20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No question it’s a great product, but the margins on these must be huge. A foam cutout for the few games it affects surely wouldn’t break the bank.

I bought an LED for this exact reason but then didn't like the LED compared to LCD.

Also agree that margins on this product must be massive now and gaps of light look awful.

Even on WPC games I have had to put black tape on the edges as didn't like seeing the silver surround.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also agree that margins on this product must be massive now and gaps of light look awful.

You really don't notice anything from the front when playing, the colordmd still looks as awesome as always.

IMG_20180312_204730 (resized).jpgIMG_20180312_204730 (resized).jpg

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

You really don't notice anything from the front when playing, the colordmd still looks as awesome as always.

How do you like the play of the pin?

#504 6 years ago

just got the call, game has arrived at distributor, delivering tomorrow!!!

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

How do you like the play of the pin?

Well keep in mind that I used to own the Pro model so I'm familiar with it, but that's my basis for comparison. Having said that I love the AC/DC pin, it's one of my faves of all time and the reason I re-bought it is I missed it and I love the Luci art package. Compared to the Pro though it does feel kinda slow but that's ok, just makes it different. The lower playfield is ok, it's not amazing to me but it does look cool when it glows during gameplay and it does look better than just the face art. I can't say I like it more than the Pro, both are good but the Luci art package wins me over.

#506 6 years ago

Hey guys I put a Colordmd in my Luci, followed instructions from a Youtube video and I used the kit Colordmd told me to use for the newer metal box Sterns. It works fine but when you look from the side you can see into the head because of the gap between the Colordmd and the front glass, see the attached pic. Is that normal when installing a Colordmd into a newer Stern with a metal backbox? It's not a big deal because you don't see that when you are playing, but want to be sure I installed it correctly.

This is why I prefer the led version of the kit, it’s a much cleaner instal, imo.

Walking Dead is a LCD
Metallica is a LED

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#507 6 years ago

Whoo hoo!!! Mine was delivered today. Sitting in a box in my foyer waiting for me to get off work.

#508 6 years ago

Has anybody heard from Game Room Guys?

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

This is why I prefer the led version of the kit, it’s a much cleaner instal, imo.
Walking Dead is a LCD
Metallica is a LED

I just don't like the actual output of the LED display. The LCD is much nicer on the eyes IMO.

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just don't like the actual output of the LED display. The LCD is much nicer on the eyes IMO.

agree 100%

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

Walking Dead is a LCD
Metallica is a LED

So does the LED install flush on AC/DC Luci VEs?

#512 6 years ago

Hey guys I put a Colordmd in my Luci, followed instructions from a Youtube video and I used the kit Colordmd told me to use for the newer metal box Sterns. It works fine but when you look from the side you can see into the head because of the gap between the Colordmd and the front glass, see the attached pic. Is that normal when installing a Colordmd into a newer Stern with a metal backbox? It's not a big deal because you don't see that when you are playing, but want to be sure I installed it correctly.

6 Problem Solved (resized).jpg6 Problem Solved (resized).jpg

5 Installation (resized).jpg5 Installation (resized).jpg

4 Painted Chrome (resized).jpg4 Painted Chrome (resized).jpg

3 Routering holes (resized).jpg3 Routering holes (resized).jpg

2 assembly (resized).jpg2 assembly (resized).jpg

1 Gap Problem (resized).jpg1 Gap Problem (resized).jpg

#513 6 years ago

Finally at home

IMG_1067 (resized).JPGIMG_1067 (resized).JPG

#514 6 years ago

Few left in my 3rd and final run of roof mod.

Get one before they are gone!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-roof-band-mod-lighted

B439DFD2-1916-420C-9915-E725A7142BAC (resized).jpegB439DFD2-1916-420C-9915-E725A7142BAC (resized).jpeg

4D25A59E-F6D2-4049-9758-1D18256D5E9B (resized).jpeg4D25A59E-F6D2-4049-9758-1D18256D5E9B (resized).jpeg

#515 6 years ago

Luci is in the house!!! Does anyone know if the lower play field window is adjustable? I feel like mine needs to come up some to be flush.

AEFAB78C-121C-4CD0-BB40-4A30E7EC5433 (resized).jpegAEFAB78C-121C-4CD0-BB40-4A30E7EC5433 (resized).jpeg

#516 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Luci is in the house!!! Does anyone know if the lower play field window is adjustable? I feel like mine needs to come up some to be flush.

The window just screws on now, so you can remove it, shim it until it's flush, then put the screws back in.

#517 6 years ago

Well that kinda sucks. What are you using to shim it?

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well that kinda sucks. What are you using to shim it?

Dunno. The one we have is the old-style with the window non-removable. Something thin. I can't imagine you need much.

#519 6 years ago

Gotcha. One other thing. Where is the right Thunderstruck flasher supposed to be. This does not seem right...

474C84B9-E00F-4B0C-8D31-2FAF2BCD28A5 (resized).jpeg474C84B9-E00F-4B0C-8D31-2FAF2BCD28A5 (resized).jpeg

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Gotcha. One other thing. Where is the right Thunderstruck flasher supposed to be. This does not seem right...

Weird, but the same on the one here, so probably factory weird.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The ball will hit it if up closer.... id highly recommend the pinbits upgraded lighting bolts.... really adds to the lightshow

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The window on mine is also low. I will shim later today with some washers.

#523 6 years ago

Also if you are upgrading to Flipper Fildelty Speakers( Bigger Backbox and Bigger sub) the cut out for the sub is only 8 inches and for the backbox,There is a metal piece that has about 6 wires plugged into it,Two Copper screws are holding it together,What I did is removed the screw closest to Translite and rotated the metal thing clockwise about 25% and the now the upgraded backbox speakers fit

#524 6 years ago

Do these machines have a shaker motor installed?

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

The window on mine is also low. I will shim later today with some washers.

Well this is kind of a bummer. Sounds like they are not really paying attention to that at the factory. I'm hoping mine comes in correct.

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well this is kind of a bummer. Sounds like they are not really paying attention to that at the factory. I'm hoping mine comes in correct.

Yeah I agree it's a huge bummer. My dad came over last night to unbox and set up with me. After getting it all set up with shaker, sub, volume control, etc. we finally got to play a game. No kidding, the first flip of the ball and it went airborne once it hit the edge of that window. ARGHHH!!!!!

We did get to play a few games but then I thought it would be best to shut if down until I got it adjusted. There is NO WAY someone didn't notice this at the factory. $6800 and you guys don't make sure the f$%ckin window is flush. Really Stern? Really?

I'll be shimming it up with some thin washers today. I'm sure it will be 100% once I dial it in. Just pretty frustrating.

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Do these machines have a shaker motor installed?

If your talking about a NIB machine then the answer is no....

#528 6 years ago

I have a few deliver/damage and setup issues I could use some advice on.....

Pics will follow:

1) Two exterior damage issues. Chip in coin door; and DMD overlay scuff

2) Split in wood of lower playfield.

3) ball keeps getting caught in the E lane of AXE.

4) left lighting bolt flasher bulb keeps popping out.

Should I call Stern for warranty protection?

#529 6 years ago

20180316_223101 (resized).jpg20180316_223101 (resized).jpg

#530 6 years ago

20180316_231614 (resized).jpg20180316_231614 (resized).jpg

#531 6 years ago

20180316_222244 (resized).jpg20180316_222244 (resized).jpg

#532 6 years ago

20180317_140230 (resized).jpg20180317_140230 (resized).jpg

#533 6 years ago

20180317_003106 (resized).jpg20180317_003106 (resized).jpg

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Mine is flush but seems like screws are above pf level. It changes ball path

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This. Flasher is too close to ball and knocks it off ramp before it ever gets to cannon. Had to adjust

#536 6 years ago

I got my lower play field sitting flush now. Used some small washers. Play great now!

1C8551F5-FFAE-48C6-804A-FCE77EE032F5 (resized).jpeg1C8551F5-FFAE-48C6-804A-FCE77EE032F5 (resized).jpeg

#537 6 years ago

Hey guys. One more issue I have on my AC/DC Luci and then I think it’s all dialed in. The cannon motor is loud and the assembly is binding somewhere. When it sweeps down it will catch and skip a bit. This makes a shot on the upswing almost impossible. See this link.

Anyone got any ideas here?

#538 6 years ago

Meh. I'd just get out the black sharpie or paint pen and make some adjustments for the flasher and the ball lane and call it a day. The only one I'd MAYBE call about is the speaker overlay that has the finish scratched out to white because the sharpie/paint pen may not match, but it's so small I doubt I'd bother.

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. I'd just get out the black sharpie or paint pen and make some adjustments for the flasher and the ball lane and call it a day. The only one I'd MAYBE call about is the speaker overlay that has the finish scratched out to white because the sharpie/paint pen may not match, but it's so small I doubt I'd bother.

That mini PF with the wood splitting at the screw/bracket spot would greatly concern me....everything else seems like minute issues.

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm most concerned with the crack in the bottom of the lower playfield. Looks like it could be an issue after several years of play

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

I'm most concerned with the crack in the bottom of the lower playfield. Looks like it could be an issue after several years of play

A bit of white glue and it should be fine. The 1/4 inch socket screws might have been over tightened.

Rob

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Wood glue and it will never be a problem again. It's hard to be completely sure with the bracket covering most of the split, but it looks really minor and it's not visible from the topside play area.

#543 6 years ago

I don’t care how minor I’d ask for replacements on a NIB game.

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I got my lower play field sitting flush now. Used some small washers. Play great now!

Worked great on mine also!!

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

That attitude is why CGC is reluctant to offer warranty transferability to 2nd owners during the warranty period officially or unofficially. Nothing in those pictures was a big deal except maybe the speaker panel scratch to the white, but only if a sharpie didn't blend it (it was in the black). Don't sweat the small stuff. There are FAR worse issues coming out of new boxes these days to worry about.

#546 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That attitude is why CGC is reluctant to offer warranty transferability to 2nd owners during the warranty period officially or unofficially. Nothing in those pictures was a big deal except maybe the speaker panel scratch to the white, but only if a sharpie didn't blend it (it was in the black). Don't sweat the small stuff. There are FAR worse issues coming out of new boxes these days to worry about.

Not sure what you mean by attitude but all of the items listed are issues which affect gameplay, quality and enjoyment.

Regarding warranties for second owners... almost no product including cars, stereo equipment and electronics offer secondary warranties other than to the original owner; for no other reason then the unit is used... the manufacturer cannot govern the way in which it was used thusly affecting durability.

I would say that the ball constantly getting stuck in the Top Lane because the spacing is off and the lightning flasher constantly popping out as two big issues which then cause the game to be opened more often than it needs to be affecting wear and tear on other parts.

The wood crack in the lower playfield is like having a cut in your tire... sure it's good now and not losing air but you don't know how many bumps you're going to go over in the next 6 six thousand miles which could cause it to go flat.

I don't think we want AC DC getting a reputation like The Big Lebowski game is being a maintenance nightmare. Several other items which I did not even post or mention or easily fixable and not worth mentioning.

20180317_184858 (resized).jpg20180317_184858 (resized).jpg

#547 6 years ago

Almost literally every new car bumper to bumper warranty carries over to the next owner.

Other than that I agree, they should fix that, they’ve said their new market is the home collector, it’s time to start having qa that matches that new market.

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Not sure what you mean by attitude but all of the items listed are issues which affect gameplay, quality and enjoyment.

I mean that all those things shown were generally niggly and not a big deal and could be adjusted/corrected/fixed by the customer without warranty claims, with the POSSIBLE exception of the speaker nick as that's cosmetic and in your face. The ball sticking in the "E" lane looks like more an issue of playfield angle being too shallow since the ball isn't even touching the other side. It looks like it's stuck on the divot at the bottom of the rollover.

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

At these prices, Stern, CGC, and JJP have to have an individual who is going through these games with a fine tooth comb before leaving the factory.

The expectations of a collector are much different than those of an operator. Make no mistake, these manufacturers are targeting the one time home buyer and collector.

#550 6 years ago

why complain about nib pin with scratches, cracked wood, paint chip? how dare you. so ungrateful to stern for making these pins for us !

i bet they see all this stuff before the pins ship and they just throw em in the box and ship them out as-is.

very bad qc and seems like its getting worse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lucy-vault/page/11?hl=defdumblindkid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.