20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from pinaround2:

Hysterical! Mine all fell out first day. But then my metzel mods lightning bolts came and those bulbs are gone for good.

Are the Metzel Mods good? Do they plug into the existing lightbulb socket? What color did you get?

#702 6 years ago

Raised lower playfield plexiglass to perfect position. Added one per post above the existing rubber rings.
Home Depot Sku#752629

20180406_202135 (resized).jpg20180406_202135 (resized).jpg

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

Are the Metzel Mods good? Do they plug into the existing lightbulb socket? What color did you get?

Mezel mods are great. They’ve been around awhile. I got the red framed bolts to go with LUCI. Plug and play. Plugs into existing harness.

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from pinaround2:

Mezel mods are great. They’ve been around awhile. I got the red framed bolts to go with LUCI. Plug and play. Plugs into existing harness.

Pinbits also makes a very nice set

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Pinbits also makes a very nice set

What’s the difference between the Mezel and Pinbits?

#706 6 years ago

Pinbits

Quoted from cooked71:What’s the difference between the Mezel and Pinbits?

Take a look a a pic of each - you be the judge of which one is best

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Pinbits

Take a look a a pic of each - you be the judge of which one is best

Oh, yeh. That’s pretty clear.

Pinbits ordered.

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s the difference between the Mezel and Pinbits?

Has anyone seen and compared the Pinbits version with what Hooked on Pinball has for a lightning bolt flasher? They look pretty similar but I don’t think the hooked version has flashers on the back? Looks like a lot more leds on the front side though.

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Has anyone seen and compared the Pinbits version with what Hooked on Pinball has for a lightning bolt flasher? They look pretty similar but I don’t think the hooked version has flashers on the back? Looks like a lot more leds on the front side though.

Yes, they are similar - the pinbits don't have flashers in the back either. Completely integrated.

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Yes, they are similar - the pinbits don't have flashers in the back either. Completely integrated.

It looks like on the product description and pictures for the pinbits version it shows 8 leds on the front and 4 on the rear that flash to the back of the game. Do yours or the current version not have them now?

#711 6 years ago

1st flipper spring went. Any good recommendations for economical parts?

#712 6 years ago

Any recommendations for a cannon replacement? Just go with the Pinball Life?

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Any good recommendations for economical parts?

If most of it is left, make a new one. Pictures attached of a remake/JJP type fix.

LTG : )

broke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPG

fix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPG

goodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Any recommendations for a cannon replacement? Just go with the Pinball Life?

What else should I stock up on for this game?

#715 6 years ago

Has anyone tried to connect a external volume control. You can't on the vault. Or am I'm just missing something

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If most of it is left, make a new one. Pictures attached of a remake/JJP type fix.

Yup I was able to rebuild but want to stock up on most common wear items.
What do you recommend?

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Yup I was able to rebuild but want to stock up on most common wear items.
What do you recommend?

I'd at least cover common wear items.

Flipper plunger assemblies, coil sleeves, coil stops, flipper return springs. Slingshot kicker and bracket assembly. Pop bumper metal ring and fiberboard and metal yokes to hold it to plunger. An assortment of rubber rings. Extra balls. Maybe a shooter lane and return lane switch.

#718 6 years ago

Pinbits lightning bolts are awesome and really add to the lightshow

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

The Hooked ones were terrible. The individual LED's routinely failed due to vibration. Plus, the original design shorted the flasher circuit to the switch circuit because of a washer used on the rivet holding it all together (I think this flaw is fixed now). I bought a set and never used them because I could never get them working 100%. There was always a segment going out on them and I just gave up.

The pinbits ones look nice, but a bit pricey.

Rob

#720 6 years ago

Never tried the Hooked ones, but have had the red Pinbits ones for years in my Luci and they look and work great. Must have mod imo. I don't remember them being as pricey as they are now, but I tend to subconsciously block out how much money I spend on pinball stuff.

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I tend to subconsciously block out how much money I spend on pinball stuff.

Hahahha, you're not the only one.

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from little-italy:

Has anyone tried to connect a external volume control. You can't on the vault. Or am I'm just missing something

Yes the PinVol works great

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yes the PinVol works great

Please post a pic, my coin door controls Doesn't have a splitter. Thanks again. Oh I'm using the tournament hole volume control.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

We have the Hooked on ones on our original Luci. Plenty bright enough and we still have the original flashers in behind the lightening bolts. There are only LEDs on the front and none on the back. We put them in 2 years ago as per instructions and have had no issues. Hooked on are great to deal with too!

#725 6 years ago

Please post a pic, my coin door controls Doesn't have a splitter. Thanks again. Oh I'm using the tournament hole volume control.

just unplug the connector that goes to the menu buttons and plug it in there.

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

just unplug the connector that goes to the menu buttons and plug it in there.

Mine doesn't have that 6 pin splitter, I've installed many of these volume controls. My luci vault doesn't have the splitter. Please tell me I'm not the only luci vault like this.....

#727 6 years ago

Hey gang, that flasher behind the lightning bolts got broken, (see picture) I'm struggling to find correct lamp ID to order replacement. Where is a good source for replacements? Thanks in advance!

IMG_7528 (resized).JPGIMG_7528 (resized).JPG

#728 6 years ago

Mine doesn't have that 6 pin splitter, I've installed many of these volume controls. My luci vault doesn't have the splitter. Please tell me I'm not the only luci vault like this.....

My 6pin is connected to a new circuit board that controls the service buttons,

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from pinaround2:

any pics of the red lightning bolts on game? like to see em

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

Hey gang, that flasher behind the lightning bolts got broken, (see picture) I'm struggling to find correct lamp ID to order replacement. Where is a good source for replacements? Thanks in advance!

comet pinball

#731 6 years ago

Figured it out little tight but we're all good, it's a new service buttons. Thanks

#732 6 years ago

Thanks! should have checked there first

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Thanks for all the comments on the subject!

After looking over all the choices a couple of times, I decided to go with the Pinbits version. Now the wait begins!

#734 6 years ago

Few of these mods left for sale in the 4th and last round of making these! No more material to make these - so get one of these last cool mods!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-roof-band-mod-lighted

C0003962-97FD-4CFB-A83F-A4A0F9BFC3E4 (resized).jpegC0003962-97FD-4CFB-A83F-A4A0F9BFC3E4 (resized).jpeg

2A624682-3DF1-41A0-B420-8CCAECDF5C62 (resized).jpeg2A624682-3DF1-41A0-B420-8CCAECDF5C62 (resized).jpeg

#735 6 years ago

Got my Luci yesterday. Most of it working like a charm!

Raised the lower playfield using the tips above. Got much better.

Ball gets stuck sometimes in the right top lane. But a little nudge fix that. No big deal.

After playing the lower playfield, the ball always get stuck behind the bell. Takes some nudging to make it go a little up and to the left.

Most frustrating is that the left loop spinner often stays in almost horizontal position. Making the ball pass without even touching the spinner.

Anyone else got these last two issues and know how to fix?

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from Eldritch:

Got my Luci yesterday. Most of it working like a charm!
Raised the lower playfield using the tips above. Got much better.
Ball gets stuck sometimes in the right top lane. But a little nudge fix that. No big deal.
After playing the lower playfield, the ball always get stuck behind the bell. Takes some nudging to make it go a little up and to the left.
Most frustrating is that the left loop spinner often stays in almost horizontal position. Making the ball pass without even touching the spinner.

I stuck a small piece of felt to the right of the bell and that was enough for the ball not to rest against bell and so now it never gets stuck.

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I stuck a small piece of felt to the right of the bell and that was enough for the ball not to rest against bell and so now it never gets stuck.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

#738 6 years ago

Just picked up a Luci. Anyone have a problem with the "E" at the Top Drop Thru. Mine works on and off every game. Looked under the board and the switch is not making a click sound. The "E" lights up on and off as well. Looks like all the wires are connected. Thanks.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can you take a picture so I understand? Thx!

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you take a picture so I understand? Thx!

See just right of the bell? Small piece of brown felt stuck to metal rail. Ball has never got stuck here since doing this.

It is same height as ball and just stops ball from resting behind the ball on the bell.

IMG_2898 (resized).jpgIMG_2898 (resized).jpg

#741 6 years ago

Hello fellas. I got my AC/DC Luci VE today, and luckily it's pretty much perfect cosmetically. There was only a couple of assembly errors I'm correcting. One of them is the clear plastic stack behind the TNT handle. It's got 3 plastic spacers that appeared to be out of order, as it was bent to the point of starting to stress crack the plastic. Can someone please get a clear picture of how this plastic stack is supposed to be assembled? Thanks in advance! Here's a pic of the plastic stack pulled out of my game with the tiny spacer that was in the middle removed:

20180418_190401 (resized).jpg20180418_190401 (resized).jpg

#742 6 years ago

I got my NIB Luci Vault last week and opened in up and set it up this tuesday. It took 1 game to find the lower playfied super low causing every ball to fly all over or it changing the path of the ball. I also noticed the T10 screws stripped out like some tech at Stern over torqued them. I Can't say I'm very happy for a 7Kish NIB game showing up with this sort of an issue. I emailed Chas and he's sending all new T10 screws, however the lower playfield lowness is unacceptable IMO. I bought the #6 washers like an above post and it fixed 75% of the issue but there are still a few areas that are not flush and I don't know what to do now. I don't really feel like I gotta dick around with this if it's a NIB. I had an original Premium back in 14' or whenever they came out and didn't have to do anything except address the SDTM issue. If this doesn't get better I'm going to request a more drastic measure from Stern.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

I got my NIB Luci Vault last week and opened in up and set it up this tuesday. It took 1 game to find the lower playfied super low causing every ball to fly all over or it changing the path of the ball. I also noticed the T10 screws stripped out like some tech at Stern over torqued them. I Can't say I'm very happy for a 7Kish NIB game showing up with this sort of an issue. I emailed Chas and he's sending all new T10 screws, however the lower playfield lowness is unacceptable IMO. I bought the #6 washers like an above post and it fixed 75% of the issue but there are still a few areas that are not flush and I don't know what to do now. I don't really feel like I gotta dick around with this if it's a NIB. I had an original Premium back in 14' or whenever they came out and didn't have to do anything except address the SDTM issue. If this doesn't get better I'm going to request a more drastic measure from Stern.

Leveling the window should definitely get handled before it goes out the door. Are they aware it's a problem?

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Leveling the window should definitely get handled before it goes out the door. Are they aware it's a problem?

I mean, they would have to be aware of it. The height differential is so drastic. It's like playing on a haunted machine. The ball just will hit and edge and change direction. Honestly it looks like they just looked at the machines and were like.
Lower playfield too low? F*** it
Canon scrapping on plastic? F*** it
Top lanes too tight? F*** it.

I love my machine, super fun to play, but I would only buy a new stern at a discount price from now on, because they build them like discount products.

To me it seems like they are getting ready to sell the company. Make the bottom line look real good. Because this can't be an effective long term strategy with all the new players in market.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hello fellas. I got my AC/DC Luci VE today, and luckily it's pretty much perfect cosmetically. There was only a couple of assembly errors I'm correcting. One of them is the clear plastic stack behind the TNT handle. It's got 3 plastic spacers that appeared to be out of order, as it was bent to the point of starting to stress crack the plastic. Can someone please get a clear picture of how this plastic stack is supposed to be assembled? Thanks in advance! Here's a pic of the plastic stack pulled out of my game with the tiny spacer that was in the middle removed:

thats the way it is, mine is pretty bent up too.

#746 6 years ago

i'll prob just put a bit taller spacer where the little one goes.

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

thats the way it is, mine is pretty bent up too.

Thank you for the verification! I appreciate it.

#748 6 years ago

Does anyone know what mounts here?
I had my back glass off and noticed these posts? Blue circled area.

Thx!

F18802A5-5212-4527-8069-5468A722437E (resized).jpegF18802A5-5212-4527-8069-5468A722437E (resized).jpeg

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Does anyone know what mounts here?
I had my back glass off and noticed these posts? Blue circled area.

Power supply for Spike System games ? AC/DC is SAM System

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from Eldritch:

Make sure your bell is screwed in all the way. If it unscrews slightly, it will trap the ball as you described. I blught some loccktight to help keep it in.

Also, what is the pitch of your playfield? 6.5? Seems like anything less than 6.5 *may* have an effect on the ball getting stuck there.

I'm also having an issue with the spinner. I tried swapping out the screw to the right with a flat screw, but that didn't help. It almost looks like I need to bend the arm that holds the spinner so it rests vertically instead of at a 45 degree angle as it sits right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lucy-vault/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.