20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

no thanks. I'll take a bulletproof SAM ACDC over SPIKE any day of the week.

I believe this Lucy VE is still SAM and not SPIKE?...How many SAM boards does Stern still have? Has STERN ever transferred a SAM game to a SPIKE system?

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Tron vault makes no sense to me though. They released it, re-vamped it with the girls translite, etc., and I just don't see a big enough demand for a remake at the new prices.

Says the guy with a Tron.

It's obvious that demand exceeds supply for this title. That's why used Pro's still sell for significantly more than they did NIB. If enough demand is there, it certainly would make a good candidate for a VE.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Tron vault makes no sense to me though. They released it, re-vamped it with the girls translite, etc., and I just don't see a big enough demand for a remake at the new prices.

I think there has been a large influx of people into the hobby that happened after TRON was released, and certainly after they realized how awesome of a game it is. If STERN is still working with Disney on other licenses, it seems like it'd be straight-forward to renew. The playfield itself does not have very many unique mechanisms, so reproduction would be pretty easy as well. Top that off with there being a lot of us that would like one but not wanting to pay the over inflated price on it right now. If I'm going to pay a premium I'd rather get NIB.

#54 6 years ago

Those photos of the playfield can't be correct... the drummer is still there. He was wiped clean on the VE.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Says the guy with a Tron.
It's obvious that demand exceeds supply for this title. That's why used Pro's still sell for significantly more than they did NIB. If enough demand is there, it certainly would make a good candidate for a VE.

To be honest, I bought a used Tron last year obviously for more than NIB cost, and I was hedging my bets that they didn't come out with a VE this year. I was a bit relieved at this announcement to make me feel better about my purchase

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Based on all of the people that keep asking for a remake I think there would be plenty of demand for a TronVE, but there's no way to prove one way or the other without making it and seeing how many people order :/

They could open a pre-order list, actually there are a lot of ways they could gauge the demand, all they need to do is communicate.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

To be honest, I bought a used Tron last year obviously for more than NIB cost, and I was hedging my bets that they didn't come out with a VE this year. I was a bit relieved at this announcement to make me feel better about my purchase

I don't blame you at all. If I bought a game at a specific value, I wouldn't want to sell it at a significant loss down the road.

#58 6 years ago

Tron could use another run, for sure. I've thought about selling mine before, but have always held off because I love the game and I'm afraid that getting one back would be real hard. I also own every single translite made for the game, and I'd hate to lose that.

#59 6 years ago

Unless they make the lower playfield plastic window separate from the playfield I'll never buy one

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I think there has been a large influx of people into the hobby that happened after TRON was released, and certainly after they realized how awesome of a game it is. If STERN is still working with Disney on other licenses, it seems like it'd be straight-forward to renew. The playfield itself does not have very many unique mechanisms, so reproduction would be pretty easy as well. Top that off with there being a lot of us that would like one but not wanting to pay the over inflated price on it right now. If I'm going to pay a premium I'd rather get NIB.

It's kind of crazy to look back and think that Tron and Tron LE were released at a time that pre-dated LED's in pinball machines as both games are incandescent from the factory. If there was ever a game that would benefit from color changing GI and insert lighting Tron VE would be it!

#61 6 years ago

I bought a premium standard edition vault last year, not mad at all. Also have a Tron, make some more if the demand is there!

Remakes are great for new people that might be apprehensive about maintaining a used machine. I’d rather lose some value in a machine I own and see continued healthy sales across the board.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Unless they make the lower playfield plastic window separate from the playfield I'll never buy one

Isn't that what the new Vault does?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's kind of crazy to look back and think that Tron and Tron LE were released at a time that pre-dated LED's in pinball machines as both games are incandescent from the factory. If there was ever a game that would benefit from color changing GI and insert lighting Tron VE would be it!

TRON LE came with LED feature lamp boards from the factory.

#64 6 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority with the Luci edition. I think the art on that edition looks terrible.

I get people liking nice hand drawn art but that cabinet and translight art are poorly drawn and she is a weird purple colour.

It doesn't even match the style or colour scheme of playfield and looks like a complete after thought (which I guess it was).

The only reason people want one over a regular premium is because of its relative rarity but that's only because very few people wanted it in the first place.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

The only reason people want one over a regular premium is because of its relative rarity but that's only because very few people wanted it in the first place.

Or maybe some people like it better and could care less about rarity. Art is extremely subjective and expecting others to like exactly what you like is not overly reasonable.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

I guess I'm in the minority with the Luci edition. I think the art on that edition looks terrible.
I get people liking nice hand drawn art but that cabinet and translight art are poorly drawn and she is a weird purple colour.
It doesn't even match the style or colour scheme of playfield and looks like a complete after thought (which I guess it was).

It looks better in person, but yeah, I prefer the standard premium in regards to art. The BIBLE blows either away though. That is a beauty.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Yeah I've never "got it" either but the people, they love it.

It's the fine line of wanting better art then just a couple of old farts, but also having anyting to do with the theme. Metallica pulled it off but that was a miracle.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My favorite version (what I did) was put the Luci translite in the regular ACDC Premium. It looks great together and is the perfect mix of classic ACDC and LUCI. I've had 3 different translites in my Premium at various times and would rate them: LUCI>Pro>Premium.

Post a pic for us if you don't mind

#69 6 years ago

All of this to me means that the factory needs something to do until the next release (Iron Maiden). Seems as if they are now caught up with orders and need to keep the factory running.

#70 6 years ago

Maybe this loosens up a few used pros for sale locally?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Maybe this loosens up a few used pros for sale locally?

You don't want the pro version of this game... Premium is the way to go!

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

no thanks. I'll take a bulletproof SAM ACDC over SPIKE any day of the week.

agreed. Stern can shove spike up their ass.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This type of move seems so short sighted to me. I'm not in the LE market but I thought the appeal and willingness to shell out that extra money is the rarity and uniqueness of the pin. If Stern is going to turn around and sell more its like they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. It's just damaging that market down the road.

True, but others do it to, so why not them, And i have a Luci already

But JJP being the ass they are started all this. I bought Limited Emerld City, they they made the limited for automated, then the aussie, then the ruby...

same with hobbit, I bought the hobbit pro (decals instead of direct print like when i ordered) then smaug, then black arrow ...

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

True, but others do it to, so why not them, And i have a Luci already
But JJP being the ass they are started all this. I bought Limited Emerld City, they they made the limited for automated, then the aussie, then the ruby...
same with hobbit, I bought the hobbit pro (decals instead of direct print like when i ordered) then smaug, then black arrow ...

LEs, regional-specific features, and special editions go back a long, long ways.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Post a pic for us if you don't mind

Here ya go!

IMG_20180118_172959 (resized).jpgIMG_20180118_172959 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180118_172612 (resized).jpgIMG_20180118_172612 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180118_172941 (resized).jpgIMG_20180118_172941 (resized).jpg

#76 6 years ago

Indy 500 driver FTW! Nice Mike!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

TRON VE is about as close to a no brainer based on current demand, used prices, and the new possibilities a vault treatment will provide.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Indy 500 driver FTW! Nice Mike!

Thanks. Although the actual guts have been replaced with a PS3 and Logitech G27 racing wheel and pedals. Can play a whole lot more games that way!

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You could actually buy the translite cab art and other parts from Marco for the Lucy, I know 2 people that turned their premiums into Lucy pins.
They pulled everything a month or so ago.

Lower playfield is also slightly different......

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Or maybe some people like it better and could care less about rarity. Art is extremely subjective and expecting others to like exactly what you like is not overly reasonable.

Ya, I guess you didn't read the part where I acknowledged I'm in the minority on my feelings towards the Luci art package?

#81 6 years ago

So what would be the US price of a Luci vault?

#82 6 years ago

I think that is the best combination of artwork (translite/cabinet). Looks great!

I wish there was a translite option that matched the original artwork better and didn't have old dudes or cartoon chicks on it. Something with the ACDC logo, maybe some guitars/amps...can't be that hard to do. Not as much work as new art on the playfield which would also be nice but a crazy project.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Tron could use another run, for sure. I've thought about selling mine before, but have always held off because I love the game and I'm afraid that getting one back would be real hard. I also own every single translite made for the game, and I'd hate to lose that.

tron it's calling.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Ya, I guess you didn't read the part where I acknowledged I'm in the minority on my feelings towards the Luci art package?

I read that, then I read that the only reason people want it is because it's rare. I don't think you are in the minority though or it would have sold better. But there's enough people that like it that they can crank out 100-200 or so more and make some $.

#85 6 years ago

Really disappointed it's not Tron. The demand is so clear for that game look at the prices for the pro and forget the le. Such a missed opportunity. When is that game going to come out?!

#86 6 years ago

As much as I liked ACDC, I wasn't enamored with the original art. When I saw Luci, I knew what I wanted. Different strokes for different folks.

Rob

#87 6 years ago

I am buying!

#88 6 years ago

I’m want to help unbox!

#89 6 years ago

I just bought a Metallica 3 days ago, and I already have the AC/DC Pro VE... and yet I REALLY want this.

#90 6 years ago

But it will have the current cabinet, the current playfield quality risk (role of the dice as far as what you end up getting), the ugly bolt on window....it's not like CGC where the remakes are desirable....

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

But it will have the current cabinet, the current playfield quality risk (role of the dice as far as what you end up getting), the ugly bolt on window....it's not like CGC where the remakes are desirable....

I had the original premium and sold it. I just picked up the premiumve. You dont even notice the bolts for lower playfield when playing. Itll be so much easier to clean than the original.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

My guess is they have parts left over from the first vault run and are offering a "new" vault to burn through those excess parts.

Quoted from MikeS:

My guess is that the ACDC Premium VE didn't sell as well as they expected and instead of having parts sit around they ordered more LUCI decals and translites and decided to create more demand by re-releasing the LUCI package. It's not limited and likely doesn't cost them any additional licensing $ so why not.
And yes, a final code update would be sweet! Pretty please Lyman

Quoted from kermit24:

All of this to me means that the factory needs something to do until the next release (Iron Maiden). Seems as if they are now caught up with orders and need to keep the factory running.

I think the buying frenzy has cooled off lately

Pure speculation on my part but it felt like AC/DC VE was rolled out to move units after demand for new releases fell short yet it was sorta too little too late at too high of a price for a DMD game that most folks already owned if desired.

Then again maybe the factory move was to increase productivity so there’s actual inventory to sell!?! Imagine that!

Still... a NIB Luci is tempting me. Then again holy shit it’s expensive and the ColorDMD is a must have added cost that I cannot ignore & QC is unknown like a mofo on this title.

First World problems. I might get this one. Cool problem to have!

#93 6 years ago

"The market DEMANDS more AC/DCs be produced!"

-No one, ever

#94 6 years ago

I think its great they are doing another run.Always liked the luci art the most myself.Figured I'd finally buy one someday even in the 8 to 10k range when the timing was right.Time will tell If the originals drop a bit in price because of this run but I'm not so sure,Still pretty much a "grail" machine to me with its history and pricing levels.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really disappointed it's not Tron. The demand is so clear for that game look at the prices for the pro and forget the le. Such a missed opportunity. When is that game going to come out?!

A Tron Premium would be an interesting vault for sure.

Would please many except the 400 LE owners but Stern are a manufacturing company and it seems like an obvious choice for them to do.

#96 6 years ago

The Premium with the Luci Translite is looking nicer than I did expect. Nevertheless my personal preference is this, Premium with LE siderails / hinges and Helen package. Red Apron with Helen Cards missing in the pictures.

31E38B15-A7C7-436F-80EC-BE9CBFAD1FA3 (resized).jpeg31E38B15-A7C7-436F-80EC-BE9CBFAD1FA3 (resized).jpeg
D11A77FA-8995-4C7A-8EFE-9938467C845A (resized).jpegD11A77FA-8995-4C7A-8EFE-9938467C845A (resized).jpeg
44FBF4D0-01CE-4189-B35A-141BBFA91D57 (resized).png44FBF4D0-01CE-4189-B35A-141BBFA91D57 (resized).png

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

A Tron Premium would be an interesting vault for sure.
Would please many except the 400 LE owners but Stern are a manufacturing company and it seems like an obvious choice for them to do.

I don’t think they would do a Tron Premium. Close, maybe add fiber optic ramps and lit recognizer, but I don’t think they would add all the features of the LE. No daft punk multiball as much as I would like to hope.

A Tron VE will sell at premium prices though.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It looks better in person, but yeah, I prefer the standard premium in regards to art. The BIBLE blows either away though. That is a beauty.

Word. That Back in Black LE is the best looking one by FAR. Wish I had got one.

#99 6 years ago

how many premium ve customers would have wanted the luci ve version?
way to go stern. good looking out for your customers!!

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Word. That Back in Black LE is the best looking one by FAR. Wish I had got one.

Not the consensus, but I disagree Vic. I bought a BIBLe on preorder and switched to a LTBR after I seen the backglass. Looks ass to me.

After the new Luci's come out LTBR will be the true LE again with production #s at 200. ( the least amount made )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lucy-vault/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.