ACDC translite.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
Screenshot.png
image-545.jpg
image.jpg
1471938_10152049462504244_171612381_n.jpg
LUCI Lower PF.jpg
Luci game.jpg
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Well, it's hard to say. Stern does not limit the number of Premium models, they're not numbered. Anyone who bought a Premium knew Stern could make more. I think what upsets JJP customers is that they bought a Limited Edition version of a game, and now there's a second machine labeled limited and numbered.
As far as this art, I don't know much about AC/DC. Is Luci a character/theme in their band?

It may not technically be an LE, but Stern just took a dump on everyone that was an ACDC LE owner. I mean who would buy a BIB or LTBR when you can buy a better looking version with hand drawn cabinet and backglass art, clear playfield window, etc. for thousands less. Plus this "Luci" version will likely end up being the most rare version of all when all is said and done. The market is already saturated with ACDC pins so I can't imagine there will be more than a couple hundred of these sold... I think late 2013 and 2014 is shaping up to be the year that the A list/LE market takes a nose-dive. MMR and WOZ already did their part to kill it and now Stern is following.

#52 10 years ago

Bible is still way way better

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I wonder if Stern will release the lower playfield alone as a replacement for current premiums?

yep, I was thinking that as well. Would be nice to sell as an upgrade to previous prem owners

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Bible is still way way better

Way more expensive as well!

I wonder if any Dist will sell these at the same price
The old premiums went for? $6300 to $6500 Shipped?

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Way more expensive as well!
I wonder if any Dist will sell these at the same price
The old premiums went for? $6300 to $6500 Shipped?

Yes the Bible not cheap but it shows it's not cheap best game ever

#56 10 years ago

This shall now be known as the "Pepto Premium"

#57 10 years ago

Love AC/DC, but that's awful artwork.

#58 10 years ago

I have the perfect powder color for that game! Now taking orders

Pink Sparkle.

image-545.jpgimage-545.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#59 10 years ago

I would have figured that even with the pink skin that it would be too clashy against all that red. :/

#60 10 years ago

This will be the LE now. At least the lower window will be clear.

#61 10 years ago

Demon Barbie Prem.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Pink Sparkle.

Man, I might need to do up a Rollergames with that stuff! So cheesy and awesome.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Man, I might need to do up a Rollergames with that stuff! So cheesy and awesome.

That was put on a party zone. I originally thought it was roller games.

#64 10 years ago

Stern is just adopting the JJP plan, can't say that I blame them, it looks really cool to me but there is zero chance I could own that version with my younger kids around!

Surely they can't think that they can sell these at 7500 a pop? Gotta be the same pricing as the other premium, right?

#65 10 years ago

MSRP say it with me.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern is just adopting the JJP plan, can't say that I blame them, it looks really cool to me but there is zero chance I could own that version with my younger kids around!
Surely they can't think that they can sell these at 7500 a pop? Gotta be the same pricing as the other premium, right?

They are already listed on ebay for around $7100 with free shipping. One Pinsider already said they paid much less than $7000 through a distributor.

#67 10 years ago

I was qouted $6700 shipped.

#68 10 years ago

Very cheap way for Stern to get all they can out of AC/DC. Very little cost to do graphics with computers nowdays. Guess we will be testing just how deep this pinball market goes. Will there be any money left for new titles? How many NIB can be sold in a year from all manufacturers? From my estimate looks like maybe 3000 NIB sold in a year.
Now with all the nibs looks like about 4500 on market and they are higher priced. Me my limit is $4000 on a pin I did go a little over with a nib Met . Still irritated about the code and will not buy another no matter the theme unless finished. Also at the point out of room and $ for the hobby so its trade from here on out.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

MSRP say it with me.

The moment people start quoting MSRP they lose me. Especially since the MSRP on this one is exactly the same as the original premium (according to Stern's website)

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

First premium model with real backglass

Nope this has a Translite, I'm Almost Sure

JJ

#71 10 years ago

Luci will be $200 more than the last run of AC/DC Premiums. If anyone wants a quote please PM me with your email address. Thanks,

Mike

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Pink Sparkle.

image.jpg 17 KB

image-545.jpg 23 KB

Awesome color! That would be killer on Playboy.

#73 10 years ago

Its only $200 More then STD Prem machines. Stern only has time to make a small batch this year then more coming around February of next year. Only a few of us Distro's got to take a bite at this apple this year because its such a small run. We did get our hands on some, so EMAIL OR CALL me if you want pricing.

these are expected to be made mid to late December, and Stern is trying to get them in owners hands by Xmas, but not guaranteed.

[email protected]
303-962-4666

AS I said, Only 3 Domestic guys got a bite at the early release games so most of the other Distro's won't have them instock until atleast February.

JJ

#74 10 years ago

why it wasn't offered when ac/dc came out? more choices for the collectors.

personally i think it's.... well..... RED! don't put this in front of a bull!

#75 10 years ago

will have these ready soon for the bell aluminium block

Screenshot.pngScreenshot.png
#76 10 years ago

Well since OH was already fixed and covered, it would be nice if they took these profits and just expedited an upgrade in technology for a new game.

#77 10 years ago

Looks like I know where part of my bonus is going....

#78 10 years ago

Awesome

I planned on getting a NIB in 2014 & this is likely it

Sassy artwork on the cab, PF & translite plus I can modify my songs

Epic!

#79 10 years ago

I won't be moving on my Premium to make way for this.

#80 10 years ago

I can't stop thinking about this game!

The artwork is very "Lords of Acid" which my wife just loves. Oh shit mang!

Alex I know you were being a doucher but man I might take you up on the pink trim

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

is very "Lords of Acid" which my wife just loves. Oh shit mang!

Dang dude we have to hang out.

#82 10 years ago

I think this is the model for me. Hold on what if a another limited is in the works for this title.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I think this is the model for me. Hold on what if a another limited is in the works for this title.

Limited? This isnt a limited game? its just another premium model.. Kinda like they did the Tron 2d version then Tron all Girls. Its not like they added a extra LE Model..

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Why are you collecting or playing. And its not a numbered limited anyway. If you like this version buy it. You may as well not buy a car as you might like next years better.

#85 10 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!
Hand drawn art is back!!

Actually most of it is still some photoshopped stuff, but somehow the mix with the drawn girls works great IMO.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I can't stop thinking about this game!

The artwork is very "Lords of Acid" which my wife just loves. Oh shit mang!

Alex I know you were being a doucher but man I might take you up on the pink trim

You better check yourself, those girls are expensive

#87 10 years ago

I think the cabinet artwork looks very cool. Back glass I'm not digging as it's Ac/Dc pin not rock chicks.

But I do call BS. This is crap all these different versions after the fact. Freakin announce all versions at time of build so buyers can make informed choices on their preference. Getting tired of pinball hobbyists chain being yanked. Now, I still would have gotten the premium I own over this version - but I should know the options ahead of time.

I agree with other posters. The market is not going to be in a good place next year. If you're a collector/player - forget about LEs anymore. They (JJP & Stern) just screwed the pooch.

#88 10 years ago

They clearly dropped the ball here. So many more places they could have put the AC/DC logo.

#89 10 years ago

Premium, Super Premium, LE3, call it what you like, but this is the machine to have.

#90 10 years ago

I love the side art.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Santa - throw one of these on my list.

#91 10 years ago

So I guess my question is I order a ACDC premium last week, but its shipping from stern tomorrow. So Im wondering which one is coming?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#93 10 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

So I guess my question is I order a ACDC premium last week, but its shipping from stern tomorrow. So Im wondering which one is coming?

Regular... New ones arn't in production yet. Art was Just Approved

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

i'm sure your distributor knew about this version, maybe not.

if you really want it, i'm sure your distributor can work something out.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Khan:

I think the message is being clearly sent by both JJP and Stern ... don't ever think of anything we sell you as limited. We reserve the right to produce future versions of any pin at our discretion.

<sigh>

Not the same. This is a *PREMIUM* version. Guess what? The Premium version is not, and has never been, advertised or marketed as being "limited" in any way.

That wasn't the case with WOZECLE.

This isn't an LE. This is similar to what Stern did with Tron and the different translites, just taking it another step further.

#96 10 years ago

Dang Swinks, I was scrolling through the posts and yours hit me in the face like a sledgehammer! Wow, I think I'm scarred forever.

#97 10 years ago

I fucking love it. Wish I had 7g's to throw around. Well played Gary, well played!

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This isn't an LE. This is similar to what Stern did with Tron and the different translites, just taking it another step further.

I agree with this, I think of it as similar to Metallica premium. You can buy a road case edition or regular premium edition. It doesn't effect to MOPLE owners at all.....
P.S. I own a MOPLE and I LOVE IT!

#99 10 years ago

I love it!!!! Congrats to Stern for thinking out of the box for once. I only wish I didn't already have a premium.

#100 10 years ago

What does Luci have to do with AC/DC? Google search comes up empty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-luci-new-stern-release/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.