20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

printed today for the video mod

now you tell me after I just bought the star trek one off you! lol!

#602 6 years ago

my ball is sticking on the inlane as well, will have to adjust window a bit too. just put a 1/4" size smaller rubber on it, it'll clear inlane just fine. or adjust pitch of machine a little higher in back will help.

#603 6 years ago

anybody get contacted for their luci ve from cointaker yet?

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

my ball is sticking on the inlane as well, will have to adjust window a bit too. just put a 1/4" size smaller rubber on it, it'll clear inlane just fine. or adjust pitch of machine a little higher in back will help.

Thanks for the tip. Stern tech support said they were adjustable but I haven't checked.

Are we ruling out the possibility that our balls are too big?

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I'm anxiously awaiting contact.

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I talked to Melissa today and she told me they were going to ship tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

#607 6 years ago

I was surprised that the luci vault had the Sam boards in it instead of the new spike system. I was very excited about it actually. Anyone know why?

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

Anyone know why?

I believe Stern has said in the past that vault editions would have the same board set as the original game.

LTG : )

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe Stern has said in the past that vault editions would have the same board set as the original game.
LTG : )

Until they don't, in LotR vault.

#610 6 years ago

She’s arrived, finally. I’m considering going with a new Stern distributer the next time around. Some of the distributors seem slower than others.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

She’s arrived, finally. I’m considering going with a new Stern distributer the next time around. Some of the distributors seem slower than others.

Some are definitely better than others.

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I think a lot of the "Pinside" distros keep little to no inventory. I'm guessing what I think is obvious... it takes a massive line of credit or tons of working capital to hold inventory.

Maybe they get your order, wait for a dozen more, then place their order w/Stern & then wait for production?

When I went to buy my Aerosmith no one had em in stock & they wanted me to mail a check or wire funds. Lol, 1987 shit right there.

Ended up going w/GRG.

They keep a shitload of stock.
They have techs to handle issues.
They show your shipping ETA on the order page.

Most of all... they have the Luci's you guys are waiting for.

Do pinheads really need $350 that bad? To wait weeks, months, etc?

Life is short. I prefer to buy a game while taking a shit, using my CC for security, rewards & ease of use + seeing it arrive 4 days later.

#613 6 years ago

Not a peep. But waiting patiently because I ordered so late in the game.

#614 6 years ago

Just posted - ACDC Luci out of the box adjustments video.
Check out what RustyLizard needed to adjust when he recently set one up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mayhem-youtube-channel-thread/page/2#post-4310701

Let us know what you think of the video
Jeremy & the Pinball Mayhem crew.

#615 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

I was surprised that the luci vault had the Sam boards in it instead of the new spike system. I was very excited about it actually. Anyone know why?

It wouldn't have made economic sense for them to redesign the logic operation of the game to fit the newer boards. They already had the parts and plans for the game as it was released and built in 2014.

#616 6 years ago

It's been over a week since I submitted a warranty claim to Stern and I haven't heard back from them.
Anyone have any warranty advice to offer?

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

It's been over a week since I submitted a warranty claim to Stern and I haven't heard back from them.

Follow up with a phone call to chas, but sometimes it takes time, especially if it's not a small part like a coil or something.

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Follow up with a phone call to chas, but sometimes it takes time, especially if it's not a small part like a coil or something.

Thanks. I will call again. Seems like the window is getting tight with only a 60 day warranty. Good think I bought it with a CC and have consumer protections there

Hope it doesn't come to that though.

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Thanks. I will call again. Seems like the window is getting tight with only a 60 day warranty. Good think I bought it with a CC and have consumer protections there

What issue are you having? In practice, Stern often covers stuff that's "their fault" much longer than 60 days.

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What issue are you having? In practice, Stern often covers stuff that's "their fault" much longer than 60 days.

Crack in underside of mini playfield (not the ball side the underside that holds the ball eject and flippers) ; Dent and rub wear on seaper panel cover, chip in coin door... i posted pictures.

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Crack in underside of mini playfield (not the ball side the underside that holds the ball eject and flippers) ; Dent and rub wear on seaper panel cover, chip in coin door... i posted pictures.

Ah, I remember that one. That'll be a tough sell for warranty. Definitely post if they do anything for you. All of those except the speaker panel part I would put in the "fix yourself" category. Very minor for pinball machines relatively speaking.

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Stern probably will not replace your mini playfield directly because it's too expensive of an item. You need to go through your distributor for that. I had to go through my distributor for a bad CPU on my SWLE.

Rob

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, I remember that one. That'll be a tough sell for warranty. Definitely post if they do anything for you. All of those except the speaker panel part I would put in the "fix yourself" category. Very minor for pinball machines relatively speaking.

I don't know about that. There is a structural defect in the wood (it wasn't meant to be manufacutred with that defect).
Don't know I can go chop down a tree... mill it, cut it, shape it, sand it, and install it on the game =)
I'd have an easier time paining over the scuff on the speaker panel and putting bondo on the dent.

There shouldn't be any "fix yourself" items on a NIB item. Adjustments sure... "fixes" no. That's why they made bank cards with consumer protection

Oh and I also noticed a chip in the translite now too! shm

#624 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Stern probably will not replace your mini playfield directly because it's too expensive of an item. You need to go through your distributor for that. I had to go through my distributor for a bad CPU on my SWLE.
Rob

But Bad CPU is a legit problem. Small crack on the backside bottom of a miniPF from an overtightened screw is 5 minutes with wood glue to fix and will never be a problem again. I can't see Stern OR the dist replacing it, but would like to know if they DO.

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

I don't know about that. There is a structural defect in the wood (it wasn't meant to be manufacutred with that defect).

No, someone just tightened that screw too tight. Do that at the edge of any plywood and lots of them will crack. It's really not a big deal, out of sight, doesn't affect gameplay, and dead simple to fix.

#626 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Thanks for responding. Good to know there may be recourse with the distributor. It doesn't look like the lower playfield has to be replaced but rather a small piece of wood that hangs off it. Not sure withholding warranty support for something that is deemed expensive would hold up. That's bad ju ju.

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, someone just tightened that screw too tight. Do that at the edge of any plywood and lots of them will crack. It's really not a big deal, out of sight, doesn't affect gameplay, and dead simple to fix.

Well I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. The piece of wood is a structural support. And you’ve actually made my point by stating they “overtightened the screw”… that is what you call a manufacturing defect.

#628 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Did you read the warranty? None of those issues you have, are covered in Sterns warranty.

The 60 day part refers to the printed circuit boards only.

#629 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But Bad CPU is a legit problem. Small crack on the backside bottom of a miniPF from an overtightened screw is 5 minutes with wood glue to fix and will never be a problem again. I can't see Stern OR the dist replacing it, but would like to know if they DO.

I didn't know you were the arbiter for all things Stern warranty related.
What you are not factoring in is that they may have to refund the entire amount if the bank card company sides with their consumer

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Did you read the warranty? None of those issues you have, are covered in Sterns warranty.
The 60 day part refers to the printed circuit boards only.

I'm sorry but you don't get to drop off damaged merchandice at someone's doorstep and have the expectation that they will not ask for it to be fixed. You sound like someone who is jaded and may have had a wattanty experiece not go your way.

I only reached out to this site to ask those that have had a slow resposnse from stern warranty how they were able to quicken it. I'm not really asking for your opinion on what you feel is or is not warranty.

Also I guess you have never read a merchant agreement with an bank card company. There are certain things a seller implicitly agrees to by simply accepting Visa payments et. al. That's why ya never pay cash kids

#631 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

I'm sorry but you don't get to drop off damages merchandice at someone's doorstep and have the expectation that they will not ask for it to be fixed. You sound like someone who is jaded and may have had a wattanty experiece not go your way.
I only reached out to this site to ask those that have had a slow resposnse from stern warranty how they were able to quicken it. I'm not really asking for your opinion on what you feel is or is not warranty.
Also I guess you have never read a merchant agreement with an bank card company. There are certain things a seller implicitly agrees to by simply accepting Visa payments et. al. That's why ya never pay cash kids

Good luck with that.

Let me know when you get your full refund for the minor imperfections on your game, that the warranty specifically states aren't covered.

Do you think you are the first person to run into these issues? How about looking back to see how Stern has handled these minor issues in the past?

You may not like what you see.

#632 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

I'm sorry but you don't get to drop off damaged merchandice at someone's doorstep and have the expectation that they will not ask for it to be fixed. You sound like someone who is jaded and may have had a wattanty experiece not go your way.

I'm starting to understand why CGC won't warranty 2nd owners in the warranty period. This reads like a nightmare nitpick customer with the extremly minor complaints you have blown up out of proportion. Yikes.

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Good luck with that.
Let me know when you get your full refund for the minor imperfections on your game, that the warranty specifically states aren't covered.
Do you think you are the first person to run into these issues? How about looking back to see how Stern has handled these minor issues in the past?
You may not like what you see.

"Do you think you are the first person..." what's that supposed to mean? I could ask the same thing of you. Do you think you are the first person to be wrong about something?

No one said I am looking to have the entire machine refunded although it would be my right to pursue…. If there is a monetary amount as opposed to sending the replacement parts that would be something to consider…
“How about looking back….” LOL no… but back to my original post I was asking people different ways to get in touch with Stern warranty dept.
I must say I never expected negativity when reaching out for such a simple cut and dry issue.

Wowzers “Batman 66”!

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm starting to understand why CGC won't warranty 2nd owners in the warranty period. This reads like a nightmare nitpick customer with the extremly minor complaints you have blown up out of proportion. Yikes.

Nope sorry this is NIB.... 1st owner here. I think you missed something. What is major and what is minor is in the eye of he who is paying the bill

I've had a few other pins second hand in the past. What pins do you own?

#635 6 years ago

OK now that all the negativity is out of the way I'll repost my original comment/quesiton...

Anyone have any warranty advice to offer? I'd like to get ahold of them sooner rather than later.

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

OK now that all the negativity is out of the way I'll repost my original comment/quesiton...
Anyone have any warranty advice to offer? I'd like to get ahold of them sooner rather than later.

chas is overwhelmed. i have waited a month for warranty parts to arrive.
remember they are selling thousands of pins and they have hundreds of issues to resolve and then have to make a ticket to ship parts etc.

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Yep...I sent them 2 emails about my death star issue....zero response in 2 weeks....the good news is I fixed it myself so i didnt bother calling

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Nope sorry this is NIB.... 1st owner here. I think you missed something. What is major and what is minor is in the eye of he who is paying the bill
I've had a few other pins second hand in the past. What pins do you own?

Look at my history here. Too long to list. I've had hundreds of pins, some multiple times, and dozens NIB. Your expectations for NIB are too high.

#639 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't understand that issue at all....

#640 6 years ago

got the call from cointaker my luci be shipped out today.

#641 6 years ago

Seriously enough bickering. Open a new thread or PM each other. I keep seeing new posts in this thread and get excited to read them. Then I open it and read this garbage.

#642 6 years ago

I agree with you. I'm not sure what Viteland's problem is. Others are giving good advice and I'm going to thank them for that. Kind of suspicious how all the sudden "hundreds" of pinball machines come into the conversation.

My expectation to receive an item that is not damaged is too high LOL you can't make this stuff up folks!

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

chas is overwhelmed. i have waited a month for warranty parts to arrive.
remember they are selling thousands of pins and they have hundreds of issues to resolve and then have to make a ticket to ship parts etc.

Thanks for the tip!

#644 6 years ago

CANNON ISSUE:
Backside of cannon getting stuck on return. Rubs on right ramp.
What's the best way to adjust the cannon or nearby plastics?

-Thanks!

20180401_133339-1 (resized).jpg20180401_133339-1 (resized).jpg

#645 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey guys. One more issue I have on my AC/DC Luci and then I think it’s all dialed in. The cannon motor is loud and the assembly is binding somewhere. When it sweeps down it will catch and skip a bit. This makes a shot on the upswing almost impossible. See this link. » YouTube video
Anyone got any ideas here?

I think I am having the same issue without the "loudness". Back of cannon is rubbing on plastic ramp. Can you give me a pointer on how to remedy? Did they have you adjust the cannon or the ramp? -Thx!!

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

CANNON ISSUE:
Backside of cannon getting stuck on return. Rubs on right ramp.
What's the best way to adjust the cannon or nearby plastics?
-Thanks!

Usually there's a little play in the ramp holes. I'd loosen the screws holding the ramp and move the ramp as far away as the holes will allow, then re-tighten.

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Usually there's a little play in the ramp holes. I'd loosen the screws holding the ramp and move the ramp as far away as the holes will allow, then re-tighten.

No play. Doesn't look like that is an option. Actually, that is the first think I tired.

#648 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

No play. Doesn't look like that is an option. Actually, that is the first think I tired.

If you loosen the screws and/or put a spacer in to raise it a smidge, will the cannon go UNDER the lip of the ramp? It looks like it's almost able to do that now.

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you loosen the screws and/or put a spacer in to raise it a smidge, will the cannon go UNDER the lip of the ramp? It looks like it's almost able to do that now.

Unknown, would be close at best. Thanks for the advice but I am going to wait to hear from Pinitration who seems to have the same issue. Shaving the ramp itself may be the best LT fix.

The good part about these problems that occur on multiple machines is that solutions may be more readily available. Would like to see more effort by the mfg. to improve tolerances and necessary adjustments.

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Unknown, would be close at best. Thanks for the advice but I am going to wait to hear from Pinitration who seems to have the same issue. Shaving the ramp itself may be the best LT fix.
The good part about these problems that occur on multiple machines is that solutions may be more readily available. Would like to see more effort by the mfg. to improve tolerances and necessary adjustments.

Your machine, but I would put actually cutting the ramp at dead last in the list of potential actions. It's likely just an assembly error on yours because everyone isn't having this problem. That means it can be fixed without something as drastic as cutting to make it work right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lucy-vault/page/13?hl=defdumblindkid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.