Well there goes my whole exit plan. When the sh*t comes down I was going to sell my Luci for mad cash and head to Fiji. Now what am I going to do?

Give me the pin and I'll let you go live on my folk's farm in South Dakota. The have lots of guns and will protect you.

#180 6 years ago

so will stern now release the actual production numbers on the original LUCI run? whats the big secret?

#181 6 years ago

Is the Luci character something AC/D created and used on tour? Or is Luci original artwork by Stern? I never "got" the Luci character and find it to be cheap looking and pandering to guys. But if it's an AC/DC creation then that makes total sense.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Is the Luci character something AC/D created and used on tour? Or is Luci original artwork by Stern? I never "got" the Luci character and find it to be cheap looking and pandering to guys. But if it's an AC/DC creation then that makes total sense.

Doesn’t pinball in general pander to mostly guys?

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Doesn’t pinball in general pander to mostly guys?

Talking specifically about the Luci character, an actual question I have about the origins.

#184 6 years ago

luci is hot straight up for a ginger.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Talking specifically about the Luci character, an actual question I have about the origins.

I remember reading somewhere that there was some obscure reference to Luci in connection to Acdc - short for Lucifer or something (and she's got devil horns). But nothing substantial. Should really be a Rosie edition. Maybe it was meant to be but somehow someone labelled it wrong. Or the actual Rosie was a licencing nightmare so they changed her name to Luci.

#186 6 years ago

Confirmed with Stern, the new Luci will be the new cabinet with metalhead and slanted speaker panel.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I remember reading somewhere that there was some obscure reference to Luci in connection to Acdc - short for Lucifer or something. But nothing substantial. Should really be a Rosie edition. Maybe it was meant to be but somehow someone labelled it wrong. Or the actual Rosie was a licencing nightmare so they changed her name to Luci.

Really?

You think a 250 pound Hooker in negligee-based artwork package would sell well?

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really?

She's 170 tops. 36-24-36 you can say she's got it all. #Luci

#189 6 years ago

I’ll upgrade when I finally see the rumored Whole Lotta Rosie edition.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

rOSIE IS 42 39 56 ,you could say shes got it all.

You're thinking Dirty Deeds

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really?

It's a thing sadly:

"She also realised that her size could be lucrative on the internet and started posting naked videos online for men, charging £100 a time."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/partner-50-stone-woman-uses-8781359

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Here is what I have found for original Luci art inspiration.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’ll upgrade when I finally see the rumored Whole Lotta Rosie edition.

would be a WIDE BODY for sure!

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Wrong! From the song lyrics:

"Weighin' in at nineteen stone"

19 stone = 266 pounds. She's a whole lotta woman. A whole lotta woman. A whole lotta Rosie.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Wrong! From the song lyrics:
"Weighin' in at nineteen stone"
19 stone = 266 pounds. She's a whole lotta woman. A whole lotta woman. A whole lotta Rosie.

You obviously missed the Luci reference I'm not talking about Rosie

#196 6 years ago

Ordered! Can't wait! I had an AC/DC premium when I first started collection. I god rid of it and regretted it ever since. Happy to get this one back in this art package!

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ordered! Can't wait! I had an AC/DC premium when I first started collection. I god rid of it and regretted it ever since. Happy to get this one back in this art package!

Same here......I didn't know they were going to run Luci, but got my PremiumVE last week....fakker is bolted to the floor this time.

#198 6 years ago

I had an ACDC premium and it had a better/bigger woofer in the cab. Im assuming this one has the same, but we’re talking Stern here.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I had an ACDC premium and it had a better/bigger woofer in the cab. Im assuming this one has the same, but we’re talking Stern here.

I don't think you should assume that.

It will be interesting to see whether they use the higher quality, glossy decals that the original Luci used, or the usual low quality ones that are standard on Pros and Premiums.

#200 6 years ago

The Premium VE did haven't the bigger/better woofer. Was smaller

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lucy-vault/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.