20180508_215928 (resized).jpg
553FAEC5-79B3-402D-8D61-519B2A38A7C5 (resized).jpeg
A4E47B9A-E05C-454C-A8EF-65F15B22AD8A (resized).jpeg
39DFB9D7-53AA-4E60-9BCD-1532A31FC4A2 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).JPG
9B860B45-CC69-42EB-BA41-726842F5CFB8 (resized).png
02754FBC-A35C-4C61-A8F5-16D3B0ED284B (resized).png
0504181359 (resized).jpg
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
#451 6 years ago

Does anyone know what the MSRP is on Luci?

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from little-italy:

Anybody have a ETA on when she's coming to the east coast?????

I know if been waiting for cointaker to call me.

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Does anyone know what the MSRP is on Luci?

MSRP is $7199 but they can be bought for $6800 and I've even heard $6700. I paid $6800 for mine.

#454 6 years ago

$6,900 shipped

#455 6 years ago

$6800 shipped is the going rate. $7199 is the minimum advertised pricing.

#456 6 years ago

yup paid 6800 shipped

#457 6 years ago

I was quoted $7200 and was told MSRP was $7700.

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I was quoted $7200 and was told MSRP was $7700.

Canadian pricing higher?

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Canadian pricing higher?

MSRP $7699 (same price as last years premium I was told).
I paid $7195 with shipping to Gothenborg Sweden.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-game-release-history

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yup paid 6800 shipped

$6700 shipped to California is the lowest I've heard.

#461 6 years ago

So I guess there is an MSRPish price outside the US.

#462 6 years ago

Looks like they are finally arriving on the east coast. Got the call from cointaker today.

#463 6 years ago

Few left folks - let me know: lighted band Roof Mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-roof-band-mod-lighted

DD2B87E1-024D-4183-961D-B1AF442673C7 (resized).jpegDD2B87E1-024D-4183-961D-B1AF442673C7 (resized).jpeg

#464 6 years ago

Hey guys I put a Colordmd in my Luci, followed instructions from a Youtube video and I used the kit Colordmd told me to use for the newer metal box Sterns. It works fine but when you look from the side you can see into the head because of the gap between the Colordmd and the front glass, see the attached pic. Is that normal when installing a Colordmd into a newer Stern with a metal backbox? It's not a big deal because you don't see that when you are playing, but want to be sure I installed it correctly.

IMG_20180312_204706 (resized).jpgIMG_20180312_204706 (resized).jpg

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Is that normal when installing a Colordmd into a newer Stern with a metal backbox? It's not a big deal because you don't see that when you are playing, but want to be sure I installed it correctly.

Wish I knew....haven't gotten a call from distributor that Luci has even arrived yet. Sigh.

#466 6 years ago

Hey guys I put a Colordmd in my Luci, followed instructions from a Youtube video and I used the kit Colordmd told me to use for the newer metal box Sterns. It works fine but when you look from the side you can see into the head because of the gap between the Colordmd and the front glass, see the attached pic. Is that normal when installing a Colordmd into a newer Stern with a metal backbox? It's not a big deal because you don't see that when you are playing, but want to be sure I installed it correctly.

That's normal. You can block light from the sides with a few pieces of black tape closing that gap on the sides of the display. It's not elegant, but it works. When the light is blocked you won't see any gap.

Rob

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That's normal. You can block light from the sides with a few pieces of black tape closing that gap on the sides of the display. It's not elegant, but it works. When the light is blocked you won't see any gap.
Rob

Cool thanks, just had colordmd confirm that as well.

#468 6 years ago

I'm almost done with a die-cut black flame resistant foam "gasket" that takes care of this. Really cleans up the installation, and is dead simple to use, just drop it over the 6 posts.

#469 6 years ago

It would be nice if they sold a surround that blocked that light

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

It would be nice if they sold a surround that blocked that light

If all goes well I should have them for sale within a month or less. Just tweaking the test versions now.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm almost done with a die-cut black flame resistant foam "gasket" that takes care of this. Really cleans up the installation, and is dead simple to use, just drop it over the 6 posts.

Oooh cool, count me in for one.

#472 6 years ago

Im down for one!

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If all goes well I should have them for sale within a month or less. Just tweaking the test versions now.

I saw a ColorDMD mounted like that a couple of years ago. Honestly I figured something was messed up with the install (like has been mentioned). I'm a bit surprised after this time a solution hasn't been made available yet. It's nice to hear help is on the way.

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I saw a ColorDMD mounted like that a couple of years ago. Honestly I figured something was messed up with the install (like has been mentioned). I'm a bit surprised after this time a solution hasn't been made available yet. It's nice to hear help is on the way.

Im all for PinMonk making and selling this, but really should be a standard inclusion with colour DMD for Stern metal back boxes.

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Great work.

It is inexcusable that they don't include something like this for the new Sterns heads considering the price they charge.

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cool cool.

Quoted from Mike_J:

Great work.

It is inexcusable that they don't include something like this for the new Sterns heads considering the price they charge.

I kinda gotta agree with you on this one. It's $400 for a very small LCD. You can get a 55" Smart TV for the same price with a stand and all. I understand the cost comes from the coding and what not. But I haven't bought a color DMD for my Iron Man Vault for this exact reason. I won't but one for my Luci Vault for that reason too. If Color DMD came with a frame that made it look nice, I'd be in. It's pricey toy, I don't want a big gap around the edge.

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im all for vireland making and selling this, but really should be a standard inclusion with colour DMD for Stern metal back boxes.

Probably a cost issue. Doing it right with good foam that's fire resistant and the right thickness isn't as cheap as I thought going in. But yeah, once you see it with a nice light-sealing dark gasket, you won't want it any other way.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Cool cool.

I kinda gotta agree with you on this one. It's $400 for a very small LCD. You can get a 55" Smart TV for the same price with a stand and all. I understand the cost comes from the coding and what not. But I haven't bought a color DMD for my Iron Man Vault for this exact reason. I won't but one for my Luci Vault for that reason too. If Color DMD came with a frame that made it look nice, I'd be in. It's pricey toy, I don't want a big gap around the edge.

Hey, pricey toys shouldn't look like shit.

I have quite a few ColorDMDs on my older Sterns and never realized this was an issue until this thread.

#479 6 years ago

My Luci is coming tomorrow super excited!

#480 6 years ago

I've had color dmd's on all my games...LOTR, MET, IM, ACDC....never even noticed this issue....so in my mind its a non issue

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably a cost issue. Doing it right with good foam that's fire resistant and the right thickness isn't as cheap as I thought going in. But yeah, once you see it with a nice light-sealing dark gasket, you won't want it any other way.

Great. Now I’m buying mods for my mods. WTF!! This hobby has officially jumped the shark.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've had color dmd's on all my games...LOTR, MET, IM, ACDC....never even noticed this issue....so in my mind its a non issue

Before claiming it’s a non-issue, It’s only an issue with the new metal backbox. LOTR certainly doesn’t have metal back box, and so is sits flush with no gap. MET, IM and AC/DC are only an issue if a VE or later run Met. Then it is clearly an issue or we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It’s only an issue with the metal backbox. I agree something should be included to close the gap for $400!

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It's not an issue on our old games.

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Before claiming it’s a non-issue, It’s only an issue with the new metal backbox. LOTR certainly doesn’t have metal back box, and so is sits flush with no gap. MET, IM and AC/DC are only an issue if a VE or later run Met. Then it is clearly an issue or we wouldn’t be having this discussion.</blockquote

two of my machines are the new style backbox, two are not....its a non issue on all the games...IMHO....sure would a gasket be better? possibly?

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This would effect:

AC/DC (with round speaker holes)
Game of Thrones
Ghostbusters
Iron Man (Pro Vault Edition)
KISS (Stern)
Metallica (with round speaker holes)
Mustang
Spider-Man (Stern: Vault Edition)
Star Trek (Stern: Pro and Premium)
The Walking Dead
WWE Wrestlemania

So quite a few games really.

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

This would effect:
AC/DC (with round speaker holes)
Game of Thrones
Ghostbusters
Iron Man (Pro Vault Edition)
KISS (Stern)
Metallica (with round speaker holes)
Mustang
Spider-Man (Stern: Vault Edition)
Star Trek (Stern: Pro and Premium)
The Walking Dead
WWE Wrestlemania
So quite a few games really.

I have the ACDC and Met....never noticed the issue during game play nor has any of my pinball buddies....maybe its just my environment? what I love about the product is u can get most of your money back (unlike most mods), and if someone doesn't want to pay up for the color dmd you can just remove and use in another game....its an awesome product....sure would a gasket clean it up? sure I get it....

#488 6 years ago

Two layers of 3/8” black weatherstripping takes care of it, but I agree that it should come standard. Chances are, it would be offered as an add on kit...

Another thing that I’ve noticed is that with the power supply (fan) in the backbox on Spike machines, there’s a lot more dust circulating that works it’s way between the LCD and display plastic without a seal there. Happens on pre Spike games as well, just not as quickly in my experience. This is referring to location machines which are turned on for 18 hours/day for what it’s worth.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I understand the cost comes from the coding and what not.

No question it’s a great product, but the margins on these must be huge. A foam cutout for the few games it affects surely wouldn’t break the bank.

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Great. Now I’m buying mods for my mods. WTF!! This hobby has officially jumped the shark.

Glad I could open up a whole new category for the hobby! (If the shark has been jumped, the Jaws pin must be imminent!)

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As far as I know the game coding is community sourced and costs Colour DMD nothing. Only the core operating system is done in house. No question it’s a great product, but the margins on these must be huge. A foam cutout for the few games it affects surely wouldn’t break the bank.

Thats not true....ColorDmD pays people a flat fee to color the games....

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

Two layers of 3/8” black weatherstripping takes care of it, but I agree that it should come standard. Chances are, it would be offered as an add on kit...

That weatherstrip stack would be 3/4" thick, which is the final thickness of these gaskets. They're also firmer than weatherstripping.

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That weatherstrip stack would be 3/4" thick, which is the final thickness of these gaskets. They're also firmer than weatherstripping.

Hell yeah, I’m excited for a legit solution. My stacked weatherstripping has always been a B+ approach. Thanks!

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats not true....ColorDmD pays people a flat fee to color the games....

Ok, good to know. Corrected original post.

#495 6 years ago

Never cared enough, but if it begins to bother me I’ll walk out to the garage.

1DDB7E8B-DE55-4345-9EA2-2F2C7B2D6368 (resized).jpeg1DDB7E8B-DE55-4345-9EA2-2F2C7B2D6368 (resized).jpeg

#496 6 years ago

The install of the Color LED is one of the few reasons why I prefer the LED over the LCD.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

If it begins to bother me I’ll walk to the garage.

Sparky tape would bother me more.

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I've done that, and it's not a pretty solution. It takes a lot more electrical tape than you imagine.

#499 6 years ago

I'll just wait for virelands solution. It's really not that bad as it is, you don't see it when you are playing the game only when the machine is viewed from a sharp angle, so I can wait.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

That doesn't seem like a great solution for a 7K game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lucy-vault/page/10?hl=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.