• Hell yes! 85 votes
    42%
  • Not sure 56 votes
    28%
  • I already own ACDC 62 votes
    31%

(203 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 142 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D42D20AD-0501-4176-B4CC-BA89D32B720F (resized).png
IMG_20180614_134636 (resized).jpg
20180428_163633 (resized).jpg
271673CD-6D34-47B1-B465-E4A4B0D1DB30 (resized).png
6EA806A4-3DA6-468B-9FD6-0BF50AC876AF (resized).png
20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg
0504181358 (resized).jpg
6078FE31-1E3B-4C01-B954-391D3BA6F320 (resized).jpeg
cannon 2 (resized).jpg

There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.
#851 10 months ago

No question ACDC is one of the great All time games from any manufacturer. I know this type of hyperbole is used for every game released by Stern, but In this case....the hype is real. 3rd time back in the collection, and having a brand new ACDC is freakin awesome. By far the fastest, most aggressive game I own, yet with flow off the charts. I wasn’t buying Nib when ACDC was originally released, but now I know why everyone was blown away when it was.

#852 10 months ago

Has anyone had a problem and resolved an issue where the cannon fires prematurely without pushing the fire cannon button?

#853 10 months ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Has anyone had a problem and resolved an issue where the cannon fires prematurely without pushing the fire cannon button?

*solved* I replaced the opto for switch 62 despite it testing ok in switch tests. Now works perfectly in case someone has the same problem.

#854 10 months ago

Hey pinsiders,

I am looking for a few more people to join in on a run of the led Roof Band Mod.

Please list your name here and view a bunch of reviews and pictures (lots of happy owners).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lighted-roof-mod

6EA806A4-3DA6-468B-9FD6-0BF50AC876AF (resized).png

271673CD-6D34-47B1-B465-E4A4B0D1DB30 (resized).png

#855 9 months ago

Anyone else's drop target(s) not dropping sometimes from a direct canon shot? My lightning bolt drop target does not drop more often than not, which sucks since it's connected to the jackpots.

What's the best fix for this? Everything looks good underneath. Softer shots make it drop. Do I need more tension on the spring?

#856 9 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Anyone else's drop target(s) not dropping sometimes from a direct canon shot? My lightning bolt drop target does not drop more often than not, which sucks since it's connected to the jackpots.

What's the best fix for this? Everything looks good underneath. Softer shots make it drop. Do I need more tension on the spring?

I have this issue with the AC/DC and TNT targets, not just with cannon shots, sometimes direct strong ball hits too. I was hoping they'd "break in" eventually, but if they can be tweaked for easier drops, that would be cool.

#857 9 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

That happens to me maybe 1 in every 25 cannon shots, something like that.

#858 9 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I have this issue with the AC/DC and TNT targets, not just with cannon shots, sometimes direct strong ball hits too. I was hoping they'd "break in" eventually, but if they can be tweaked for easier drops, that would be cool.

There is no perfect solution, but you can try shortening the drop springs by about 3mm.

Rob

#859 9 months ago

For those who play without playfieldprotector: How’s the playfield holding ? Are there lot of dimples noticeable or any ghostings ?

Thanks

Greetings

#860 9 months ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

*solved* I replaced the opto for switch 62 despite it testing ok in switch tests. Now works perfectly in case someone has the same problem.

Yes, that should do the trick in replacing the opto switch. I need to get one from Stern, but their support is killing me. I'm having an issue with the rubber ring behind the first T in TNT wearing out about once a week. Discovered a few things:
1. The TNT box assembly, when put together at the factory, will not come off my machine without a lot of force. I'm afraid one screw will either strip or ruin the playfield when I remove it.
2. The Rubber ring being the T in TNT is a 1 1/4", not a 1" as supplied from the factory

Anyone else have issues with non-response from Stern support?

#861 9 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

For those who play without playfieldprotector: How’s the playfield holding ? Are there lot of dimples noticeable or any ghostings ?

Thanks

Greetings

I've got the dimples that you'd expect, but no ghosting after a month of playing it. FYI: I installed a playfield protector which required taking almost everything off the playfield. Once I was done, I could not keep debris from getting under the playfield protector as I reinstalled stuff. This included some sawdust that might have been in between the lower playfield window and the window mounting pocket, left over from machining the window pocket. I suspect the static in the playfield protector plastic possibly pulled some small particles of sawdust up. Anyway, I kept having to try to reach under the playfield protector to get debris out, and the playfeld protector ended up getting scratched on the BOTTOM side from me doing this, and the scratches were super noticeable, so I got pissed off and cut the playfield protector out of the machine with scissors. I guess I'll play without one.

#862 9 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I guess I'll play without one.

I told you that the Protector was horseshit!

#863 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I told you that the Protector was horseshit!

Hahaha, yes.. you were correct. I should've had someone video me cutting it out with scissors. Much swearing occurred. Here's a pic of its remains on my concrete floor for your entertainment.

20180428_163633 (resized).jpg

#864 9 months ago

Goddamn that area of the floor is going to be clean for decades under there. I can't wait till like 2032 when you freeze spray that baby off and we see what's underneath.

#865 9 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

More
I've got the dimples that you'd expect, but no ghosting after a month of playing it. FYI: I installed a playfield protector which required taking almost everything off the playfield. Once I was done, I could not keep debris from getting under the playfield protector as I reinstalled stuff. This included some sawdust that might have been in between the lower playfield window and the window mounting pocket, left over from machining the window pocket. I suspect the static in the playfield protector plastic possibly pulled some small particles of sawdust up. Anyway, I kept having to try to reach under the playfield protector to get debris out, and the playfeld protector ended up getting scratched on the BOTTOM side from me doing this, and the scratches were super noticeable, so I got pissed off and cut the playfield protector out of the machine with scissors. I guess I'll play without one.

Are these dimples noticeable very much. I ask because I had machines where it looks terrible, like Star Trek and AFMR. And other machines like Metallica and Aerosmith you won’t see them if you have a closer look

Generally I don’t like the playfield Protectors very much, But on the other side if there are so much noticeable dimples I would prefer to install one.

Thanks

#866 9 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Are these dimples noticeable very much. I ask because I had machines where it looks terrible, like Star Trek and AFMR. And other machines like Metallica and Aerosmith you won’t see them if you have a closer look

Generally I don’t like the playfield Protectors very much, But on the other side if there are so much noticeable dimples I would prefer to install one.

Thanks

Well, they're not noticeable from the playing position when I'm standing with my fingers on the flippers, but if you get over to the side with a flashlight and look at the reflections in front of the AC/DC target bank where you're launching the ball with the cannon, you're gonna see some heavy dimpling. It's evening out over time, but you might end up with the stray heavy dimple here and there with an air ball too. The only way to avoid it is to go with the playfield protector, but man.. I found out that I may just be to OCD about a clean playfield to use a playfield protector. Any time anything gets under it I'm too tempted to fish it out, resulting in scratching the bottom.

#867 9 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

More
Well, they're not noticeable from the playing position when I'm standing with my fingers on the flippers, but if you get over to the side with a flashlight and look at the reflections in front of the AC/DC target bank where you're launching the ball with the cannon, you're gonna see some heavy dimpling. It's evening out over time, but you might end up with the stray heavy dimple here and there with an air ball too. The only way to avoid it is to go with the playfield protector, but man.. I found out that I may just be to OCD about a clean playfield to use a playfield protector. Any time anything gets under it I'm too tempted to fish it out, resulting in scratching the bottom.

Ok thank you

#868 9 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

More
Thanks

If you like buying new pins you should really get over the dimpling. Non issue in my mind. I'd never buy a pf protector. Nice, thick clearcoat on my new Luci. Had to raise the lower pf window with washers. Best to do that asap if you want to prevent associated wear and not have any undesired ball movement.

#869 9 months ago

I bought a used one that has a playfield protector installed, but I will remove it.

#870 9 months ago

Pinsiders - I am in the process of NOW making these. I have a couple spots open- let me know.

ACDC Roof Mod

#871 9 months ago

The rubber ring behind the first T in TNT broke. And when I looked, I saw there is a screw missing just below the upper left corner of the TNT box.
Or are you supposed to leave that out?

IMG_20180614_134636 (resized).jpg
#872 9 months ago
Quoted from Eldritch:

The rubber ring behind the first T in TNT broke. And when I looked, I saw there is a screw missing just below the upper left corner of the TNT box.
Or are you supposed to leave that out?

I just broke the exact same rubber ring behind my TNT targets, and the smaller 3/8" ring on the other side of the TNT targets was also starting to crack, so I removed the plastic below the detonator to replace them. My plastic below the detonator also does not have a screw in this location. I don't think any AC/DCs have a screw holding the plastic down at this location as it would be virtually impossible to get to the screw without having to remove the detonator assembly above it.

#873 9 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I don't think any AC/DCs have a screw holding the plastic down at this location as it would be virtually impossible to get to the screw without having to remove the detonator assembly above it.

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks!

1 week later
#874 9 months ago

Cannon is automatically firing without hitting the fire button. Any good advice for a fix? -Thanks!

#875 9 months ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Cannon is automatically firing without hitting the fire button. Any good advice for a fix? -Thanks!

See post 852 and 853

#876 8 months ago

New, limited batch just made of ACDC Roof mod.

PM to get one.
Thx.

D42D20AD-0501-4176-B4CC-BA89D32B720F (resized).png Added 6 months ago:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod

New link

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Frederick, MD
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside