20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.
#651 6 years ago

Mine had the same issue, they just ended up filing down the ramp a bit.

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your machine, but I would put actually cutting the ramp at dead last in the list of potential actions. It's likely just an assembly error on yours because everyone isn't having this problem. That means it can be fixed without something as drastic as cutting to make it work right.

Permanent mods are “ALWAYS” last resort… that’s repair 101 for anything.
There were many assembly errors if that is what you are calling them. I’ve heard of several others having similar issues. Good to know you can reach out to boards like this and find many other people who had the same issue out of the box and can figure out the best way to make the repair once you’ve heard from them.
Again, thanks for the advise but I am really waiting to hear from someone who actually owns the machine and has had the issue resolved.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Permanent mods are “ALWAYS” last resort… that’s repair 101 for anything.
There were many assembly errors if that is what you are calling them. I’ve heard of several others having similar issues. Good to know you can reach out to boards like this and find many other people who had the same issue out of the box and can figure out the best way to make the repair once you’ve heard from them.
Again, thanks for the advise but I am really waiting to hear from someone who actually owns the machine and has had the issue resolved.

We have a LTBR LE, so yeah, we own the machine. But we did not have this problem.

#654 6 years ago

I had Luci finally show up on Friday and then was able to get her setup and adjusted yesterday.

Not too many issues to deal with...

1) I had to use some rubber grommets to shim up the lower playfield window to make it flush.
2) A couple of switches to adjust.
3) The cannon needed the wiring harness to be loosened up to be able to rotate freely. Then the right ramp had to be adjusted to the far right for more clearance and then I tweaked the bottom ramp support by bending it slightly to the right to give the cannon enough room to swing without touching anything.
4) One of the lockdown bar latches was completely off and laying in the bottom of the cabinet.
5) One pop bumper was sticking, but adjusted on the bottom side of the playfield to free it up.
6) Replaced flipper rubbers and installed some new pinballs from PBL.
7) I had no issue with the top AXE lanes as others have had. Spacing was about even amongst the three.

Put a coat of wax on it and proceeded to play!

The cabinet, decals, and playfield all look really nice on this machine. No complaints so far on that.

I’m not sure how long the build is (or was) on this run, but for others that may wish to know, my build date was March 12, 2018 on this Luci.

6F3AC357-D423-44DD-A28E-3DFEB1E19E07 (resized).jpeg6F3AC357-D423-44DD-A28E-3DFEB1E19E07 (resized).jpeg

#655 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have a LTBR LE, so yeah, we own the machine. But we did not have this problem.

yup that's what I meant... owned the machine AND resolved the issue. No need for speculation but thanks again; let's reserve the space for those with more experience on the matter.

pm is always available...

#656 6 years ago

SPAMP. The cannon and ramp rubbing issue was a pretty easy fix for me. I didn’t have any play to move the ramp over at all. I used an exacto knife and just trimmed the ramp up a bit. Yours looks like you have plenty to play with. My ramp looks completely normal and nobody would ever tell it was trimmed. I would recommend you do that. 5 minute fix.

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

SPAMP. The cannon and ramp rubbing issue was a pretty easy fix for me. I didn’t have any play to move the ramp over at all. I used an exacto knife and just trimmed the ramp up a bit. Yours looks like you have plenty to play with. My ramp looks completely normal and nobody would ever tell it was trimmed. I would recommend you do that. 5 minute fix.

Gigiddy!

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

CANNON ISSUE:
Backside of cannon getting stuck on return. Rubs on right ramp.
What's the best way to adjust the cannon or nearby plastics?

-Thanks!

Mine did the same thing. I used a dremmel and now its perfect.

#659 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Mine did the same thing. I used a dremmel and now its perfect.

K thx

#660 6 years ago

Original Luci cannon clearance.

Rob

20180401_220140 (resized).jpg20180401_220140 (resized).jpg

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Original Luci cannon clearance.
Rob

So it rubbed too? Guess they never bothered to fix the flaw

#662 6 years ago

I am making a 4th LIMITED run of 10 with the spare material I have. PM if interested. ACDC Lighted Band Mod.

Please read the pinside AD.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-roof-band-mod-lighted

DFD42C2E-2430-414B-8B72-22B5B583EC19 (resized).jpegDFD42C2E-2430-414B-8B72-22B5B583EC19 (resized).jpeg

1B37F4A7-7134-4218-8772-7DAA73446519 (resized).jpeg1B37F4A7-7134-4218-8772-7DAA73446519 (resized).jpeg

#663 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

So it rubbed too? Guess they never bothered to fix the flaw

No, it never rubbed. Someone said the rubber piece was hitting the ramp and mine has a few mm of clearance there.

Rob

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No, it never rubbed. Someone said the rubber piece was hitting the ramp and mine has a few mm of clearance there.
Rob

oh ok then i have much less room. the metal from the cannon actually hits the right ramp

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

oh ok then i have much less room. the metal from the cannon actually hits the right ramp

Mine had the metal and rubber hitting. I moved things enough for the metal to clear and now cannon functions. Rubber still hits at end of travel. Not sure what to do about that.

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Mine had the metal and rubber hitting. I moved things enough for the metal to clear and now cannon functions. Rubber still hits at end of travel. Not sure what to do about that.

Dang. Let me get on the horn with Stern in the AM.

Definitely a multiple customer issue here.

#667 6 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for the clear window for the lower playfield. I was hoping to order an extra one if they come available.

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Does anyone know the part number for the clear window for the lower playfield. I was hoping to order an extra one if they come available.

No. -666

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Looks like it’s 545-9980-00

#670 6 years ago

Where do you get the rubber grommets to shim up the lower play field window? And what size should I get?

#671 6 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You can check out here what size RustyLizard used on his Luci.

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Just posted - ACDC Luci out of the box adjustments video.
Check out what rustylizard needed to adjust when he recently set one up.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mayhem-youtube-channel-thread/page/2#post-4310701
Let us know what you think of the video
Jeremy & the Pinball Mayhem crew.

I used some from this assortment I bought from Harbor Freight? Or maybe it was Northern Tool or Home Depot quite some time ago...

Anyways it was 3.8mm ID x 7.6mm OD x 1.9mm section size.

If I didn’t have any, I would have just taken one of the grommets off and cruised over to the local hardware store to find something that was close in size...

CB52387F-A3A1-4DC3-8376-45A36DB1ECDA (resized).jpegCB52387F-A3A1-4DC3-8376-45A36DB1ECDA (resized).jpeg

#672 6 years ago

Okay, so how many problems does a NIB Luci have to have to be a lemon?

1) Had to fix some cabinet damage (see pic, long story)
2) Top right lane ball was hanging up (easy fix)
3) Sunken lower play field window (shimmed it up, still not perfect)
4) Bell gong dragging on play field (Loctite, screwed it in)
5) Lightning flasher bulbs (all 3) popping out onto playfield (wrapped neatly with black electrical tape around socket and base of bulb)
6) Cannon dragging on ramp (adjusted ramp and pushed hard to the right on ramp to get it to quit dragging)
7) Cannon auto firing intermittently (messed with it for days, thought maybe it was a bad opto, finally loosened loom wiring to the cannon and it stopped, for now)

The 8th problem I noticed is that the two spotlights on the sling shots are not on. Are they general illumination or controlled lamps? I looked thru all the tests and tried everything I could find including the new LED tests but nothing on those lights. I assume they are GI and that I'm gonna have to dig in to the game again. I just thought I would post the question first as I'm sick of fixing things...

0321181940 (resized).jpg0321181940 (resized).jpg

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Yeesh... I 'm looking forward to mine arriving soon. I'll be checking for all of the noted issues. I'm figuring I'm gonna have to check and adjust the lower playfield window and check and adjust clearance on the cannon at a minimum. Might as well secure the lightning flasher bulbs while I'm at

#674 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Might as well secure the lightning flasher bulbs while I'm at

Mine were held in with a little dab of hot glue that didn't hold. If they had used more glue they might have been okay...

#675 6 years ago

Those spotlights should be gi

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Those spotlights should be gi

Thanks, I'll dig into it tonight. Hopefully it's something simple

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Thanks, I'll dig into it tonight. Hopefully it's something simple

I've had a nib game where they forgot to wire the gi in the back panel before - so you never know.

#678 6 years ago

The lightning flasher bulbs all pop out on mine as well so I replaced the bulbs. Basically went through my stash of bulbs and found some that fit far tighter than the stock ones. Those have since stayed put.

#679 6 years ago

The cabinet damage is ridiculous....hope u contacted the factory

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The cabinet damage is ridiculous....hope u contacted the factory

Don't know if it was the factory or the shipper. I suspect the factory as the head had to be up to compress that corner. I had to remove and square up the hinges also so I suspect it was the factory. Problem was it was already accepted from the shipper as it wasn't discovered until the game was being set up. Started to go thru the hidden damage routine with the shipper and said screw it. I inspected the game and that was all the damage I could find. Cabinet was still solid in that corner despite the hunk being out of it. I've done enough cabinet repair that it wan't a big deal to fix it. It's also hidden by the hinge when the game is set up. The distributor did agree to send me new hinges but I haven't seen them yet...

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I've had a nib game where they forgot to wire the gi in the back panel before - so you never know.

Once I figure it out I will post what it was..

#682 6 years ago

Sorry to hear this. Exact reason why NIB is such a crapshoot....

Quoted from Pinnutz:

5) Lightning flasher bulbs (all 3) popping out onto playfield (wrapped neatly with black electrical tape around socket and base of bulb)
6) Cannon dragging on ramp (adjusted ramp and pushed hard to the right on ramp to get it to quit dragging)
7) Cannon auto firing intermittently (messed with it for days, thought maybe it was a bad opto, finally loosened loom wiring to the cannon and it stopped, for now)
The 8th problem I noticed is that the two spotlights on the sling shots are not on. Are they general illumination or controlled lamps? I looked thru all the tests and tried everything I could find including the new LED tests but nothing on those lights. I assume they are GI and that I'm gonna have to dig in to the game again. I just thought I would post the question first as I'm sick of fixing things...

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Looks like the VE has the same issues as the original. The cannon has a plastic cover with screws that hold it on. Check the screws are tight. The cannon cover will touch the balls on the playfield during multiball while the cannon is moving if the cover is not on correctly. We could not get the bulbs to stay in either. We used a small amount of silicon to stick them in their place.

Good luck! Still an awesome game.

#684 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Looks like the VE has the same issues as the original. The cannon has a plastic cover with screws that hold it on. Check the screws are tight. The cannon cover will touch the balls on the playfield during multiball while the cannon is moving if the cover is not on correctly. We could not get the bulbs to stay in either. We used a small amount of silicon to stick them in their place.
Good luck! Still an awesome game.

The electrical tape around the base method will keep the bulbs tightly in their socket, and it's completely invisible when the bulb is in the socket.

#685 6 years ago

Biggest mystery in Pinball.....why not use bayonet base led’s for all GI?

#686 6 years ago

Well Luci fully operational for now. Spotlights were an easy fix. Right side was not connected. Had to cut two wire ties on the loom and dig the connector out to attach it. The left side was a loose bulb. Played probably five games last night with no new issues. Even got Grand Champion on the last game

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The electrical tape around the base method will keep the bulbs tightly in their socket, and it's completely invisible when the bulb is in the socket.

Stern Chas advises silicone

#688 6 years ago

I got the grommets to shim up the mini playfield and ended up breaking the screwes than hold down the glass. Not sure how I can do this with a screw driver but I did. Any advice?

BF34F941-DEBB-4B35-B4B3-0B0CFB214744 (resized).jpegBF34F941-DEBB-4B35-B4B3-0B0CFB214744 (resized).jpeg

17BDF1E1-FFB2-44BE-AD5B-26BF8AEE11B9 (resized).jpeg17BDF1E1-FFB2-44BE-AD5B-26BF8AEE11B9 (resized).jpeg

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

I got the grommets to shim up the mini playfield and ended up breaking the screwes than hold down the glass. Not sure how I can do this with a screw driver but I did. Any advice?

Get a tool from Harbor Freight to remove broken screws.

#690 6 years ago

How did you break it?

Use a reverse drill bit.

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Bc sterm is cheap... its so annoying seeing flickering bulbs when coils go off or worse it goes out or falls out. I just picked up.a star trek and it happens with alot of the gi.

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Amen brother. Especially for spot lights. I'm sure the answer is because they're cheaper, but I hate wedge sockets.
Wedge bulbs + vibration = aggrivation

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Bc sterm is cheap... its so annoying seeing flickering bulbs when coils go off or worse it goes out or falls out. I just picked up.a star trek and it happens with alot of the gi.

Honestly can’t be that much more to make a spotlight bayonet, especially in the Qty Stern would order.

On my Aerosmith they’ve got this elaborate spring clip on the spots, but haven’t seen it since. It works well. But surely it would be cheaper if the spots themselves were bayonet!

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

I had to shim the lower playfied acrylic on my Luci Vault. It appears to me that the threads in the main playfield are T-nuts. You would need to either call Stern or remove the lower playfield to confirm this. If they are t-nuts you should be able to tap it out from the top and replace accordingly.

713b9PzanmL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg713b9PzanmL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#695 6 years ago

You could also use a mirror to confirm they are t-nuts.

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Amen brother. Especially for spot lights. I'm sure the answer is because they're cheaper, but I hate wedge sockets.
Wedge bulbs + vibration = aggrivation

Quoted from cooked71:

Honestly can’t be that much more to make a spotlight bayonet, especially in the Qty Stern would order.
On my Aerosmith they’ve got this elaborate spring clip on the spots, but haven’t seen it since. It works well. But surely it would be cheaper if the spots themselves were bayonet!

Gi sld be bayonet for sure... but they probably save a cent per socket.. so after thousands of pins it adds up . As much as they charge now they sld be using bayo tho.

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Gi sld be bayonet for sure... but they probably save a cent per socket.. so after thousands of pins it adds up . As much as they charge now they sld be using bayo tho.

They're saving more than a cent per BULB thought. The bayonet bases are metal, the wedges are plastic, which is much cheaper.

#698 6 years ago

The final 4th video (game play) from the day RustyLizard and I got together for ACDC Luci has been posted

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mayhem-youtube-channel-thread/page/2#post-4323830

For those who haven't checked out the other ones they are game play, discussion of basic shots, under the hood, & out of the box adjustments.

Enjoy
Jeremy & the Pinball Mayhem crew

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're saving more than a cent per BULB thought. The bayonet bases are metal, the wedges are plastic, which is much cheaper.

I agree, but it's penny wise and pound foolish. Every owner gets that annoying "Ugh" as the bulbs fall out. On my Pro VE all 3 lightning bolt flashers jumped out of the sockets within games of getting it. In high vibration areas, they should be secured. It's not like they just started building games and didn't know that.

Crazy, but I'm probably asking to increase costs by $20. Proper lights in some places, level windows in the middle of the playfields. Crazy, I know.

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

The lightning flasher bulbs all pop out on mine as well so I replaced the bulbs. Basically went through my stash of bulbs and found some that fit far tighter than the stock ones. Those have since stayed put.

Hysterical! Mine all fell out first day. But then my metzel mods lightning bolts came and those bulbs are gone for good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

16,500 (Firm)
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lucy-vault/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.