ACDC translite.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
Screenshot.png
image-545.jpg
image.jpg
1471938_10152049462504244_171612381_n.jpg
LUCI Lower PF.jpg
Luci game.jpg
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago

I have been asking the same thing

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

What does Luci have to do with AC/DC? Google search comes up empty.

Looks like a new character created by Stern? Interesting that they were able to get the rights to do that with such a big band..

#103 10 years ago

Now I know what I want for Xmas.

#104 10 years ago

Wouldn't of this been a better backglass?

ACDC translite.jpgACDC translite.jpg
#105 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

As in "Lucifer" ...hot demon girl. Also could be a word play on her being "loose".

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Wouldn't of this been a better backglass?

ACDC translite.jpg 41 KB

Sure, just lose the 5 gruesome looking guys behind her.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As in "Lucifer" ...hot demon girl. Also could be a word play on her being "loose".

i see no other explanation. i see little devil horns on her head.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That is pretty much what Pinballnews.com said:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/acdc/index12.html

#109 10 years ago

Very Coop style art. Love his work have a few of his prints.
www.coopstuff.com

header_motorcycle.gifheader_motorcycle.gif
#110 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I can't stop thinking about this game!
The artwork is very "Lords of Acid" which my wife just loves. Oh shit mang!
Alex I know you were being a doucher but man I might take you up on the pink trim

I actually wasn't. The trim would probably look better than the red.

#111 10 years ago

What does Luci have to do with it?

Answer: She looks freaking awesome and less boring then the dumb ac/DC logo. Tits win over logo every time and it has both. She has nothing to do with ac/DC and it does not matter one little bit.

Game is cooler in my opinion and worth the small price increase.

Whysnow ,it's not a Le and I am entitled to liking it but not being pissed about it. May hurt the value of my premium slightly but I don't care at all about that.I don't have room to look at the sides of my cabinets and I will live without the chicks in the lower playfield. Stern did not spit in my face, I actually like this retro art style despite your opinion. Might pick up the translite as I think it's a big improvement.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I actually wasn't. The trim would probably look better than the red.

Highly doubtful, you should really lay off the trolling dude. Im saying that in the most respectful way as I know what you do for the pin hobby.

The Stern dissatisfaction you throw around on here, it just comes off as petty considering your affiliation with JJP.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Does not matter to me. What matters is I am glad to see hot females on a pin. It seems like a mighty long time...

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

This is not a douche move like jjp at all. Glad they did not do a LE or owners of the originals would freak out (mostly)

I completely disagree with this point of view. A "limited edition" is created for collectors, and collectors are used to multiple "limited editions" of things. Is there a single limited edition Batman figurine? Of course not, there are new versions released all the time, and new ones don't necessarily impact the collectibility of former "limited editions", because they are still as limited as ever.

Fact is, in the end there may wind up being fewer "Luci" versions manufactured than BIBLE or LTBR if demand is low, and what if long term value of that becomes higher than BIBLE? That sounds more natural to me than a company artificially limiting a run and slapping a name plate on it to try to force collectibility.... that rarely works.

#115 10 years ago

Who did the updated art?

#116 10 years ago

Well said Baiter and I see your flip side. My feeling is it will sell well and be sold all next year. And remember no plaque and no limited run Stern can make as many as they can sell.

Am I pissed at stern over Metallica and the quality control on the same game, yes. Do I think this a prick move, not really. I played 5 games of ac/DC tonight and my fun was not diminished one bit. I did not yearn for chicks in the mini playfield yes it's cool but I am used to what I got. Doubt I would buy the mini playfield with chicks even if it was a cheap part.

If Stern needs to generate money ,let them. Would I be pissed if there was a tron premium, maybe a little but it won't diminish the fun I have with mine and I would be happy for the people not capable or no desire to install Eli's kit. A new Tron Le yes dick move a unlimited run premium with small changes not one bit it's their license.

#117 10 years ago

Yes, i would like to know who is doing the Coop like art also. Give me genuine Coop, "Rosie" edition and it would be awesome, not that the current art is not great, but Coop is the sh!t. And i don't care that most of his girls are thick, it would fit the theme perfect.

#118 10 years ago

At first I liked the possibility of adding the new lower playfield. Then I thought about it more. Aside from the style not matching the rest of the playfield, I just simply can't get past the fact they put another AC/DC logo there.

#119 10 years ago

in the end there may wind up being fewer "Luci" versions manufactured than BIBLE or LTBR if demand is low, and what if long term value of that becombcomeses higher than BIBLE?

NO WAY. I'm betting they've sold more than the LE's already. Best game ever so they'll sell a boat load!!

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

and what if long term value of that becombcomeses higher than BIBLE?

I'll take the flip side of that wager - I don't think Pink Luci will "becombcomeses" more valuable than BIBLE.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I'll take the flip side of that wager - I don't think Pink Luci will "becombcomeses" more valuable than BIBLE.

I know. If $ wasn't an object,I'd have a luci,BIB,LTBR,premium & a pro in a room of their own. Just because it's that good

#122 10 years ago

Best ac/dc art package yet but too much red now, needs black amour to mood it up a notch. Can't wait to see what tracelifter comes up with for the topper.

#123 10 years ago

I don't think it's bad, I'd probably have gone with it instead of the Premium I have now if it was available a year ago and the same price. The lower playfield is real nice, not sure about the cabinet sides.

I guess it's odd to me that they'd re-do the artwork on an old table. Wouldn't this cause people on the fence about buying a Star Trek for instance to hold off and see if they ever re-do that too? Or maybe Metallica fans hold off another year to see if that gets another design? I do hope this marks a trend of Stern using more original artwork in their future titles instead of the clipart and old sweaty dudes.

#124 10 years ago

I'm almost ready to buy a NIB machine, but I cannot imagine getting this past the wife for one second!

So we don't know who did the artwork? That's a pity. A respected artist with cred like Dirty Donny or even Coop as mentioned earlier, would give this machine a real boost.

#125 10 years ago

You would have thought Stern would have released the much promised AC DC GOLD Version before this pile of camel crap.

#126 10 years ago

i do like the lower playfield, not sure about the rest yet, might need another day or 2 to think this one over

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

Now I know what I want for Xmas.

+ a billion. SANTA!!!

I don't need to look at a bunch of ugly guys. Great music, great ART!

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Highly doubtful, you should really lay off the trolling dude. Im saying that in the most respectful way as I know what you do for the pin hobby.
The Stern dissatisfaction you throw around on here, it just comes off as petty considering your affiliation with JJP.

You're wrong there. I WAS being serious. So much so that I have 4 people who want the color already. Sorry you can't see it because you think my affiliation has anything to do with my commentary which couldn't be further from the truth but it doesn't.

I bash stern so much that I bought 4 of their last 6 machines. (Didn't get xmen or avengers).

Apparently You need to Re-read my posts because I don't bash stern. You are just making assumptions.

#129 10 years ago

not impressed

looks like a groovy 1960's Austin powers box... or something.

my guess is it will attract only folks who wanted to get a ACDC LE before and missed out and find this as an opportunity to jump on a different than norm art scheme

Just throwing this out there... I am (or was) and old school ACDC fan and all... I just don't remember the "LUCI" thing and all... either its my age or I wasn't that heavy of a follower.. but come on man.. the main themes are Let there be rock, TNT, high way to hell , back in black, and to me.. well modern would be thunderstruck... other than that its all fringe stuff.. So to put LUCI as the highlight feature of the ACDC pinball seems mildly stupid. Just saying its not the first thing I think of when someone says "ACDC rocks man".

What if Metallica made a cabinet with St. Anger fist art??? Metallica fans would say... huh? why this?

just my 2 cents

#130 10 years ago

The game needs different color trim than red. Too much red on the cab. Purple that matches the chick would look good.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

not impressed
my guess is it will attract only folks who wanted to get a ACDC LE before and missed out and find this as an opportunity to jump on a different than norm art scheme
Just throwing this out there... I am (or was) and old school ACDC fan and all... I just don't remember the "LUCI" thing and all... either its my age or I wasn't that heavy of a follower.. but come on man.. the main themes are Let there be rock, TNT, high way to hell , back in black, and to me.. well modern would be thunderstruck... other than that its all fringe stuff.. So to put LUCI as the highlight feature of the ACDC pinball seems mildly stupid. Just saying its not the first thing I think of when someone says "ACDC rocks man".
What if Metallica made a cabinet with St. Anger fist art??? Metallica fans would say... huh? why this?
just my 2 cents

This is neat, but a bit too much "ooh, boobies" for me and my household. I agree, but as close as anybody can tell this is just some random cartoon devil "babe" Stern invented to sell more machines.

So picture a Metallica game with some random "rock babe' on it and that would be a more apt comparison, St. Anger is at least a recognizable Metallica song.

#132 10 years ago

i love the artwork the game and i agree a whole lotta rosi with coop art would be cooler in my humble opinion ! but i just don't get it. luci as far as i know has never been affiliated with the band ac/dc in any form before this pinball ? i already own a ltbr so i am not in the market. but i do love it ! now on all the folks hating on the pictures of old guys on the game ! this is ac/dc yes they age as we all do ! is it cooler that only pictures of young people on games make them cooler ?? lol nuff said keeler out !!

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The game needs different color trim than red. Too much red on the cab. Purple that matches the chick would look good.

exactly.

#134 10 years ago

I absolutely love it! Would be better if the backglass was mirrored, however. Makes me wonder- since it's not truly an "LE", like the Tron Chicks edition, will the translights be up for sale to the general public (like Tron)?

Also, this edition seems late to the game IMO. AC/DC is an awesome game, and I don't think I'll ever sell mine… but the fact is I know more people that have owned AC/DC than any other title put out in the last several years, and there is no shortage of machines for sale/available used. The thing with Tron and the chicks edition, there was an immediate need from people wanting Trons and they were out of 3D translights. I don't think the same need is here for AC/DC, and if anything, even more Premiums will be up for sale by those wanting Luci editions.

And I agree that a Rosie Edition would have made more sense, they could have gotten around the "whole lotta woman" thing, right?

#135 10 years ago

I like the lower playfield however the cabinet and backglass don't do it for me.

Looks like the game was made for Nickelodeon.

#136 10 years ago

I agree there appears to be some saturation of ACDC in the collector market, but "Luci" may do well in additional Bars and Nightclubs considering the more adult themed art.

#137 10 years ago

Well played Stern!

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I think the cabinet artwork looks very cool. Back glass I'm not digging as it's Ac/Dc pin not rock chicks.
But I do call BS. This is crap all these different versions after the fact. Freakin announce all versions at time of build so buyers can make informed choices on their preference. Getting tired of pinball hobbyists chain being yanked. Now, I still would have gotten the premium I own over this version - but I should know the options ahead of time.
I agree with other posters. The market is not going to be in a good place next year. If you're a collector/player - forget about LEs anymore. They (JJP & Stern) just screwed the pooch.

Hate to bring up a CAR metaphor, but this one fits perfectly. Every year there's a NEW model of an existing car. Should the buyer of a 2011 car have an issue with the car company for selling a different - and probably slightly better model of the same car - to the public in 2014? Of course not. Why should it be different for pinball machines? Stern is finally getting it. Provided they have the license authorization to do so, they can revive older titles in new, attractive ways. Great for business. Great for pinball. And it makes perfect sense.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

not impressed
just my 2 cents

You are really overthinking this. I think.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You are really overthinking this. I think.

Yup. People are hung up on this "character" ...it's less of a character and more of a concept: A devilish slutty groupie. While I'm not a fan of this as a cohesive art package, conceptually it totally makes sense.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup. People are hung up on this "character" ...it's less of a character and more of a concept: A devilish slutty groupie. While I'm not a fan of this as a cohesive art package, conceptually it totally makes sense.

Nothing wrong with a devilish slutty groupie.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Has happened before. Remind me, what does the crane have to do with BDK?

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Might be in the 45 minutes cut out after Heath died.

Maybe someday we'll know.

LTG : )

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The crane was apart of BDK the movie.

#145 10 years ago

I like the whole package, especially the cabinet side art and to some extent the lower playfield art as well. The backglass is only *OK*, but still fits well with the rest of the art package. I have an LTBR so I'm good to go, but if I didn't own an ACDC and had been sitting on the fence I believe this would have gotten me off of it with my wallet out.
Terry.

#146 10 years ago

Its awesome! Artwork makes it look like a real pin!
Too many whiny bastards on pinside anymore.

#147 10 years ago

I like the side art, not digging the backglass art. Given the choice I probably still would have stuck with my premium. Doesnt bother me they made this version, I think ACDC is one of the best Stern pins they made, hopefully more people get to enjoy it.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Mantra:

I think ACDC is one of the best Stern pins they made, hopefully more people get to enjoy it.

No doubt about that, and this version might end up being the true "LE" with the number that they actually make. Again, another price hike, and the fact that, even though I like it, I couldn't have it with kids and even if I didn't have them would you worry about offending guests that didn't know any better!

#149 10 years ago

It looks like Stern is responding to the complaints from everyone about no originality. It certainly is original. And they probably did not have any licensing issues with it. Some of that killer powder coating from Pinchroma would make it even better yet!

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from Mantra:

not digging the backglass art.

And thats no biggie, super easy to swap out if someone makes a custom one, that one Markmon did was pretty kick ass with the little demons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-luci-new-stern-release/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.